Damage Control October!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Hope I don't end up just talking to myself. It's been really quiet lately. I've been keeping up with BR real time challenge. I think I'll finish the 30 days before I head to San Diego on Saturday. Today I did BR Day 25 and hopefully will get to STS disc 9 tonight.

I've been going through each week of Meso 1 twice. My intention was to finish week 4 two times through before my long weekend. It looks like I'll only get through it once. I just going to take my rest week on my holiday and pick back up with the last week of Meso 1 and then will just continue on with Meso 2.

What's everyone else up to?

bbl

Hi Diana,

Glad you started the thread. You must be loving Meso 1 to do it twice! How is the eating going along with the gym challenge? How long will you be in San Diego? You are going with your MIL, right?

I'm still rehabbing my back. I've been taking the medication and doing a little water walking and outdoor walking. Work just about killed it today. I purchased a Fit Bit Alta yesterday and love it! I think I don't sleep at night, but it looks like I did get 7 and 1/2 hours-with 6 wake ups and 25 restless times-love the hot flashes! I walked almost 9,000 steps at work today. From what I can gather I can do any exercise that doesn't make my back hurt. The pool feels really good and some days my back doesn't hurt much. I'm eating whole30 as much as possible and feeling good. I miss working out with Cathe of course. Time will tell. I'm also doing some back stretching and strengthening. Pretty boring stuff.

Off to the pool.

Beth

Hi Ladies! I've missed you! I've been working six days a week, but finally cut back to five days. Both jobs I'm working are so labor intensive, I'm exhausted almost always. DH and I have been keeping up with the weight lifting and started STS this week. We're cutting back on the bike miles, we both don't enjoy the night riding that much. I would like to get to 4000 miles before the year ends. I need to get 370 miles in to make that number. I ordered the new series, which will hopefully ship around the time we finish with this round of STS.

Diana, your travels sound like so much fun! I haven't had time to go back and read last months check in, so I don't know what you've been up to. I like the idea of doing each Meso week two times through. Meso 1 is my favorite.

Beth, sorry to hear that your back is still bothering you. Sound like you have a good plan for recovery. I'm still nursing my ankle from last June. It's getting better but tweaks so easy after high impact. What are you reading for book club this month? We just finish A Fall of Marigolds, which was really good. I read Rain, Reign by Ann M. Martin, on my own and really loved it. I also finally read The Road by Cormac McCarthy, I have mixed feelings on this book. The writing was great but the story line was very bleak and violent. On the hot flash front, mine have been on hiatus, thank God!! I do not miss them!

Hi Ladies,

So glad I'm not alone here! Today I did STS Disc 10-CSB and BR Day 29. I'm doing pretty good on the food front. I'm trying to refrain from peanut butter since I can't control my intake. The scale has been moving ever so slowly in the right direction. Our coach mentioned at our transformation meeting that this challenge is no t about the scale as it about the transformation-aka pictures...bodyfat% change etc. That's why our pictures are so important. I've had a very stressful week and am enjoying a glass of red wine right now.

My job is so stressful right now. I've been assigned to take over for one of the gals who is going on maternity leave. I have big shoes to fill and do not feel qualified. Sink or swim time I guess. UGH I've worked 2 12 hour days. Who am I to complain when that is Beth's normal hours. I shouldn't complain, but being tied to my chair with barely time to go too the bathroom is not fun.

I'm going to start the another round of the 30 Day RTC when I come back from San Diego. They have a 6lb weight vest that I want to order. I have the Cathe 10lb vest and I tried using it, but it is just too heavy for much of the BR w/o's and it slips up. I need to work up to that. I'll be in SD for 4 days and hope to workout a few times. I think there is a gym at the hotel as well running/walking on the beach! If I workout-great, if not, I'm not going to stress about it.

Not sure if I mentioned here, but my SIL and I will be taking my MIL to Ireland in the spring. How cool is that??? I'm super excited to go to Ireland! It sounds like we will be going in April. Then the following year I am going to Hawaii for my nieces college graduation! If I get put on the Australia project at work, I may be going there next year. I love traveling, and now that my kids are older it is a perfect time for me to travel.

