DAMAGE CONTROL....WEEK OF MAY 22

Wendy .. :confused:...???...I have averaged 2 disc a week - only doing UB discs - b/c my class and gym workouts work my LB so hard - so what almost 1 1/2 month or 2 month ??? I still feel like I have benefited from them .. maybe not built as much strength as doing them as I am supposed to .. but with my classes and asylum it has been tuff combining it all together .. so I am not really following a rotation .. but more less fitting them in w/my classes and asylum workouts . . so maybe running thru it again may be called for ?? just not sure ..

???

Wendy .. :confused:...???...I have averaged 2 disc a week - only doing UB discs - b/c my class and gym workouts work my LB so hard - so what almost 1 1/2 month or 2 month ??? I still feel like I have benefited from them .. maybe not built as much strength as doing them as I am supposed to .. but with my classes and asylum it has been tuff combining it all together .. so I am not really following a rotation .. but more less fitting them in w/my classes and asylum workouts . . so maybe running thru it again may be called for ?? just not sure ..

???

If you don't try to play wonder-woman with your weight loads in M2 I think you would be fine. Heck, it's not as if you are a newbie to exercise!

Ya .. I think so too ... it is basically same exercises rearranged .. with heavier wieght - it is not like I ever stopped lifting or working out ... sooo ya .. thanks .. think I will continue on w/meso2 :eek: :p ;)

Laura:: M2 is a much slower pace then M1 as well so IMO there is less chance of injury that way. You do 3-6 sets of each exercise depending on the training method she is using and you get a 1 minute rest between each set so it's not the crazy rush you feel (or atleast I felt) during much of the M1 work outs. Enjoy it! I think M2 is fabulous! I hope I like M3 - I am looking forward to it much more then I ever though I would! Gonna go for Squat Rack Legs too as opposed to Plyo Legs which is something else I REALLY NEVER THOUGHT I'D DO! :eek: When will you start M2? I start M3 on Saturday June 4th IIRC. :)

Hi Ladies,

We are having to carpool, DH's truck is still in the shop and they haven't even looked at it.:mad: It's been there since Friday. I told him I need my car tomorrow because I have an eye dr. appt. I had lasik about 15yrs ago, but know that I'm in my mid 40's (ssshhhh, don't tell) I have to hold everything at arms length in order to read. May be time for some reading/computer glasses.

No workout to report for this morning. Why, because I putzed around on the computer for too long...and the carpool situation didn't help. One good thing about car pooling is I'm home and have time to do a w/o. I just ate dinner so I'm leaning towards MM. Oh, btw, I've increased my bicep barbell weight to 37.5#'s. The second set is a struggle, but I'm finally starting to see a tad bit of pop to my biceps.:D

Lori-Sorry DD was on your nerves last night. It's sounds like it was a combination of issues that were grating on your nerves. My kids know when they can get away with it and when they can't. My 15yr old tends to push my limits on ocassion though. My fingers are still crossed for a girl!!!

Wendy-I was planning Core Cardio Circuit for this morning too! Oh well, it will be tomorrow for sure! Did I read that correctly....squat rack legs, I would've never thought that was your style. Cathe and the girls just use a barbell and a weight vest so you will be just fine!

Laura-I'm sure you'll be fine moving on to meso 2. We've had rainy weather lately, which is good for us since we just got our sprinkler system working yesterday! I was looking at the tornado destruction on the news, so tragic.

Heading down for MM!

Good Morning:)

I feel better now that I had a good nights sleep. I even had a hour long nap after dinner last night. I had no trouble getting up for a workout.....don't feel anything yet:D I will take it while I can.

I went to see the Dr yesterday and he suggested I not do the HM. He said there is a difference in exercising and doing that. He also suggested low impact or a light jog:confused: I am still going to run. I will just listen to my body. So I am still going to go to Ottawa. I debated but its just as well.

I was going to catch up on personals but I am on the computer with missing keys. I couldn't connect to the internet on the other computer.

No workout yesterday. Right now I am thinking 4DS chest and back, 20 mins TM and 20 mins bike. I am hoping tomorrow will be legs and then Fri can be cardio with a full body workout.

I will bbl for personals! Work shouldn't be as crazy today (fingers crossed)

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I ended up doing MIS last night. It was a nice change and it used to be one of my favorite full body w/o's. This morning will be CCC as planned.

My ubber back is killing me this morning. I had DH rub it a bit and I took some ibuprofen. Hopefully my morning workout will get the muscles warmed up and loosened up a bit.

Lori-glad you are feeling better today. Best to listen to your body. Does your Dr. know that the HM distance is your normal training run? Definitely don't want to push it though. Do what feels right for you.

bbl

Good Morning.

