Damage Control

I was able to get in a w/o yesterday and a 30 minute one earlier today and an hour walk this evening. I have to work tonight. I don't mind working in the evenings with advanced notice. I just found out about this today. I haven't slept very well the last few nights and I look so old with these dark circles under my eyes. I hate getting old. I'm 20lbs over my goal weight, gained 10 in the last 2 years. It's just so frustrating. I'm hopeful it will start coming over when this meno issue is over, how ever long that takes.

The house is coming along good. The new front porch is being poured tomorrow. Still waiting on the interior paint estimate but hope to have that started in 2 weeks. The guy said it would take a week. That will just leave the deck. Slowly but surely we are getting these things done!

My fitbit versa has been acting up the last month or so. I just broke down and ordered a new one that should be delivered tomorrow. I got the Versa 2.

Do you mind sharing which scanner you are getting? I've been looking at them too but haven't selected one. You are doing awesome with your workouts and your nutrition!!! I need to get better with my nutrition. There is just food in the house that I don't normally eat with DH being home. Not sure I mentioned, DH is only working 2 days in the office and the other 3 at home. I think his normal schedule is set to resume next week or the following week. Oh, are you interested in Turbo Fire? I'm happy to mail it to you. I've only used one disc, the rest haven't even been used.

ttyl

Hi,

The scanner I've ordered is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SSXQ7Q2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It's an Epson one and works with my computer and operating system. We got through one hat box of pictures yesterday-only the first comb through and have decided to save some of DH's family to give to our niece in RI. So right now we have 4 piles plus a discard pile-which we'll go through again to make sure we want to discard them. It's much easier for me to do it with DH because I tend to get very emotional looking at pictures and thinking about past.:(

Yesterday was walk and PLB (original). Today will be walk and PUB. We got some bird feeders and seed at our local farm type store and put them up for the cat TV. Yesterday I was up two pounds again...I was craving chocolate and indulged and now have to lose again. So frustrating!

I would love to try Turbo Fire! Are you sure? Apparently there is a low impact modifier in each dvd so that would be great. But only if you're sure you don't want them anymore! I'll send you my address over the cell phone.

How do you like your new Versa? My old Alta is still doing good-I hope it dies soon so I can upgrade! I've stopped wearing it to bed-too annoying to know how little sleep I get. I have been having awful dreams lately-stuff about work, dying, etc. I can barely watch the news anymore.

Off to take down my wash. Have a great day.

Beth

Hey-don't look at that scanner. I got an email from amazon that the person I got it from cancelled the order. Back to research...

DS1 turned 27 yesterday and DH is 67 today! I made DS1 his favorite cake and am making DH pizza at his request. We will definitely need two long walks today!

Not much new going on. We haven't done any more photo work since the first box. We both went to the grocery store and I did the non-perishable items, freezer and dairy sections while DH did the produce. It worked out well. We were in and out in under 30 minutes-and that is with going only once a week!

I did Rock Em Sock Em yesterday. Today is PLB legs from Lite. I actually used my 20's for chest press and flies during PUB on Wed. I might be getting a little stronger!

Beth

I've been keeping up with my workouts, but the scale is not moving in the right direction. I'm hoping the wellness remodel will help. I still need to print it out and read through it, but it looks pretty similar to the Fresh Start program I do a few times per year. I usually do it in Feb and Aug, and then throw in another month for good measure. I think I've just lost my mojo. Not getting any results on the scale is very frustrating. When the scale isn't moving it's harder to be good and track etc when there doesn't seem to be any benefit.

I'm supposed to have my physical this month and it's been pushed back to mid July. I have a mole that needs removed and I can't get in to the dermatologist for weeks. This pandemic has really changed the world we live in and I think it will be this way for months to come. Our state has moved to Safer at Home, and retail businesses can open for curbside pick up only. My city and county though has extended the Stay at Home order until May 8th. We wear masks when going to the store, but I do not wear one when I go walking. If there are others on the path, we separate 6ft. I need the fresh air.

I twisted my ankle a tad during yesterdays workout. It's not too bad, I can walk on it without much discomfort. I'm thinking today will be a weight day. I've been trying to do my workout in the morning and then walk in the evenings. It's much easier with the nicer weather.

