Dasha Libin: Kettlebell Kickboxing

I have her 1st Scorcher series and really enjoyed the workouts. I think the longest one was just over 40 minutes. They are not heavy lifting but more cardio/ endurance type workouts as she uses lighter bells with high reps for that added cardio effect, then adds some plyo type moves in between. There are various level options shown as well in the group and one person uses a dumb bell. The music isn't really noticeable but I can't remember if there's a music off option. Dasha also chats non-stop - didn't bother me but some people get really annoyed. She gives great form pointers as well and has quite the educational background in kettlebells and martial arts. Give it a try you might really like it.
Jamie

If you are looking for a great Kettlebell workout... get Xtreme Cardio Kettlebell or Paul Katami's Build and Burn.....

Cally:

Marjorie, also known as Lucyfitpt.com, has a review of this add-on DVD on her site. I don't think she would mind if I post it for you here:

http://www.lucyfitpt.com/#!Scorcher-Series-20/cj6i/i4zw6c3f20

I agree with Jamie above: Dasha's constant chat is so irritating. Paul Katami's assured cueing is miles better and his workouts build up a series of combos with the kettlebell that will challenge your heart rate and strength and flexibility. I recommend him. Dasha's workouts are, to me, all over the place. She's constantly changing the moves, everyone is ding something different all at the same time so the visual field on screen is erratic and I find that somewhat disturbing, as someone who gets migraines, can't look at it for long. Her moves are all isolated, they don't build towards anything like Paul's combos.

Clare

Hi Cally,

I am new to Dasha in the last few months and I bought two of her scorcher series workouts - the 4 set and the 2 set. I loved them so much that I bought the lean series too. I gotta say - I love Dasha. I know some don't like her chatter - I don't mind it at all. In fact, I quite like it. My eldest daughter has gotten really into Dasha so much that she bought her friend the 2 dvd scorcher series for her bday this weekend through mary.

Many of her workouts are short but man do they pack a punch. I can burn almost 400 calories in a short workout (25 minutes) of hers. It gives me time to add in another 30 minute workout if I am up for it.

I was initially reluctant to try her due to comments i've read about her chatter but in the end - I love her - loooooove her! I have a couple of Paul Katami's and they are tough but I don't like them as much so don't gravitate to them at all. Good luck.

I have the Lean series and the scorcher series.....I have muscle imbalances that cause me intense back pain....Dasha's workouts have helped with my pain and the workouts are not so intense that I can't add other workouts with them...I still can't do squats with a weight on my back....but I can do some squats now....I couldn't before.

Cally:

there you have it, the opinions are in, and it's 50:50! Some love Dasha and some love Paul. And, it's possible to love both and derive benefit from both too, as repo shows. If you go to totalfitnessdvds.com you can find all these workouts and Mary has posted extended clips from each so you can get a sense of each instructor's style and decide what to buy. Mary also has a standing 10% discount if you enter the code 10OFF, and free s/h over $19.99, so, what's not to like!??

Clare

Thank you guys for the feedback. That's why I love this forum. I can ask for advice on just about anything, and a couple of Cathletes will provide some good answers!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.