Beth-it sounds like your back rehab is going well. Did the Dr. give you any indication on how long it would take to heal? I'm trying to stick to mainly whole 30 foods too. It's taken years, but eliminating processed foods is actually going pretty well for me. I've been eating a lot more vegetables and cooking more too. Sorry to hear about the hot flashes. I'm not looking forward to those.

Tina-So glad you could pop in. It will take me a while to get through STS doing each week twice, but I think it is a good program to follow during the transformation challenge. Meso 2 is my favorite. I dislike all the pushups in Meso 1. Hopefully you can get in your miles before the weather turns.

Waving Hi LL-I know you are busy with the boys.

bbl

Hi all!

Trying to figure out what to do workout wise today. Here is what my week looked like:
Sunday-off
Monday-can't remember!
Tuesday-CF low impact tabata
Wednesday-off
Thursday-x10 step- surprised I was able to do this since I did PRS1 last week my knee was hurting a lot
Friday-off
So I've done so little this week I'm not sure what I should do. I was kinda going thru CF, TTM, X10, PRS1&2, GG&LLA, with some weights thrown in. I was thinking BM2 would cover the cardio and weights but it's some long! It looks like since I did 2 cardio, I should do some legs or weights. But what?

Diana, sorry your job is so stressful. Very cool about the Ireland trip! Yeah we don't do much traveling unless parents pay for it or we can drive there!

Tina, you make me want to get Cathe On Demand so I can trip STS but I can't commit to hour long workouts daily...

Beth, sorry to hear about your back and that you're not sleeping well! I've been wheat free and sugar free (except some dark chocolate at night) for 3 weeks now. I have seen the scale move ever so slowly in the right direction! Four pounds in almost 3 weeks.

Lots to do today: Hubby is taking B to his soccer game first thing this morning while o try to workout and get sheets/towels/cleaning started. I need to get to the bank and do a few errands including haircuts for the boys. Then I need to go thru clothes for all the boys, season change=sort and box outgrown clothes. I hate this job, but it does feel very satisfying when it's done! And I'm trying to sell stuff on our local Facebook yard sale pages...

And then B has a baseball game at 2 which I hope to go to because tomorrow's is 30 min away...sometimes I wonder why I even try to get all this done. There is no way I will be able to do it all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I think my back is slowwwwlllly getting better! I picked up a book from the library and have been doing exercises and stretches for it. The pelvic tilt is key. With my profession, I better start doing this stuff every day to not only get better, but to prevent future pain. Diana, I want to be a world traveller! So glad to hear about all your impending trips. My niece spent a semester in Australia during her college years and loved it. I, of course, want to move to England to watch soccer all the time. Anyway...I have been loving the fitbit. I walked 15,000 steps yesterday. I'm not working out as hard now, but I am getting lot of walking in. I never realized how much I walk at work. DH would tell me, but I would still feel like I had to work out every night. No more. I did do CTX kickbox and biceps last night. Then lots of stretching and a hot bath. My back feels ok. This book I got says to exercise, but not to do anything that hurts. So that's what I've been doing. If I start to hurt, I stop immediately-common sense, right. But it's hard not to push through. You guys are my sounding board. Thanks!

Tina, our group read The Road and everyone either hated it or loved it. I found it very depressing, but well written. Right now we're reading Every Man Dies Alone by Hans Fallada. It's Germany during WWII. Next month I'm putting up the books: Ordinary Grace (Kruger), We Are all Completely Beside Ourselves (Fowler), Trust No One (Cleave), and Commonwealth (Patchett). Have you read any of those? A Fall of Marigold's looks good, but one of our members has PTSD from 9/11 so we stay clear of that in group. The spin class has opened up here in Wellsboro. I am going to check it out after I can do the exercise bike at the gym for more than 20 minutes without having to stop.

