***DAMAGE CONTROL***January

Hi Ladies,

No workout this morning, didn't sleep very well...UGH:mad:

Wendy-I watched the whole BR w/o and am so jealous that I can't join in this 30 day challenge with you. Although I really liked Zuzanna, I really enjoy the new format with Lisa. She is very inspiring and motivating! Keep up the good work!

bbl

Diana:: Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I know what it's like. :( Yup, I adore Lisa but they are looking for other hosts I think. :( Though maybe her and Sean will be permanent hosts and then they will have "guest" hosts to mix it up now and then? That would be cool. ;) Wish Z. would make a "guest appearance" too. :)

THURS

Hey girlies ..

was in a meeting all morning - my butt is sore from running yesterday .. :p - I ate red meat for first time last night .. and my tummy did not like it - it kept me up .. so I didnt get up and exercise .. and today it has been REBELLING :mad: dang it! so today is forced rest day!!! I gotta leave early to get ready for the banquet tonight .. hope my tummy isnt swollen bad!! *sigh*

Wendy - i love Lisa as the host .. she is motivating .. and has an awesome body - no not perfect like Zuzana .. but nearly perfect!!! LOL cant wait to start doing some of the stuff .. maybe my tummy will start cooperating .. crap!!!

Di - we both are sleep deprived then .. geesh .. yes I will be doing the rotation w/you and WEndy .. but I am sure it will be MY variation of the rotation LOL!!!

OK .. better run .. have a great one .. gotta jet!;)

TGIF!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I was up late last night working, but slept great! This morning will be GS BSB and 100 kb swings.

I braved the scale this morning, the first time since my surgery on Dec 19th. I am up 6 pounds even. My focus will be on clean eating, plenty of fruits and veggies, and tons of water. I'm sure a few good sweatfests would help but that's not going to happen to yet. 10 more days til my next Dr. appt. and I'll find out how much longer. At this time, my foot is too swollen to fit in a shoe and my toes can't bend back as needed for proper walking, running or cardio. They will x-ray my foot and if the bones are fused together, I can get rid of the boot.

Laura-you need to stick with soup for a couple days my dear and give you tummy time adjust. Hope you are feeling better today! We all kind of put our own spin on the rotations to make them work for each of us.

Wendy-I'm considering trying to do the modified versions of BR, but I'm afraid there is too much I can't do to make it worth while. I'm guessing you BR'd today!:p

bbl

Good Morning Girls.

Well I re-arranged my schedule this wk b/c I am going to the gym with DH tmrw to work heavy legs/chest and the BR Challenge usually has me working legs TODAY. Not a good combo right? :eek: So I went to bed early and got up a bit earlier in order to do a Cathe work out instead of BR and planned to do this missed BR another day this week. Well ofcourse the BR work out finally got posted and dagnamit Sean's weight work out isn't posted! GRRRR. Well I was up so I did a Cathe anyway. I'll just do today's BR before I go to the gym tmrw. I was planning on doing one tmrw anyway. :rolleyes:

So anyway, I chose Cardio Core Circuit. I did the entire thing as produced. It had been ages since I had the nerve to dust that one off coz it's just SOOO hard! :eek: Well I got through and much to my surprise, it's actually gotten a LITTLE BIT EASIER! YAY!:D

Laura:: How was the banquet..and your belly? Hope you are feeling better!

Diana:: SURPRISE! I didn't BR today! :p I hope you are able to de-boot after the next doc apptmnt! Sorry about the 6 pounds but you will be able to shed them once the boot is off and you can resume normal work outs (and eating) again!!! I would gain too so don't feel bad!

Last edited:
TGIF

Hey Ladies ..

The banquet was very nice .. they took pics .. and ours WAS AWFUL .. I told DH we both looked OLD .. and WHITE .. and fat!!! :( :confused: :( :mad::mad: TERRIBLE .... but we had a great time .... and the food was awesome .. I won a gift certificate to Olive Garden :eek: :D:D:D (like I need it)

It is DREARY out today - cold wet and depressing - I have PMS monster on me ... I drank some crown and sprite last night .. something I dont do often .. and I dont want to be here today .. LOL ... I am on counter - and it is busy too .. UGH!!!! I dont have hangover .. only had 2 drinks ... but can tell I drank crown .. LOL!!!!

WEndy - LOVE cardio core circuits .. that is one of my favs .. and yes seems it is easier now than it used to be .. but still a KILLER workout .. SIL and I are gonna prbly join the community center - they have a nice gym and equiptment .. so I hope to get back to heavy legs myself!

Di - hope you get to DE boot soon!! LOL ....until then .. you can always pick and choose the BR segemnts you CAN do ... that should work ..

