December Rotation Check In Thursday 12/07

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning to everybody! The week is almost over. How's the weather in your neck of the woods????

Gin-I have a 10K on Super Bowl Sunday in February, a half marathon in April, and a full in October for 2007. Add is some smaller 5K and stuff, and that fills my running schedule nicely. As for cardio and training, I like to mix it up. I find that Cathe's cardio workouts are REALLY helping my running. Especially on the hills, where I really excel...that's my strong point! The full, however, will need much more running focus with less Cathe cardio because of that huge mileage.

We're moving right along on this rotation. I'm REALLY looking forward to the B&G standing premix tomorrow!

How much did you all get done before 8 am today? Me: Worked out, made kids' lunches, took dinner OUT of the crockpot (cooked it over night), showered and dressed, cleaned up from last night's party, watered the Christmas tree, and got my morning computer posts done. Is that enough? LOL (and it's not even 8am yet)

I hosted a cookie exchange last night and it was WONDERFUL! My girlfriend from college came...hadn't seen her in 5 years. It was fun, cozy, Christmas-y, and WONDERFUL! It's SOOOOO nice to be surrounded with such wonderful and supportive women. I'm always amazed at how everybody's lives just turn and twist. Mine has finally settled after DH's death; now my one girlfriend is getting a divorce, another friend is surprisingly pregnant, and another just had a baby. LIFE...LOVE IT ALL!

Ok......workout this morning was cardio blast premix from Low Impact Circuit and the ab medley. I hate bike maneuvers, but I muddled through!

Good news from last night was that with 13 different types of cookies (and 12 dozen of EACH) in the house, I didn't eat ONE!!! WOO HOO!

OK....must move it. BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is sunny and cold. But I'm happy to see the sun, so no complaints! So far this am I: worked out, made lunches, did one load of laundry and got 2 kids off to school! Funny you cooked tonights dinner overnight- I cooked tonights dinner last night because Thurs. nights are hecktic for us!!

Today was LIC cardio premix and I added the add on 4 blasts only to that. Had a blast!!:) Legs are feeling it though! I did Leaner Legs/CTX kickbox planks for ab work. 200 crunches- I would zone out!

Gayle- the cookie exchange sounds fun! Cookies are my weakness though, don't think I would be able to resist. (cake and choc. I can resist- but not cookies!) Glad to hear your life is settling down, that must have been a long hard road.

The last 3 days I have posted the same time as someone else- wondering today if I will again:)

Have a great day all! and happy workouts!
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good morning rotationers....;o)

today i did gs c&t and then i added on abripperX (p90x) because i didn't get in all the ab work the rotation called for yesterday. when i get home tonight i am planning on an interval run using cardio coach #4.

gayle- i am also a morning person and tend to get alot of things done early before having to leave out for work by 8am.

have a great day ladies!!

keep marching forward:)

Good morning, ladies!!

I had LIC cardio blast on the agenda this AM but I can't seem to get my heartrate going with that cardio (and I really don't want to go up to an 8 inch step), so I did Rhythmic Step instead. :) Can I say how much I LOVE that workout??? However, my ankles are killing me, sigh. I think I have to accept that sooner or later step is going to be only a minor part of my workout routine. Oh, well.

Gayle, I am a morning person, too. So far today (it's nearly 10), I... made breakfast and snacks and got the kids off to school. Walked the dog, fed the cats, made the beds, ran the dishwasher and one load of laundry, worked out, and solved two work problems in between. Oh, and answered a ton of work-related emails. I'm going to eat and shower in a couple of minutes and then off to the salt mines!

Hope you all have a great day!

Marie

Good morning ladies!

I did the Drill Max Cardio premix today. I really liked it, especially when I realized the terminator thrusts weren't included! My hams were really hurting from yesterday's GS Legs. Instead of doing crunches, I did one of my new workouts again, Hilary Burnett's Advanced Pilates. What a great 20 minute workout. I haven't done pilates in a long time so I didn't know if this was going to be too much for me. I got through it pretty well and some parts of it were definitely challenging. She does the moves but does voiceovers to explain the moves with the moves labeled on the screen. This workout really seemed to flow well and moved very quickly from one exercise to the next. I recommend this one as well. I also love morning exercise. My DS is 17 so I don't have the frantic rushing anymore of getting him off to school. He even calls the bus company himself if his bus is late. And to think for how many years I could never get him to get up and dressed on time? Now I can just get up, work out, shower, have breakfast, get dressed and go off to work and occasionally fit in some cleaning in between.

