Damage Control-Wednesday

LauraR

Cathlete
Just did Legs & Glutes. It's one I haven't done a lot. Funny how you can get into ruts with DVDs. :p But I think I may have a new favorite workout. It's awesome. And just a little plyo tossed in, Poochy. :D

Morning Glories.

Well this stinks. We have ice here so DS' school is on a delayed opening schedule. Got the call last night already so I reset my alarms. Woke up at 4:15 anyway and couldn't fall back to sleep. Been up since 4:30. :rolleyes:

So when I got up, I let the dog out the back door as I usually do...I heard him take a few steps and then I heard *bambambambam* super quick as he slid/fell down the stairs! LMAO! Poor dog. :p I just hope that's not me and Joey later!:eek: I am praying my job calls a delayed opening today so that I won't have to use any of my time for Joey's delay. It is supposed to be worse where my job is as they are a bit farther north so fingers crossed!;)

Not sure what today's work out will be. I have a few thoughts but I'll reserve comment until I'm done and can tell you what I actually did instead of the 10 possibilities I am currently choosing from! :p

LauraR:: L&G is a goody for sure and your bum could be letting you know that rather loudly come tomorrow morning! ;) My bum STILL hurts a bit from doing Disc 3 on SUNDAY! :eek:

Diana:: Stay warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL~:cool:

Good Morning!

Quick checkin...waiting for my client to get here. I really, really didn't wanna get up this morning! I knew last night when I went to bed that I was gonna regret staying up so late!:confused: Ugh! Anyhoo.....

I promise I will bbl to catch up on personals. I have a couple of training sessions this morning, plus I will workout myself. After that I am free until after dinner! Also planning on running to the grocery store to get fruit and veggies at some point today.

We hired a girl at work and I am giving her four of my shifts a month:D She use to work with us before and she is a really nice girl. And the best part is, we can keep working the same hours right now until (I guess) he sees a need to change it. I was soooo worried that I was gonna have to start staying later. Now I am trying to figure out what shifts to give up. I would like to give up Mon and Tues every 2nd week so I never have to work a Monday again! Isn't that an awesome plan!? I like working every 2nd weekend b/c I get to study at work. I think she probably thought that we were gonna stick her with weekends.

Alright...I will bbl!

Lori:)

YAY! Work called. Bank is opening late today so I won't get charged for DS' delayed opening! WOOT! :D

Lori...Glad you are getting some help at work. That means more time to train people! :D

Hi Ladies,

I'm taking a rest day today. I started feeling like crap yesterday afternoon and went downhill fast. I should be doing legs, but I can do them tonight or tomorrow if I feel any better. I've been working from home the past 2 days and feel I should go into the office. I really want to call in sick and stay in bed. I may just go in for a bit and come back home.

Did you guys see the Feb Rotation? Revised Rock Bottoms, it looks pretty good. I'm going to stick with STS for now, but may come back to this one after STS.

The schools are closed again today because of the cold. The high for today is 9, but the windchill is -20.

LauraR-nice job with L&G. I'm kind of in a rut w/cardio w/o's. I tend to do the same ones over and over. I have Michelle Dozios Peak 10 w/o's but haven't tried them yet.

Wendy-hope your dog is okay. Wow, I barely remember Core Synergistics. I loaned P90X to a friend, as well as Insanity. I'm kind of annoyed that neither one of them is actually following the rotations for these w/o's.

Lori-I like your plan of not working on Monday's. I prefer to take Monday's off instead Friday's when I want a long weekend.

LauraT-hope you are feeling better. DS2 has been sick and now DH and I have it. I'm sure DS1 and DS3 will be next.

bbl

Wendy—"Good grief!" to all your snow. I might quit doing upper body workouts if I had to shovel all that stuff. So glad to know that I’m not the only one who wanted to gag taking care of my dog’s ear! :confused: Yay that the bank opened late for you today! ;) And, yes, Core Synergistics is a toughie!