Diana, glad to hear the challenge is going well. The pictures will be good!

Beth

Hi all,

I took a picture of a picture of Cathe and me from the 1999 road trip with my phone. Then I got it into cathe.com-all through my phone. What do you think?! Yesterday I was going through photos and sorting out some for the boys and found the pic.

Today was Slide and Glide and back from CTX. Back is ok, now my quad hurts again....Been meal prepping, cleaning, and stretching.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I'm back from my trip and I had a wonderful time! I did lots of walking, but also ate out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today I will be back to my normal foods and normal routine. My weight is only up 1lb, but my the belly bloat is definitely back. Water, water, and more water for me the next few days. I'll probably do 2 shakes a day for today and tomorrow too.

I ordered the 6lb and 10lb vest from bodyrock last night. They had a bogo deal and I couldn't pass it up. :) Today will be the original bootcamp and disc 12-legs, picking back up where I left off.

LL-STS would only be hour long w/o's 3 times per week. Only you can determine if you have you can fit those in your busy schedule this year. Perhaps 1 body part per day along with some hiit would be good. I use to go running while my kids were at practice, it was the only time I could fit it in. My youngest remembers when I would take the oldest to baseball practice and pull out the running stroller and we would run during this time.

Beth-glad to hear your back is finally starting to feel better. Yes, you need to listen to your body at all times. Good pain you can push through, bad pain means stop. Wow, cool picture with Cathe!! I must've forgotten that you went on a roadtrip. We should meet up at one, perhaps next year??? That would be a ton of fun! My first was in 2008, then I went to San Diego once and to Daytona once. I always room with the same gal.

Tina-what are you to?

bbl

Hi all,

Diana, I would love to meet at a road trip! I've been looking at doing the 21 day cleanse you sent me. Maybe when you finish your challenge we could do it?! I'm not doing whole30 right now. The osteoporosis blog I follow strongly recommends a yogurt a day. Plus with the wine, being out of almond butter, and having some candy at work I may as well just admit that I'm not doing whole30 right now!

Workout wise I'm doing whatever feels good. Today was 30 minutes in the pool. My back does not hurt at all right now. I'm stretching a bit and feeling much less depressed. I'm off tomorrow and am going to try Hard Strikes. I'll let you know how it goes!

I think you'll really like the vests! I'm liking the fitbit. Sleeping about 7 hours a night on work nights-average of 8 hours a night for the week.

Glad you had a good time in San Diego. Are there hills there like in San Francisco? Nice to be able to walk a lot-bet you hit your steps for the day!

Off to read Every Man Dies Alone-bit depressing.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I had a wonderful trip to San Diego. I met my step goal each day I was there! We went to the beach, the aquarium, and to look at the house that DS's girlfriend's parents are buying her. DS called today to say the closing is on Oct. 31st. It's a beautiful 4 bed, 4 bath house on a corner lot with a view of the bay. They are currently living in an almost 4K sq top floor apartment that belongs to her parents. They have the whole top floor. The units beneath them are only half the size. Oh, and all the units have private elevators from their garage to their unit. It is super nice.

I'm struggling getting back on track with my nutrition. As a matter of fact, I just made no-bake cookies at DS2's request and ate 2. I also ate 1/2 a Godiva chocolate bar. Yesterday I did Cathe's original bootcamp w/o and today was STS disc 12-legs. I want to wait to start the BR w/o's until get the weight vests. Tomorrow will be some kind of cardio if I can fit it in and STS disc 10-CSB. I'm looking forward to finishing meso 1 and being done with all the push ups.

Beth-I'm game for doing the 21 day cleanse. When would you like to start? I would prefer to start after Thanksgiving and end before Christmas. So are you feel well enough to get back to your Cathe wo's? I hope Hard Strikes works well for you. Are you concerned with the twisting in kickbox w/o's? There are areas with hills as well as some flat areas. My MIL walked down and up a steep hill so we could go to the beach. After that though, we stayed on the flat roads. She's had 2 hip and one knee replacement and hills are not kind to her. I have a smoothie email I will forward to you too.

