Damage Contoll'in Thursday!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!:)

Of course I survived yesterdays bike ride....just never got to check in. I was kept pretty busy all day and I had a little 40 min nap. I soooo needed it! I was beat by the time 1 rolled around. I guess getting up 3 mornings in a row was tougher on me then I thought. I had a nice little sleep in today though and I didn't get up until 9!

The bike run was run. The hills were tough of course but hills always are unless your driving a car:rolleyes: Yesterday afternoon I did MM UB. Today we will be going for a run outside cause its finally sunny, I think it might actually be warm out there today:D. I guess I should soon start wrapping my head around training for this marathon again!:confused:

Going to read yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies.

Today's w/o was Tonique2/Disc2. The only thing I didn't do on it are the shoulder exercises. I also worked upper abs and inner thighs. Tomorrow it's on to disc 8! :)

Lori:: Glad you had a good bike ride. So what's the deal with your friends not wanting anyone to see you riding a bike??

Laura:: I had no trouble the first time I got my bb pierced either and this time was fine until DH effed it all up! :mad: The tear has actually healed but now the problem is I think I have some sort of infection so now THAT hurts. GRRRR. :mad::mad::mad:

Jacque:: I am liking STS over all. It's a time sucker b/c of all of the equipment changes which I am not a fan of but I am going to stick it out b/c I am enjoying the work outs. The 1RM's are working out okay for me. If anything some are too heavy but if I bump the weight down a notch it's fine.

Diana:: YIKES, DWP and heavy legs in the same day!!! How are those legs feeling this morning, girl?? :eek:

Hi ladies,

UUGGHH...DH and DS1 were talking too loud they woke up the girls already! Since they are up, I will skip my am w/o but have weights at lunch and bootcamp tonight. Not that it really matters since I don't feel like working out again. Who took my motivation??? I really want to finish this week out though as I may not w/o at all while on vacation. I will take some workouts with me but can't say for certain if they will get done.

Lori-a bike ride sounds fun. I haven't had my bike out at all this summer. Glad you got to sleep in today, that doesn't happen much for you. Is the marathon in October? The last time I ran my foot hurt so bad...and I haven't wanted to run since. The only running I'm doing is in bootcamp.

Wendy-my legs are sore this morning for sure...even went up to 315# on the leg press. You should try the sea salt soak for a week or so, that really helped mine after it started hurting from being tugged on or something, can't remember exactly what happened.

Hi Jacque, Laura and PunkyJen. bbl

Diana:: Oh how I curse when my son gets up earlier then usual! ;) When do you leave on vacation? I leave to go on vacation next weekend. I am trying to figure out what I will do for a work out. I am staying in a condo with my SIL and her family and I don't know how it's set up so not sure what kind of room/privacy I will have. I guess I will take my laptop and various work outs and see what I am able to do. I hope I can do SOMETHING! :eek: I have the sea salt spray but it's running out. I need to buy more. I am using the A&D still and the spray once a day. If I get more I will use it more often and hopefully that will help draw out the infection or whatever it is.

Hi -- Just saying hi to my Cathe buddies.

Off to summer school! only a few more school days left, then I get a week off. Happy times!
:D

Hello Ladies!!

I am a bit sore from the 30 min BH video .. I used heavy weights and it was sufficient enough to burn out the shoulders :) then we walked .. in the SWELTERING HEAT :confused: OH MY GOODNESS it is hot ..today we are under heat advisory .. reg temp to rise to 100 .. :confused: YIKES! We are to walk this afternoon too . but we may be "riding" most of the way b/c of the heat .. ystdy was bad enough .. UGH!!!

Wendy .. mine got infected .. and it was NOT fun .. ugh .. sending healing vibes .. hey have you done the butt/balance BH on the cardio disc yet?? I thought we may try that at lunch today!

Lori .. I can send you some of my temps ..sure Wendy would send some of hers too .. LOL .. man so it is still cooler there??? Me and VBF somehow managed to get ALL the hills yesterday .. they were houses on the lake .. and man .. there were some killer hills ..UGH!!!

