Damage Control May Month :)

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

Just starting the new thread off. I was gonna check in to the other one...forgetting:eek: Another month over....where does the time go?

Yesterday I went for a run with DH. He did pretty good. He stopped at 6.4k and I continued on and ended up running just over 11k. Its a nice day here so I was thinking about taking the baby out for a run. We shall see what happens.

Going to see what I missed yesterday!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did Lower Body Blast and then ran a little over 4 miles at lunch. The temperature was perfect, sunny and low 70's with a slight breeze. This morning I'm doing UB Trisets and have run/swim tonight.

I slept great last night...all night! That doesn't happen very often without sleep aids.

Lori-how nice you got DH to run with you! Hope you get out again today. Is Rylan jealous that he doesn't get to come running with you now?

Morning to Laura & Wendy!

I'll pop in later to see what everyone is up to.

Morning - Happy May day!!!

Morning Ladies -

ystdy was INSANITY at the Asylum here! Today is going to be the same probably .. FIRST of month - checks drop .. this entire week will be bad .. and we are still shorthanded UGH!

Ystdy - I did go for a run - cut it short - 5 miles - it was 94+ degrees out - sun beaming down - and HOT .. I was dripping sweat ...geesh!! Summer is here - today is to be same temps -so I am going to CC and do some much needed heavy weights!!! YES I know I WILL be sore and complaining .. havent been since before our vaca!

Lori - I took DH ONCE to run with me - he made it about 2 miles and said .. Ok that is enough _ i said - ok I am gonna finish - I CAN STILL see the look on his face .. LOLOLOLOLOLOL .. he later admitted he went and laid out on the steps and coudlnt believe I was going more!! LOL

Di - GREAT .. good sleep - not much bette! You needed it .. bet you feel a ton better today!!

Hello to Wendy ---

OK - gotta jet - we are super busy - will try to bbl .. MAYBE .. have a great one .. and great sweaty workouts!!

Hola Chicas. :)

I went food shopping first thing this morning after dropping DS off at school and then did my work out. I started with about 25 minutes of KPC (w/u plus first two kicking and punching combos wearing weighted gloves) and followed that up with the first 55 minutes of Yoga X! :D

My first day back on the WW bandwagon went well y'day.:) Let's hope that the rest of the week follows suit!!!

I posted the link to tonight's dinner on FB for those who are interested, Diana!;) It's a skinny taste stuffed cabbage recipe but it's NOT stuffed. It's made casserole style which is MUCH easier! :p

Laura:: Holy HOT Run girlfriend!!!:eek: Sometimes I don't know if you are talking about your job or the work outs when you talk about ISANITY and the ASYLUM and I have to read it a second time to figure it out! LOL

Lori:: Kudos to your DH for running with you! I got my DH to agree to doing some 5k's with me. I'm attempting to talk him into trying his hand at an HM but so far I've been unsuccessful! :p Enjoy your run today if you go for one!:)

Diana:: Nice lunch time run y'day. :) Glad you were able to sleep well. I have been the opposite the past couple of nights...constantly waking up because I'm too warm and sweating. The other night I finally opened the window and turned on a 2nd fan but last night I was too lazy so I just suffered through it...:rolleyes:

heavy weights - eeeouch!

OK .. so miss whimpy .. is making note to self NOT to skip any more heavy weight workouts . geesh .. my legs are FRIED!!!

Wendy .. LOL .. it is an ASYLUM here at work :eek: always on a full moon and first of month .. it is INSANITY AT THE WORK ASYLUM!!!!.. Now granted .. if I DO the Asylum workout .. I will make sure to post SEANS Asylum WORKOUT.. to keep it straight how bout thAt!! :p ;)

Seans Asylum is LOTS more fun than my WORK asylum

I can see how it is confusing .. LOL ..one is a mental workout ..creating stress... the other is a body workout .. releasing stress .. LOLOLOLOLOL:p:p:p:p

Hi Girls:)

Today's workout was 1/2 of HR and 30 mins on the TM. I started working out as soon as my training session was over and had to stop a few times:confused: But I go it done.

