Damage Control 2019

Today started my vacation! I go back October 9th. Got the house cleaned, 5 loads of wash done, and did the total body ball workout-live. It's the third one I've done. I've really like them all. First was the legs, then I did low impact boxing-it was kind of like hard strikes but easier and all low impact. It's nice to just have Cathe modify for me! What have you been up to? Studying a lot?

Beth

Yesterday was my off Friday. I put in over 90 hours and I'm sure my boss will say something about it. I don't get overtime, but they don't like us putting in more than 80 hours. We have so many meetings I can't get my work done. I went to WW yesterday morning, did STS D6-legs and some extra leg and glute work, and abs. We also took MIL out to lunch for her birthday. It was nice that DH, DS 1 and 3 could go. DS 2 was flying back from LA where he worked last week. Today will be another STS disc, laundry and a pedi this afternoon. I'm also getting back to de-cluttering/organizing something each week. Tomorrow I will do chapters 1 and 2 and then I have to present to the class on Thursday.

Wow, you have a lot days off. Enjoy your free time. I did download the free workout but haven't purchased any of the other downloads yet. I think the live downloads would be great. I have purchased the DVD downloads in the past and wasn't happy because you don't get the premixes. The lives wouldn't have premixes.

Today was CCC and STS D4-SCB. I've decided to do each week of STS twice. I wans't going to but since STS is a progression and I'm having to lower my weight a bit from the last time I did this, I thought I'd double up. I only did discs 1-3 once since I didn't decide on the twice through until I did week 2. Anyway, I'm sore and am working hard. Then I mowed the lawn and did laundry. I do need to get to the store for some more fruits and veggies.

Hope you are enjoying your time off.

Saturday I watched soccer and took a walk. It was a low energy type of day. Also played cards with the family that evening and got my grocery shopping done. Sunday I did yard work, too-raked 6 bags and then mowed. It was a really nice day here to be outside. I also did the live Low Impact Cardio Compound workout-fun, fun, fun!

Today I'm taking our youngest cat to the vet, going to the library to return a book and get a book on tape for the drive, taking some chairs to get refinished, going to the pool, packing, and there's a soccer game on at 3-so lots of errands before we leave tomorrow!

Beth

My job and this AWS training is so stressful. To make matters worse, I eat when I'm stressed. UGH. Yesterday was CCC in the morning and STS D6 Legs in the afternoon. Today I did Tabatacise 1-4 and the stretch. I think this is the first time I didn't do all 5 tabatas. I didn't have time in between meetings. Tabatacise is tough though, short and sweet. I tweaked my knee doing CCC yesterday and had to modify the tuck jumps in tabatacise to just jumps. Not sure if you noticed, but one of the new Step Boss dvd's is Imax 4-low impact! I thought you might like that one.

Wednesday-BR circuit w/o
Thursday-STS D8-B&T, walk hour-10K steps

Wow, you have been very busy. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Last edited:
We had a great time. The weather was nice and warm and we got to the beach. We also did a little shopping-I got a pair of sweat pants since none of my jeans fit anymore! We also saw the Downton Abbey movie.

It was nice getting away and being in a different routine. We got back late Friday night after stopping to see my aunt in Lancaster who has chosen hospice after a 42 year fight with cancer. It was a hard, awkward visit; but I had to do it.

This weekend my brother and I went to a craft beer fest that was a fundraiser for a home for babies born addicted to drugs (which my office really supports). It was a good time and I guess I do like IPA beer.

Making chili now and then planning on Low Impact Step circuit workout from my on-demand collection.

Glad you had your 3 day weekend to recoup. You need it with all the hours you're putting in.

Beth

I couldn't sleep last night. I hate when that happens. Friday was my WW meeting and I walked 30 minutes. Saturday-STS D7 CSB, walk 1 hour
Sunday-BodyRock circuit and STS D9-legs, also got in 10K steps
I'm much weaker this go round of STS. Where I was using 20#'s, I've had to drop to 17#'s or 15's on the upper body w/o's. That's whats so nice about STS. You just start where you are and increase when you can.

Today I was busy doing laundry, going to costco and then to the grocery store. DS1 had my car so I got a late start on my errands. I made home made tomato soup with the tomatoes my neighbor brought over. It's delicious. I've also been craving my own chocolate chip cookies so I made those too. I have 2 to 3 hours of AWS training to do but I am beat. I listened to the preview of the lesson and there is lab work required. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. It's 2 hours of online training, lab work, and then a test at the end. We also have to read a paper, the last one was 85 pages. The class is on Thursday, but this is a busy week at work, server patch week. This Friday should be my off Friday but I will have to work. I'm going to try to do shorter work days this week to make up for it if I can and that will give my time to get to my homework.