Well I have chest DOMS as expected and now will likely have bicep DOMS tmrw! I did D24 Biceps only + 1/2 of JM's 6 week 6 pack w/o#2 for a short but intense core-ab/cardio circuit. Finished off with STS Extended Stretch which felt great. :) I bumped up the weight on Biceps today as I did with Chest y'day. Wow. Great work out! I felt so strong! STS is the first rotation that is giving me real strength gains in my biceps since P90X. Makes me want to do P90X again as well at some point! :D

Diana:: Nice work outs! Yes you heard me right about Squat Rack Legs. I must be losing my mind!:eek: LOL :p Impressive number on the bb biceps curls! Last time I did D24 I used a 30# bb for curls for the first set. Today I bumped it up to 32.5# and kind of expected to fail early but I was able to do it as well as the remaining drop sets with the proper weight w/o failing early! WOO HOO! :D

Lori:: ITA w/Diana-do what feels right for you but don't push too hard/over-do it. I'm sure you'll be fine though. :)

BBL~

Last edited:
WED

Morning Ladies!

Excellent mish mosh class last night - I have DOMS: core and shoulders!!! :D - it is HOT here .. our weather went from cool to HOT over night!! UG

Lori - so did I read YOU ARE going to do HM or NOT going to do it??? IA listen to your body - you do train hard - so slowing down may be a good thing - but seeing as hard you train daily as a normal routine - you should be fine as far as your regular workouts - will pbly have to cut down on your runs - better to take safe route!!! ;)

Wendy - is this your first full rotation of STS????? I was thinking you did entire round before!!! have you done the PLYO legs??? OMG .. those are my FAVORITE workouts .. they are awesome!!!!

Di - BOOOOO on the truck being torn up and slow repair service - TYPICAL!!!! I wish I could lift heavier on my bis - to be so big they sure are not as STRONG as they look .. :confused: :( .. dang it !!!! I think my TRIS are actually stronger than my bis .. and that is unusual!!! (it IS my least favorite part of my body to work - which usually means it is the part I NEED to be working on the MOST)

OK - so SIL and I are gonna attemp supreme90 UB in gym - it is like a SAUNA out there ... sooooooooooo IDK... gonna be HOT! Then I have to go to another office to open up - so not sure if I will get in another workout tonight or not!! OK .. have a great one! will BBL to see what everyone is up to~!

Laura:: I tried to do last year but quit 3 weeks into meso 1 b/c of excessive weight gain/bloating that showed no signs of stopping or going away. So no, I have never completed an STS rotation before. This will be my first time! :D Be careful working out in such a hot environment! :eek: How can a gym be like a sauna!? OMG-what is wrong with the owners!? IDGI. :rolleyes:

So listen to this one ladies...You'd better sit down or hold on to something cause you might fall over when you read this.........

I AM GOING TO TAKE 3 REST DAYS IN A ROW THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

Who ever might still be left standing wins a prize!:p

EEEEEEEEK :confused: - our Wendy 3 days rest????? WOW --- I think I fainted - I dont get prize!!! SO YOU ARE planning on enjoying yourself in AC??? .. sending some winning vibes your way!! If you are like me - you will be busy - walking and having fun - no time to exercise!!!! go and ENJOY yourself - you deserve it!!

... got to say ... just for a moment I thought you were about to say "I am pregnant" and join our Lori in her glory/stress/happiness mix state of mind!!! :eek: :rolleyes: LOL ..

Have to say S90 was pretty darn good - did a good job of sufficiently FRYING my arms!! :p dont think I will be able to straighten them tmrw!! LOL :D

BITE YOUR TONGUE, Laura! I am sooooo NOT pregnant and soooooo NOT trying to be either! :eek::eek::eek:

Glad you liked S90! I will get to that rotation some day! LOL

LMBO at your reaction to my rest day plan! I KNEW I'd put someone on theh floor with that announcement. ;)

Hey girls,

So CCC was a sweatfest for sure this morning! I had an eye dr. appt, seriously I was the first appt and it took longer than an hour.:mad: I had some errands to run after that and didn't get to work until noon-UGH. Oh well, good thing my boss is so understanding.

I ordered some glasses, the first 3 frames I picked out wouldn't work for the "progressive lenses". They are similar to bifocals (i think), distance on top and readers on the bottom. I ended up just grabbing a pr that would work....we'll so how they do.

So I don't think I mentioned this, Eunice has got me in this challenge group on FB, and we are doing a 2 week challenge of clean eating, michi's ladder 1 and 2 I think. I'm sitting here drinking a mojito and eating chocolate chips right now....neither of which is allowed.

