DAMAGE CONTROL....WEEK OF MAY 22

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I decided that we should go out last night for icecream b/c I had this craving for it that wouldn't quit. Well 13 WW points later and I was regretting it!:eek::eek:

So this morning I was bound and determined to make up for that rather large indiscretion by doing a long cardio. I ended up doubting I would get it all in because the first part ended up not going too well but I ended up making it work! :)

part 1-Step Moves combos only (30 mins)...started feeling very weak and shakey about 20 mins in so I grabbed an apple (ate a banana prior to starting mind you!) and nibbled on it thru the rest of the work out. Finished the apple and actually had to sit down on the floor for a few minutes afterwards. :confused: Decided I needed to stop there. I felt pretty nasty. So I rinsed off in the shower and went and got a waffle with yogurt for breakfast and about 30 minutes later I was ready to try again so I continued on with.....

part 2-Circuit Blast- Cardio only premix(23 mins)
part 3-MMA Boxing- u/b blitzes + combos 1+2(15 mins)
part 4-Travel Fit-abs and stretch(10-15 mins)

It's pretty safe to say that I knocked that sundae out of the park this morning! ;):D:p

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

DH needs me to Work From Home on Monday. His truck is in the shop and he has a sprinkler guy scheduled to fix our sprinkler system. I've been busy rescheduling meetings this morning.

Today will be Biceps and Triceps that I missed yesterday, and a long cardio...thinking Cardio Fusion mix & max...80 min cardio. I'm looking forward to it actually.

After my w/o I need to see if we can get the lawn mower going and take care of that before the afternoon rain. I can see some dandelions in my backyard:mad:, time for some weed-n-feed.

Wendy-those points can creep up on ya pretty quickly. That's what the weekly point are for though. You did a nice mish mosh today to counteract the ice cream!:p I'll have to check FB to see your chicken rollatini recipe. I love chicken but the rest of my family isn't too fond of it. We have it at least once a week though. Glad your hair turned out great.

What's everyone else up to today?

Diana:: I have WW set up to use my activity points first should I go over my DP's. I only dip into weekly points once my activity points are gone. Even with it set up that way last night's icecream had me into the WP's a bit so I wasn't happy. I try to not even dip into AP's unless I have to because of a dinner out or some such thing. This was my first weekend all month of possibly not having to use extra points and I blew it. :rolleyes: Oh well. I am good all week and it's obviously working so that's fine. After my w/o this morning I have earned back the WP's I used last night and am back at +3 for AP's so I'm good to go now! ;) The chicken was good. I want to find a lighter eggplant rollatini recipe now. I LOVE eggplant! :9
Enjoy your work out! I thought of you as I was mulling over what w/o's to do this morning. One of my thoughts was the cardio from Body Max 2 which I know you adore! :) I hear ya on the rain. It was gorgeous most of the day y'day but started to rain shortly before we headed out for icecream. Today it's not raining as far as I know but it's cloudy and cold. Yuck. :mad:

So I went bathing suit shopping at Target this moring and was actually shocked (in a GOOD way) when I took off my clothes in front of all of those mirrors!!!!! *happy dance* :D

Just had to post that cause it's clearly a very momentous occassion!;)

Hi Ladies:

How are you all? Just did my first Cathe workout in 5 months (Intensity). ;) Glad to see you are all still busy and active (what else would you be?)

Love, Jen Panicacci
:)

Hi Ladies,

I ended up doing a mish mosh this morning. GS Biceps, GS Triceps, Jillian's BFBM, abs from leaner legs and power hour. I'm not much of a Jillian fan but am trying to use more of my less used w/o'sl to see if I can break this plateau. This workout didn't have the plastic on it, but I don't recall ever doing it.

Wendy-the mirrors in a dressing room were kind to you....that rocks. That reflection is all your hard work staring back at you!!!!:D Hope you had a successful bathing suit buying trip. I started out using AP's first, but switched to WP's first. I felt the AP's were too subjective and it was more accurate to use the WP's.

Jen-how are you and your family doing? How did you like Intensity? I think it's my new favorited workout. I'm glad you worked out and posted it here.;) You just need to do it 5 times per week to get those feel good endorphins goin! Is school almost out for the summer? The last day for us is May 26th.

