Damage Control

Oh my gosh, the painting is done and my house looks amazing! DH and DS1 are putting the master bedroom back together right now. The house needs a thorough cleaning this weekend though. I hope DH likes the house we look at tomorrow and we can get ours listed. We still have the deck and and window to do but hopefully those will be done in the next few days.

Did you get the discs I sent?

ttyl

OMG. Thank you for the discs! Such high energy! I'll have to modify, but I really like the short HiiT aspect of the workouts.

Yeah! Your house is painted and ready for staging. Congrats. It feels like you've been working on this for like a year or more. Glad to hear the girls are coming to visit soon. It's been too long. Did you like the house you looked at? There are probably a lot and with the economy in free fall you might get a really good deal! Lucky you to be moving...

We're still waiting on the landscape guy to fix the side walk and driveway. We called a floor guy to fix the kitchen floor. And of course our basement steps guy is supposed to be giving us quotes for: fixing the basement walls, closing in the back porch into a sun-room type area, and putting a handle by the front steps (my number one priority, of course since it is a safety issue). We just wait...

My dad is in crisis. I have taken over as medical power of attorney. He's had surgery on cancer cells and has to go for CT scans on Monday to see if it's migrated to the lymph nodes. One thing at a time.

Today has just been the usual weekend stuff-wash, meal prep, etc. Let me know about the house you're looking at.

Beth

How is your week? Did you like the house?

I figured out that I work out about 8 hours a week. Walking to and from work is at least 40 minutes/day x 5 days=200 minutes, 4 weight workouts at approx. 40 minutes=160 minutes, and two long walks on the weekends=120 minutes. So 480 minutes divided by 60 is 8 hours! We do take some short digestive, after dinner walks throughout the week, but they are just relaxing. Obviously, I'm justifying that this is enough right now. I'm back to upper and lower splits-1 each weekend day and 1 each during the week. Until I can't walk every day I'm doing this routine. It'll be dark and cold soon enough and I can mix it up then.

Any plans for the weekend? Have you listed your house? We have nothing planned. Soccer started again this week-no fans in the stadium. I'll probably watch Liverpool on Sunday.

Have a good one!

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA, just a lot going on. The girls arrived on Tuesday evening and we've just been really busy. We have a contract on the new house we looked at last Friday. The finishes were already selected and I cannot make any changes. It is just finishing the framing stage and drywall should begin sometime this week. We did ask for an additional data port for the front bedroom that will be used as my office. The loan application through the builder is taking forever. This mtge company only has 1 star. If we use them, we get 14K towards closing and anything over the closing fee we can apply towards the purchase price of the home or buying down any points. We have to list our house no later than July 3rd. We have a meeting with the realtor on Monday to review the listing and schedule the pictures. One of our neighbors just moved out and have their house listed at $495K. We will have a better idea of what we can list for after we meet with our realtor but are thinking around $475-$480. It's going to difficult trying to sell a house with 7 people living here. Right now, all showings will have to be scheduled so we would at least have a little warning and could prep the house.

My workouts have been hit and miss this past week. I'm trying to do the LIHI weight w/o's since they are short and to the point. On the other days I'm sticking with the circuits from the other platform. When the weather is not too hot, I like to go walking and taking the girls to the park. I've been trying to run/walk a bit too. I want my running legs back.

I think your workouts sound awesome. Fitting in activity such as walking is perfect. I'm right there with you. How is your dad doing? I wonder if american football is going to start back that way, with empty stadiums. Our cases are going down in CO. What are seeing on the east coast? I hope there is a vaccine soon.

Well, talk about exciting! You finally got to see your granddaughters and convinced DH to put an offer down! My dad is doing ok. He has to get radiation on his salivary gland-we're waiting to hear how much and how often. It's the beginning of the spiral. We had a great father's day though and he's got good quality right now which makes me happy. Soccer was ok this weekend...weird without fans in the stadium.

Beth

I did get workouts in all weekend and Monday. I also took the girls to a different park that was much further and ended up with over 15K steps. They run this grammie ragged some days. I'm not as young as I once was. Today was full of meetings and then going to the park so the girls could ride their bikes.

We met the realtor and the pictures will be taken on July 6th and the house will be listed on July 10th. That is the schedule as of right now. The realtor is going to try to get more info on the closing date from the builder on Friday. We need that flexible closing date. It's really getting stressful now.

