Damage Control October!!!

These incessant hot flashes are killing me....okay, that's an exaggeration. They are definitely interrupting my sleep and causing me to be very crabby. Monday was an unplanned rest day, due to lack of sleep the night before. This morning I did a BR w/o and walked at lunch. I walked to walgreens and got my flu shot. I got my steps in and got my flu shot so I would say that's a pretty productive lunch hour. Tomorrow I have an ortho appt in the morning. I'll do my best to get something in at lunch. My fitbit flex hasn't been holding a charge. I cleaned the charging heads on the fitbit and the charger. I reset it and charged it. I'm going to see if that fixed the issue. It is 5 years old so if I have to replace it I will. I just alternate between the flex the surge. I've gone back to icing my arm as much as possible. 3 times per day for 20 minutes is sometimes hard to do. I did read that this tendinitis could take from 6 mos to 2 years to heal. When I had bicep tendinitis, it took over a year. I can now do chest flyes and chest presses but have to be very careful. Dips are still problematic so I usually choose an alternate exercise.

I say let the young ones work the OT. Take your well deserved time off and enjoy the day in you pj's. They are close to finishing the road work in my neighborhood so I should be able to get my bike out shortly. We are supposed to have snow on Thursday. I haven't ordered the Fit Split series because I realized I would have access to it with Cathe Live and On Demand! Do you have the fit tower? I have the older one, but I'm sure it's fine.

bbl

Today I did BR RTC Day 3 and got in my 10K steps. I think the fitbit flex fix is working. So far so good. I'm not sleeping well and it's impacting my resolve to eat healthy. UGH. I need sleep.

Hope you are having a great day.

Well, I slept until 10 AM today-worked the past two night so am probably catching up. I'm getting a lot better sleep since changing to second shift. I don't worry anymore about oversleeping or getting to bed early enough to get enough sleep. On the flip side work is less staffed for second shift so I end up working later in the evening-particularly on weekends when I won't get done until midnight. Take the good with the bad I guess. I need the job, so have to put up with all of it.

Tuesday I did take a rest day. Wednesday was the pool for 40 minutes. I always feel so loose and relaxed after the pool. Today I've got the combo from PUB/PLB on tap. It's total body of I think a majority of the pyramid up exercises-about an hour. I watched the PHT DVD from S&S. Have you used that one? Do you consider it total body weight, circuit or cardio?

Glad the fit flex is working! I hear you about not eating clean. Too much Halloween candy around and since it's such a small amount, I eat it! What are the girls dressing up for Halloween?

I'm going to an essential oil party today. I'll see what they say about sleep and let you know.

Beth

Yesterday I did a BR w/o and this morning I did LIHI legs with the 10# vest. My legs are jello. I hoped to get to an UB weight workout at lunch, but ran errands instead. I'm really struggling with not sleeping. Melatonin has always been my go to, but I don't want to become dependent on that. Looking forward to hearing more about the essential oils. I've been reading up on my symptoms. Not fun. Some of what I read includes giving up inflammatory foods such as wine and chocolate. Those are 2 of my food groups.

PHA, I think that's what you are talking about. That is definitely a total body w/o with a bit of cardio factor simply because it moves so fast with very minimal breaks. It's a great w/o IMO. I haven't even bought Halloween candy. I'm kind of considering turning the light off and not giving out candy this year. Hmm, not sure what the girls are going to be for Halloween.

bbl

The oils are from a company called doTerra. I'm not sold on there effectiveness. If you rub lavender on your feet at night it's supposed to help you sleep. They sell oils for everything: inflammation, muscle aches, joints, etc. Some you can ingest, some you use topically. There are cleansing ones for people and the house. It's endless! The "party" was like a two hour class-which is not what I expected on my day off. I ended up not buying anything. I would rather not spend the $$$ on it. We already have bought a good bed, eat good food, and exercise. That's expensive enough. Plus you have to remember to keep reapplying the oils-I don't need anything else to do at work.

I take melatonin, too. It's does get to be a crutch. It's so nice to sleep though that I hate to give it up! I have been dreaming a lot which to me is a sign of good sleep. During my years of hot flashes, I would just try to convince myself that I was resting my body even if I wasn't sleeping. Have you tried a hot bath or shower before bed? If I'm really wound up when I get home from work, I'll take a hot shower to help me.

I did ICE kickbox with blizzard blast yesterday. Not working out today, so I've had two rest days this week. Oh well. I would rather watch Liverpool before work. Already know tonight is short staffed so I'll be running.

Beth

Yesterday was a rest day. DS bought a new game and was playing it on my w/o TV. I didn't really feel like working out anyway. I need to get a rotation to follow. I watched a bunch of recordings from when I was in Daytona. This morning I did PHA and RWH Plyo (step). I started of with 2 risers but after rewinding and redoing a couple sections, I just lowered it to one riser which was much more doable for me today. The rest of today will be laundry, grocery shopping and other errands. I ordered some OTC menopause support, I think it's called menoquil. If that doesn't help then I will go see a naturopath.

Nice job with kickbox!! Absolutely, you should enjoy your day. How many years of hot flashes do I have ahead of me? I hear great things about essential oils but I haven't gotten into them either.

bbl

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! I went to the dentist this morning and all is good. They even took our latest dental insurance! My company changes plans so often so I never know.

Yesterday I tried a workout I'd never done-Low Impact Challenge from the Low Impact Series. It's a step routine. I had to rewind the first 3 sections at least twice each to learn the moves. My brain was fried by the time we got to the 4th one, so I just went to the cardio blast section, did that, and called it a day. It's pretty fun and I think I'll like it more if I keep working at it. Sat. I took a short walk with the vest between games. I got plenty of miles at work so feel good.

Have you looked at the Strong and Sweaty 30 day rotation? I might start it today. It's a lot of weights with cardio twice a week. Bootcamp today. I've never done it and want to give that series a go through!

Beth

Yesterday I did BR w/o and I probably do another one this morning. S&S isn't my favorite series. Bootcamp is probably my least favorite of the series. I did find a 2-3 month STS undulating rotation that looks pretty good. Of course it may take me longer since I'll be throwing in BR along the way. Once I'm in my next billing cycle I'll be ordering the yoga dvd's and add those in too. DS2 is coming back home. The house he is living in is having a lot of plumbing issues. That can't use the toilets, shower, or washing machine.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like my insurance covers very much. It seems like such a waste of money sometimes, but you have to have it. I recall attempting one of the LI step workouts, and it was definitely a workout for my brain. I'm not sure if I got my HR up or not though. :)

Hi!

No, the step workout really didn't get my heart rate up much. It was more just moving and trying to learn the program. S&S bootcamp was alright. I like that the workouts are around 45 minutes. 1st time through I didn't add the abs in-might do that next time. I'm already veering off the rotation though. Today was supposed to be Ramped Up Upper Body. I wasn't feeling like heavy upper body so I did X-Train Hard Strikes. I was able to do the push-up/sit up combo at the end (on my knees and much slower-but got it done!). Tomorrow I will go to the pool so will not do the Cardio Slam with abs.

The undulating looks like a lot of long workouts and a lot of X10-which is fun! Adding the yoga in will be nice for you.
Too bad the apt. didn't work out for DS2. We're actually talking about starting to charge DS1 a little to live here to teach him more about living expenses. After Thanksgiving, we'll talk to him. He's been at his job for a year now and it's time!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.