I am just hanging out at home with the baby. DH went to work,DS is with his grandparents and DD took the dog for a walk. I need to get to bed early tonight cause I had a headache most of the day and am pretty lazy right now.

Diana** I don't know how I managed to not attack someone the last few days with little sleep. Im pretty moody when Im sleepy...maybe they all had enough sense to leave me alone:eek:

Wendy** Happy belated birthday!!! Hope you have a good one. I have to say, I don't really enjoy the new WW's program. I know I wouldn't have lost weight eating 40 points a day. I enjoyed it when I followed it after I had DS and was given 30 points and fruits and veggies were counted. Now I am just doing my own thing. Im sure the scale will be kind to you!

Laura** DH did good....I must say, I was impressed. The furthest he has to run in training is 10k and realistically that's plenty for most. Oh...kidney stones:mad: When I was up with the baby on Sat night my back started to hurt, just below my ribs and I started to worry. Its been about 14 yrs since I had a kidney stone and I really don't want to relive that again. It disappeared after, thankgoodness.

I will bb tomorrow!

Good Morning Glories.

Today's work out plan was going to be either Bob's Totally Ripped Core or a f/b heavy weight work out along with the next ITread 20 min work out that's on my ipod. I was hoping for the weights today but I still have kettlebell legs and I want to be careful of my wrist today just incase (see below) so TRC and a run it will be! I will do the weight work out on Friday or Saturday. :)

So IDK if anyone read on FB but while practing crane pose y'day during yoga I started losing my balance and ended up falling foward. I didn't hurt my head as Tony always warns about-I caught myself before it hit the ground BUT I sure did a number on my wrists! OUCH! My right one especially! By y'day afternoon it was KILLING me!:( I began icing it and iced it on and off for a few hours and it was feeling better but a little while after I stopped it began hurting again so I was worried...Well thankfully this morning all seems to be on the mend! Only bothering me a slight bit! :D

Lori:: LOL, I can't lose weight eating 40 WW points consistently either, girl! When I did it last year and lost the weight initially I was given 29 daily points. Everything else was extra that I used if/when I needed it but that was far from every day! They've since adjusted the program and now I'm only supposed to eat 26 points a day. HAH! I will starve :eek: so I am still following a 29 point plan. The point value of the foods I eat hasn't changed so it won't make a difference. They even say you can still use the previous values if the new ones don't work for you. All that being said, if you can lose the weight w/o the program the more power to you! :D

Laura:: Thank you for clearing that up for me!;)

Gotta go for now. BBL!:cool:

I'm starting to feel a little less tired with each nights sleep:rolleyes: Not that I am getting a full nights sleep or anything but I am still trying to catch up from the weekend past. So I am enjoying my coffee while the baby lies on the bed and DS is still a sleep. I keep hoping for a good sleep and then go for a run before DH leaves for work but that never happens.

I have training again this morning for the 3rd morning in a row....then I get a break cause she has to work the rest of the week. It really throws a monkey wrench in my workouts cause I enjoy working out in the morning and doing something in the afternoon. But it looks as if I will be working out this afternoon again....and I have no clue what I am going to do. Maybe the remainer of HR and a run.

Wendy** I thought I could follow the program while just doing it the old way and still log everything in. But b/c I had all these extra points I would have a treat and not add it in. I need to be super strict and everything to go perfect if I follow the plan and have to log everything. If I know I have made a error or something isn't right, then I get all thrown off. I'm weird like that. I probably only have another month left to that membership. Hope your wrist doesn't cause you any grief today. My knee started feeling funny during AB during certain moves...and I have a weird pain in my A$$ and its not a good one! LOL

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

I finally get to work from home today. I've been put on a project and I needed to be in the office for some training and assistance. Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm working from home today! I plan on cooking dinner, a skinny tast recipe my family loves...chicken enchilada soup.