I'm glad your dad is doing better. It's so hard when their health starts to fail them. The whole atmosphere of professional sports will be completely different without any fans in the stands.

So happy for the weekend. My June workout calendar is pretty sparse. I only got in 3 or 4 workouts each week. Hoping for a better July. With my work schedule, the girls being here, 7 people in the house...it's a real struggle. I will be packing more stuff this weekend and readying our house for pictures. We are really running out of room to store stuff.

What are you up to this weekend?

Not much going on here. I'm getting two upper and two lower body weight works in during the week, walking to work, and walking on weekends with Dan. I kind of feel like I'm just going through the motions day to day...walk, work, workout, sleep. Am I in a rut? I don't know...I have not been going anywhere except to see my family. Took my dad up a folder on what to expect with radiation yesterday. I've been sleeping/getting up the same time on weekends as during the week and feeling like I'm getting enough sleep which is nice. Our latest book club book is by Sinclair Lewis called It Can't Happen Here. It's about a fascist politician who becomes president. I've been reading some daily and it's rather disturbing how similar it all is to events in today's political realm.

I know you're busy with the house and grand kids! Excited to see you realize your goal of a new house! All that packing, moving, cleaning and entertaining takes a lot of energy. Don't worry too much about formal workouts.

Beth

I was able to workout Sat-Tuesday. Nothing today. Had another meeting with our realtor. The builder pushed our close date to 8/27 so we are waiting to list until 7/14. It should sell within a week and give us plenty of time to make any necessary repairs or concessions.

I've been keeping busy with the girls and getting out walking most days while they are riding their bikes. Other than that, just more packing and cleaning. Our cleaning lady is coming back to work and will be here on July 10th. We have missed them and could use their help with some of the deep cleaning going on.

I have last faith in the world we live in today. Some of the things going on literally make me sick. What is wrong with people. So sad.

I too feel like I'm on auto pilot. I really need some time off work but am saving it for the move and then for our week at the condo. We normally have the condo from Friday to Friday. With COVID and the extra cleaning measures, we will only have it from Friday-Wednesday.

Hope you are having a great week. TTYL

Just rolling along here. I was off Friday so besides a walk I did a live low impact kickbox, hiit, and abs workout. It was like working out with Cathe one on one! Thursday night was lower body and I did Live Legs and Glutes-killer workout. This one was also one on one and was super tough.

We met with our lawyer yesterday to redo our will and plan for our estate (not that big, but we want to be able to leave the boys as much as possible).

Today is a walk and upper body. I'm planning on the Live Toasted Trisets. I like to do longer upper and lower on the weekends and shorter workouts during the week.

Beth

I'm rolling along here too. Just super busy with work and house prepping. The pictures will be taken on 7/14 and listed that night or the morning of 7/15. We hope to have at least one offer if not multiple offers by Sunday 7/19. On the new house, the drywall is complete and the cabinets are in the garage ready to be installed. We are looking at hiring a moving company. I can pack up the house, but the move will be on a Friday and all the kids will be working. Also, DH doesn't want to pack the garage. The Moving company we are looking at are full service and will do packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking. I will have the house completely packed and ready to go.

The weather has been in the high 90's and will be hitting 100 in the next few days. I hate this heat.

This has been a good week workout wise. I've worked out everyday since Thursday. My eating however has not been that great. With 7 people living here, it's hard to keep the fresh fruits and veggies available, and then the others make not so healthy foods for lunches and dinners and I just don't have time to worry about it. I also have my yearly physical next week. I'm going to ask if anything can be done for this meno weight gain and other symptoms like not sleeping. I'm sure I just have to live with and "this too shall pass".

That is great that you have a will and estate plan. DH and I need to take of that. It was on our list to do when he was off work but we never got around to it. My dad didn't have a will and my step mom did what she wanted and not what he had said he wanted. We definitely need to make sure we take care of this.

Are you doing the live workouts online, or are you downloading them and playing them later? Do you have a subscription?

Catch up with you later.

Hello!

Hope you are going well. I am so excited for your move! It sounds like you're making the most of every minute between packing, working out, working and taking care of the family. Are you sleeping any better or are you too excited?