Marie - sorry if I'm enabling you again. We must be very much alike. Rhythmic Step is my favorite workout. I feel so good after doing it.

Gayle - The cookie exchange sounds like a wonderful idea and congrats to you for not even eating one cookie! Good for you! Glad your life is finally settling down and you're able to enjoy the holiday season.

Deanie - Glad you had a blast doing your workout.

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Marcy - lol! Were you reading my mind? I was like, hmmm, pilates, don't have much of that.... hehe. I need to use the stuff I've bought already, though! I am eagerly awaiting Reach and a couple of other things. And we have the X rotation coming up in January!

Hi Guys!

I made it today! I didn't feel well yesterday so I took a rest day so today I did LIC/cardio timesaver/ GS BSB timesaver and the abs, bike and planks. So I'm back on track.

I have major DOMS in my legs. Not looking forward to B&G's tomorrow!

Gayle, great job on avoiding all those cookies!

Way to go Deanie adding on like that! Hope your night's not too hectic!

Hey SD! Have a great run!

Marie do you take anything for your joints? I do and it really seems to be helping. Glad you got a lot done this AM. You too Deanie!

Great workout Marcy. I am a lover of RS too! Think it may be my favorite "older" step wo.

Have a great day Ladies and keep on keepin' on!!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good Afternoon everyone. I wasn't going to check-in because I slept in this morning and wasn't able to get my workout in. I usually don't have any time at night after work to fit it in because of the kids but I'm going to try real hard tonight to do it. I don't want to get off schedule on this rotation.

Plus I've been feeling real bloated the last two days so I really don't want to miss a cardio day.

So I decided to read what everyone else had done to give me the extra push and hopefully when I get home the kids will be happy to give me an hour to myself.

Tracee

Good Afternoon Ladies!
It is difficult for me to post in the morning because after I workout and get ready I have to rush out the door to go to work.

Gayle--You really had me worn out reading all that you did before 8 am!! You are one busy lady. The cookie exchange sounded fun. I used to go to those years ago, but I would have trouble resisting those yummy cookies. You have a lot more willpower! I was going to ask if you had done a marathon before, but then I saw your pics from the Disney. Was that alot of fun?? I've never done that one.

I did B&G standing glutes and abs today and then ran 3 miles. The B&G wasn't as bad as I remembered, except my legs really scream during the one legged squats!!x(

It is supposed to get down in the 20's tonight, which is about as cold as it gets here in TX!! BRRRR!!:p

Gin

Tracee, that happens sometimes and try not to be too hard on yourself. :) What I usually do in that situation is put my workout clothes on and decide I am going to do the first 10 minutes of a workout. If I'm not into it at that point, I'll turn it off. (I'm always into it by that point! :) )

Kali, what are you taking for your joints? My SO has that horrid cough-medicine-liquid stuff but it makes me feel like I'm going to hurl. What do you take? I read on the Ya's that Omega-3 is just as effective...

Marie

Hi Marie! I take Glucosamine Chondroitin. It's helped me with my knee and hip after I found out that nothing was wrong with them after xrays and tests.

I hurt my lower back today I think doing the blast from combo 3 in LIC where you alternate knees w/ a jump and touch the step down into a lunge? I put aspercreme on it but I don't know. Hopefully it'll be ok tomorrow for B&G's. Plus I have work from 9-3 which means 6 straight hours on my feet! :(

Have a good night ladies and great job today!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good afternoon everyone! Just finished B&G Standing Leg & Ab premix. So far I'm still on track. I sooo very much wanted to skip yesterday's workout, but I pushed through it. I've only managed to get up early and workout in the am once this week. x(

Wow...it's almost 5pm here. Off to check out what he have around here for supper.

Have a great evening, ladies.

Tana

hey ladies, I am wondering if I can join your check in

I need some encouragement to keep up my workouts and healthy eating!

Thanks, Christina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.