Damage Control 2019

This morning I did STS D11-B&T and a BR circuit w/o. Then I raked and sucked up all the leafs in our leaf blower. I had only used the blower part but David showed me how to change the attachment and suck them into the bag. I also had a pedicure and went to target for a few things.

David likes the house too and took all the paper work to work with him tonight to review it all. We've never lived in a covenant controlled neighborhood before. Reading through all the HOA rules, it's a lot. I'll see what he says.

Tomorrow after my workout, I'll be studying most of the day. I'm getting a little behind, it is so time consuming.

How is your weekend going?

I got a lot accomplished yesterday-errands, reading, did and a total body weight workout with dumbbells from Live. Cathe went a tiny bit fast for me, but it's probably because it's the first time I did it.

I'm so glad David likes the house! My big item hoe out this week was the ironing board-Dan can't remember the last time he ironed-and I never iron.

I don't know what workout I'll do today. I might go to the pool since I'm late nurse again tomorrow-I pull a lot of Mondays for that shift it seems (which is ok with me-get to take my time getting there!) Last week I walked back to work from lunch a few times when it wasn't so cold.

You are in a losing mode and I'm in a gaining mode. I'm up another solid pound. I think I like to eat too much!

Have a good day-take study breaks!

Beth

Yesterday I did a short but tough BR w/o. This morning I had jury duty but they ended up releasing all of us. I plan on doing STS D10-CSB some time today. That will complete Meso1! Meso 2 is my favorite. We are supposed to get 5"-8" of snow today. The high is only in the low twenties.

How is your week going?

Snow before Halloween-yikes! It's damp and dreary here. Good job completing Meso 1. Any STS workout is a beast. I think Meso 2 is the most fun ,too, especially with the drop sets. I walked Monday and drove today. After work I did Lite Stacked Sets upper body with abs. I left the DVD in to do Pyramid lower body some day this week-either Wed. or Thurs. Week is going well. I'm a lot more settled in my job and DH is doing a lot more around the house so that is awesome!

I have been sleeping great on the weekends and then don't seem to sleep much during the week. Usually by Thursday night I'm so exhausted I do sleep then. Frustrating as you know.

What did Dave think about the rules for the community? Do you have like a maintenance fee for protection and stuff?

Beth

No workouts to report. My days have been long, and starting at 6:30am. UGH. I went to WW this morning and my weight was the same as last week-very happy about that. The community does have an HOA that covers trash and amenities (fitness center, pools, and parks). We decided against the house anyway, we were feeling rushed to sign by end of October etc. I loved the house, David like it, but neither of us were really happy with the location. We just weren't anticipating finding something so quickly. We are meeting with a realtor on Monday to go through our house and see what things they would recommend we do in order to sell our house for top dollar, oh and how much our house is worth. We did have an appraisal done last year before we updated our floors. We do have a pretty good idea, but just need some guidance before we can move forward. Once we have more information we will be better prepared if we do find a house we really like. The other house is still on the table, but the builder is free to sell the lot to someone else. If it's meant to be, it will be.

No weekend plans for me, what about you?

Wednesday we went to the pool. Thursday was my rest day and Friday morning I got up and did the PLB legs from LITE finally. It was nice getting up early knowing I didn't have to, just wanted to. Then Friday night was cleaning. I'm a full seven pounds away now from my goal weight. For a long time I was only 4 pounds. In the last year I've slowly inched up. I dread getting on the scale, my clothes don't fit-it's discouraging. I know I'm eating too much for my activity level. But I don't feel bad in my skin. I feel ok with the extra pounds. I have to do low impact which is part of the gain, I think. I'm doing some weights-but not too heavy so I don't hurt my shoulder or my hip. Basically I am just trying to not get hurt, move, and accept the heavier me. Does this make sense? Sorry if it's a ramble!

My weekend plans are to relax, enjoy being home, try some new recipes (oatmeal blueberry bake and a french lentil stew to start), get the wash done, and watch soccer! My mom is still weak, but improving.

Hope you have some time this weekend to workout and relax. Your next house will work out-and if not your present one is getting all fixed up very nicely!

Beth

I did STS D13-CST and HIIT Double Wave Pyramid. The cardio was so hard. I got through the first half okay, but the second half was brutal. I rarely do only cardio and it was a tough HIIT w/o. Well I went back to WW at 15lbs over goal then gained 5lbs when menopause hit. I'm now back to 14lbs over goal. I've been this size for many years, I'm just trying to stay active so I can do things with my granddaughters. I still do IF and feel good. I'm wondering if that is part of the weight loss too. I've been doing it for 7 months and now the scale is finally starting to move.

If we get good news from the realtor Monday, I'm going to push DH for the house. We will not be able to find anything comparable in our area. Maybe our house is worth more than we are thinking. That would be awesome.

I understand the frustrations with weight. There is more to life than being tied to the scale. You eat healthy and exercise and all your blood work is good. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy your weekend!

This morning I did STS D14-Legs and 30 min of KPC. I thought the kickboxing would clear the lactic acid from my legs, but this w/o really hurt my knee. I rubbed my eye last night and have had something in my eye since then. It's so swollen and I'm just letting it water hoping to wash out whatever is in there, probably an eye lash. DH looked and he couldn't see anything. I have laundry, shopping, and homework today. I'm falling a bit behind on this class. It's so hard to stay focused. It looks like the snow has melted so I can probably go get the rest of leaves off the lawn.