I'm glad you had wonderful time! It's nice to get away every now and then. Sorry to hear about your aunt.
{{HUGS}} Do you have Cathe on Demand? I did download the Live leg workout you told me about, but that's the only one. I haven't done it yet either.

I wanted to make tomato soup on Sunday as well, but didn't have any chickpeas on hand-so I ended up making vegetarian chili with all the black beans I had! Glad one of us got tomato soup anyway!

Sunday I did the low impact step circuit workout and Monday was a HiiT circuit. I'm trying to do more total body activities and keeping the weights lighter. I'm not signed up for on demand, but was able to download all the low impact workouts into my computer and then transfer them via the wi-fi to play on my apple tv. They have all been playing great and I have a library of 22 new low impact workouts to choose from.

I am starting a better way of eating-TODAY. My new plan is drink water, tea, coffee, and eat smaller meals. I really need to get away from snacking. I'm also not going to drink more than one glass of wine with dinner-maybe even for desert-if at all. I've got to do something to get this stomach weight off. None of my jeans fit and it's driving me crazy.

Today is my last day of vacation. DH has a dentist appt. and a follow up for his hip. We are also getting a new cell phone activated and going to Wal-Mart to get some supplies. I'm finishing up the wash from the weekend and of course it's garbage night and change the cat boxes night so it's going to be busy! I am thinking a metabolic workout at some point today as well.

Hope your week is going well!

Beth

I was up last night doing more of the AWS homework for this week. I feel like I bit off more than I can chew with this class. Then I couldn't fall asleep last night, finally turned off the tv around midnight. Workout wise I did BR circuit in the morning and a 30 minute walk in the evening. Today will be D8-Back & Triceps and I will also try to walk today. We in the 70's until Thursday when it is supposed to snow.

I've been sticking with IF and although I don't really have any weight loss, I do feel a lot better. I've been using the Life app on my phone to track. I usually do 16:8 and sometimes 18:6. I probably need to increase the time to one meal a day (OMAD), and doing a 24 hour fast every now and then. Fasting is also part of the Isagenix program and there was a 2 day fast every other week. I also need to cut back on my wine consumption. Just empty calories.

Baby Mandie is up to 2lbs now and is off the ventilator and is on a cpap machine with oxygen. She is a tough little fighter. I have another friend in the hospital fighting cancer. She is 56 yrs old and has been dealing with this for 5 years. It started out as tongue cancer and they have been hacking away at her for the last 5 years. They've removed her bottom jaw on one side and yesterday they were peeling back her skin from her nose past her neck to remove more. She doesn't have much time and this is a very invasive last ditch effort. My heart is breaking for her family.

You have a busy day planned for your last day of vacation. Enjoy your new phone!

Well, I've put in one good day of eating. I'm back to work today so we'll see how that goes. I packed plenty of no calorie drinks, two apples and a yogurt. It's only 40 degrees right now and I think I'm not walking-just do something when I get home at 5. I'm taking my Kindle in to read at lunch-book club is next week.

Good to hear Mandie is getting a little bigger and is fighting. I'm so sorry for your friend, though, how awful.

Beth

Today is my Off Friday, but I do have to work tonight at 7pm until patching is done. 2-4 hours. I just got back from my WW meeting and was down a tad, .4lb. I did track every day this past week and exercised 6 days. I need to get back to drinking more water. I'm going to focus on that this week. We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday but now most of the roads are dry and just the grassy areas are still covered. It will probably melt today or tomorrow.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Planning and prep are key. Do you have any weekend plans?

How is your weekend? I have been really tired lately and slept in both mornings. I did a hiit with circuit workout yesterday and then we took a ride through the leaves and ended up at Penn State for a few hours. We made it home in time for the game, which I guess they won-it was on until almost midnight...I fell asleep at 9.

This morning is chores around the house, workout later, and then grocery shop. Nothing too crazy!

Beth

One of my girlfriends, her son and her dog went up to the condo with me. We just went for one night. We walked around the marina and shopped. I haven't been in this unit in years since I normally just go to the one unit in summer. This is the unit next door and has the same floor plan. It is need of repair. We pay a lot for maintenance fees and I am really mad after seeing how poorly these units are being maintained. David is going to help me comprise an email to the management company.

I'm heading over to my sisters now and we are going to go look at some new homes near her.

I did STS B&T on Saturday, walked 13K steps yesterday, and STS CSB this morning.

bbl

We got our new plantation shutters installed. I'll send you some pics later. They look so nice and make the rooms look larger too. Yesterday I did STS Legs. Today I worked 10 hours and went for a walk, then to the grocery store, trash etc.

