Damage Control 2019

How was your weekend? Moving stuff is a workout-and lots of steps! I got a lot done over the weekend-cleaned, washed, shopped, wrapped, etc. I wish I could have slept better. I am going to give your Kavinace a try.

I'm off to work...

Beth

My house is still a disaster. We will have time off next week. I'm off the 30th, 31st and 1st, then work the 2nd and the 3rd is my off Friday. I'm hoping we can get everything squared away then. We are helping my BIL and SIL move on the 26th and 27th. Today I did STS D27-BSB. Then I did the first 3 combos of Imax 4. It's all low impact. I signed up for Cathe Live & On Demand on the monthly subscription. It's a real challenge working out on the carpet, I feel very unstable. I do have a gorilla mat over the carpet, but it's very thin. I don't normally have incontinence issues, but this soft surface is not good for me. I might try using some of the puzzle mats underneath or on top of the gorilla mat and see if that helps. After work today I started baking. I made brownies-will frost tomorrow, 7 layer bars, peppermint bark, chocolate chip cookies and peanut clusters. I'm beat. I still need to wrap a few things too.

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

This morning was To The Max. I needed a cardio fix today. I also made the frosting for the brownies and for the first time ever in my life I didn't lick the beaters, bowl or spatula. Trying stick with my normal fasting schedule today. I saw Cathe's newsletter has an article about intermittent fasting.

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas to you, too! I've been binging on Puppy Chow-peanut butter with chocolate and powdered sugar chex mix. It's so good!

I only had to work 1/2 day today. Work is going really well and is a pleasure to go to now that I've been there a year and feel a lot more confident.

DH and I made broccoli apple salad and tomato soup today. We're having those, roasted potatoes, little steaks, and cheesecake for Christmas tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty put together-just have to do the table and cook the steak and veggies tomorrow. We're going over to my parents' house this evening for soup and cards. My mom loves to host events. Hopefully she's not worn out when we get there. My brother is single and is working until 6PM and then has an hour drive. DS1 will be on line. He'll come to dinner tomorrow and that's about it. If that's the way he is I am not stressing anymore and just accepting it.

We went to the pool today and I think tomorrow morning I'm going to do PH 1 or 2. That's always a sweat fest workout for me!

Beth

We had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. We did trivia again with the boys and gave them money. We did a few stocking stuffers too but they really just need the cash. I did okay with eating until we got home from MIL's, where we had prime rib, veggies, salad and rolls. I made peppermint bark, brownies, peanut clusters and 7 layer bars for dessert. I don't know what possessed me to eat a 7 layer bar, but I ate 3 and felt pretty miserable the rest of the night. This morning I did a BR circuit and STS D25-C&B. Then I did some laundry and went and helped my SIL move.

What are you up to? I don't go back to work until next Thursday.

Hello,

We had a real nice time on Christmas, too. Although I think next year we'll do a brunch earlier in the day. I was so tired by the time we were done and then had to work Thursday and Friday. Today I got called and asked to come to work, so went in for nearly 3 hours. Then I took a walk with a friend who used to live here and was driving home from NY to WV. My goal really is just to move everyday so I'm good! You have a nice long break! I'm off on New Year's Day and am going on a 5K walk-if the weather is decent.

Are you setting any goals? I'm just going to try to be more consistent in taking care of myself by doing/striving daily the following: eating 6 fruits/veg, drinking 64 oz of water, and moving at least 30 minutes. Sounds doable! I'm pretty good about 5 fruits and veggies so moving up to 6 is my way of having less processed.

Beth

Dec 26th and 27th was spent moving my BIL and SIL to a new house. I did workout on the 26th, but the 27th was all moving. I finally got all the Christmas stuff put away and have boxed up all the stuff from the basement that was in my office. It took about 3 hours. It's getting me excited to start looking for a new house. I'm actually hoping the one I previously wanted but we were feeling rushed, becomes available again. I know the lot has been sold, but things come up all the time. I've been keeping up with STS and am M3W2. I'm doing each week twice and am feeling stronger. I hope to complete it before I leave for Oregon on the 17th. I haven't decided what I will do after STS. My weight is still up a few pounds. I really need to focus on my nutrition. I think the 5-6 fruits and veggies is awesome. We still have a some sweets in the house and I eat them. It doesn't help that I was given chocolate and peanut butter cups for Christmas. I'm still doing IF and usually follow 16:8, but am trying to tighten the window to 18:6. We don't have any plans for NYE. We usually just watch movies.

Do you have any NYE plans?

Happy New Year!

Your New Year's Eve sounded a lot like mine. We went to the pool after I got done work and then came home, had salads for dinner, and watched the start of a new series about astronauts on Apple TV. The premise is an alternate reality where the Russians get to the moon first. DH loves sci-fi so he likes it.

So glad to hear the decluttering is going so well! I'm sure you'll find a house that suits you when you decide to start looking again. You are definitely getting stronger using STS and that's what keeps you fit as you get older.

Enjoy your day!

