Damage Control August :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

A new month is upon us! I can't believe how fast the summer is going by.

bbl for personals

Today is the OFFICIAL start of the 10,000 swing challenge! :eek:

Therefore....

325 kettlebell swings intervalled with sets of rear and side sliding lunges....DONE! :D

I think the next set of exercises will be squat curl and squat press! I'm telling you girls so it's written down otherwise I won't remember what I wanted to do! :p

BBL!:cool:

EEEEEK AUG already

wow .. where does time go???

first of month and it is insane in here!!! I still have migraine ... #@$!@$@#$ .. I am sooooo tired of migraines .. I think too much stress and too much eye strain!!! I did manage to workout ystdy - I MADE myself - t25 speed 1.0 .. but today I can not muster it ... I have to go home and get things in order .. have a business function tmrw . a leadership retreat :confused:.. UGH .. rather take a beating .. not the way I want to spend my FRI and SAT .. :mad::mad::mad:... DH is fishing today only .. the radar doesnt look good out there .. hope he is carefull .. and naturally tmrw and SAT looks gorgeous here for the first time in forever .. at least DH can enjoy it .. he will be home tonight!

Wendy - what weight KB are you using ??? I cant imagine doing that many swings .. YIKES!!! you are THE WOMAN!!! WTG!!! and yes Brutus is BIGGER than Toots .. well taller .. if he fills out his feet and head he is going to be huge - i need to tape his puppy runs .. he uses my living room and furniture as a raceway and it is down right hillarious borderlining on scary!!!! :confused:

DI - yes this summer is flying by .. almost gone in fact .. and I have not got to spend any time around my pool :(:( it stormed again ystdy :mad:

OK .. gotta run... workout for me .. I am just hoping this head of mine gets better .. have a great one!

Hola Chicas! Happy Friday! :D

This morning's work out was 6.5 rounds of 50 swings (325 total) intervalled with 2 rounds of 10 squat/curl, 2 rounds of 10 squat/press and 2 rounds of 10 squat/curl/press!:)

Laura:: Ok now you MUST post a video on FB on Brutus' crazy antics! :D I am swinging a 20, 30 and 40# bell. I am constantly changing the weight and the type of swing. TY for the wonderful compliment but don't sell yourself short! I bet you could do it too! :)

Happy Birthday, Lori! :D

Diana:: Going to have a few Friday night Mojitos later? :)

TGIF!!!

Hi Ladies,

So happy it's Friday!!! I worked from home today and was able to get the laundry done, cook dinner, go to the grocery store....and do MIC! Wow, what a blast from the past. I did really good on the floor portion and started suckin' wind in the middle of the step segment....I finished it though..whew and was a sweaty mess.

Not sure what's going on with my eating...or overeating I should say. I've been tracking everything though.

All the back to school spending is underway....new cleats $120, Athletic Fee $130, Football $500, Sr. Pictures (???), Registration and Class Fee's $250 or more. Oh, and my car (Jerod's) needed to have work done again $500 in the past 2 weeks. In a couple months I'll get him some new clothes.

I just checked on airfares and may go visit my darling granddaughters over Halloween!:D I'm just waiting to hear back from Amanda if that timeframe will work for her family.

Happy Birthday Lori!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Lori & Wendy-not sure if you are aware of this, but Eddie Bauer has a lifetime replacement warranty on their backpacks. This will be Jerod's second (free) backpack. They can be a bit expensive, but with the replacements...well it's been worth it for me. I wish I would've known about this when the Cody & Zach were younger.

Wendy-with my eating out of control I've opted not to drink this weekend. I'm noticing my hunger is at it's worst in the late afternoon. Perhaps adding a little fat to my salad might help, avocado's come to mind. Nice job with KB swings. My heaviest bell is 30#'s, they range from 10-30#'s. You will rock the 10K Challenge!!!

Laura-sorry you are still dealing with migraines, and leadership retreat doesn't sound like much fun either.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

I finally had some to spend on FB this morning! I see that our Ms. Wendy has convinced our challenge group to do a KB Swing challenge this month!