DI .. saw the pics of the DGB's .. HOW PRECIOUS ARE THEY??? your motivation is prbly being swiped by a couple of adorable babies!! :p

Punky Jen - have a good day .. and only a few days to go .. woohoo . then a break!! woohoo

Jacque .. saw where CA had some quakes ystdy .. looked like mostly in the Southern part though .. hope you didnt feel it!!! I will say it is prbly the negative energy coming from my EVIL aunt that is causing the quakes :p

SO tmrw my mother goes in for surgery .. :( .. hoping it all goes well .. I was hoping it was going to be outpatient .. but it is not looking that way now .. soooo . she is to hear from the dr today to find out more .. I will be off tmrw on family leave .. the workout ?? it is doubtfull ... but will be walking the stairs etc .. heck I will pbly have to get up around 4 .. spend all day in hospital .. I am taking my laptop .. charging it this time .. so I will try to check in w/you girlies!! OK .. gotta jet .. SIL and I meeting to do BH butts/balance at lunch . then a sauna sweltering walk/campaining this afternoon .. have a great one!:D

Laura:: When your BB got infected, what did you do?? How did you treat it? How long did it take to go away? No, have not touched Bob's w/o's since bb has been hurting. May preview Butt and Balance though. If there's not a lot of high impact in it, I will have to try it soon! Thanks for the suggestion! :) Sending healthy healing successful surgery vibes to your mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girls!

Never came back for personals...yet!!! LOL I just got back from a run and it was sooo HOT.....torture really. I managed to stick it out for about 5 km and that was with numerous stops. Pushing a stroller + heat + wind= tired Lori!:DI was thinking about doing a HIIT but I think the sun really zapped my energy! I may call my running partner and see if she wants to go for a run tonight.

Wendy** My friends are weird like that. Actually, the one with that idea was my "friend",.....you know..the one I went to FL with but didn't see even though she was staying 5 houses away! Yeah...that "friend". The other friend doesn't care about stuff like that. It wasn't that bright anyway cause we were just getting back as people were going to work! LOL

Diana** I am sure you will make up for your missed a.m workout. I think I will try to find DS's little pool,set it up and then he can play in the backyard while I do some reading. I didn't know that you hurt your foot, is it ok? The next marathon is in Oct...I have lots of time yet! Or so I tell myself.

Laura** I think your mom will pull through her surgery just fine!!! We will be thinking about you and her!!!!!!!!!! Temps are good today...I don't need any extra sun or humidity! Thanks though!!! hehe!

Jen** Have a good day at school!!!

Alright...gonna jet again. Still feel like crashing though!

Lori:)

Wendy ..

Re: BB - I washed it in in tub/shower w/dial antibacterial soap - making sure to move the ring around and get soap inside (i have deep belly button and he peirced it DEEP) and rinsed it thoroughly w/water again moving it around making sure not to leave soap residue.. then I would swab tee trea oil (from health food store) around the peircing .. then I did sea salt rinses two - three times a day during the day .... it took about a week and it healed nicely .. (ps - the tee trea oil apply minimaly)

BH butt/balance - another WOW .. we did it at lunch .. NO IMPACT at all .. some core balance moves but should be doable for your BB ... my BUTT cramped up several times .. it works the crap outta your butt and hamstrings (he has you standing on one leg forever) .. I liked it .. very doable at lunch .. I DID SWEAT though .. and have a feeling I will be talking about DOMS in the BUTT tmrw!! :p

thanks everyone for the good vibes for DM - will check in w/you girlies and let you know how things are!!