Lori—I love cute workout clothes. I can’t work out in just shorts and a t-shirt anymore. I need the inspiration of the cuteness factor, especially when I’m watching gorgeous Cathe and all her beautiful crew! :D I currently “need” a purple top but haven’t found just the right thing. I want one like Cathe wears in the Pyramids. The fact that you are adjusting to your new schedule is great . Glad that you are getting some help at work. Sounds like even more transition into PT is on the way!

Diana and Poochy—Sorry for the sickness! Such a bummer. :(I always feel that, right as I get in a groove, I get some kind of sickness that makes me lose my momentum. I feel your pain.

Diana—Glad that your TV is hung. I always have a running list of “honey-do” projects for DH! Also glad that your computer problems got taken care of. You are amazing if you are doing STS legs with a head cold!

Jacque—Imax 3 is a toughie, no matter if you’ve been on track or not. I say making it through ½ is a big success. Hope things can get back on track for you and you can get back to a workout routine. And hope you get a new solution for your headaches. And yes, our kids really live an ideal life here. As I write, all 3 are outside running around.

Wendy and Diana—All this talk about 6week6pack and I’m going to have to get it. A workout you only do with 3s or 5s? Wow. The passing the dumbbell under your leg etc. sounds a little crazy, though! :p

Well, I'm off to dinner with friends and hoping to eat right with whatever is being served. Balancing the social and the 'eating right' is a challenge sometimes.

Diana--Yes! I saw the Rock Bottoms rotation and thought OMG that is crazy!! But I'd really love to work up the courage (and find the time!) to do it.

Hey Ladies ..

Well I feel a smidge better today - I did teach class last night - high reps shaping - double sets - one w/heavy weight one w/o any weights .. I wasnt gonna sweat :eek: HA ya right!! I was soaked .. and DOMS in the BUTTOCKS today .. those darn courtsey lunges did a number on the booty!!! Today is a rest day - still got a cough - congestion - no class so not gonna push it! Maybe by tmrw I will be back on track!!

Wendy - ICE :eek: yikes!! and poor furbaby ... ouch!!! hope you and the munchkin faired better on the steps!!! YA and the job opening late ... that worked out good - just be careful on that ice - the news showed cars sliding everywhere in NYC :confused:

LauraR - YA on the added plyo!! Thank you very much!! they tend to kick it up a notch huh?

Di - sorry the family is sickly - I feel your pain - UGH .. NO FUN AT ALL!!! OMG bless your heart on those WICKED temps .. GEESH ... STAY INSIDE at all cost!!!

Lori - congrats on the new hire -- woot woot - hoping that clears your hectic schedule out some!!

hello to Jacque!

Well the groundhogs saw their shadow this morning - supposedly means that spring is coming early :eek: WOOT WOOT :eek: can we all stand up and do a happy dance!!!! :D :D :D Let's hope they are right!! Old Man Winter has been a B### this winter!!!! OK .. gotta jet .. have a great one!;)

Diana:: In my experience, lending out work out dvds is not a good idea unless you don't care if you get them back in under 6 months time...:rolleyes:

LauraT:: DOMS in the bum is the best! My pooch is fine. He's got a rock head and a high tolerance for pain in general. Nothing ever really hurts him. :eek:

LauraR:: Nothing to shovel this time. It was all ice which is actually worse safety wise but luckily it started to rain so the roads ended up being fine. Yes, I do 6w6p with a 5# DB and it's plenty! :eek: It's on my list of work outs to do this week. I am attacking core with some cardio this week for recovery. heheh.

Last edited:
Ice pellets expected tonight??? :confused: REALLY .. this is the SOUTH people!!! COME ON NOW!!!! :confused: no accumlation expected .. just COLD and nasty!!! Keep your ice up there Miss Wendy!!!!

On a COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTE - Auburn is ranked #1 and #2 in Recruitment class .. WOOT WOOT .. we got some AWESOME talent coming our way!!! :D :D :D :eek: WAAAAAAARRRRRR EAGLE BABY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.