Damage Control November!

Hi Ladies,

Today will be CLB and my class tonight. It started on Monday but I was sick and didn't go. The 100 challenge yesterday was toes up (hanging from a pullup bar, pull your toes up to the bar) today's challenge is 100 bicep curls.

Jacque-sorry about the foot cramp impeding your workout, booh. My new Rogue is black exterior with black leather interior! It's -2 right now but should warm up to a whopping 18 degrees today.

LL-Intensity sneaks up on you, it starts off easy then hello...Intensity! Nice Job!!

Beth- Your body is building that hard earned muscle on your rest days! I started a new job in July. It's 35 miles one way and I have to travel through rush hour on the highway to and from. Being able to work from home not only saves on gas and my time, but also my sanity! I'm so looking forward to January when I can start working from home 2 days per week.

Laura-what are you up to?

bbl

I did 28 min of PUB upper body premix that was 38 min. I just ran out of time this morning. I hope to get to those abs before I go to bed but I'm really tired, up until past midnight last night and then woke up at 6 20 min before my alarm so I got myself out of bed!!

Rmrmr, your challenges sounds well, challenging!! Way to go!

Beth, rest days are like that aren't they? Where in PA are you, I forget? I'm in Downingtown, near Exton. We have about a half inch of snow!

Night all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's see, Wednesday was M1D9, last night was a chilly 30+ ride and today will be M1D8 and AB. We have a smattering of snow this morning and tomorrow's temps are calling for 26 degrees. My cut off for riding outdoors is 25, so I'll be checking that carefully before I suit up for a ride in the a.m. DH has been known to fib about the actual temp, so I have to double check the readouts before we head out. :rolleyes:

Diana, congrats on the new car! Sounds like you're feeling better. Your 100 challenge sounds tough! :)

Beth, I recently found a working VHS player at my parents. I'm going to borrow it so I can do a round of S&H. I haven't done those in years. Thanks for the reminder. I do remember having incredible chest DOMS from it. How long does it take you to do a 10K walk? I walk about 4 miles a day, two in the morning and two at night. Yesterday DS and I saw a porcupine up in a tree, something I had no idea was even a possibility. :confused:

Jacque, have you suffered from plantar fasciitis before? I've had it in the past and the pain would move from the bottom of my feet to the toe/upper part of my foot and back around to the bottom. It really bothered me for about a year. I found these Nike cushioned flip flops (memory foam) and I swear it cured my foot issues. I wear them even in the winter around the house. Just a thought.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I have the two newest Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) to listen to at work this weekend. Hopefully they're entertaining. :)

Hi Ladies,

Well my sinus issues have returned full force. I'm starting to think this may be a sinus infection since it is going on for so long. It's hard to get meds around here if you haven't been sick for at least 10 days. No workout to report for this morning. If I'm feeling up to it perhaps I'll do something this evening. The 100 challenge for today is tricep pushups.

LL-nice job with PUB!!! The biceps in the w/o are so tough, IMO. How's your eating going?

Tina-BBBRrrrrr, too cold for this girl to ride. We have temps in the teens today and snowy/icy roads to deal with.

Hi Laura, Jacque, Beth and Wendy. Hope I'm not forgetting anyone. TGIF

Rmrmr, my eating these last 5 days have been great!! I lost 1.2 at my last WW meeting, sounds great but I've been playing with these same 3-5 pounds for over 6 months now, up and down, up and down. But I hope I've broken it of that with trying to follow Charlene's turbo fire inferno plan almost to a T. The calories are tabout 1200 per day, whole foods, minimal dairy and starches and no sugar. So I think I dropped some more since my weigh in on Monday night. But now since my 5 days are up, I'm not sure where to go from here. Part of me thinks I should keep going with this plan,but if I wo hard, I'm not sure it's sustainable, I'm not doing shakeology! I tried it twice, gagged the first time and didn't like it the second. I'm using teraswhey protein powder with 1 frozen banana, water and 2t of peanut butter, I like it the best this way. But I kinda would like to try vanilla with strawberries and banana since that is my fave smoothie, but that may have been part of my problem, too many fruit sugars and other sugars? But I don't want to give up my brownies and goodies forever!! But I do like the fact that I was down over 2 pounds since Monday. I will weight and do measurements tomorrow so see if there was a difference.

