Damage Control--Friday--Woo hoo!

LauraR

Cathlete
Another run. Same 8:2 interval split (I do the same split for a week; Monday I increase to 9:1.) Friday is my "get it done" run since it's after a leg day. I didn't try to push my pace . . . just got it done. Considering that the legs were tight, it wasn't too bad.

Wendy--Glad to help with the melatonin info. If you go to a normal drugstore, they will probably only have plain 'ole 3mg tablets. But if you go to a health or whole foods store, they will have lots of options. The Ab Ripper I did is the one with the P90X series. I think he has an original Power 90 series, and then I think there's a new P90X + ? I haven't kept up with all the Beach Body stuff. The P90X really belongs to DH. He has done it twice. I've only ever done: Ab Ripper, Yoga X, and Core Synergistics. But I really like those workouts. For the weights, I prefer STS.

Diana--I get sucked into the computer, too, sometimes. Sorry it made you miss your workout. Great job getting back in the groove, though. Imax3 is a toughie! I have 3 kids: DS10, DS8, DD6. We've been in Uganda 12 years, so they've all lived here all their lives. There are parts they love and parts they hate. In general, though, we have a really awesome life here: year-round summer, huge yard, 3 big dogs, tree house, zip line, lots of freedom. Kids can be kids in a way that is hard to recapture in the US these days! And we've had some lengthy "home assignments" that have given them a chance to go to school in the US and experience what life would be like if we lived there, which I think is healthy to give them perspective.

Laura--I'm with Di: you should tape your classes so we can workout with you! :p Especially with all I've heard about your plyo! Thanks for the positive words about my workout and then the play group. When you read what I wrote to Di, you may not be quite as impressed, though. It's pretty easy to entertain kids here. And if they get to crazy in the house, you shoo them out to the yard and refuse to let them in! :D The Ashwaganda you use sounds intriguing. I'll have to check it out.

Shout out to Lori and Jacque. Hey girls! :)

Good Morning Laura and all who follow.:)

I went to bed at my normal time, and slept thru the night yet I did NOT want to get up this morning. I had to FORCE myself so TGIF is perfect for me today!

My legs are unbelievably sore from my 20 minutes spent with Sylwia y'day doing her lunge segment. OH MY GOD! :eek: I haven't done endurance leg work like this in a while and it shows. I used 5# DB's (I did NOT do upper body movements though!) and they may as well have been 20# for how my legs feel this moring!.......But I'm not complaining!;)

Oy...phone just rang...DS has a delayed opening again-10AM. Figures. I should have just stayed in bed and waited for the call. I kinda knew it was coming. I'm such a dummy. Oh well. I won't be able to fall back to sleep NOW. :rolleyes: Guess there's no rush to get my arse off this chair to go work out now though! :p

Today's work out will be cardio. I'm thinking KPC sounds good to me. :)

LauraR:: I used to love to run after working legs (same day or next day). It was tough but helped to loosen them up a bit. Good job on your run. Just gotta push through it sometimes. I'm gonna try to get to the store to check out the Melatonin this weekend. :)

Diana:: Good job tackling IMAX 3! I was told that work out is chaptered very well as a download so I am going to buy it. I will do with it what I wanted to do with IMAX 2 but can't. :( I also want Intensity in a download. :eek: What a sad situation at your job. Sorry that you have to deal with this. You certainly do not deserve to be treated this way. :( Even though you are doubtful that it will help, I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your comments on your review DO help your situation and something gets done. I am combining cardio and endurance leg work into one work out each week or I wouldn't get it done either.

LauraT:: OMG I am going to have to write down the supplement you take. I will NEVER remember that! :p I will check that out along with the Melatonin. Thanks.

Ok, all caught up! Off to go peruse the forums and fb a bit more before my work out....because I can! :D

Hi Ladies,

Today will be Back and Triceps, Disc 8 I think.

I worked from home yesterday because the night before we had snow. The temps were high enough yesterday that most of it has melted already.

LauraR-Year 'round summer sounds awesome! I didn't realize you had been in Africa for such a long time. Nice job increasing your running intervals. It's a solid plan to get back to running!

Wendy-Enjoy the extra time you have this morning. Did you get more snow? It took me an hour to drive home on Wednesday night, normally a 15-20 min drive. The roads were terribly icy.

Morning LauraT, Jacque and Lori. TGIF

KPC is done...:D

Diana:: My extra time is officially up now but I enjoyed it...with the exception of shoveling. :p Yup, a couple more inches came down. It was snowing this morning thus the school delay even though we didn't get a lot. :rolleyes: There's rumors of another big blizzard coming down the pike at us for next week. Will it ever end? :eek:

Okay...gotta jet...BBL!

TGIF

Morning ladies!!

Last night was a great class .. did the plyo class // circuits of 2 rounds of 3 diff plyos then one body exercise no weights :D it was awesome {insert evil grin} .. this is the w/o that made me sore for 4 days last week .. BUT dare I say I am not sore this morning :eek: I was shocked!!!!!

LauraR - WOW .. your home sounds amazing - yes your kids should know how lucky they are .. sounds like they get to grow up like did - in the country- treas - grass- creeks - FUN FUN and FREEDOM .. DM would get us up .. some days we would stay outside till dark and not want to come in then .. not many kids know that kind of freedom these days!!!

Wendy - did you get the snow NY got?? man are ya'll ever gonna dig out .. this has been one hard winter - even here - it is to be back near 20 degrees tonight and for next several days :confused: bbbbbrrrrrrrr .. but NO SNOW or ICE .. we can take it!!!

Di - IA w/Wendy .. hope the comments work to your advantage on your review - sometimes the worker bees get no thanks or props .. but the "louder" ones dont do much but seem to get the accolades sometimes!!!and HEY .. if you only gained 2# during your surgery phase .. HEY GIRL .. that is awesome .. no worries at all!!!

Hello to all that follow ...

I have the house to myself tonight - me and the big babies - I plan on going home doing STS TB (if it is not too wild in here today) - then settle in for a PAMPER ME night - jacuzzi - pedi - body treatment .. think it is much called for!! ;) :p have a great one!:D

LauraT:: We only got a couple inches here but bc it was snowing this morning, my son had a delayed opening. There's supposed to be another possible blizzard coming this way next week now though! :eek: NO DOMS FOR YOU!? What is going on here lady!? You better work harder! ;) Sounds like a great plan for tonight and you reminded me that I need to pay some attn to my nails as well. I was doing so good at keeping up with it and over the past month or so I've let it go. Gotta get back to it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.