So the plan for today was supposed to be legs, but my knee has been bothering me since bootcamp last Monday night. I decided on Xtrain CSB, but then the darn dvd player wouldn't play my disc. Wendy-you will be so proud of me....here's what I did

warmup: 1 min Jacks
Intervals of 50s work/10s rest:
Swings
bicep curl
swings
upright row
swings
side lat raise
swings
tricep extensions
swings
hammer curl
swings
overhead press
swings
rear delts
swings
front raise
swings
cross body extensions
swings
finished with 3 minutes on my ab machine! completed 303 swings, which brings me up to date on the challenge!!!

Hello. Happy Saturday!:)

I worked at the studio this morning and then was supposed to meet my running buddy at the park for a work out but it was raining so we post-poned it until tmrw after Church. Blessing in disguise I think b/c all of those swings finally caught up with me! Oh the DOMS!!!!:eek:

Diana:: OMG, fabulous work out, woman!!!! I love love love it!:D Seems my interval/circuit style swing work outs are catching on! Shelley (LimeCat) did one too today! You know trainers can charge $$$ just to write work out programs for people! ;):D:p Thanks re the 10k challenge but IDK...I am going on vacation the last full week of August. I know I work out on vacations but IDK if I am going to have the discipline to get all of the swings in while I'm gone. Plus the fact we are going up to Canada in an RV - no room to work out indoors so it's outside or nothing. I'm probably gonna feel silly doing anything but possible running outdoors at the rv park! :eek: That being said, IDK if I'll actually hit 10k. I really don't want to kill myself trying to get it all in before I leave either so I will probably just get as close as I can and leave it at that...:rolleyes:

Off to wash dishes and get dinner goin'....dawgs, burgers, corn on the cob and salad for din then CABS for dessert!:p:D

BBITAM!:cool:

Last edited:
Took it to the park today!

16 @ 15r/30w of::
Spider Push Ups
One arm rows
... Rear Lunges
Plank hold

8 @ 10r/20w x 2 of::
double arm swings
single arm swings
hand to hand swings
single arm swings

+ 15 min run/walk.

Hi ladies,

I did Imax 3 this morning before heading to my haircut appt....that was long overdue. I plan to hit legs tonight and hopefully swim tomorrow morning.

Guess I'll have to check out FB to see what our Lori has been up to.

Wendy-Nice w/o girl! I love that boot camp class is outside, very similar in nature to what you are doing. We do hill runs, tire flips, lots of tubing work (i'm not of big fan of tubing anyway), abs etc.

Laura-I found out Amanda's sister will be starting her junior year at Alabama State University this fall. She is studying criminal justice, and will be playing softball!

bbl

I'm back! I did an impromptu second work out a little while ago....

Another 200 (20 reps x 10 sets) swings intervalled with 30 sec hold floor bridges alternated with sets of 10 renegade rows for the first 100 swings and then 30 sec hold sb bridges and sets of 10 hand touch push ups alternated for the second 100 swings! I should sleep good tonight!:)

Diana:: IMAX3 and me do NOT get along as you know. :p Great job! :) Why don't you like tubing? I enjoy using it to change things up!

Time to make dinner! Trying a new recipe tonight! I think I deserve it!;)

BBITAM!:cool:

4 sets x 10 reps of sb pull overs and sb push ups/forward rolls done circuit style followed by 10 @ 15/30 of swings for a total of 211 swings. :)

Good Morning:)

I have to agree with you ladies...where is the time going? Its a little crazy! The kids go back to school earlier here then what we are use to. I guess that's where they make up for every 2nd friday off. I felt bad for DS but he's driving us crazy so I'm ready for him to head back!:eek:

I had a good birthday. None of my work buddies were at work:( but one of the guys I work with, bought me a blizzard from DQ and then he sat and ate it with me:D. We went out friday night for a couple of drinks and again sat night with the girls. It was a little lame....not up to my partying standards at all! The music, you could barely hear and some of the girls were a little boring:eek:. But it was still nice to do something. There aren't to many dance clubs here....one in particular that DH makes trips to...to arrest people! LOL

Workouts have been good. Today I need to do UB and a run. I will probably save the UB for tonight. DH is working nights so when I get the boys in bed, I can workout then go to bed myself.

Diana** We checked out the prices of tickets to go home for Christmas and it's a little crazy. DH was still going to check his work schedule out and see if he could get it off, it would be nice but probably not realistic and like I have said before....we could go somewhere sunny and warm for these prices.