I am also looking at the new insanity max 30 and t25 and chalene's piyo and extreme. I can't remember who does these. But I've seen CE come up a lot.

OK! Here are my results from doing the inferno 5 day diet: 2.3 pounds down and a whopping 5.25 inches down! Now 2 are from my chest (shard place to measure on my own and Hubby won't be thrilled !!). But the other big one was 2.5 at my waist!! I take that measurement at the thinnest part on my waist. So that is right below my rib cage and above my belly button. Now how to keep it off! Only 2 weeks before my reunion (I am currently 10 pound lighter than I was 5 yrs ago) and a week after that I have a dressy Chrismas dinner at Messiah College that I'd like to lo good for!

Hey! Great work on the diet and exercise plan LadyLep. You are really motivated! Diana-please rest and get over your sinus infection! Have you tried a towel over a bowel of boiled water? That helps get the sinus fluid moving. Just a suggestion as Cathe says. Your new car sounds awesome! Fembot-I'm glad you're getting some good rides in. It's too cold for me here in NorthCentral PA. My husband and I ride, too. But our cutoff temp is 60 degrees!

The last two days I did Crossfire on Friday and Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders today. This finishes two rounds of the Slow and Heavy workouts and it's enough for me. I think the next two weeks I'll do more Circuits and Cardio to try to counter the holiday and hibernating carb cravings I get in the winter. There was an inch of snow on my car this morning. So I was scraping at 5:15 AM. It's my weekend to work so I'm off to an early dinner and then to bed.

TTYS,

Beth

Thanks Beth! But I didn't work out a ton, I just didn't have the time. And the calorie levels are around 1200, and I felt it trying to do Supercuts this morning before breakfast...So my workouts M-F were:

M-W-none
Th-Intensity Step only, 331 calorie burn in 36 min
F-PUB premix up only, 313 calorie burn in 40 min
S-Supercuts premix first part, 275 calorie burn in 28 min and then just now Legs bonus barre, 126 calorie burn in 15 min, I'm aiming for 400 calories burned because that's what 21 day fix is.

We managed a 30 mile ride in 34 degree weather this morning. We'll try to get out for a longer ride tomorrow. This week will be my last week of STS pyramid rotation. I wonder who has the longest run for an STS rotation? I'm sure someone has done it for a year or longer. Hard to believe I've been at it for almost half a year. It sounds like the new workouts will be arriving just in time for my next rotation! :D

LL, congrats on the weight loss! :)

Diana, sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. My DS is going through the same thing, it seemed like he was starting to get over it and then it came back full force. :(

Beth, after two weeks of S&H you must be in the mood for workouts that move quickly. I'm so bummed that we have to break out the ice scrapers again. It seems like I just packed those away.:confused: What do you do for work? Is it nursing?

Hi Ladies,

I seriously spent the whole day in bed on Saturday. I did go shopping with DH & DS to get some jeans, but was back in bed after that. My head was killing me and I had no energy. Today I was up at 5:30, but didn't start my w/o until 9ish or so. I did the next STS disc, can't remember the number but it was back & biceps. Feeling pretty good I opted for X77. Well I obviously bit off more than I could chew and gave it up at the 60 minute mark. I'm heading out to go grocery shopping and have some laundry to do.

LL-Nice job with the nutrition plan, it really all falls back on the nutrition anyway. Why not try to follow the plan for a couple more weeks, perhaps just adding 200-300 calories in the form of protein snacks such as fage 0% yogurt or nuts etc. 1200 cals is very low and not recommended to stay at for very long.

Beth-way to go with S&H. It's hard to stay with that type of training for too long, but they are very effective. Great job! What do you do for a living? Scraping at 5:15am sounds awful. I'm so thankful my vehicle fits in the garage. DH's truck is too long so he has to warm up and scrap his vehicle in the winter. Yep, I've been doing the warm compresses, head over the bowl of steam etc. It all helps for a short time. I've had the best results with circuits lately so I've been incorporating them into my rotations.