Diana:: Too funny cause I pulled BFBM out as well thinking I wanted to do it after SM but ended up putting it back in favor of more Cathes! Good idea to mix up the work outs. I know it can be hard when you have definite faves but it could be the jolt your system needs to kick it into gear! :) Yup, I picked up a bikini at Target that has the stripes of the American Flag on the bottoms and the top is reversible so you can wear stripes or stars on your boobs. It's up to you! :D:p I actually wanted a different one but ofcourse they didn't have the top for that one in my size. :rolleyes: I really like what I bought but like this other one just a little bit better. Oh well. No big deal really. I'm happy. :)

Good Morning:)

Im up pretty early. Couldn't really sleep. I fell asleep just fine but woke up about 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. And now its almost 6 and I am ready to start my day. Its a holiday here today so I shouldn't have a manager under my feet:D Hopefully I will get some reading done at work.

We had a good weekend. We weren't up as late as I thought on Sat night b/c this crowd is a bunch of night owls. Yesterday we drove back, picked DS up and went back to the cabin again and didn't get home until 10 last night. Of course when we came back midafternoon to pick DS up, I did 50 mins of cardio.

Alright.....so here it is......I don't know how else to say this then to spit it out....I'm expecting again. I was gonna put a face next to that but I don't know which one to use to be honest. As if thinking it last month wasn't bad enough...you would think I would have taken some precautions this month. I took a test yesterday afternoon, just b/c I had it here. One line was faint and the other bright but they were both there. We picked up another one so I could take it today. I woke up at 3:30 b/c I needed to pee and thought WTH...just as well. Sure enough. I have mixed emotions about it but DH is beaming from ear to ear. I just think about trying to manage 3 kids. Trying to manage a baby, while trying to help DS catch up as much as we can. We were almost free from child care, now I'm back there again. I only work PT, what kind of unemployment will I get while I'm off of work. I def have to finish my course. Now we don't have a spare bedroom in our house. Should I even buy a car now or a van? Will I hate the smell of coffee this time and the look of salads? When should we tell people? Should I still do the HM? There goes shopping! Oh...and then there is the sick,tired and fat part. The three things I hate the least. Anything you could possibly think of is going through my brain. A BABY??? AGAIN??:confused: There...there is the face! All in all, I am sure I will be happy in a few days. I am just not thrilled right now b/c I know how gross I'm going to feel in just a couple of weeks. I love being able to go,go,go....now I'm gonna want to nap, nap,nap!

Anyway....this time it will be different. I am going to stay active instead of sitting on my behind and gaining 50 lbs. And I am still considering doing the half but just doing it comfortably. My period would have only been a week late when it was time for the HM anyway.....some people probably are and don't even know it! LOL And I wanted to spend some money at lulu sooooo bad!:(

So, today's workout is a run outside I think. I was going to get on the TM but its a beautiful day. I have a feeling its cold though b/c there is frost on the ground. Hopefully I will get time for some weight before or after the run.

O.k.....I will bbl for personals.

Lori:)

WHOA Lori! That's SOME news girl! Well congrats!!!! :) You will end up being happy about it despite the sick, tired and fat part! LOL I'm just certain of it! :D;)...not that you were EVER FAT!:rolleyes: (((HUGS)))

Morning.

I didn't fall asleep until after midnight last night and was up at 4:45 so you can imagine how I'm feeling right now. :(

This morning was supposed to be D22 (C/S/T) but I was starting my work out late as it was and knew having to set up the tower would only make me later so I did just shoulders and tri's and ending having just enough time afterwards for KCM's TLC Cardio Express (15 mins). :)

Guess that's about all for now. I am going to lapse into a coma at my desk now but I'll be back later!:p

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm up for some Cathe cardio this morning! I'm doing BM2 cardio...and am looking forward to it. Although I'm not a Jillian fan, I was a sweaty mess after BFBM yesterday!

Lori-Congrats!! Sorry you are having mixed emotions, you'll feel better about it in a few days. Things have a way of working themselves out. I wouldn't stress about it. As far as when to tell people, that's up to you and DH.

