Damage Control 2019

Oh, back to report that I did a full body weight/cardio w/o this morning. I'm finally getting off work today at 5:30 so will be heading out for a walk shortly to finish up my steps.

On the travel front, what about getting a travel credit card to use now and save up points for travelling later? I'm hoping to do that after we move. I don't want to open any credit cards right now. This is something that I've been looking into myself. We currently use our cash back Discover Card for everything. We apply our cash back reward each month to our payment and pay of the card every month. The travel rewards will be worth much more than we currently get in cash back.

That is a great idea! Do you have any specific card recommendation? I see some advertised on TV (what's in your wallet?) comes to mind. I am definitely going to start doing some research this weekend.

I did PUB last night...with weights I could handle. Feeling good. Two days into this IF and I'm down 1 lb (maybe). I did drink extra water yesterday. Tonight is lower body.

Glad to hear you got done at a decent time last night, got a walk in, and did a full body workout!

Beth

Wednesday I did PLB and Thursday and today are just walking/working and I'm planning on doing my 20 minute timed core tonight just to do it!

My IF is going pretty good-I think. I've been eating between 12-7/8 about 80% clean. I've been drinking more water as well. As of this morning I was down 2 lbs.-I was hoping for a slower, steadier loss so I'm not sure this is true weight loss. I've decided to give this strategy until my next hair appt. which is in 8 weeks. Weekends will be tough-we'll see. I'm ready for it though-how about you? When do you start on-call-on the weekend or next week?

Beth

No workouts to report for Wednesday or Thursday. Long work days. I'm learning so much and am really enjoying it, although it can be stressful at times. I have to work tonight, patch night. Last month it was until 1am. I'm really feeling the need for a vacation. Waiting until August is a really long time. I had to do this last year also. Oh, I was down 1.4lb at my weigh in this morning. My fitbit finally bit the dust but DS1 had bought the protection plan with it so it has already been replaced. I was without for 2 days and it felt so strange.
I don't have any specific recommendation on a travel credit card. I would make sure it is not tied to a specific carrier or hotel, and that the points never expire.

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Nothing much going on here.

Oh my, its been almost a week since WE checked in. It's been a very busy work week. I had my 80 hours in on Wednesday. I can't take any time off since I'm on call. Honestly, it has been very stressful for me. I was able to workout on Monday, walk Tuesday, nothing Wed (worked 12 hours), and did 30 min w/o this morning and worked 11 hours. I'm ready for the weekend. 1 more day to go. One of my girlfriends wants to go kayaking this weekend or next. Sounds like fun to me.

It was Fathers' Day Sunday and DH's Birthday on Tuesday. Unfortunately he had to work all of those days. We gave him his gifts, but we never really got to have a birthday dinner. I did make him a dessert-Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake Brownie Pie. It was delicious. Good thing we only have these types of desserts a few times per year.

How was your week?

Hi!

My week has been full, but not with anything new. Just working, walking, weights, and trying to get enough sleep. I'm ready for the weekend, too. That cheesecake brownie pie sounds delicious! Have fun kayaking.

Beth

Yesterday I ran 3 miles! That is a huge accomplishment for me. This was my first sustained running since my knee injury in December. So far my knee is feeling okay. I stayed up way too late last night and got up around 6:45. I did Xtrain legs. My intention was to follow that with a cardio session but I just don't have any energy. I have a few errands to run but it will be a pretty low key day for me. I'm dropping some stuff off at the salvation army and taking some kids book to a buy back store. I probably should make a grocery list and do some laundry. I really just want to take a nap.

How is your weekend going?

I've been doing IF and have been feeling good. Today, not so much. I normally eat between 11-7. Well today I had meetings until 11 and that was the only time I could workout. I did TTM Xtreme premix, one of my favorites. I started feeling sick about half way through it, but I finished it. I don't normally have an issue doing my fasted w/o between 7-9 am, but 11 was just too much. I made my lunch but never really felt satisfied. I snacked on almonds and almond butter. Around 5 I had a flatbread with cheese melted on it-quesadilla if you will. I did RWH BSB at 6pm. I just don't feel good. Headache, bloated, just plain yucky. I'm fasting more than 16 hours, I rarely eat after 6pm and sometimes have dinner as early as 5pm.

Work is crazy busy. They allotted me 50% percent of my time to the new position, but didn't take any of my previous work away. .

How is your day?

Hi!

I had a good weekend-mostly spent at home reading, watching Women's world cup, and just putzing around. The weather was beautiful so I did walk on Sunday. I've been working out with the Fit Split series-push on Sat, Pull on Sun, and Legs Mon. I'm only doing the weight work outs with Cathe right now.

You are getting in awesome workouts plus running! No wonder you are hungry. I have not lost any weight on the IF. I'm still doing it, but am probably eating too much at dinner. I'm still 3 lbs. over where my prior baseline was. Some days it feels like I'm struggling to maintain the 3. We're constantly having luncheons at work which doesn't help!