Tina-yep, I started feeling better to them BAM, it was back full force. I'm feeling a bit better today but don't want to push it too much. I do feel better being up and around. Wow, I can't believe you ride when it is so cold. They would not be very pleasurable for me. You are awesome!

Laura-what are you up to????

Jacque-how was your weekend???

waving hi to Wendy!

Fembot- thanks! I just hope I can keep it off!

Diana-I did change up my food today:
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with cheese and 1 chicken and apple sausage link
Snack: 14g unsalted cashews
Lunch: 3/4c chicken in a whole wheat tortilla wrap, 1c green salad with 1T sunflower seeds and 1T homemade Asian dressing
Snack: Tera's Whey protein with water, 1 frozen banana, 1t peanut butter
Dinner: 1c green salad with balsamic, 1/2c brown rice cooked in chicken broth topped with chicken stir fry with veggies (1 3/4c)

Today's workout: XTrain: Bis and Tris + core 1- 56 min and 436 calories burned.

This week's workout plan:
M-LIS LIC-42 min 409 calories
T- LIS Turbo barre - 57 min- 407 cal
W-X10 X38- 38 min-394 cal
Th-XTrain CBS premix 6 (1-6+core)- 51 min- 397 cal
F-HiiT-30 min- 386 cal
S-PRS1 54 min-490 cal

I can't believe that 21 day fix for 30 EACH workout (even pilates, flat abs and yoga) burn 400 calories!!

OK, now that I've planned it all out and put it in workout manager, I probably won't get it all in! I will have to be in bed tonight by 9:30 to get up by 5 and do tomorrow's....and probably will have to be that way each night...I'm afraid I'm setting myself up to fail!

Yesterday was a 35 mile ride. Today is M1D10 and some ab work. Maybe LLA later if I have extra time to fit it in.

Diana, I hope you're back to 100% today. If you managed almost the entire X77, you must be on your way. I've only done that premix twice and won't be repeating it anytime soon, phew!:eek:

The preview clips are looking fantastic! I cannot wait for their arrival! :)

BBL to check in on everyone. Have a great day! :)

Good Morning Ladies,

I was up at 5:30 this morning, yay....that's an accomplishment after being sick for almost 2 weeks. I'll be backing that up to 5am to get back to normal as soon as possible. I did BR 30 Day Challenge Day #7, which is considered an active rest day. It was mostly body weight exercises, which are not easy IMO. Tonight I have holiday meltdown class. Going forward, I'm going to try to plan for weights on M/Th since the class is mostly cardio/circuit type work.

My rotation plans have changed yet again. Now the plan is to keep with STS until the new w/o's arrive. Meso 2 is my favorite so it works out good. I will be adding on some glute specific work since I need a lot of work in that area! The other alternative may be to add in other leg w/o's on leg day instead of STS legs.

LL-you have a great plan. Putting your workouts first thing in the morning, although early, is probably best for your hectic schedule. When my kids were younger, it really was the only time I could fit it in. Just remember that you are making this commitment to yourself and you are worth it! Your meals sound yummy.

Tina-nice job on your ride!! How was the temperature? We are supposed to warm up from the single digits into the 50's for T/W/Th which will be really nice. Well I failed to mention how many times I stopped and stared at the TV during the w/o which is why I ended up stopping early. Needless to say, my shoulders are feeling it today.

Waving good morning to Beth, Laura and Jacque! Happy Monday everyone!

Happy Monday all! Mondays are my favorite day because it's always one of my days off work. I took Sunday off and started today on the January 2014 calendar workout. I did Intensity. I did the premix of step, Hi HiiT, and Bootcamp. Tomorrow is a total body workout. STS total body is on the rotation but I kind of feel like doing MIS. I'll decide tomorrow.

Diana I'm glad you're feeling better. STS Meso 2 is my favorite too. It's fun and the workouts are not as long as Meso 1 and 3.

LadyLep, I can't believe those workouts from 21 day fix are 400 calories either. They are probably that for someone that must weigh at least 150. Your plan sounds great!

Tina/Fembot (right?) glad you're still getting good rides in! 35 miles and X77-I'd say you've got any diet damage under control!