Early conference call today so I'm doing a BR w/o. I'm going to review the BR 30 day challenge and may do that this month. If you haven't been on their site you should check it out. They have a new guest host who's going to be doing yoga/flow. My workout will be: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

On the job front, HR called me last night and said they re-graded the position I applied for so they had to repost it. She also said I was in the running but to make sure I re-apply for the new posting.

Lori-you are back to training, good for you. Putting that certification to good use! Morning workouts are the best, that way you have the rest of your day to do whatever.

Wendy-Oh my, hope your wrist injury isn't anything serious. I'm tracking on WW off and on too. Every now and then they lower my points from 26 to 23...weird. I guess it would be similar to calorie or carb cycling. Your foods didn't change points, hhmmm. Most of mine went up. The Thomas low carb sandwich thins used to be 1 pt and now they are 3.

Laura-I love that you call your work the asylum, makes me laugh every time I hear it! I don't know how you can run in that heat girl, about 80 is all I can take and even then I don't feel too good running.

gotta run...bbl

Hello Ladies.

Totally Ripped Core and X-Train Stretch is done. I am feeling pretty sore and tired today and it showed b/c TRC felt tougher then it should have. That being said, I had planned on a short run today but I will likely save it for tmrw instead. I think next week I need to recover a bit...This Bob, yoga, running combination is kicking my azz!:eek:

Diana:: Glad you are finally able to WFH. I WFH every day right now. ;) LOL Let me know how the soup is! Sounds yummy! Yeah for whatever reason I have yet to find any point values on foods I eat that have changed since WW adjusted it's progam!? I am not complaining mind you!:p Thanks re my wrist. I was really worried last night but judging by how it's been acting today I think I am going to be perfectly fine very soon. Any twinges of pain have been mild and few and far between. I didn't feel any discomfort at all during my work out even!:)

Lori:: So um...I hope that wierd azz pain you are experiencing goes away soon! LOL :p Lots of people who used WW before they completely re-did the points system don't like it anymore. I never did it the old way so I don't have that issue. My sister went on WW years ago after she had her second child. She lost a ton of weight and looked fabulous! That said though, I still think the new way is better personally b/c it takes nutrtional value of your foods into consideration where the old version was strictly by calorie count IIRC. Oh well. To each his/her own I say! You certainly never had a problem keeping your weight in check so I don't think you have to worry about letting your WW membership expire. You'll be just fine!:)

That's all for now! BBL!:cool:

WED - hump day

re: asylum - ok i need to send video of my typical work day .. especially at first of month .. YOU WILL KNOW why I call this place the asylum .. LOL .. GEESH .. insane crazy people!! :eek:

So ystdy after heavy weights fried me .. DH was not done in town .. so I went ahead and went for run .. felt strong .. was gonna cut it real short .. but ended up going 4 1/2 miles ... 43 minutes :D it was HOT tho .. 95 ystdy!! :eek: :mad:

Lori - when I get kidney pains .. is is severe back pains on either side of my spine in middle .. glad you didnt have a stone .. once you have one .. the very thought of another makes you flinch in pain .. LOL!!!

Wendy - watch those crane poses girlie .. yikes .. glad your neck and head wasnt hurt .. and hoping your wrist is ok! you have been adding lots of yoga heere lately .. something I NEED to do . . WTG!!

Di - I need to find some time to get to the BR site .. adding yoga flow .. wow . .. sounds awesome!

OK ..better run .. it has taken forever to write this ... tonight SIL are supposed to meet and exercise .. IF I can balance ... not sure what is on the agenda .. either Cathe or Bob or Jillian :eek: ok .. have a great one!

Morning Ladies,

This morning will be cardio of choice and tonight is bike/swim. Me and a few of the girls in my class are going to do the ride/run portion of the tri on Saturday. I want to be very comfortable with the route. The plan is to ride the 12 mile route and run 2 miles. We aren't riding for time since there will be traffic on the route but during the actual tri the roads will be closed to traffic.

Laura-you are a crazy girl for running in that heat...probably from all your years in the asylum!;) Make sure you are drinking plenty of water before, during and after your HEATED runs. What w/o did you & SIL decide to do?