Wendy-what w/o did you do this morning?

bbl

Diana:: We were posting at the same time. My post hit right before yours so you didn't see it. Here's what I did:

This morning was supposed to be D22 (C/S/T) but I was starting my work out late as it was and knew having to set up the tower would only make me later so I did just shoulders and tri's and ending having just enough time afterwards for KCM's TLC Cardio Express (15 mins). :)

Yup, Jillian will make you sweat alright! LOL-I knew you couldn't stay away from BM2 for long! Have fun! ;)

Hey Girls

Been at work for a while but had to make a couple of phone calls, ya know? My mom guessed b/c she is a freak like that but she didn't believe me after I told her it was true. Now I need to call my running partner and see what her thoughts are on the HM. My sister thinks I shouldn't do it. And there is no point in going if I can't run. Its the only time I haven't bought insurance for canceling a flight....go figure!:mad:

My workout was 10k outside and 4DS S,B,T. I also did abs before I went for my run. Hoping to be able to keep this up to a certain level. And I hope the stupid summer heat don't kill me:( Ok...seriously! I need a f'ing CRYING face! Why is there no CRYING FAAAACE!

Wendy** Nice workout today and congrats on the swim suit shopping. Its always nice to feel good in a swim suit. A suit certainly doesn't hide anything. I think 178 lbs is fat...LOL. I was rather large. With DD I was only 148 though. I wonder if I could do that again! :p

Diana** I know everything will fall into place. As soon as I wrap my head around it, I will be sick. I wouldn't care so much if I could just feel energtic the whole time. I know I am whining...get use to it:p

I know the last time I was pregnant I stopped checking in. I am hoping to keep this up this time.

Monday

Hey Ladies .. I had a WONDERFUL weekend - :cool: :D - full of JUST what I wanted to do - I got to exercise - clean house - play w/my fur babies - play w/my DN - lounge poolside w/family and soak up some rays :cool: - enjoyed several "date nights" w/DH ;) FUN FUN FUN!!!! I did gameday ystdy - it wasnt pretty - but it was done!!! :p adn was SOOOO SORE from STS tris and back .. YOWZA .. tris were a hurtin!!!

LORI!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW girlie!!!! SURPRISE surprise!!!! sorry had to laugh at your post ystdy!!! poor thing!!! I know you will be UBER happy tho!!! ;) no advice on the marathon tho??? :confused:ummmmm as much as you exercise I would think you would be fine .. but then again .. that is something you really dont want to take a chance on ......you wont gain real bad as active as you are .. and WILL be I am sure!!! Congrats - can I call you "little mama" now???? LOL

Di - I find Jillian' workouts to have a DREAD factor to them - not the content .. but her VOICE grates on my LAST nerve!!! ugh ..

Wendy - way to rock the BS!!!!! woot woot!!! I have a TON of them .. but would like to find a new one or two to wear on my anniversary trip .. ~~ ONE MONTH to go .. wow time is passing so quickly!!!!

OK .. so I am up front today .. shorthanded .. UGH .. it is busy .. of course ... tonight I am planning on circuit class .. think I am gonna do another mish mosh circuit w/cardio blast and TRIPLE sets on LB and UB :eek: .. better jet .. have a great one!!

Laura:: Glad you had fun this past w/e with DH. I have my sights set on this coming w/e for FUN! This past one was relatively laid back. Thank goodness. Only break I'm getting all month! I am jealous-I don't get to go on vacation until the end of August! I might die by then! :eek::p Thanks re the bathing suit. I'm very excited about it!:D

Hi ladies,

I did a fav this morning, BM2 cardio blast. I'm thinking about running tomorrow morning, 3-5 miles seems doable. No laughing at this short distance Ms. Lori. I'm sure this is just warming up for you.

My hamstrings and glutes are still sore from Amy Bento. I've been working the glutes a couple times per week for the past 4-6 weeks and I'm finally noticing some changes. I'm a pear shaped gal and have a lot to lift back there IYKWIM!;)

I got an email regarding bootcamp, class starts June 5th I think. Time to get signed up for that. I'm telling my coworker I need my Insanity Discs back at the end of this week. I don't think she will mind though.

Well the sprinkler system is fixed...yah...but DH's truck is still in the shop. DS2 will be giving me a ride to work and DH will have to pick me up.

Wendy-I'm trying to use more of my least used DVD's, some I haven't tried at all. If I get my Insanity discs back, then I'm starting an STS/Insanity rotation next week! I will follow both rotations, but alternate cardio and weight days. Not sure if I will start with Meso 1 or Meso 2....decisions...decisions.

Lori-You hang in there girl, you'll feel better in a few days {{Hugs}}. So this is what happens when you go on vacation sans kids!:p I ran during my pregnancies, but wonder if that was the cause of my incontinence problem. Lets just say that jumping rope isn't for me!:( You have to do what you are comfortable with doing, we can't make that decision for you. I'm sure your DH is super happy and excited! I'm hoping for another girl for you.