Best to all...I'm off to experiment with getting my family to eat pizza made with 1/2 white whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour. I keep trying to find a good mix because I LOVE pizza and am trying to make it healthier.

Beth

I got in low impact challenge 42 min in this morning! I went off my eating plan a little: Applebee's post volleyball tournament, they got in second place. I need up having the sirloin with roasted potatoes and a portobello stuffed with artichoke Parmesan cream. It was on the under 600 cal. menu. Actually it was mediocre at best. I wish I had gotten the shrimp salad...

Quick update before I jump in the shower: completed Turbo Barre 57 min premix. Those abs were a killer! I had to modify some!

And Beth I forgot to mention, I'm actually over 150#. I shouldn't be at 5'9". But I'm at my lowest all year! 161.9!

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning I woke up at 5:07am, before my 5:15 alarm! I was afraid after sleeping in for 2 weeks it would be too difficult to start getting up at 5 for my workouts. That doesn't seem to be the case. Today was STS disc 16, CST.

Last night was my first night of Holiday Meltdown class. It was okay. We did 4 exercises on the Bosu, 4 using the VIPR, and 4 using tubing, along with running in between. It was a circuit but it was 2 minutes of work for each activity which is too long IMO. Most folks, myself included can't do repetetive exercise for 2 minutes. The form starts falling apart or you simply stop because you cannot continue. 50 seconds of work is the most I think we should be doing per exercise.

Beth-how did your pizza turn out? Did the family like it? The January rotations are usually really good, enjoy. Will you be starting the new w/o when they arrive?

LL-Way to go with Turbo Barre!! TBH, I may have only done this a couple times, just not my style I guess. Thankfully Cathe gives us lots of variety to choose from. Nice job with eating out too. That's always tough but it sounds like you made a good choice.

Hi to Jacque, Laura & Tina.

Today was RK this morning and YR this evening w/ DH. It is absolutely freezing here and had to really bundle up for a walk tonight. I think we will have to set up the bike trainers this week (boo!) and bust out some spin dvd's. I'm ready to move south.

Diana, sounds like you're finally all better. Awesome that you're continuing with STS. Will you stop when the new workouts arrive or just add them on to STS?

LL, I was just thinking of adding some of TB to my STS workout tomorrow. I might do one of the time saver premixes with the abs included. Sounds like you're really motivated for this class reunion, way to go on your nutrition plan. :)

Beth, I love making home made pizza. I've tried dozens of different crust recipes and have found the simplest recipe is everyone's favorite. We did a Mexican pizza last time with salsa, taco cheese, green peppers, corn, and black beans. There were no leftovers. Did you end up doing MIS or STS TB? I haven't done MIS in years, I might have to break that out soon.

I'll check back in on everyone tomorrow. :)

Hey Ladies ..

sorry I have been MIA .. LIFE!!! yes .. busy and still stressing out .. short handed this week at work .. today is first slower day we have had in a while and it is still busy as you know what!!

have been doing my workouts - pi-yo or T-25 during the week - and a good run on the weekend with my personal trainer Brutus .. LOL! We (as most of you are) are in the DEEP FREEZE .... it was 19 degrees this morning .. BBBRRRRR .. at least we dont have the snow that some of you are dealing with .. it would shut us down .. LOL! My outside babies have been getting to come inside and man oh man do they love it .. they are perfect angels .. LOL!!!

I will try to get back for personals .. but just wanted to say .. I am alive ... have a great one ..

Hi Ladies,

I was up at 5:05 this morning. May as well set my alarm back the normal 5am! It was BR Day 8 of the 30 day challenge today. Yesterday's 100 challenge was speed squats and today is deadlifts!

Tina-nice job with RK!! For the life of me I can't figure out what YR is, you'll have to fill me in. Those spin w/o's are no joke. Even though you have use your trainers you will still be getting a great w/o! I'm pyramiding down the STS rotation. I did all 3 mesocyles and decided to stick with those for a bit longer. Hopefully I'll finish Meso 2 before the new w/o's arrive. I haven't decided if I want to do Meso 1 again as they are kind of long for morning w/o's.

Laura-yay, you popped in! Sorry for the freezing cold spell you are under. We had that last week, for a few days this week we are in the 50's and sunny.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.