Laura** How are you feeling now? I can appreciate where you are coming from...those headaches are nasty!

Wendy** 10,000 swings hey? Maybe I should hop in on that challenge. I may lose count though!

I will come back later tonight!

Lori:)

MONDAY

Morning Ladies ..

got to get back on track between my migraines and work I have not been able to workout since last WED .. :( :mad::mad::mad: had "Leadership Retreat" I had to go to this weekend .. in the middle of no where up around Birmingham .. UGH .. it wasnt as bad as I was expectin .. still dont like working on MY TIME tho ..MY weekend is sacrificed for what??? :mad::mad::mad: ugh! .. anyway ..I was able to get some sun time by the pool ystdy and relax for the first time in about 2 months .. :cool:

Di - WOW .. Wendy has you on the "swinging" workout track huh? awesome workout the other day .. wow .. and the University of AL has a great criminology program .. they are our bitter RIVALS but they are an awesome University!

Wendy - when is your camping trip??? ITA on Imax3 ... totally blame it for my messed up knee!!

Lori - my head is finally better -- I had sinus problems all weekend .. but it is finally clearer today - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Well at least you had some fun on your b-day - they tried!! I have got to get back to my heavy weights - thinking tmrw I am gonna try to go to the CC and start back .. get ready for some complaining!! lol!!!

OK .. better run .. playing catch up AGAIN!!! have errands at lunch - then tonight going to try to do some cardio to burn off all the calories I consumed this weekend :eek::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::confused::eek:~~~~;) have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

My training partner and I swam this morning after taking a week and a half off from swimming. We go to a neighborhood pool that she has the key for. It's a friend of hers neighborhood pool so I couldn't really go by myself, nor would I want to.

Tonight I had boot camp class then came home and did my 100 KB swings! I did 25 swings/IT band rolls with foam roller....repeat 4 times!

I'm looking at going to visit my girlies over Halloween. Amanda is going to dress them like minions...they are going to look so adorable!!! The airfare is in my budget.:) Amanda already approved my request to come visit at this time, now I just have to discuss with DH. My DMIL usually travels with me, but she took a fall and needs to have her hip replaced and she's not sure when she will have that done. She's not ready to plan a trip and told me to go without her this time.:(

Lori-Wow, every other Friday off...hmmm...the kids probably like it, but I could see that being a daycare nightmare. Glad you were able to celebrate your bday, even if it wasn't up to your standards. Travel is just so expensive, especially for a family of 5...I totally understand. That's one of the reasons we have haven't traveled with all 5 of us, it's just too expensive.

Laura-Glad you are finally feeling better. I'm not a big fan of working on MY TIME either. Sometimes you just gotta do it. To be honest, I'm doing a 100 swing/day challenge....not the 10K challenge Wendy is doing. If I get mine all in, I'll have 3100 swings in August.

Wendy-Nice workout.....and swings...you go girl!!! Yeah, tubing....let's just say I have the same feeling towards tubing as I do towards ...what is it....Slim Series. When you lift db's, there's an obvious progression in strength, like going from a 10 to a 15 to a 20 or 25#db. Tubing is always hard and I don't really feel like I progress with increasing the tubing resistance. Cathe actually has an article in this weeks newsletter about training specifics that kind of mentions this topic. I do use tubing in the classes I take and the DVD's that have them, but they are definitely not a favorite.

bbl

Morning Girls.

I was supposed to work out this morning but I'm not feeling it. I'm quite sore from yesterday's work out. My DS is sick and won't be going to camp today for the second day in a row. My mom watched him all day yesterday but probably will only be able to do it half of the day today. This means I will be home the other half of the day from work so if the mood strikes me, I can always work out later. I addition, I will have yet another opportunity to work out tonight when DH goes bowling b/c I am not working and DS will not be attending FB practice tonight. All that being said, I guess I'd be pretty pathetic if I didn't do SOMETHING today!:eek::rolleyes:

Laura:: We leave on vacation on Saturday the 24th...less then 3 weeks away! Where has time gone!? If I hadn't already told you this, we will be back from Niagara late at night on Wednesday, will take Thursday to sleep in a bit, unpack and repack and then we leave on Friday for A/C for the holiday weekend! We are taking my MIL and DS to A/C with us too. :) Ok WTH is a leadership retreat?? ICK. Doesn't sound fun! :rolleyes: So were you able to fit in any cardio yesterday?

