Diastatis?

Jennifit

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I thought you could best answer my question regarding diastatis. I just had twins 5 weeks ago and have resumed your workouts! YEAH!!!! (the new ones are kicking my butt! yikes!) Anyway, I have been doing modified ab work, but I noticed I have diastatis. What are some exercises to help me correct this problem or does it go away on its own? Did you experience this? I had a c-section, which is what caused this in the first place.

Thanks so much!!

jenni

Hi Jenni,

Congratulations on the babies!!!!

About a year ago (maybe??) Cathe posted a long email about this, on this forum. If you do an advanced search on the Ask Cathe forum for diastasis, you might find it. It was very detailed and interesting.

As well, I know Sheila on the pregnancy forum has posted some detailed information about this, as well. You might want to search that forum, as well.

Good luck with recovering from the C-section; I hope it goes well.
Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Jenni,

I am the moderator for the Cathe FitMoms forum. If you email me at [email protected] I will send you a rehab protocol that you can use to help repair your diastasis. I also recommend that you get the book, "Bounce Back Into Shape After Baby" by Caroline Corning Creager. She has some excellent C-section rehab information.

Healthy regards,

Sheila

Hi Jenni,
I don't even know what diastatis is, but I wanted to congratulate you on your twins. As a mom of five year old twins myself, I am impressed that you on the board and thinking exercise at five weeks post partum. Good luck and enjoy your babies.

Linda

Thanks, Linda! That is so sweet of you...you made my day.
I actually worked out until the day my water broke, so I am feeling pretty good - except for that exhaustion-thing!?!?! I cannot believe I carried 12.5 pounds of baby in me...yikes!
So, I hear that toddler twins are tough - harder than what I am going through now...is that true??
Give me one of the best pieces of advice you have learned through your experience with your twins. It is great to know that you are on this board, too. Take care.

jenni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.