***DaMaGe CoNtRoL**Sunday***

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I can't believe I'm up at this hour on a Sunday no less. The girls woke up at 5am and grandma isn't really happy about that. They are sitting here at the kitchen table eating their oatmeal and grandma is drinking her much needed "foffee".

We have a couple of family gatherings to attend today and they should be pretty fun. The first one is a family reunion on my DH's side. It's at 12:30 which happens to fall during the girls nap time. Not sure if we will make this or not. The second is a birthday party for my great nephew, he is 3. My sister is having a BBQ at her house and we always have a good time there.

DH has been laid up with gout the past few days and can't help out with the girls. They can be quite a handfull at times.

No workout to report for yesterday other than mowing the yard and putting some fertilizer on it. This heat is really taking a toll on the yard.

BBL

Here is my post! Diana and I posted at the same time! I was getting way to many interuptions....so now I have myself locked in the bathroom! LOL

Good Morning!:)

We were up really late last night. We had friends drop over and they didn't leave until 3! So tiiiired! I was suppose to sleep in but of course once everyone was awake...so was I.

Not to mention that our friend the police officer was here for the night and he got a call last night regarding a missing boat. He is stationed close to my home town. It involved 2 small kids and 2 adults. As soon as I got in bed I heard him talking to DH about how they found one of the little boys and it wasn't good news. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep after that!:( So sad! I can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

Yesterdays workout was 15k outside and first 3 seg of PH. Hoping to get another run in today and the rest of PH.

I don't know what to do about this race issue. I can't register online anymore but I can get someone to register for me (cause its in the city) on thursday night. I am sure my brother can do that. In the past when my coworker and I have switched sat and sun's the other one worked the mon so the other person wasn't working 4 days straight. When I mentioned doing that...she doesn't remember ever doing that:confused: I think she is conviently forgetting b/c its the weekend of the festivites here and she would get to enjoy it all. Now I am trying to figure out how bad I want to run this race.Im leaning towards not very! I need to make my mind up today though!

Jacque** I think we are all going through our own stages of eating to much! LOL We aren't a very good damage control team! hehe! We need an outsider to come in and be motivational! LOL I don't know what DD's computer has but if anyone is going to get pop ups and viruses...its her!

Diana** Oh man...that is NOT good!We knew someones little girl who use to do that. I think she use to poop, take her pamper off and do whatever with it. Its gross....you must have been savage! We have never had that prob but DS has tried to poop on the grass! What workout did you decide on?

BBL!
Lori:)

Hi Wonder Women!!!:D SPA DAY was wonderful!!!! Did Supersets after Jacque inspired me on Facebook. I tried that Kate Somerville Tanning Towelettes and it gave me a pretty glow all over. No streaks. It's the same stuff Cathe uses. I also treated myself and bought Hiit and Cardio Core Circuit online. Can't wait for my new workouts to arrive. I need that UMPF you're talking about, Jacque:) Also, I took time for meditation with my candles and my Zen music. It really helps mind, emotions and spirit to calm down, IMO. Some form of relaxation technique might help you, Warrior Woman Jacque!

WAIT-- You guys are way too virtuous..... You're just now getting on the Damage Control wagon? I've been on it for 18 YEARS!!!!!!! LOL. Ever since I had my first baby it has been an ALL-OUT WAR to go from "Flabby Abby" to "Fit Kit". I'm pretty sure my body will never be the same, after 3 full-term pregnancies, full-time work, and bad eating habits. So I give you all kudos for just hopping on the wagon this last week

(I know, I know, I'm being silly:)) I used to work out at my gym every night before I had Paul. Well, that just shows I loved exercise and was taking care of my body pre-pregnancy. There IS hope for this "Flabby Abby" #@!$%^&*:);):D BTW, that newborn Paul is now a 6 foot 3 hulking man with a bad attitude. We took him out for dinner last night, and he was just full-on sarcastic teenager. He apologized later. He's going through a lot of mental transitioning, b/c after August 18th, he's on his own 4 ever in Tucson!!!! Of course, I could be induced to take him back;).

Diana: You are a SAINT!!!! I'm sorry, but there would be a spanking at my house. :mad: I know it sounds harsh, but a couple swats on the butt might get their attention. So sorry your DH has the gout-- that's no fun. I give you kudos for the angelic woman you are. You are getting your stars in your crown FO SHO:p:D

Lori: So sorry your partner wasn't into it. Some days are just like that, right? So sorry also about the little boy in the police officer's story. Praying for that family. Do you have a way to measure how far you run? Is it one of those little armbands? I never know how far I run, about 3 miles, I would guess, whenever I do my "loop" around the neighborhood.

Laura -- fill us in on your day!!!

Lovely Sunday all! I'm off to start with some cardio, don't know what yet.

Good morning ladies !

No workout yet (will be S&H Bi's & Tri's) but have cleaned the kitchen, made pasta salad and am ready to move on ! Y'day DD and beau stopped by on their way back from Monterey - was supposed to be for a bit but ended up for 4 hours - worked out well since DH was smoking a brisket and it took waaaaayyyy longer than he thought. Dinner was at 9:45 ! I know it sounds late, but I wasn't starved and the evening sitting outside on the patio was nice as we watched the doves, squirrels, humming birds and chatted with the kids while it cooled off from the near 100' we had during the day.

Today is a visit with DS1 and family (thus the pasta salad). Heard that DGS1 seems to be leaving the terrible 2's (3rd Bday is July 27) and heading toward the "independent" 3's quickly. We'll see how it goes today.

Diana - wowsers you've been having some 'fun' times with the girls, huh? Just curious . . . where is their dad or is he working when all this is happening? Sorry about DH - will he be back up on his feet soon or do the bouts last a while? :( Hope you have a chance to get a workout in - think it will help ! ;)

Lori - you had a late night again . . . As soon as I was done with dinner I layed down and was out until 5 AM - but did snooze a bit more and finally got up at 7. So which race are you talking about? I'm remembering your friend wanted you to do another marathon . . . is that it or a different one? Yep - agree on the eating, but for me it is too many carbs and then from there I just don't feel like eating due to having too much to do. I'm not on my usual schedule. And when the summer comes with long days I just want to be outside. DH is always asking what is for dinner but truthfully, I'd rather not take the time to eat. I know I must so need to get the healthy quickie foods back into the fridge so I can "fuel up" with good stuff and it will be quick.

PunkyJen - well I do believe that is the longest post you have ever had here ! :p Me likey ! Sounds like a fantabulous SPA DAY you had ! Thanks for the reminder - I did take a yoga class and bought some naturistic music on DVD. Perhaps popping that in and sitting on my shiatusu massage chair topper will help lots. Actually, sitting in the backyard last night was perfect for me. Also looking at camping here soon and that is right up my "relaxing alley". It is strange to have the kids grown up and out of the house. An enjoyable stage and what I love about it is that you see how well you did when they have "revelations", ask you for your advice, do something really well, or are just plain hard working and giving their all at what they do. I feel fortunate that all mine are doing fine and are fun to hang out with ! :p Laughed at DS1 as he told me how his oldest 3 yr old was acting. I told him it will continue until he's married with kids, LOL ! He said "thanks Mom !" - but I followed up with the fact that I'd never give up any of it - the hard times, the easy times, or especially the fun times !

OK - there's my book for today ladies !

Wendy & Laura - hope your weekends are going well. Man I hope today drags for a bit cuz I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow ! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.