Default Calendar

jodijodi

Cathlete
We seem to be able to see all entries that people are making to the default calendar. For example, I think people are scheduling their workouts on the main calendar, so that in addition to everyone's birthdays, etc, we are seeing names of workout DVDs that are planned for that day.

Is the calendar supposed to work this way? Can anyone add anything to the main calendar? It makes more sense for the people who are keeping track of their workouts to use the Workout Manager calendar to do so rather than the main calendar, but in that case perhaps it is better to prevent forum members from adding events to the default calendar. (People might not realize that there are two different calendars.)

Or is this a bug? Is the default calendar a "personal" calendar that only one person is supposed to see and we're all seeing it by accident?

I hope that makes sense; sorry if this post is kind of confusing!

I think if we use the calendar link in the forums it takes us to the public calendar with the birthdays. I think the calendar link in the workout manager is our personal calendar for scheduling. I have been poking around and that's the best I can see so far...

Sorry, I reread your post, you already know there are 2 different calendars... Duh on my part!

It still looks like people are able to post their personal workouts to the default calendar though! I would say this is a bug.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.