Laura-I do not find Jillian motivating at all. In trying to mix things up I'm using some of my least used DVD's. I don't remember ever doing that w/o before, but I must have since the plastic was removed. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. I'm so looking forward to our 3 day weekend. I need to get the girls' room ready for them.

I have a busy day tomorrow so will probably not check in until the afternoon or evening. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Good Morning,

Either this baby is turning me into a *itch or I have every right to be! I ended up getting a flight last night at 11....didn't get home until 1:40, I had to pick up 2 more pilots at 6 (which means I got 4 hours of sleep) I just pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweater b/c it was no big deal and now my coworker tells me that I have another flight at 8 (that I didn't know about) and another at 10. Im like...are you KIDDING ME? This never happens...and NOW its happening? Its a good thing the pregnancy symptoms haven't kicked in yet.

Oh and Im bloated already...waistline is gone just as quick as that. My eating that last 2 days have been good and when I looked in the mirror today, nothing. I just went straight down.

Wendy** The last time I was weighed at the Dr's office I was 178 lbs. I could have gained or lost in the couple of days before delivery but my thoughts are I probably gained...LOL. I never lost one time during my Dr's visits. This time I am going to try and control myself though. I have to. I lost it all in 4 months but I still should never have gained all that weight.

Laura** Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Mind was ok;) Everyone keeps teasing me and saying that lulu must make maternity clothes. I wish! I would still like to buy some pants but I don't want to stretch them out of shape either. I have a feeling that tight fitting pants aren't gonna look to good on this back side in just a few months. Oh to think about the changes that are coming my way. I totally see where my friend was coming from now.

Diana** Ha....Im thinking 3-5 miles is gonna be the norm for me:p So your doing great! LOL

So I am still having mixed emotions. One minute I am happy, the next torn. Last night I was ready to snap b/c DD was being a real pain. Want,want,want. She either kept asking me to get things for her or make things for her. Shes 15...she can make her own food. She was 10 x's the work that she normally is. She asked for mcds, a smoothie, fruit cups, popsicles, chicken, hair color, a lunch, to watch a movie........ETC! She whined cause she was sick and no one cared (we think she was hungover so she was right...no one cared!)Then when I did get her something she left the plates and stuff in my room and I had to make her clean it up. DS was late going to bed and he tossed and turned, then I got a call from work saying I had a flight. Then when I look there is a text from DD who is downstairs, saying that she needs a lunch made for school. Ok..so she can make b-day cakes for her friends but she can't make a sandwich? Add that in with everything that was going on in my mind, I was right ready to snap. It was like I didn't have time to think.

I would like to say that I am done whining today but I have had 4 hours of sleep, no one knows Im pregnant and Im not going to throw the pity me party at work just yet:confused: So I may not be done whining for the day!;)

GM! :)

This morning was D22 chest only plus Cardio Core Circuit Express premix. YEOWZA! :eek:

Diana:: I thought about doing an M1 Insanity w/o this morning but chose CCC instead for whatever reason-certainly not because it's easier! :eek: Bootcamp time again! ENJOY! Good job on the hamstring results! Love it when hard work pays off! :)

Lori:: You had asked me on FB how how much weight I gained w/my pregnancy...about 40 pounds. More then I had hoped for but I didn't think it was too bad. Wow I would have strangled DD if she were mine! I can barely handle it when DS gets "wanty" and he's only 6! If he were a teenager I'd backhand him!:rolleyes: LOL :p

TUE

Hello Ladies -

great class last night -hot - but great - plyo step, trpl set UB and LB ;) DOMS: shoulders,chest and lats! It is HOT - geesh last night the air was so thick it was hard to breath!! it felt like tornado weather - and speaking of - TERRIBLE about another HUGE tornado wiping out a town in MO .. TERRIBLE!!!

Lori - man - poor thing - IDK if it the pregnancy or your DAY ystdy - but DAMN - I dont blame you I would be ready to pull my hair out - sending some CALMING vibes your way!! Things will settle!!! {{{{ HUGS }}}}}

Wendy - since i was so sporadic on STS meso 1 .. any thoughts on whether I should attempt doing it again or move on to meso 2????

DI - bootcamp starting again.. WOOT WOOT - I know you are excited!!

OK .. so have errands at lunch - it is ENTIRELY TOO HOT to workout anyways - have graduation gifts I have to pick up - tonight is mish mosh class - plyo, kb, plank work, pushup torture, high rep torture!! ;) OK have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.