Not much new here. It's hot and humid and it's nice to be at work wtih air conditioning! I've been doing downloaded Live workouts. They are 9.97 each, but can get 20% off with a coupon. To me, Cathe goes slower, takes water breaks, and each one is a great workout. I like using max of 15 lb. weights these days anyway and have not been hurting in a long time doing it this way. Thursday I did do Lite PLB and today is Lite PUB. I don't know why, but pyramids are my favorites!

Not too much planned for this weekend. I've got my wash to do and always do some meal prep. Otherwise, read, workout, and just relax! But then, I'm moving to a nice new house!

Beth

I have not been feeling very good since Thursday evening. I think it is stress from all the stuff going on with getting the house ready to sell. My stomach has been in knots and I'm taking a sleep aid every night. This week is going to be a rough one for all of us. The house will be listed either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning and we will have showings available every afternoon from noon-6pm or later if necessary. We should have an offer by the weekend though. This means we will have to be out of the house every afternoon which is really difficult for DS2 and I since we both work from home. He can go into the office in the afternoons, but I don't really have anywhere to go. I'm going to check with my niece and see if I can work from her house since she is the closest relative. I could go to my sisters, but she is about 40 minutes away.

It is supposed to hit 100 today, it has just been so hot and miserable here the past few days. It's hard to even get out in the evening to do something because we are just so drained from the heat. I do need to do mow the lawn, but I'm not doing it until tonight. We are taking a few things to DS2s storage unit today and someone is coming over to pick up a couch.

Glad you are enjoying the downloads! They are more like taking a class at the gym with water breaks and breathers. I really enjoy the pyramids too. On PUB though, I usually do the abs first after the warm-up because my arms are too fried to hold me on the stability ball after all the UB work. :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

How is it going? Are you feeling any better? What a pain having to be out of the house all afternoon! It will be worth it though-focus on that!

I am convinced my weight gain is tied to my hormones. I was taking a 10 mcg pill of estrogen for two weeks and then two or three times a week for a few months. My weight was back down to my goal. Then I asked for a refill and my doctor said (even though I told her I was upping to 3x a week) that it wasn't good to stay on long term or even to do 3x a week for maintenance, that 2x a week was better) she wasn't going to fill it for 3x/week. She suggested vitamin e internal suppositories for my issue (dryness and unable to even get a good sample for a pap). Anyway, now I'm back on 2x/week and 1x a week of vitamin e and my weight is back up to my new normal of the extra two pounds. My clothes don't fit, and all I want to wear are sweats and scrubs. So, I don't think it's in the cards to lose the weight and fit in my clothes.

I need to go shopping and start getting rid of stuff that I can't wear anymore...

Today was Toasted Triset live for upper body and core-heavy weights, 8 reps of 3 exercises per body part. Feeling good!

Hope you get an offer tomorrow so you don't have to leave the house everyday!

Beth

I am feeling better, but now I'm super stressed. I'm second guessing everything. The house a listed late last night and we had 8 showings today and 2 scheduled for tomorrow as of now. Our realtor told us he heard back from 2 of the folks that they would be writing offers. We received the first one tonight and the other one is supposed to come on Saturday. We are accepting offers through Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

I lucked out and am able to work from my sister in laws house and she only lives about 15 minutes away. They actually left to go camping today so I'm also house sitting. It is working out great.

I'm have my annual physical tomorrow morning. My weight is up 12lbs and I just can't seem to get it off. At least it seems to be holding steady and not going up even more. It's so frustrating. I use an estrogen patch that is supposed to be safer than the pills, but I'm not a dr. I'm on a low dose and it does help with hot flashes and some moodiness. I have different sleep aid and I do like it, but it is also supposed to help with weight loss. It's been about 3 weeks that I've been taken them and I haven't lost any weight, but I do sleep good. I have a 3 month supply, so I'll re-assess when they are almost gone. I've been in shorts for so many months now, I don't even know if any of my jeans will fit. I am of the belief that when you go into your closet, you should be able to pick out anything and have it fit you. Many years ago, I got rid of anything too big or too small and it was wonderful. I may have kept a couple of favorite items that didn't quite fit, but did a thorough purging. You should feel good and comfortable in your clothes, regardless of the number on the tag.

No workouts for me since last Thursday. I think after this weekend and the showings are over, I can get back to my normal routine.