How is your week going?

bbl

Nice you could get away for a night and relax last Weekend. Can't wait to see the shutters! I think I texted you pics of the before and after bathtub to shower remodel we had done this week. (If you didn't get them let me know-we upgraded to an Apple 6 last week and I'm still getting used to it). The shower is guaranteed for life and I think it was a good move. DH is still using the cane and his balance/coordination without it is not good. At 66 I wonder if he'll ever get it all back.

My week is ok. Just working. Monday was pool, Tues. a walk, Wed. I did nothing. Tonight is pool, Friday is walk and clean and the weekend I will do some Cathe workouts (probably from the live I down loaded).

Beth

I found another house that I really like. My sister and I went to look at it on Tuesday and then I took my oldest son to see it yesterday. It would be a dirt build and would be ready some time next summer. Here's a link to the floorplan: https://www.dreamfindershomes.com/brighton-crossings-summit/ We are getting final pricing on the structure today. It would have a 5 bedrooms total, 3 on the main floor and 2 in the basement and a gourmet kitchen with a 12 ft. island. The master, my office and the girls room would be on the main floor and the 2 kids living with me would have the basement. The house would be across the street from a 17 acre park that is scheduled to be finished next year. The community has 2 pools, one for kids and an adult lap pool. It is covenant controlled and I'm reading through those all those rules now.

I did get in an STS w/o on Monday and Tuesday then just walked Wed and Thurs. Friday was my rest day and WW day. I was down over 2lbs and made it back the decade I was at last year. Now I'm in the overweight category and not obese. I hate being categorized that way. There is so much more to healthy than just the weight on the scale.

I have a lot of training to do this weekend. I've been slacking a bit. It's just so time consuming. I have to get it done though as the certification test is in December. I will be transitioning full time to my new role in January.

DS2 stopped by last night and we found out that he and all the other contractors were let go. He's looking for another job, again.

Your new shower looks beautiful. How is Dan doing? I'm sure it's a huge change for him to go from being so active to having to use a cane. Will his balance improve over time?

bbl

That house looks beautiful! I like the open floor plan, the walk in shower, the closet for the master, and the outdoor living area. I hope you guys can get it-it sounds like the right size-and had an exercise area! I used the new shower yesterday and it's great. DH feels like he's getting better. He's going to get on medicare part b this year and go for PT closer to home than what my company will pay for.

Yesterday I did a lower body blast with upper body on the ball live workout. Today was ICE rockem sockem with abs. So I feel like I got two decent workouts in. I'm ready for the week-wash, meal prep, shop, etc. Liverpool tied today-boo. Not much going on here. My dad got the freestyle libre for his diabetes to check his sugar so I helped him get that set up. My mom is sick with the flu. Get your flu shot! (If you want to, of course). Hope you got your studying done. Have a good week.

Beth

We are in the pre-approval process right now and should hear back tomorrow. If DH approves, then we will give them our earnest money. Otherwise, I guess we'll just keep fixing and improving our existing home. That workout room in the basement would be one of the boys' room to start. There is plenty of room in the basement where I could have a workout area though.

No workout to report for today. Unplanned rest day. I went to a new orthodontist to have the bonded retainer removed from the inside of my bottom teeth. My teeth are so sensitive and it hurt so bad. It's off and I will have a new retainer on Thursday. Oh-I got my flu shot last week!

I spent tonight setting up my new work laptop and copying over the files. It was not an easy task. I'm going to keep both pc's for next week to make sure I have everything over and can figure out how to use it.

How do the lives compare to the DVD's? Are they the same intensity as what we get on the dvd's? Hope your mom feels better soon.

Well, the lives are as tough as you make them...same for the DVD's for me anyway. I don't usually use as much weight as Cathe does anyway. Last night I did LI Legs Triset workout and 15's were my highest weight. My legs are good and sore, though! Monday I walked. Tonight we're going to the pool since I'm "late" nurse tomorrow-meaning I work 8:30-5:30.
Did you get the house?! I looked into those blinds but haven't heard back from anyone. It might be too rural where I live.

Good job on the flu shot! My mom will be ok, thanks.

Beth

Sorry for the radio silence. My last workout was Sunday. My workweek has been crazy busy with long days. I'm off today and will get in a w/o. I need to do week 4 the second time around and then move on to the Hypertrophy phase. The scale is finally moving in the right direction. I slept in a bit but did make to my WW meeting. David and I going to look at the house-1st time for him, 3rd time for me. We were pre-approved, no issues there. It is very expensive and we are struggling with a 30 yr. loan and higher mortgage payment. We would try to get it paid off in 15 to 20 years. If David likes the house, then we will crunch the numbers tonight and see where we fall.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? I will be studying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.