OK .. it is lunch already .. gotta jet .. have a great one .. will BBL to see what everyone is up to ... ;)

Laura:: I hate most pics of myself so no worries. You are always your own worst critic! I'm sure that you don't look fat! :mad: I was HOPING I would hear that you did a BR work out this morning but at this rate Diana will be doing one before you!!! :p Yay for joining the community center with SIL. I am still hemming and hawing over joining the gym that DH belongs to. Decisions decisions! :rolleyes: Crown as in Crown Royal? That's what DH has been drinking lately when we have family game night on fri/sat nights the past few weeks. He's been suckin' em down! LOL He went through the big bottle of CR in only a few weeks and bought his second bottle last weekend! I am working on the same size bottle of CM from the beginning and it still won't be gone for another couple of weeks! :eek:

Diana:: I forgot you had mentioned trying a BR while you were still in your boot when I w/b before...look for one that is all or mostly strength work for starters. Those will be the easiest to modify I think. Also more upper then lower body ofcourse! Let us know what you come up with! :)

Last edited:
WOW

OK .. i got back from lunch had an email from the community center they had heard I quit at the other gym .. and said they have 2 days - time slots for my classes :eek: WOW!!! and want me to consider teaching there .... :eek:

now .. decisions decisions .. so much for the BREAK .. but i am not gonna rush into anything .. gonna take my time and think about it .. :eek:

Laura,

That's awesome! 2 days a week only IS a break! I am not saying you should definitely do it but if you love teaching and just hated the gym you were at then definitely consider it. I'll bet your students would be thrilled! OTOH if you are burnt out on teaching and just "done" for now then don't feel like you have to do it! Just awesome that you are being sought after so quickly! Something to be proud of!!!!:D

Hi Ladies,

I spent a relaxing evening with DH. We watched an old favorite, The Italian Job. The night before we watched Contagion, good movie.

Today will be abs and legs...somehow I will work legs!:) Daily weighing is back for me....had to laugh this morning since i'm down .1. Will start following tiers 1 & 2 of michi's ladder for a couple weeks to help me get back on track with clean eating.

The rest of my day will be filled with chores. No one has taken the recycle since my surgery...it is overflowing all over in the garage. I also need to pick up the girls room and go through all the bins in the basement before we put all our xmas and other stuff back under the stairs. DS2 stacked bins on my elliptical and I'm guessing that will be used for my cardio for a few weeks.

Wendy-thanks for the Zuzana link. Why do people have to be so hateful. I'm glad she's back! What do you have planned for the day?

Laura-I think the community center sounds like a great opportunity. It's only 2x/wk. Maybe you could teach on a trial basis to make sure it's a good fit for you...and I'm sure your clients would be happy to follow there.

Lori-I've seen your countdown of FB....what happens if you go past your due date...hate to think of that happening.:D Hang in there, running shoes are awaiting!!

bbl

sat

Hey girls..

Ysty was busy busy...and then i was out of balance..so had long afternoon.ugh

Today is rainy...sil and another friend are coming over we afe gonna do pyramid hiit..and sts tb...:eek:....gotta get to cleaning up house...

Wendy i saw Zuzana post...she is awesome..i cant beleive the people commenting about her gaining weight and no abs..ummmmmmm as if they have her body ...ever in their lifetime..geesh...i mean she has only been away for a cple mnths..bet she prbly has not gained 5 pounds...and still has a better body than anyone could ever ask for...love that she is back!!!

Di...congrats on the pound loss..hey a pound is pound. Lol...

Lori..getting close now...

Ok..gotta get busy...before my girls get here...have a great one

Hi ladies,

GS Legs Stability segment (most of it), coremax 3 and 100-30#kb swings are done. My post op shoe broke my purple band today. Will be ordering more of those from this site. Trying motivate myself to do some chores.

Laura-sorry to disappoint, but I'm only down 1/10 of pound, .1. You missed the decimal point. Eating is good so far today.

bbl

Evening Ladies.

Did Week 3 Day 3 of the BR Challenge today. It included a weight work out which I had to forgo until another day b/c DH and I are going to the gym tmrw but it was still a great sweat! :D I had hoped to add on Z's first WOD but I didn't have the time. Didn't work out until later in the day, right before I had to get ready to go out for a bit. Not sure need to add it on tmrw with a BR already scheduled PLUS heavy legs/chest at the gym so I think I will add Z. to the schedule starting Monday! :)

Just finished simple but delish dinner. Off to pour myself a little wine and relax on the couch with the remote control since I have a couple hours to myself in the house alone right now....AAAHHHHH...:)

BBL tmrw most likely!:cool:

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Well I ATTEMPTED to do Week 3 Day 4 of the BR Challenge:
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
but it just wasn't possible (for me anyway) with the dip station even tho they say you can use it (she used the equalizer). I tried to use my high step instead but it just wasn't working out. I got through most of the first round of it before throwing in the the towel and switching gears to Zuzanna's 1/22 WOD:
Zuzana Light - ZWOD 1-20-2012 (PART I) - YouTube
Good stuff! :D
THEN we went to the gym for heavy legs n chest! NICE!
Awesome work out today despite the BR glitch!;)

Time to hit the showers.