Speaking of which...I'm off to work now. Have a great day!

Beth

I finally got in a workout today! Of course I wasn't driving two hours to see Dan! I did Ice kickbox with any impact modified. Feeling ok. The house is a mess of trying to figure out where to put stuff he needs. I'm going back to work tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. He is non weight bearing for at least two weeks. He's hopping around the house with a walker and sleeping downstairs. I went and got a lazy boy today to see if that is more comfortable than the bed.

What's going on with you?

Beth

No workout to report for yesterday. My job is so busy and I have a hard time motivating myself to workout in the evening. I took Friday off so I can have a 4 day weekend! We don't have any plans, but it's nice to have the time off. I'm heading down for CCC and RWH BSB. I bought some ribeye's the other day but just took them out of the freezer this morning. We'll probably have to wait until tomorrow before they are ready for DH to grill them.

How is Dan doing? Do you have any plans for the long weekend? Is it even a long weekend for you?

It was so nice having Friday off. I didn't do much, just relaxed around the house. I did go to my WW meeting, up 2lbs. Not sure what's up with that. This weight gain is very frustrating and I can't seem to get it under control. I did workout Friday and today I did a 75 min tough BR w/o and went kayaking for 2 hours. I'm still doing IF, but they say in can take several months to see scale changes. Plus I feel better not snacking all the time. I've been doing 16:8, but I'm thinking of trying 18:6 just to see if that makes a difference at all.

I'm cleaning out some of my dresser drawers. I probably have 60 pr of pantyhose that I have not worn in years. I'm just going to throw them out. I also have tons of lingerie I'm going through. I'm picking my favorites and getting rid of the rest. I pretty much wear shorts and t-shirt or tank top every day and jog bras more than anything else. I have a basket next to my bed with all my jog bras and I would like to be able to get them into a drawer.

How is your weekend going? Did you do anything fun for the 4th? Is Dan doing okay?

You are on a roll! Cleaning out stuff, getting good workouts im. plus doing IF! I've been taking care of most things around the house and working. Dan is doing as well as he can for someone with a broken hip who is not to put weight on it. He hops around from chair to chair all day alternating between reading/napping, TV, computer, kitchen. His pain is well managed and he had a "bath" yesterday. The house is what it is. DS1 did help vacuum upstairs and cut the grass. I'm getting into a routine of cat chores at night and urinal chores in the morning. One day at a time.

I did PUB yesterday and plan on PLB today. Cardio has gone by the wayside right now. Between cleaning and shopping and cooking I've prioritized weights. Glad you had a 4-day break! You need it after starting that new position with on-call.

Sorry I have not been able to check in much. Pray that his bone is healing. If it's dying inside he'll need a total hip replacement. We should know more next Monday at his 2 week follow up.

Beth

Tonight was garbage night and LITE Strong Stacked Upper Body. I love that workout! Have you done it? It's chest/tris, shoulders, back/bi's. About 6 exercises per set and repeat twice.

What are you up to?

Beth

I got a workout in on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I went and weighed in at WW since I wont be able to get to a meeting later this week. DS1 and I are off to the airport to go surprise the girls. They are in a parade tonight and asked us to come. They don't know we are coming though so it will be a nice surprise them. We have an over night flight back and both of us have to work tomorrow.
I have not yet tried stacked upper body. I'll have to give that a try. I've been doing more weight training and circuits as I need some cardio in my life to keep my sanity.

How is Dan doing? I hope the bone is healing. Hip replacement does not sound fun. My MIL has had both her knees and one hip replaced.

How was your visit with the girls?! Were they surprised? That was a great idea.

I've been going non-stop since Dan's accident. DS1 is not helping and I am angry with him. I told him if he wants to just be a guy who rents a room, then fine that's the way it'll be. I understand he drives and works 10 hours a day, but all I wanted was for him to mow the lawn. I ended up doing it myself yesterday. He just always keeps saying...tomorrow, tomorrow. Frustrating.

Dan goes tomorrow for his first x-ray to see how it's healing and if he can put any weight on it. I'll let you know!

I did get High Reps upper body and Great Glutes in this weekend in between all the household chores.

How was your weekend?

We had a great visit with girls albeit a very short one. They will be here on Monday though. It was a rough night though with the overnight flight back and having to work on Friday. No workout Thurs-Sat. Today I did a combat w/o followed by lower body weight training. It felt great to move. I am really struggling with my weight. It's exhausting having to track everything. I eat pretty healthy and have been having a lot of salads.

Sorry to hear DS 1 is not helping. Can't Dan get him to help out? My DH needed to intervene when the kids wouldn't listen to me. Nice job getting in your workout with all your other chores. Sometimes we just need our "me time" for our sanity.

The girls are here! It's so nice to be able to spend some time with them. I've been keeping up with my workouts and have done something a each day. The BR w/o's have been more weights based and I was wanting a tough cardio w/o so I did TTM Extreme premix yesterday. It kicked my butt for sure!

How is your week going? How was Dan's appt.?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.