***DAMAGE CONTROL***January

Hi Ladies,

My workout will have to be done tonight. I have early meetings today and tomorrow and am hitching a ride with a coworker today and tomorrow. Tonight will be 4DS Chest & Back, and maybe even legs-floor work only though.

Wendy-enjoy your rest day! Yeah, I ordered the dipstation from the link on the BR site. I received another email from them yesterday, although it isn't a shipping notice it probably shipped.

Laura-a new person is a good sign. Maybe the owners have heard that you are planning on leaving because of the way they treat you and their members and are trying to be better. DH and DS watched the game last night....Good for Alabama, but sorry you have to hear about it for the next year!

Hi Lori and Allee!

bbl

Diana:: When I got the dip station it was on back order but I didn't know it until I questioned them b/c I had not received a shipping notice after several days so just keep that in mind! Speaking of the dip station, I keep forgetting, I need to have DH put it on the narrower setting for me. I can't seem to get one of the pins to snap into place for the narrower setting so I'm using it wider and I think it might be a bit too wide...Jen (IrishRose) is signing up for an 8 week BootCamp class with her friend and her sister this week. You must be rubbing off on her! ;) She doesn't think it's going to be super intense like yours though. She feels it will be more of an intermediate level. She's fine with that though.

Laura:: Sorry your team lost. Enjoy your class tonight. How cool would it be if you opened up your own aerobics studio!? OMG that would be so awesome! :D

Wendy/Laura-definitely need Laura to open her own studio, then we can have a damage control road trip at Laura's studio!!!:D:D:D

Good Morning Ladies.

Today was wk 2 day 1 of the BR challenge for me. Two work outs. One was a timed weight/cardio circuit and the other a 12 min long cardio interval circuit of 4 exercises done 3x thru for 10s rest/50s work intervals. Usually the interval circuit is done first but I went for the weight work first today. Good stuff! I posted the link on FB if you want to check it out! :)

BBIAB!:cool:

Last edited:
WED

Hello Ladies ..

WEll .. class was TUFF .. DOMS arms, chest and core!! :D on the down side .. one of the fans has been loose .. well instead of fixing it the took it down :confused:.. the clock fell off the wall .. instead of fixing and putting back up .. they sit it on floor .. :confused: .. OK .. I am about past my limit of toleration!@! thinking NEXT week is it!! I AM DONE!!!:mad:

Wendy .. think SIL and I are gonna start the STS LiiT rotation SAT .. woot woot!!! wtih some p90x2 thrown in for good measure .. :D

Di ... I sooooo wish I could have my own place .. and do it like I KNOW will work ... *sigh* .... would be so cool to have a Laura's Road Trip!! :D:D:D

OK .. I am up front and we are busy .. today is a rest day ... we are having a GGT tonight for my friend w "C" .. celebrating her brithday!!! have a great one!! ;)

Laura:: Blow that joint girl! So not worth your time! :mad: So you are going to start the rotation with out me? :(:(:( LOL-just kidding! Go for it and let me know how you like it! I have a BR CHALLENGE to finish first and quite frankly I am enjoying the last weeks of extra sleep (due to shorter w/o's!) while I can get it! :p

Hi Ladies,

UGH...no workouts to report other than my 100 kb swings. I've been catching a ride with a coworker the past 2 days and haven't had time for my morning workouts....and the girls keep me busy at night. Hopefully tomorrow I can work from home and get my workout done. Leaning towards doing 4DS total UB.

We are having a 4th bday party for the girls on Saturday (their actual birthday):) and they fly home on Sunday. I love spending time with them, but it is certainly an adjustment to our normal routine.

I need to keep track of my workouts. DS's ex-girlfriend came over and borrowed P90X and took it back to school with her to Idaho. One coworker has Insanity and another coworker has my p90X2 series.

I never received a shipping notice for the dip station..ugh. The email I received said it's being shipped fed ex, but there isn't a tracking number. Hopefully it will come tomorrow when I'm home.

Wendy-the BR challenge looks amazing. I actually like the new format and the new instructor too. The power words are very motivating and help start the day on a positive note...IMO. Hopefully I can start the LIS/STS rotation in Feb with you.

Laura-how frustrating....sounds like the owners aren't into upkeep or general maintenance of the facility. They probably won't be in business too much longer anyway if they don't take care of their facility.

Hi to Allee and Lori!

Good Morning Ladies.

Today was BR Challenge week 2 day 2. A 12 minute interval w/o that was fun but an arse kicker for sure! Six exercises repeated 2x but I decided to make it an 18 min work out and repeat them 3 times! OY! What was I thinking!? ;):eek::) Good stuff! Here's the link if you want to check it out:

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Diana:: Sorry you didn't get a full w/o in but 100 swings is no joke girl so don't feel bad!!! Oh what a great end to a great visit with the girls-having their party right before they leave sounds awesome! Enjoy! Stop lending out your work outs! Eventually you won't get one back! :eek:

Hi ladies,

One of the girls is still sick. I woke up to her being sick...for the second day. DS and the girls are sleeping now, but I have to work. I am working from home and still plan on working out, hopefully at lunch time.

Wendy-I finally received a shipping notice....my dip station should be delivered on Saturday! I'll have to check today's BR w/o, but I'm sure it was awesome! Keep up the good work.

Hi Lori, Laura and Allee!

Last edited:
Diana:: Glad the dip station will be there soon!:) Sorry one of the girls is still sick. Hope she's all better for the party!:( Lucky you, working from home! I know-I always say that, right? :p Enjoy your work out! Thanks re my work outs! I love BR! I can't get enough! :eek:

Good Morning.