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I did most of STS Total Body today. My legs are going to be killing me for sure. I put on some very old sandals that I've used after my previous surgeries for driving only. They literally do not have any support left in them but at least my body was on even ground. Squats and deadlifts and even side slide lunges were fine. I subbed all of the lunge work for plie squats vaying the tempo each time...and my inner thighs will be sore tomorrow. I feel very accomplished!

Wendy-Wow, today's BR looks killer. I previewed the 1st ZWOD that you posted yesterday....this workout looks great! I need to figure out what to make for dinner this week and head to the grocery store soon.

bbl

sun

Hey girlies..

I am sore from sts ystdy..can tell i NEED HEAVY WEIGHT WORK.,sil,vbf, and another friend met me today...we did bob harper total body..his newest workout..WOW...itwas awesome..and my entire body is shaking and worn out...i wont b able to move tmrw..lol..think bon took the hardest parts from all his videos and put them in one workout..it had plyo..traditonal cardio..lunges squats..burpees..pushups..uppr body bunout while holding lower body holds..planks..everything...all with ZERO RESTS...wow..great wotkout

Wendy.. did u join dh gym? Working out together will b fun..me and dh used to a million years ago..

Di..so can u drive now?...

Ok..better run..i am soaking wet...and need to visit my mother for a bit...have not seen her n a while..have a great ond

Good Morning Girls,

I really thought the DOMS would be in my lower body this morning after y'day's work out but nope. It's my chest that is on fi-yah! My lower body is just barely feeling it. Go figure! Never works out the way you expect huh? :confused::rolleyes:

I was supposed to do BR Wk 3 Day 5 this morning but the odds were stacked against me so today is an unscheduled scheduled rest day...if THAT makes sense!:p

Scale has been a little over what I prefer the past couple weeks (not bad but just made me nervous that I was gaining and I do NOT want that!) but this morning it gave me a number that I liked again so YAY!:) So now let's hope I don't do anything to mess it up this week! :mad:

Laura:: No, I didn't join the gym. Going as DH's guest right now. Haven't decided what I want to do yet. Things that make ya go hmmm!:p Good job with the BH work out! He sure is tough but I just don't care for his style. Oh well. It's not like I don't have enough to keep me busy! LOL

Diana:: So didja pick dinners for the week? DH is grilling steak and chicken for us tonight and making broccolli rabbe. All I have to do is make couscous and dinner is served! :) Tues/Thurs he is not home for dinner b/c of the gym and bowling so DS and I eat simple but I have recipes picked out for wed and fri. One is a sausage casserole type deal and the other is a salmon dish. Plus I picked out an italian potato salad that has new red potatoes and green beans in it that I will use as a side for the salmon. All of these are from the Cooking Light cookbook I got for Christmas! Last night I made Rice and Bean burgers with fries for dinner. YUM! Not from cooking light or anything but I lightened it up where I could. Very tastey & still healthy and my choice of fries were Alexia sweet potato tater tots-BAKED not FRIED! ;) So it looks like you are slowly getting back to business since it appears the boot was removed! Good for you! You are on your way!!!!:D

That's all for now. Hope everyone had a nice w/e!

BBL!:cool:

PS-just an interesting story-I showed DH Zuzanna in her WOD. He has seen her a million times before on BR and he said he thinks she looks BETTER with a little bit of weight on! All of those fools who are criticizing her are nuts! They have a right to prefer her leaner but that doesn't mean she looks anything less then fantastic still!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

My lower body is definitely feeling yesterday's w/o! My abs are sore too, but I'm going to work them a bit more this morning. Kettlebell swings and ab work is on tap for this morning.

I have the boot for another week at least, they do x-rays on Jan. 30th. I really only wear the boot for work and when I go shopping. The sandal is only used for driving. My forefoot is still too swollen to put on regular shoe, but I keep trying everyday though. I managed to get my foot into a slip-on pair of shoes but it hurt so bad I took it off after about a minute. Driving is a tad painful yet manageable for short distances.

Wendy-have you looked at getting a punch card for the gym? That's what I have for one of my rec ctrs. I know it's more expensive, but I'm only paying for what I use. Two dinners are planned, Pork Tenderloin & Veggies and grilled London Broil. Although not my favorite, we will probably have pasta one night too. I think Z is amazing, can't believe how rude some folks can be. What happened to constructive criticism???

Laura-Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful workout weekend!!! Bob Harpers workouts are structured different than most and I'm always dying when I do them. I start out with heavier weight and soon I'm dropping down more and more wt. I'll have to look for this new w/o.

Lori-keep us posted....can't wait to see pics of "Blue".

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.