The kids are all still working, although my youngest has had his hours cut. He works at a tire repair store and they are considered essential. DH has changed from working at home 4 days to working at home 2 days and going in the other 3 days. Fortunately, this hasn't impacted my work schedule.

Happy Birthday to your DH and DS! Have you gone back to work yet or do you know when you will? I know my DH has enjoyed his time at home. I notice that I sleep so much better when he is here. Let me know what you think of the wellness remodel. Cara Clark promotes eating 5 colors each day. You probably already get that with your fruit/veggie intake.

ttyl

I did get in a workout this morning. Yesterday was an unplanned rest day, just not enough time to get out, and my basement was occupied with getting the drywall repaired. At least that is done now. The other day I did a walk with a little jogging interspersed to see how my knee held up. So far I have not had any pain from it.

Tonight I went grocery shopping and got everything for week 1 of the challenge. I went after work and it wasn't busy. They did not have toilet paper so I may have to run to the store again in the morning. I'm going to wash, slice, dice prep as much as I can this weekend for the week. Since DH is working this weekend my nights are free to get this done and not be in his way.

Are you glad to be back at work? Is your office busy? Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Hi. I got called back because four people had to get tested after positive exposure. It's unnerving. It took a bit to get back in the swing of things-new policies and procedures, working with a multitude of providers, and trying to remember everything! The office is pretty busy in different ways-more cleaning between patients, more computer work.

Now I need to figure out a new workout schedule. I haven't done any formal exercise since Wed when I did the legs and abs from 4DS. It was nice enough to walk to and from work Friday, so that was nice. I'm probably just going to go back to doing what I feel like for stress relief.

Glad your knee and ankle held up to the walk/jog. Have a good weekend!

Off to wash my uniforms...

Beth

This week seems to be going so slow. We an outage yesterday and one today. It just makes for such long days. No workout yesterday, I was able to get into the dermatologist. Today I did legs and went for a walk this evening. I started the cleanse yesterday and everything is so good.

How is your week going?

Work is a challenge. Today was probably the best day there since I went back though. I'll get through it, but I really want to retire!

Monday I did Lite Stacked Upper and Tonight was Lite Stacked Lower with abs. I can't get away from upper/lower split. I love it! Tomorrow I plan on a cardio-probably the x10 double low impact. It's supposed to snow here tonight-yuck!

Glad the cleanse is good. The format looks doable and not too many odd ingredients. Why are you having outages?

Off to read. Stay sane.

Beth

This morning was a circuit of kettlebell swings, weights or body weight exercises. It was good. It's pretty windy out but the temp is nice so I will probably head out to walk and finish up my 10K steps. I've fallen off the LIHI weight work I was doing and do need to get back to more of a structured lifting program. The circuits are great, all muscles get worked-a little. I need cardio for my sanity which is why I love the circuits so much. The cleanse is going really well, the recipes are all yummy. DS2 is moving back and it's really stressing me out. We received a 2nd paint estimate and it was higher than the first. We have 2 more paint estimates coming, one tomorrow and one this weekend. We'll just have to pick one. We are meeting with our real estate agent tomorrow to get an update on the housing market and see where we are at with getting the house ready to sell. It's all coming together pretty quickly.

Nice job keeping up with your workouts. I also like the UB/LB split routines. We just have a lot of system issues that we can't seem to get ahead of that are causing all these issues.

ttyl

Circuits and walking are great workouts. Glad the cleanse is going well. For what it's worth, I am not eating any junk food or eating between meals right now. It helps DH is on a "diet" and doesn't buy any junk! I'm basically just maintaining though-while he keeps losing.

This past week I walked to or from work (or both if the weather was nice) and did 4 weight workouts-2 upper and 2 lower. I was really tired all week. At work is really stressful. Yesterday I took someone's temp who showed up and it was 101.7. I then had to go full covid and it's quite a process! After I did legs last night I finally felt good. Slept in this morning and am getting wash and catching up on some paperwork. I got my ballot in the mail for the primary today!

It snowed a bit here yesterday. I'm going to try to take a good walk today and maybe do a shorter low impact HiiT from my live ones. We're going through pictures still and are planning to have a fire today to burn some more old paperwork.

