Desperately need help with rotation for overweight pers...

I went to the doctor yesterday and am still in shock at how much I weigh! I knew that my clothes were getting really tight after the Easter candy, but oh my goodness!

I exercise 5 times per week. I am an intermediate exerciser. I have the tall step, club step, weights, etc. I have just started with Cathe and am step challenged. I have loved the CTX (except All Step) and the KPC workouts. I just did ME today.

What workouts do you suggest for the best fat-burning/toning results? What type of rotation do I need? I have all of Cathe's dvd workouts except PS and Cathe's classic step.

I just don't know where to start. I know it's best to have a rotation instead of just "winging" it. Do I need more circuit training to burn this blubber? Also, I would prefer to keep the routines about an hour a day. I don't have time for the hour and a half or 2 hours.

Thanks, in advance, for any help. I am too old to look this bad!

Hi there,

Here is Cathe Fat Loss and Definition rotation from last July. It's one of my all time favorites and is a great 'kick in the pants' rotation.

Hi Everyone! I must apologize for getting this rotation out so late. A couple of you have asked if it would be possible to get the rotations out a day or two before the month starts and I will work very hard on trying to make that happen

The July Rotation focuses on fat loss and definition. You will do a mix of cardio and weight training with moderate weight.

WEEK ONE:

Monday: CTX Upper Body
Tuesday: Imax 1
Wed: Leaner Legs
Thurs: MIC
Fri: Muscle Endurance
Sat: Walk/Run 40 minutes Plus Abs from Step Heat
Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:

Monday: Body Max
Tuesday: Step Fit
Wed: Cardio Kicks
Thurs: OFF
Fri: MIS
Sat: OFF
Sun: Power Hour

WEEK THREE:

Monday: MIC
Tues: Cardio and Weights
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Fri: Circuit Max
Sat: OFF
Sun: Boot Camp

WEEK FOUR:

Monday: Step Works
Tuesday: Imax 1
Wed: Power Hour
Fri: Pyramid Upper
Sat: Imax 2
Sun: Strong Legs and Abs

Also, sleep well, eat well, and be sure to keep your daily water intake at a high level.

Have Fun!

Since you only want to work out five days/week, I would include 2 strength workouts (either endurance or splits), 2 cardio workouts (and if you can swing it, make one of them an interval workout like IMAX or IMAX 2), and make 1 a cardio and weights blend (like Circuit Max, Step Jump and Pump, or Cardio and Weights).

Ditch any remaining Easter candy and drink plenty of water!!

Just my two cents!

Thank you so much for the rotation! I will give it a try. I have already gotten rid of all the Easter candy. Thanks again for helping me out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.