Wendy-I too thought you were going to say you were expecting....;) Enjoy your 3 rest days, they are well deserved. Btw, i'm down 3lbs since you kicked me back into WW gear! Thanks! I haven't been over to the WW thread to post, I can't keep up with all these checkin's. I think its been about 2 weeks since I've spent much time on FB, other than the other day when I found out about the food challenge. I'm going to give it a try.

Laura-great minds think alike!!:D OMG girl, you've got a heat wave going on. We've been in the mid 50s to mid 60s with cool rainy weather. It is supposed to get to 80 one day this weekend. Glad to hear S90 UB is a goodie to. I've done the leg w/o and core w/o from S90 and liked both of those. Speaking of the truck, DH called them this morning and they still hadn't looked at...so he just went and picked it up. Not sure where he's planning to take it now, but he was not happy.

Lori-what are you up to today? So your 13 days off never seemed to happen. With all your call outs...and all hours of the night to boot.

I'm going to pop over to FB and see what's going on.

Hi Girls,

What a busy day at work. Paper wise...not running around. I think mental work is harder the physical work most times.

My workout this morning was 30 mins on the TM,15 mins on the bike, 4DS chest and back and GS shoulders. I am hoping to do legs and another run tomorrow.

Diana** I really don't care what this baby is b/c I have one of each. But do I really need another drama queen?;) Its nice to see that I am not the only one who keeps secrets from their DH! LOL

Wendy** That announcement was the same as me announcing it! And I know what you were trying to do...you were trying to take the attention off of me and direct it towards you...that's fine. I get it:p;) I think I missed that you were going away this weekend. Its gonna be a quiet thread.

Laura** No, no HM for me and I will probably reduce my running a fair bit. Unless I take more breaks while I am running. I can't think about the fact of not putting that nice lulu to the test this summer:( I am going to buy some bigger pieces while I am away, hopefully it will get me through the times I need it.

Ok..gonna crawl into bed and watch some tv!

BB in the a.m!

Good Morning:)

I slept in a little....like 15 mins. But 15 mins is alot when you need to workout:) Still feeling good. Just got dressed to head outside for a run. Hopefully my Dr isn't out and about yet:p

BBL

Good Morning,

hhhmmmmm, its only 5am and I'm heading out to take DS to the airport. Good thing the coffiee is ready!

Lori-enjoy your run today.

bbl

Good Morning.

Well because I farted around too long this morning I could only get D24 back work done :eek: BUT that's what was important. I can live w/o the cardio and abs...even though I didn't wanna! :p

Biceps DOMS arrived in a timely fahion as expected and I have A LOT of it!:)

Diana:: My boss is the same way and thank goodness! LOL TY re WW. Congrats on the loss. Now keep it up! :) Oy-early ride to the airport for you. Be safe! Coffee is king at times like these! Good luck w/the new glasses. A part of me has always wanted to wear glasses. Wierd I know. :p Not because I want to be blind, lol, but because I think the right pair can make a person look really sharp!

Lori:: Great work out! So what are you tryin to say-that I talk too much? :p Not tryin' to steal your thunder. No worries! ;)

BBL

THURS - one step closer to long weekend - woot woot!!

Morning Ladies!

SO the only w/o I managed was the S90 at lunch - for some reason I was ZONKED ystdy afternoon - not sure quite what was going on - i had ZERO energy - SOOOO NOT like me :confused: I better not be getting sick!!! :mad: DOMS: yes they are in my tris as expected - not in my chest - I lift a LOT heavier doing STS ... so didnt think chest would be sore - but felt the STING while working the tris .. knew they would be talkign this mornign! :p

ANOTHER STEAMER OF A DAY - upper 90's and HOT - HUMID - but rain is to move in and drop the temps a bit !!! :D WE NEED RAIN .. it is sooooo dry here!!!

DI - LOL about you drinking mohito and doing clean eating challenge!!! that's the way I roll too ;) :p:p:p CONGRATS on the 3 pounds .> WOOT WOOT - I would LOOOOOVE to say goodbye to THREE pounds

Lori - have fun on the run - maybe the doc wont see ya :p I ordered me another outfit - from FITWEAR (Cathe clothes) I feel like I am CHEATING on LULU :confused: :p

Wendy - I am tackling bis and back S90 at lunch - so expecting my bis to be right there w/yours later today!! LOL

OK ... so s90 bis and back at lunch - tonight PLYO class :eek: :D - then tmrw is FRIDAY ... yayayayayayayaya! and I have TWO entire days without PIA at work :eek: :D:D:D:D:D yesssssssssss!

have a great one!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.