What are you up to today?

I sat and held Cleo most of Sunday. She passed in the box wrapped up with towels that was near the bed last night. It was an emotionally draining day. We knew it has been coming for a little while and yesterday she was too weak to walk. She seemed most peaceful wrapped up in a towel on our laps.

Beth

Thank you. We were prepared, but miss her terribly. I'm going to the pool tonight after work. My calves have been so sore after last Friday morning's workout. I'm going to have to start writing down which live I've done! Saturday was an upper body and abs live. What are your plans this week? Are you doing STS meso 2?

Beth

By the time I was able to see the eye dr. on Monday afternoon, whatever was in my eye had made its way out. My eye is still very swollen and sore. The dr. said there was definitely something in my eye and that I have a coreneal abrasion. I'm using a steroid/antibiotic eye drop. It is also very light sensitive and I've had to turn down the brightness on all monitors just so I can work. I've started STS Meso 2 and love it. Today will be D14-legs 2nd time through. I've been up getting up early since the time change. Work is very stressful and will probably get worse with the year end activities. I've been slacking on my class. I need to dedicate more time to it since we are supposed to test for the certificate in December. I don't want to be the only one that doesn't pass. Oh, that house I want was back on the table. After more discussions and meeting with a broker, we've decided not to pursue that house. We need to finish preparing our house to put on the market first so that the next time we do find something, we are ready to go. The only thing the broker suggested we do that we weren't planning on doing is to add carpet and baseboards to the basement. Then it will count as finished square footage. DH and I will put together the To Do list this weekend and start working on that.

Do you have the Cathe Live subscription? How do you like it? I have a calendar in my workout room that I write down my workouts on each day.

Glad your eye is feeling better. I do not have live. I just download the lives that I preview and like-I think I have all the metabolic and low impact now. I need to get a calendar-good idea.

No workout for me this week except the pool on Wed. I am battling a cold. I guess it had to happen eventually working where I work. It feels good to take some days off anyway. Now if only my head would stop pounding. I think the stress of Cleo passing last weekend wore me out.

You sound really busy with work and home. Good thing Meso 2 is fun!

Have a good weekend. I'll be on the couch.

Beth

No workout on Wed or Thursday, work schedule is brutal some days. I went to WW on Friday and was up 1.8. It's from stress eating and not tracking. Yesterday was my off Friday and I did a tough BR w/o. It kicked my butt and I was so tired the rest of the day. We had our tree trimmed yesterday so I took care of all the leaves and also mowed the front and back yard. Our grass is still green. It was in the high 60's yesterday and will be in the 70's today. Today I did STS D14 Legs and a BR ab circuit. It was 30 sec cardio, 10 sec rest 30 sec ab work and so on. Later to I'm going to the baby shower for baby Mandie, she now weighs 4lbs. She is still in the NICU but it still coming along great.

I'm hope you feel better soon. HUGS

This morning I did Disc 15-B&B and a BR circuit and abs. My biceps are the weakest link, always have been. I'm pushing myself with weights that are challenging for me, and that is all that matters. I went to visit my sister and see her brand new Hyuandai Santa Fe. It's super cute and she says its fun to drive and best of all it is all-wheel drive. I stopped to see my MIL too since she just lives a few minutes from my sister. Oh, I just finished making another batch of home made tomato soup. It's delicious. Just laundry and wine to finish up this Sunday.

Are you feeling any better? I certainly hope so.

ttyl

I was in rest mode all weekend. This morning I showered and went to work-got through it. Still using Dayquil and Nyquil and resting as much as possible. I'm heading up to bed now. I have a 3 day weekend coming up so I'm hoping I'm better by then!

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Beth

Mon and Tues were both 10 hour days. I did get a w/o in a Monday, it was CST followed by X10 Cardio Blast. Nothing yesterday, work is so busy right now. I've been buckling down on my training since procrastinating the last couple weeks. I've been trying to get the girls for Thanksgiving but unfortunately that is not going to happen. We did get a long weekend in January to come see them. It won't be on their birthday, but close enough.

Hope you feel better soon. It would be awful to be sick on your long weekend.

bbl

It's been a long week. Ironically, I have no sick time at this job and am sick. I've muscled through with medication, but am probably spending the 3 day weekend on the couch. I am so congested and nothing is moving. I'll do some steams for my sinuses and hopefully that will help. DH has something similar, but his is more in his chest. We're a fine pair.

So, no workouts. I'm itching to do something, but don't want to chance more of a setback. Reading some books, watching some TV, going to bed at 7 all week.

How was the rest of your week?

Beth

On Wednesday my MIL was out to lunch with friends and passed out. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance and spent the night in bed. I left home around 2pm and didn't back home from the hospital until 10pm. She was released on Thursday night. This has happened before and they don't know what is causing it. They checked her heart, she's had a stent since 2005 and all those results came back good and it wasn't her blood sugar. We are getting her some kind of life alert, reviewing the options this weekend.

As far as workouts, I walked yesterday and did STS legs on Wednesday. I worked last night, but will have next Thurs and Friday off. I'm taking PTO on Thursday to take DH to a medical appt. and then Friday is my normal off day next week.

Well I certainly hope you feel better soon. Strange that a nurse would not have sick time. Take Care

Today I did disc 16-CST and my own 15 min circuit of cardio/swings and weighted abs. I tweaked my knee getting up from sitting so don't want to push it.

Hope you are feeling better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.