Diana:: You are right, bands never seem to get any easier unless you are using a band that was never a challenge to begin with! LOL :p I like the incorporation of the foam rolling in with swings. Good idea to get some extra rolling in why working out and get the interval effect in the work out at the same time! :) I love the Minions. I am sure that will be too cute! Sorry about your MIL.

Lori:: A Blizzard from DQ!? :eek: You should NOT be eating that, young lady!:p I saw the FB pic of your DS climbing a pole. What's that all about? LOL So if you can go somewhere warm over Christmas for the same $ as going home then why not have your parents meet you in the same warm spot and have a Christmas family reunion at the beach!? :D

Last edited:
Ok, as it turns out I am home ALL DAY with DS so now I REALLY have no excuse not to work out....unless he gets me sick! :eek::eek::eek:

TUE

Morning Ladies ..

I did manage some cardio ystdy - then had to go home .. Brutus decided he would destroy my outdoor bristle door matt - drug it inside - dirt trail from the doggie door - inside pool room - up stairs - over 2 dog beds - to the front door - :confused: :mad::mad::mad: it looks like a dump truck of sand and dirt was thrown around in my living room :mad: WTH?????? soooo I spent the rest of the night cleaning up his rampage!!

Wendy - "leadership retreat" .. HA .. had to go out of town - in middle of now where - with a group of strangers and take part in this retreat - where we did exercises that were supposed to push you out of your comfort zone - make you learn to trust others - build leadership skills - and following skills - learn problem solving and personality traits ..etc .:confused::confused::( ya .. exactly what you thought it was :(

Di - yup .. i guess sometime we gotta give up our time for our jobs .. but I DONT LIKE IT!!! MINIONS!! TOO CUTE ... that is adorable ... great workouts yesterday!

Hello to Lori -

OK .. sooooo today I am starting back on heavy weights :confused: OH MY it is gonna kill me - I woke up w/bleeding sinuses .. hoping it wont turn into anything worse .. OK .. better run .. have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

Let me just say my lower body was sore from daily swings-300 on Saturday and 100 each day since....GS legs on Sunday, and bootcamp last night. This morning I gave my legs a well deserved break and did Xtrain CSB and core #1.

Wendy-Hope Joey feels better soon. It's no fun being home with a sick kid. He's probably fine to just lay on the couch and watch TV now. No excuses...what was your workout today???

Laura-Oh my, what a mess you came home to. Good Luck with heavy training today! Hope you sinus issue doesn't get any worse.

Lori-what are you up to today?

bbl

Ok, work out is complete. Here's what I did::

5@20/40 x 4:

Round 1) rear foot elevated squats R, L, R, L; Front squat w/sandbag.
Round 2) split stance tube lift R, L, R, L; Body saw.
Round 3) KB squat and single over shoulder press R, L, R, L; KB crush curl/tricep press.
Round 4) Renegade Row R, Tricep Dips, Renegade Row L, Tricep Dips, Plank To push ups.

PLUS

5@30/30 x 4:
Round 1) Two arm swings w/40#
Round 2)Hand to Hand swings w/30#
Round 3) One Arm Swings R w/20#
Round 4) One Arm Swings L w/20#

EQUALS

FRIED IN FORTY MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D (and over 400 swings!!!)

Last edited:
WED

Morning Ladies ..

DOMS: butt from heavy weights .. but surprised my legs are not screaming at me .. I was also pleasantly surprised I didnt have to decrease my weights .. have not lost any strength :eek: :) after work I did T25 speed 1.0 then went home and took Powerhouse Brutus for a walk that was more a run/gallop/sprint - he is strong as a bull!!! :confused: it was so muggy and hot out .. ugh!!! Today I have a hair apnt - but plan on doing T25 tb .. and taking baby Brutus for his walk/run weather permmitting!

Di - yes it was a mess - when I got in ystdy - he was calmer - and had not made a mess - wondering what today will bring .. :confused: :p

Wendy - great workout - you should be FRIED!!! hope Joey is feeling better today!

Hello to Lori ..

OK .. better run .. have a great one - have some problems to deal w/today .. ugh!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.