I need to make waffles, chili, a chicken dish, and maybe some oat bran muffins this weekend.

I hope you get a good painting estimate!

Happy Mother's Day!

Beth

I still have quite a bit a food left over from last week that I'm repeating some of the week 1 meals this week. It's hard when I'm the only one who eats fruits and vegetables. The recipes have all been good though. This morning I did PUB, but skipped shoulders and abs. I didn't have time to do the whole thing. My other workouts hit a lot of shoulders. I was okay skipping those. We finally got a paint estimate that was in our budget. It is scheduled for May 25th-June 6th. I'm so looking forward to having that done. The deck guy is coming next weekend. Things are finally coming together.

We met with our Realtor on Friday and he said things are finally starting to open. The projections are more homes will be available in late June through August. We hope to be ready to start looking in Mid to late June. Of course he found a listing for us that looked too good to be true. I wish we were ready to move because we would've jumped on it. https://www.zillow.com/homes/186-chapel-hill_rb/2087004960_zpid/?mmlb=g,0
It is so beautiful. Since we aren't quite ready, it just means it wasn't meant to be.

DS2 is moving back in and it's really stressing me out. He brought some stuff over on Sunday. After working so hard to get the basement emptied out, he's taking stuff down there. I almost had a major meltdown over it. He's planning on getting a storage unit for his furniture and I told him he would need to take the rest of his stuff there too. He can only have what he absolutely needs and that is it. Oh, not sure if you recall that he got a DUI on NYE. He has officially lost his license yesterday, for 30 days. Thankfully he is working from home through the end of May and will only need a ride to work for the first 2 weeks in June.

Yes, why is it that men can lose weight so easily? That is very frustrating. I haven't lost any weight on the cleanse, but am definitely eating better. So is it just presumed they have COVID if they have a fever? Hope you are having a great week.

ttyl

Wow that house looks so nice! DH was impressed, too. I can't wait to see what you end up getting. I have been extremely fatigued this week-going to bed early. I did walk to work or back 8/10 times this week and after tomorrow will have done 2 lower and 2 upper workouts. So I'm good! Just maintaining of course while DH is losing...

Hold your ground with DS2! You have been working so hard to get the house ready. I'm sure he'll understand. I worry about my DS2 having to move home with the dog. It would be a disaster. DS1'r room is his and I don't even go in there much. I wish he would get organized.

Glad the cleanse has more than enough food! I don't blame you for skipping shoulders either. Some days I go hard on Chest and Back and just do a few sets for shoulders and arms. They are such small muscles on me anyway. At this point I don't foresee a lot of muscle growth.

What's on your agenda this weekend? We're going to walk, go through pictures, and relax. DH wants me to make pizza again so I'll do some cooking. When I'm not at work I really just like being home.

Beth

Well it was a busy weekend as DS2 moved back home. I thought he was moving back this next weekend so I wasn't mentally prepared. I'm trying to go with the flow but it is stressful. He is getting a storage unit this weekend and will move most of his stuff out. Only keeping what he needs. Workout wise I've been doing a lot. I did STS D3-legs, then an Upper Body workout yesterday along with a walk/jog in the evening. This morning was legs again, they need a lot of work. My knee is finally feeling pretty good so I want to get in some extra legs each week using a variety of straight weights and circuits. I was pretty sore this morning from jogging yesterday.

The house is to be painted starting on May 25th. I think they will be the push we need to get all the extra stuff out of the house. DH is going back to work full time starting in June so I can go back to packing when he is at work. It's just easier to do when he isn't here. I'm trying to find places for all the stuff on the kitchen counters that we will need to have completely cleaned off for the professional pictures and ideally for any showings. I hope we can find something as nice as the house I showed you.

Oh, this is my off Friday and we have Monday off too. So excited for a long weekend. Normally I would want to travel to visit my girls, but this pandemic has put a damper on everything.

How is your week going?

Hope you're having a nice long weekend! I'm feeling pretty good. Walked to and from work all but Friday because it was raining after work. Also did 5 weight workout from Sunday to Saturday-3 lower body and 2 upper body. Next week is 3 upper and 2 lower. I purchased some more lives and love them. Cathe is so much fun to workout with live. She has a good pace, takes water breaks, and I can keep up. I'm still not doing the poundage she does for bi's and tri's. But I do what I can!