Wendy-have you checked out the BR site? Yoga Flow is on M/W/F, you might want to check it out and give us your review.:p I do like the new WW plan but do tend to add points for fruit if I eat a lot of fruit in a day...sometimes I do.

Lori-you have never been one with a weight issue...you probably don't need WW as you can be good on your own! How far do you plan on running today?

Gotta get my butt in gear before I run out of time to w/o.

bbl

THURS

Well -forced rest day ystdy - had a friend that is in "funk" - had to check on her - another forced rest day today - :mad::mad::mad: same friend - needs cheering up - wearing heart on sleeve - depressed and having pitty party kinda - meeting close friends for drinks after work - THIS BETTER CHEER HER UP if I am missing yet another workout .. *sigh* .. i have errands to run - gotta get supplies for a baby shower I am helping to give SAT ... BUT TMRW will be LONG run!!!

Di - yes this heat is aweful - makes for miserable run - yes I am drinking water!! PLENTY of it!

It is third of month - I am at my desk playing catch up have another girl from another office helping on counter - so I can get some work caught up!

OK . will try to bbl to see what everyone is up to .. have a great one!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Late check in for me but atleast I can say that my work out is done! :D

Itread 20 min #4 + BL Weight Loss Yoga (20 min) + STS Ext Stretch.

Di:: Good idea to give the bike route a go ahead of time. Nice work out on tap for today. I eat a lot of "free" fruit on WW (5 pieces a day on average) and never had a problem but some people can't do that unless they figure in a point value for it or just avoid it. IDT I could be successful if I didn't have fruit to fall back on. Just the pointed foods alone aren't enough for me when I'm trying to lose. :( I looked at a yoga flow vid on BR and wasn't a fan. TBH, I am becoming less and less a fan of BR as time goes by. I liked it when Lisa first came on board but now they've cluttered up the site and made the work outs confusing IMO. I am sure they are still kick azz work outs but when I get back around to work outs like that I will be more inclined to using the older stuff or doing a ZWOW instead. I STILL haven't tried a w/o from Loving Fit btw! :rolleyes:

Laura:: Hope your "funky" friend feels better and hope you have fun tonight! Sorry you missed your work out! I know how frustrating that can be when it's not a work out that YOU chose to miss. :mad: Thanks re my wrist! Seems to be 100% already! Yay! Guess it felt worse then it really was and thank goodness!:)

Hi Lori!

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Girls,

I started checking in earlier and I never finished it:mad:

Yesterday's workout was 30 mins on the TM, about 10 mins on the bike and then I had to get the kids lunch....After I cleaned up from that I managed to finish the rest of HR. Today's workout was 35 mins on the TM and HSC. I was sweating buckets!

We went to walmart this afternoon and after I leave I always feel like I should head to church! LOL Taking kids isn't ideal and people are idiots. When I left the truck parked next to me was so close that I couldn't get the baby's car seat in the car..so I may have sputtered a few choice words!:eek: Anyway.....

Laura** Oh....its been a few years but I still remember what that pain felt like. They compare it to labor or people say its worse then labor. I can see that....the only thing is there is something to look forward to after labor! Kidney stone pain is for no good reason. Ive worked with people who are prone to getting them and its not nice. Hope you get your long run in tomorrow. Sometimes life just gets in the way!

Wendy** How is the running going???

Diana** So did you have a job interview and now you have to go through that all over again? That would suck!! Hope you have a good bike ride on Sat!!!

I will probably bb tomorrow!

I was the last one to check in and not a lot to report. Not sure what today's workout will be. If DS goes to preschool (which he should) I may take the baby outside for a run. It looks ok out....but it could be freezing, can't really tell from looking out the window. If not I will head to my basement for something!

I don't think we have any plans for the weekend yet. We don't have that many weekends before DH leaves and we have to have the baby's baptismal, a going away party and we wanted to go into the city for a weekend. And it would also be nice to not to anything on the other weekends, esp the weekend before he leaves.

I will bbl to report my workout!