Hi to LL and Tina.

bbl

Hi all!

Monday I did BM2 double upper body premix but I skipped the second round so it was really just single upper body.
Tuesday I was too tired and slept in (to 7).
Yesterday I didn't get something in, I've super tired lately and decided I need to sleep in again (to 6:45)
Today I got up and did X10 cardio blast.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to wake up and do LLA with barre.

Beth- I would love to hear about your cleanse! I'm starting one next week for 2 weeks. No sugar, no wheat/gluten, no peanut butter, no butter! I've been doing no wheat and no sugar for almost 4 weeks now and the scale is slowly moving in right direction, maybe a pound a weeks kinda thing.

Diana- I'm not sure I can commit to 3 1 HR workouts per week unless they were MFSa. Still seem like a lot.

Hi Tina!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I ended up not doing Hard Strikes and did the Upper Body Triset from LIS. Feeling a bit sore today, but ok. Today I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 20 minutes and then tried the treadmill for 20 minutes but only made it 10 minutes before my leg started to hurt. I stopped (hard for me...but it has to be done!) and stretched especially my hamstring good. All in all about 200 hundred calories plus a 10,000 step day at work. For some reason Friday's are the day I get the most steps in so far.

Diana, thanks for the smoothie recipes! I think starting after Thanksgiving and ending by Christmas is a great idea! That will give me time to get the ingredients and practice some of the recipes. Do you give up coffee for it? I love my coffee mixed with the protein. What do you think?
Bootcamp is so fun! I hope someday to be back to some higher intensity! Glad your trip was good. We're going down Sunday after work to see DS2. DS1 and DH both have jury duty starting next Monday-what are the odds they both get picked to serve?! DS1 is taking some Civil Service tests at the end of the month. The job search continues....

LL, I just might do that BC upper body split next time I do upper weights. From what I remember it's pretty fun. The LIS one I did had a lot of push ups, but wasn't too bad. Your diet sounds good. No sugar is hard, but worth it. I do have a yogurt everyday now for my bones and a glass of wine. But, I have not had any crap at work-even though it's always around. I look at it and ask myself if it's worth it. When a family gives me a homemade goodie, I usually cave; but donuts-nah. The less you eat of the processed, the easier it is to say no (to me).

Hi Tina!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did BR Day 8. I will hopefully finish up meso tomorrow and start meso 2 next week. I really like starting my day with cardio/circuits to get the blood moving. I don't feel the same when I do weights in the morning. I haven't reached my 10K step goal since I've been back from my trip. I'm definitely getting a wireless headset this weekend. At least then I can walk around while I'm on calls.

My work schedule is so hectic, basically back to back meetings all day. It's getting to the point where I have to work at night, or on the weekend to do my work. I mentioned that to my lead. I'm not looking forward to the several hours of work I have to do this weekend.

LL-You are a busy mom, sleep is good. You are doing great with you w/o's. I need to keep X10 in mind when I'm short on time, and choose 1 or 2 segments. During whole30 I was able to kick the sugar habit. I'm struggling to get back on track with my food since my vacation. I made no bake cookies and ate some....I had a glass of wine last night. The struggle is real.

Beth-Maybe just sticking to low impact for a while will do your body good. Kickbox and non-step w/o's are a good choice. I'm sure it's difficult when you feel like you can't do anything. What about weights? Does lifting cause pain, other than the expected muscle soreness. Weight lifting is bone building too! I will plan on starting the cleanse the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I do not give up my 2 cups of black coffee. I need to review the shopping list and make sure I have the majority of stuff. Buying it all at once can cause sticker shock. The cleanse does include a lot of nuts, and I can't eat those right now with my braces. I'll figure it out, there's always alternatives.

Waving Hi to Tina!