Staying in this weekend-besides walking. Just about every day at work someone I'm around has to get covid testing so I don't want to spread anything. Reading my book club book, working out, wash, etc. Just my usual!

Are you zooming or skyping with the girls? I hope you get to "see" them. We're waiting on getting our front walk and driveway redone this summer. We're still looking for an outside painter, too. It's endless.

Have a great long weekend!

Beth

How is the painting going? I'm just rolling through the week walking to work and trying to sleep! It's been warm and humid. Finally have a hair appointment scheduled for 6/11. Tonight is an upper body workout after work.

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA. It's just been so hectic here with all the kids living here. DS2 did get a storage unit last weekend and moved most of his stuff out. The painter finished the basement today and it looks beautiful. He just started on the family room this afternoon. Tonight I'm going to try to get my workout equipment moved back into place so I can workout tomorrow. We'll have to move the kitchen and front living room furniture to the garage or I guess we can put it in the family room when he is finished there. It's gonna be real hectic when we have to move my office/girls room stuff out as well as the master bedroom. That will be sometime next week. I really like our painter and he also does other work as well. We are having him replace a couple lights in the kitchen with recessed lighting.

I'll be packing a few more things this weekend to give the painter more room. I also have at least one of load of stuff to drop off at the salvation army.

How has your week gone? Any fun plans for the weekend?

Nice to hear your house is really coming together! We're still waiting for stuff to get done-namely the sidewalk and driveway.

This weekend is my last of the upper/lower split. I decided for June to go to one body part per day and walk to work for the month. We'll see how it goes. I've got Cross Train Express, Timesaver from Body Blast, and the LITE weight work ready to go. I might pull 4 day split and fit split in too. My schedule is: Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms, Legs each week with one day off.

Not much planned this weekend. Just nice to be home!

Beth

Our house is coming along, but my workouts are not. It's hard to get to basement with painting going on. Yesterday I was able to get out for a walk/run in the morning. I did about 50/50 walk run. It was such a good feeling to run a bit. I don't have any running endurance, but it still felt good. I'm hoping our gyms will open soon. We will be moving my office to the basement in a couple days so it can be painted. I'm also going to see if we can get the girls out here. That means I will be working in the basement for a couple months. Not ideal, but I will manage.

How is your week going?

One body part a day is...meh. I did Chest Monday, Back Tuesday, just walked Wednesday, ended up doing one of the leg workouts from Lite (not the mat one) and just walked today-Friday. I'm probably going to do an upper body tomorrow, lower body Sunday and then start over with Chest. I enjoyed the ones I did, but get more tired as the week goes on. Naturally, work is trying to do more with less staff since business was down for so long.

Thanks for the Turbo dvd's! It will be fun to try something different.

Otherwise, my week is pretty boring-work, try to sleep, etc.

We have no plans for the weekend. Do you?

Beth

Our weekend was full of errands and moving furniture around for the painter. He is working in the master bedroom today and has a bit of trim work to complete in in the hall. No workout Sat. or today. Did get w/o's in S/M/T. DS1 is going to set up the girls bed tonight. I vacuumed and dusted the furniture in there and bought new curtains. The girls will be here next week. :)

We are going to look at a house on Friday with our realtor. It is a new build that will be done in July/August. It's still in framing, but DH can see the floor plan and the the location and see if likes it. They sent us the build sheet with how it is being finished out-we can't really make any changes to what the previous buyers selected without paying a fee, it's considered a change order and all the materials have already been ordered. It's a smaller home than my first choice, but it does have 5 bedrooms and the 3 car garage. The main floor secondary bedrooms are pretty small, but 1 would be my office and the other the girls room. Also, there is no bathtub in any of the 3 bathrooms.

I've been asked to patch the big farm on Friday and have been told it usually takes 6 hours. Normally I do one of the smaller farms and it only takes 2-3 hours and I can start at 7pm. This farm can't be started until 9pm my time. Thankfully I will have someone working with me the whole time. I had a bit of a panic attack when I was first asked.

How is your week going?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.