Hello Ladies.

Had one of those "I don't wanna" mornings where no work out looked good to me. :confused::( So after much hemming, hawing and whining to myself I finally settled on BH Kettlebell Cardio Shred since I had never done it before. It's a far cry from the type of work out I was SUPPOSED to do which was heavy f/b weights but oh well. I'll live!:p I enjoyed the work out alot! I am strongly considering doing a modified version of Bob's new 30 day rotation after a brief recovery period next week! :D

Lori:: Hope you enjoyed whatever work out you decided to do!:)

BBL!:cool:

TGIF!!!

Hi Ladies,

We rode hills in class last night, call me crazy but I'd much rather ride up than down. I don't like going fast, probably not a good thing since I'm going to be racing!:confused: My legs were tired riding up that last hill and then we had to swim.

This morning AfterBurn kicked my butt. I hope to someday get through this w/o without having to pause to catch my breath!

Wendy-so does Bob have rotations on his site??? Seriously, I don't even know why I'm asking since I don't have time to throw anything else into the mix right now. Glad you got in a workout even though you weren't feeleing like it.

Lori-good planning on your part to spend the remaining weekends with DH before he heads to training. Will he be home in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas? I don't think I will have to re-interview, just re-apply since it is another job number.

Laura-you are a good friend for missing your workout to take care of someone else. I'm sure she appreciates it.
bbl

TGIF ./.

INSANITY AT THE (work) ASYLUM again .. come on 5 o'clock!! GEESh .. we are coming up on FULL moon .. like a huge strong full moon .. and I can tell it big time!! yikes!!!

Last night went OK - my friend is in a funk - I think still in the greiving process and not doing well with it - IDK what to do - *sigh* -

I did have plenty of CABS .. :p ;) :D they were FINE!

Today hoping to get in a run .. after work .. if it is not raining . yes it is HOT .. but hoping for a good run anyway! tmrw will be another forced rest day .. have a baby shower I am giving .. UGH .. maybe I can do a short BR workout before I leave in morning .. SUN will be CATHE w.SIL .. YIKES .. she is gonna kill me .. I was sore a week from AB last time .. LOL!

Wendy - so you are loving you some BH now!! :p it is a love hate thing .. him and his evil laugh!!!! :p

Lori - man cold? it is sooooo hot here .. feels like summer big time!!

Di - OK girlie .. you gotta LUV getting some speed up on your bike .. it is called a RACE for a reason .. :p .. but I know what you mean ... when I speed up down hill running .. I get that .. OH CRAP .. dont fall .. dont fall dont fall .. fear!!!!

OK .. gotta jet .. have a great one .. will touch base this weekend .. ;) .. on my NEW laptop ... woot woot!! :eek: :D

I wish I had someone to bring another coffee to me! I'm feeding the baby, DH is gone for a run and my phone isn't handy to text DD:eek: I just ate my breakfast so I am hoping to get out for a run in the next hour or so. Hoping to do a long one.

Yesterday I waited all day to go for a run outside b/c DS was going to a friends house. Of course as soon as she picked him up it started to rain:mad: It was also windy and chilly but I would have survived. I didn't want to take the baby in the rain though so I went to the basement:confused: I did 25 mins on the TM and 40/20 and 30/30. I haven't done those workouts in at least a year. I had so much fun doing them.

Wendy** I hate it when I can't decide which workout to do. I usually start on the TM and stare and my dvds until I figure it out and it usually results in a circuit, which I always enjoy.

Diana** Thats good that you don't have to go through the whole interview process again! When I logged into FB this morning I saw a link for a tri that is offered here. Only 64 people participated last year. It would be fun to do but I don't really have the time or the right equipment for it. so that's my excuse:D Are your legs sore from all the hills?

Laura** Oh its def not summer in my neck of the woods! I think a couple of days this week there were snowflakes falling! Its foggy today and it looks like misty rain....nice running weather actually. I will get the report from DH when he returns.

Looks like Im gonna have to get my own coffee! Whats the world coming to??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.