Beth

Today was supposed to be my Off Friday, but I had to put in a few hours. Most folks are off today so I did more of the cloud training. I think I only have 2 more chapters to go to complete this class. They offer sample tests, which I will probably need to take several of them. I hope to test in Jan or February for the certificate. Oh, I'm not drinking any alcohol in January. I've been enjoying a glass of wine several times a week rather than just on the weekends. Hopefully the waistline will get smaller and bank account larger. I also switched WW plans. They offer 3 plans and I've been following Blue but have switched to green. I seriously weigh the same as I did when I started 2 years ago. I wonder if this is just the right weight for me. I am 15lbs over my goal, but wonder if that is not a realistic goal while in full blown menopause. I'm sticking with IF too since I just feel so much better. So DS2 got a DUI on NYE. I haven't spoken to him as I am so pissed. There is no reason for this.

On the de-cluttering front, I had a bunch of junk hauled off today and will be taking more stuff to the salvation army tomorrow. I'm on a roll, just wish DH was on the same page.

What are you up to? Do you know if we can re-name our thread and take the year off?

Hi! I had honestly forgotten the name of the thread! 2020 came fast. Let's just leave it and check in here-unless you want to start a new just Damage Control Thread. It doesn't matter to me. You're my fitness buddy and the only one I chat with on here anyway.

Dry January...not a bad idea. I have been drinking less and less. It makes me feel like my feet are inflamed/swelled and I don't like it. Plus I think it makes me sadder and I don't sleep as well. I'm not going full out dry, but we're only drinking like 4 bottles of wine now in a 2 week period according to the recycle bin.

I've been trying to get rid of extra stuff, too-you are an inspiration! I have a box on the ping pong table and every day I put one thing in for good will. DH takes the box up when it's full.

Did I tell you my aunt passed last Sunday? We are waiting to hear on funeral plans and we are going to give her cat a home. Her name is Lucy. I would want my cat to go to someone who loves cats, and it feels like destiny with Cleo passing in Nov.

I was looking at WW. Do you like the purple plan? It has a great big list of free foods. What is the green plan? I've been loosely doing whole30 with eggs and veggies for breakfast, soup and apple for lunch, and salad/roasted veggies and proteins for dinner. I'm back down to my starting weight. I'd still like to be 4 pounds lighter, but don't know how realistic that is. I came within a pound the last time I did whole30 (only time really) and it was hard to maintain. My uncle from Michigan is in town and we're supposed to go out for breakfast tomorrow morning to a diner. I'm stressing about what to get already and might just have coffee and some of DH's eggs. I hate feeling bloated and heavy anymore.

You probably have 15 pounds of muscle on with how heavy you lift. The nice thing about the live workouts I've done is that Cathe's heaviest are 15's! It makes me feel like I can still keep up.

Good job on the home schooling.

One day at a time!

Beth

My BIL callled me last to let me know that my baby sister was admitted to the hospital with chest pains. She is only 51-Scary. Her stress test came back normal and they are releasing her this morning. So glad to hear that she is feeling better. I was planning on going over to house today, but will be staying home instead so she can rest. I got a bottle of wine for Christmas and decided to open it last night. Oh well, when it's gone I won't be buying any more until February. I'm the only that drinks it.

Yesterday I did Discs 28 & 29-plyo legs and C&B. My knee is really hurting this morning. I tweaked it a few weeks ago doing TTM. I really love stepping and giving it up completely is really hard for me. I might try stepping with just one riser or even no risers and see if that helps. This morning I did D30-CSB. Only 6 discs left to go, but 12 w/o's since I'm repeating. I looked at the January rotation and may do that when I finish with STS. I wish my weight was due to muscle, but it is not. I have a scale that give me my body composition, the only thing in the right readings is bone mass. Body Water is low, Muscle is low, body fat is high. I just do the best I can. I've been maintaining this weight for years. As long as you lifting a challenging weight for you, that is all that matters.

WW has added the green and purple plans this year. Before that, it was the blue plan. The blue plan is what I've been following for the last 2 years and basically maintaining. The blue is moderate points and 200 0 pt. foods, the purple plan is lower points but 300 0 pt. foods, green is higher pts but less 0 pt foods. I came across this blog that talks about it.

So sorry to hear about your aunt. HUGS. It's so nice of you take Lucy in. What did you end up having for breakfast at the diner today?

Hi! I ended up having a cheeseless veggie omelet and coffee. It was good. Eating right has really helped because I have not been feeling like working out much. Work was busy this week and I haven't been sleeping well.

On the plus side, I just booked our flight and reservation to go visit Aaron in Cali next month! We'll fly out on a Thursday and back on a Monday. He's going to take off work on Friday and our hotel is 30 seconds from his apartment.

What have you been up to? Lucy will be here Wed. after the trip to Lancaster. Not much else going on with me. I've been going to bed early and just trying ot get through the days.

Beth

This past week was a real struggle. We had a system outage and I had several long days working with Microsoft. I did workout Monday and Tuesday and went for a 50 minute walk on Wednesday. Nothing to report for Thursday through Sat. I am still feeling pretty exhausted but think a workout will do me good. I'm going to do the next STS discs, C&B and plyo legs. I'm looking forward to my trip this next weekend to visit my granddaughters.

How nice for you to get a long weekend, in CA no less. I would love to live there if it wasn't so darned expensive. My company has a huge campus there. I've been struggling with my workouts also. I'll probably start a new thread for us without the year so we can just keep it going. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.