Nice job on your workouts!!

ttyl

I am exhausted. I couldn't sleep night before last and was up at 5am yesterday. I had to work last night from 9pm and didn't get finished until 7am this morning. I could barely stay awake. I slept for 6 hours and will probably be going to bed early tonight.

My last workout was on July 8th. I've gone to the park and walked a bit while the girls rode their bikes. Tomorrow I plan on starting back with my normal exercise routine.

We had a full price offer on the first day of listing, but wanted to wait to accept to see what other offers we might get. We ended up with several full price offers, but the one we accepted is for 10K over asking. They really want the house and wrote a nice letter and their realtor wrote us a nice letter too. We have their loan approval and they can work with our tight timeline. I'm a little sad to leave the house we raised our kids in, but am looking forward to the next chapter. Oh, we were able to get 2.75% interest rate on the new house loan. We have it worked out where we can pay off the house before I retire if all works out as planned. It looks good on paper anyway.

The rest of the day will be laundry and bringing back in all the stuff from the garage that we had removed for pictures and showings. We can get back to living normally again.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Last edited:
Wow! What great news on the home front! It will be nice to live normally again and work in your usual space. How soon until you move?

I went to an outdoor concert on Friday night after dinner. It was down by our town green and was a local folksy group. All their original songs sounded the same to me. They played a little Tom Petty, though, which I enjoyed. Yesterday was my mom's 75th birthday. We went out to dinner for the first time since March 1st. I was not impressed with the restaurant's covid policies. For one thing every seat was full. It was ridiculous. DH was furious. He is technically in the most at risk group due to his age. Dinner was good, though!

Walked yesterday morning bright and early and then did Live Pumped Upper Body. I also finished my book club book for July and got my wash done. Today I slept in and it's getting super hot already so I don't know if I'll get a walk in. I might just do some indoor cardio-kickbox probably, and then a lower body leg workout. I didn't do anything on Friday-even drove to work!

Did I tell you the landscaper was here? He and his crew showed up on Thursday and finished the sidewalk repair and driveway spruce up yesterday. I'll take some pics and send them through the phone! I'm happy with it and now that the sidewalk is level will feel better about bad weather days and ice. It was a much more professional job than we had done 20 years ago. Everything will drain a lot better and there won't be as many weeds in the driveway because of the technique used (we'll see!).

Off to watch some soccer!

Beth

No workouts to report for this week. Crazy busy at work and 2 Dr. appts. this week too. I may take Friday off just get back to some normalcy. It has been over the top stressful. We close on our current house on August 26th and on our new house on Aug 27th. The movers will be here on Aug. 28th and they say they can have us all moved within 8 hours or less. The home inspection was yesterday and we got to meet the buyers. It's a small world. Their realtors daughter works with my son. The Buyer works at the some company as DH. His wife went to the same high school as DH and a few other similar things.

I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy a local concert. Things are still pretty locked down around here so there isn't much going on. We do have some restaurants open-mostly those with outdoor seating, but can only seat a limited number inside following the guidelines.

How nice to get your sidewalk and driveway leveled out! It's been a long time coming for you. So happy for you.

Well we got through the inspection. They did ask for a few things to be repaired. We are getting estimates and will offer half of what the estimate is. Since we aren't receiving the benefit of the repair, DH says offering half is good and our real estate agent agrees. They asked us to replace the water heater. I guess it is old, but it works fine. We may just say no to that. I can't wait to get this behind me. I've been so stressed. I may need to take a few unplanned days off just to get some things done and de-stress.

I did a Cathe Live w/o today. My granddaughter picked 301 which was kickboxing and abs. It was nice to finally get a workout in. I should be able to get back to my normal workout routine now. It's hard getting back in the groove after having so many days off.

How are you doing and what have you been up to.

Things are moving so fast for you guys with the move! I actually thought you were moving this weekend-the 26th...now I look back and see it's in August. At least you will have some time to adjust and say good bye to your current home.

I've been doing nothing different. So boring is my life. Walk, work, weights, wash, etc. I really enjoy the live workouts. Yesterday was the upper body 2018 live and it was so enjoyable! I think I have 301. Is it just Cathe doing it? My dad has surgery 8/7. I'm not allowed to even visit due to my profession. He'll be about 2 hours away and will stay in 3-4 days depending on the drain. He is having lymph nodes and glands removed...on the right side of his neck. We played cards with them last night for a couple of hours.

Enjoy Sunday!
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.