Week 2 Day 3 of BR Challenge today! 2 work outs! The 12 minute interval by Lisa and the timed weight work (legs/shoulders today) by Shawn (took me about 16 mins to complete). TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH today! :eek: Loved it! ;)

What did everyone else do?

TGIF - long weekend .. woot woot

Morning Ladies ..

I had a meeting ystdy - but it did end early - and I got to go home early - went for a run - the front was movign thru .. and OMG I was running INTO a dang 30 mph wind .. COLD WIND .. when I left the house it was 64 or 65 degrees .. so i didnt wear my light jacket .. well I went the course I went last weekend - the LONG one - well on the way back it was getting colder and colder .. my fingers were aching it was so cold .. I thought OMG I am gonna freeze to death before I get hom .. well I went about 7+ miles .. and when i got home it was 54 degrees :eek::eek: NO WONDER I was freezing .. anyway .. couldnt get warm .. got a headache ..then a warm bath .. then got a migrain :mad::mad: ggrrrrrrrr .. so spent rest of day on couch .. dang it ...

But hey .. at least I got a good long run in before the migraine hit!! :D:D

Wendy - gonna have to check out Lisa's latest .. have missed the last couple .. I gotta start my binder like you ... now that I will be a FREE woman!! :p :D yes I am fixing to BLOW THAT JOINT big time ... after last week .. I am DONE!!!!!! thinking TUE will be my LAST class!!!!

Di - sorry one of the girls are sick ... gosh hope the other one dont get it ... I m like WEndy .. WISH I could work from home .. OMG that would be totally AWESOME!!!!

OK .. better run .. we are having a cold blast down here .. to be 28 degrees again tonight .. only high of 48 today .. but the sun is out .. so that is good!! My outside babies are getting to come in and sleep in our pool room .. they LOVE it .. :p

OK .. I will try to check in this weekend - today is a forced rest day - got errands at lunch - then tonight is DATE NIGHT .. ;) .. tmrw SIL are starting our rotation .. I am gonna adapt it and tweak it some tho .. tmrw is STS TB!!! :D have a great one!

Hi ladies,

This morning I did MM UB premix. I'm so looking forward to some leg work soon. If my legs have to be big, I want them to be solid and not jiggly!

I'm counting down the days until this next dressing comes off and I can get my foot wet...that will be on Thursday, Jan 19th....and it can't come soon enough. I still have the dang boot til at least the 30 of the month. Hope its all healed for Spring Fitness classes that start on Feb 8th I think.

bbl later for personals....need to get on of my DS's up to give me a ride to work!

Hey Wendy-quick question for you. Do you remember the name of the kickbox workout series, it's some dark haired girl that created her own set of workouts? Not very descriptiive I know. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Morning Ladies!

I just finished GS legs floorwork and my own ab work. It's nice to work the leg muscles. Not sure if you all know this, but the main reason so many women than men have more ACL tears is due to a strength imbalance between the quads and hamstrings. Women need to work on hamstring strenth.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to this weekend!

Hey Wendy-quick question for you. Do you remember the name of the kickbox workout series, it's some dark haired girl that created her own set of workouts? Not very descriptiive I know. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Kimberly Spreen put out several kickbox work outs-most of which I own ;) - but it was not a "series". Just separate DVD releases with CIA. I may be totally off the mark but she is the only person I could think of! :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Ladies!

Late check in-busy day and not done yet! Still have dinner to cook and p/b cookies to bake for the boys! :eek:

Today I went to the gym with DH. He is doing a 3 day split currently so I did today's work out with him for Back n Triceps. I was never a fan of the machines at the gym but man that was a fantastic work out!!! I am sure I will feel it tmrw! I am going to go back every sat or sun for the next 2 weeks now to finish up the split with him and then decide if I want to join or not! ;)

After we got back from the gym, ate a little lunch and rested for a few I took him into MY work out territory and had him do wk 2 day 4 of the 30 day br challenge with me! :D 12 min interval of craziness:

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

I did it first so he could see the moves. It was tough ESPECIALLY after such an intense weight work out! He was a trooper and did the work out but I let him off the hook after the 1st run through of the exercises. ;)

After that we got showered and went foodshopping. Next stop is a power nap and then dinner! Tonight will be family game night with drinks/snacks. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Be back tmrw...at some point!:p LOL

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

We had birthday party for the girls yesterday, they had so much fun! My SIL bought these karaoke type things...the girls call them "singers" since they sing into the microphones! I will try to post pictures later today. Anyway, DH has taken the crew to the airport. I'm going to miss my lovely ladies, but our household routine should get back to normal now.

Although I haven't weighed since the day of my surgery, I can tell my weight is up. Mostly because I haven't been eating my normal healthy faire for several weeks. Today I will be grocery shopping and get back on the band wagon. I feel so much better when I eat healthier anyway. I'm glad to be rid of the pizza, mac & cheese, etc.

My dip station arrived yesterday and DS3 put it together for me. Obviously its a little off, one side is on narrow and the other wide, easily fixed.

Today will be UB tbd and abs!

Wendy-sounds like you had a busy and fun day yesterday. How nice to work out with DH. I wish my DH would exercise, even just a little. KS isn't who I'm thinking of, but thanks anyway. This lady has her own set of dvd's...wish I could remember her name. I just remember the webpage, having a red brick background with black letters...I can't seem to find it under boxing, kickboxing..ugh.

Hi Laura, Lori, and Allee!!

Wendy-found it...bbxinc.com. One of my fb friends new what it was.

Oh yeah! I've been eyeing up that series again lately! Haven't caved YET! If I can hold off I may ask for it for my B'day in April! The STS/LIS rotation is scheduled to end a couple weeks after my B'day so that would be the perfect time for a new "toy"! ;)

Oh and as for the dip station that's how it's supposed to be with one end wide then the other! :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.