BTW .. it is 101 degrees out RIGHT NOW .. heat index is to get to 107 - 110 :eek: :confused:

Laura:: Thank you for the tips. I am going to stop by the shop that will be doing my tat on the way home from work tonight. I need more of the sea salt spray I used when I first got it done. If there is a piercer there I will have him look at it. If not, I will just buy the spray. What kind of anti-bacterial soap?? I got a small bottle when I got it done but stupid me tossed it when I was initially done using it. They gave me something you might find in a dr's office, etc. Not sure where I would find that. Maybe shop I am going to will have it. Wish me luck. I have decided that if I don't have a good grasp on healing my BB by the time I am leaving for vacation next saturday that I will take the ring out and be done with it. I have been dealing with this for too long already. I am at my wits end with it. It's affecting my work outs and you KNOW that does not make me happy! :mad:

ETA:: When you say butt cramp, is it like Tonique floor work butt cramp or what? :-D

Last edited:
OK girls . . . no fair writing novels when I am short on time here ! :p Was good to see DH not on the computer for once too ! He's been off work for a few days and cuts into my check in time !:confused:

So last night was Imax original for me - made it through 8 intervals before dinner was ready - course I was DOG tired by then since it is on the high step. Man I can tell I haven't been working out much lately. . . Tonight is GS legs - my arms are still sore from Mon's workout ! :D

I think I'm going to do heavy weights like Pyramids, Slow & Heavy and GS, etc for the month and use Cathe's July rotation cardio choices for the most part. They are quite a mixture and sounds like a good "switch it up" group of DVD's.

Lori - I slept like a rock last night and actually jumped up when I saw the clock said 7 AM ! :eek: Apparently DH knew he wasn't working and didn't get up to make the foffee at 6 like usual. (I fell asleep on the couch all night). Had to run to get to work on time. Good you finally have some sunshine up in your direction. You have me wanting to get the old bike out for something different now ! :rolleyes:

Wendy - Good to hear you like STS - I don't like Meso 1 due to the # of switches also but Meso 2 has far fewer. I guess 1 is good so you end up using lots of different muscles in different ways with the changing of the exercises. I know A&D is an ointment I used for diaper rash, but what about using Neosporin which I love when I get cuts - heals them much more quickly than anything else.

Diana - Yea for sore legs . . . man, 315 ! :eek: You rock ! Sorry you lost your motivation but YOU KNOW I UNDERSTAND ! :p It will come back - perhaps you need to slow down a bit with work, the girls, vacation, etc. Lots going on and your body just wants a little bit of a break. The mind is a wonderful thing - sometimes it knows best. Besides - enjoy the girls while they are there ! ;)

Jen - nice job on the w/o y'day - I'm thinking I don't have Hardcore Extreme ? ? ? Woo Hoo to a week off ! Whatcha gonna do?

Laura - Make sure you drink drink drink today - AND I MEAN WATER YOUNG LADY ! :p Well heck - if ya gotta walk then might as well have hills for a good bootie workout, right? Yes, the quake was in LA which is about 4 - 5 hrs from here - LOL about your evil aunt ! :D Sending good vibes for Mom tomorrow. More enabling with the lunch workout today. I do believe I'll check my bank balance & credit card balance and see where I stand. Who can't afford $40 for some butt burning? :rolleyes:

Time to jet off back to work. Have a great evening ladies !

Hello and excuse me while I vent a minute!:mad:

Well, for whatever reason the shop never called me back so I'm not going there tonight. I could just stop in or call again but I'm aggravated and don't wanna deal with them now. I was reading info on caring for a piercing so I will go look for sea salt or saline solution and anti bacterial soap instead. Asked DH to look while at foodstore this afternoon but ofcourse he says he couldn't find it. :rolleyes:

Wendy - I used plan regular Dial soap .. looked up on internet and that is what they said to use .. I used the bar soap .. there is a wash the DR reccommended .. forget what it was called but the pharmacy usually will have it .. used to wash wounds ?? cant remember name of it .... sorry you are having such a time with it UGH .. and yes I VERY WELL can relate not being able to workout like you want to .. thank goodness I think I am finally healed (nock on wood) ...

re: butt cramp .. UMMMMM NOT like tonique .. :p .. dont think they come that hard of a cramp on anything other than that .. but a CRAMP IN THE BUTTOCKS .. same area .. just not as intense as it did on tonique .. but hey ... what is??? LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.