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Today I did STS Disc 11-Back & Triceps. I had an early haircut appt and then DH and I were supposed to go shopping for a new couch....but he's too lazy. I'm so irritated. I mowed the lawn and then did my w/o. I'm about to shower and then gather the recycle and tack it back. The males in my house are so lazy and I'm so sick of having do everything myself, and by myself. GGRRRR!

bbl

Quick update: Saturday I did LIS upper body.
Yesterday was an unexpected walk on the trail with my next door neighbor and boy does my bum hurt!
Today I slept in until almost 8 and I just took a 20 min nap.
Today starts my detox. Basically whole 30 I've discovered! With intermittent fasting.

So today I've had: protein shake with water, flax seeds, berries and banana.

Lunch was chicken thighs, sweet potatoes and broccoli. I will have a snack soon with protein and veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Today ended up being Leg Max! I started with RWH LIHI Legs and then at lunch I did STS Disc 12! Goodbye Meso 1, Hello Meso 2. I'm so happy to be done with Meso 1 and push ups!

LL-good luck with your detox! Whole 30 is a great program.

Waving hello to Tina & Beth.

Hi Ladies,

I did Bodymax 2 Double upper body yesterday. I'm not having any trouble doing upper body weights, so will be doing them much more. I think I'll start STS and just do the upper body ones this weekend. My lower body-hip and thigh area still hurt/ache. I was able to do the step warm up yesterday and then stretched a lot after the workout. Today I'm going to attempt a kickbox workout. I'm thinking the Ice one or Hard Strikes. I'll wear my gloves to increase the burn. We'll see how it goes.

LL, glad you're getting some good sleep lately! Detoxing sounds good. I picked up a tea from The Republic of Tea that is a detox one for your liver. It's good! I also got the Metabolism booster tea to keep the fire going. I am trying to stay more whole30. I wish I could just stop snacking-even if it's compliant, it's still snacking.

Diana, your legs must be fried! LIHI is tough! Then to add an STS on-wow. Did you get your headset to be able to pace during your work? That's a great idea.

We went to Penn State and saw DS2 on Sunday and got to meet his girlfriend. It was an enjoyable visit. Yesterday was a dentist visit, workout, cards, and Liverpool played Manchester United. Today is NOTHING! I want a day off with no plans. I am going to make a new soup-curried cauliflower with carrots and kale-it's whole30 and cooking is relaxing to me. Neither of the men here got picked to be a juror.

Beth

Hi all,

I did it! I did Ice Kickbox and survived. Afterwards I stretched a good long time and did some back strengthening exercises from the book I'm reading. It felt so good! Today is the Elliptical at the gym for 30 minutes. I don't dare do even a little impact yet two days in a row.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did BR RTC Day 2. My day is pretty packed today so I'm not sure if STS will happen today or not. I won't be working out this morning due to my ortho appt. I thought the weigh-out for the transformation challenge was on Nov 11th, but its on Oct 31st or Nov 1st. I better kick the clean eating into high gear and eliminate ALL junk for the remainder of the challenge.

I'm still waiting for my weight vest to get here. I contacted support and was told it should ship no later than today. I just saw my shipping notice come through. It's not scheduled to arrive until the 25th. I guess I'll start the RTC challenge and try using my 10lb cathe vest until my BR vest arrives.

Beth-So glad you are getting back to your normal workouts. Easing back in is a great plan. Now that I know my weigh in is early, we can start the cleanse sooner if you like. What do you think about completing the cleanse before Thanksgiving? I wish cooking were relaxing to me.

Hi Tina & LL

Hi all,

Diana, I'm up for starting the cleanse anytime-so glad we agreed to keep coffee in the mix:D! I did the elliptical today for 30 minutes and stretched. I was reading somewhere that if you only do 30 minutes you won't eat as much as if you did longer because you're not starving afterwards. It seems to have worked. I got home and just drank water. I've logged in 3 workouts now for October! Tomorrow is the pool, Friday rest, and Sat. STS disc 1. Sunday probably Slide and Glide and Monday the other upper body disc for the first week. I'm going to give my hip/leg a lot longer to rest before doing lower body weights.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.