Daily check in Wed May 3

Good morning Phyllis... yes I do find myself jumping those!

Today is rest day, awwww..... I completed 7 straight days of workouts since beginning back in earnest on 4-26 after my vacation. I am ready for a rest day. I may make it an active rest day and do MTV Pilates Mix. I didn't get my abs in yesterday.

Have a great hump day!

Good Morning Ladies,

Hi Phyllis & Jane.:)

Today calls for a 45 min. steady state run and stretching. I'm not sure I'm committed to that since my legs are a little tight from yesterdays PS legs, stationary bike and walking Marathon! (not literally......just walked first with ds, then dd. I need to get everybody here at the same time to walk in a GROUP!!!!)

Anyway, if I decide not to run I might just mow the grass and count that as my cardio !!

Happy workouts to all !!!

Hey Phyllis,Jane and becky,

Well it has been a while since I have checked in here. Things have been going on and lets say exercising has been non-existent! But I am back on again and hopefully get in some sort of shape for summer time.

I will be doing PS chest,triceps and 30mins. on bike.

Have a great day!

kim

Morning Phyllis, Jane and Becky.

Today is PLB (probably a premix) plus abs and I am going to try to make it to the gym this morning for a run.

Have a great day!:)

ETA: Hi Kim! We were posting at the same time.

Slow go waking up today. My 15 yo Marley is competing in the National Cheerleading Competition on the weekend so today was another 6:30 a.m. practise, last one is tomorrow and I'm very happy to have a break from it. They've worked very hard since November to get here, I'm really excited for her (and proud too:) )
Today will be Janis Saffell Kick It, I'm looking forward to the kickbox step portion, hope it's intense! I'll finish with some yoga. I took the morning off as my 11 yo Faith is in a public speaking competition today, she wrote a wonderful speech about Superstitions (I'm proud of her too). Okay I'll shut up now:+

Phyllis, I like a little more 'ooomph!' in LM dynamic outer thigh lifts too:)

Jane, enjoy your rest or active rest day, you've earned it!

Becky, gosh those legs were BUSY yesterday, nice work!:)

Hey Kim, nice to see you, how's you foot?

Wendy, that's awesome that your loving the gym these days, keeps working out fresh, and a little more social!

Happity Humpity day!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning everyone,

Today was HSC, kinda pushing it at the beginning, but I was jamming by the end.

Gotta get some work done, DH has some procedures being done at the hospital today, so I have to get home soon to get him going.

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone!

Today is full body weights. I'll probably do Muscle Endurance, but Tigger just reminded me of the Pyramid premix that works upper and lower. Now I'm going to have to decide!

Good day to all;
Well I figured out how to see the check in forum - I need to click on the 'top' link to see it .

I'll be doing LoMax again this morning... I'm finding I really like this workout. Today I plan on the 2nd half of the premix as today I have very little time to juggle.

I wish I could be more 'vocal' on theseboards but this is basically the only time I can come here - while I drink my morning coffee before working out.

Once again the sun is shining here in NC and it's getting warmer so I plan on doing a nice long walk with the hubby tonight after dinner.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

:D

Good morning ladies

Phyllis...I try and keep them low....not that it always works...:)

Wow Jane...you did great 7 days in a row since vacation. Rest will feel nice!

Becky...I know I'd rather run than mow the lawn!!

Kim..nice to see you back. Have a good workout.

Wendy...looks like a good lower body workout for you!

Laurie...good luck to Marley and Faith. I think you are quite proud of your DD's...:)

Conni...sounds like you had fun with HSC.

Shannon...enjoy which ever workout you pick.

Annette...you have some rough days coming you...sending HUGS and prayers your way...

I am doing GS Back&Bicep, abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a good day...:)

Morning ladies! Today was PLB again followed by 200 walking lunges. I have to say that I am only a week and a half into this rotation I'm doing and I can already see results. My legs are definitely changing. It's great because that's my problem area. I never knew that increasing my strength training and slightly decreasing my cardio would make such a difference.:7

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Thanks for all the support I will be needing it in the coming days.

I had to get up early today so I got my workout in earlier than normal.

I did PUB up only with PLB floorwork and abs off of S&H Bis and Tris.

Nice weight workout totalling about 48 min.

Have a great day!!:)

Good morning,

Yesterday's run was great. I did CC#5, and I just ran at a pace that kept my hr around 85 for the hills since it's flat where I live.

Sandra, the cc series is great. I've found I'm able to push myself and do more than I ever thought I could. Thanks, Tammy, for recommending it. :)

Carole, do you have any suggestions on how to improve my speed? I'd like to eventually be at a 10 minute mile pace. (I know it's still slow, but it would be fast for me. :)) I'm considering participating in a 5K with my bil on July 9, 2006, and I'd like to know going into it that I can do the distance in 30 minutes. Right now it typically it takes me 40 minutes to run 3 miles. However, if increasing speed means I'll lose the fun factor, I'll continue to be the neighborhood turtle :). It's still a good calorie burner.

Today is PS Ba/Bi/Abs. No cardio is on the rotation for today, but I'd like to add something if time permits.

Tammy, how's your back?

Have a great day everyone!
Pamela

Good morning ..

I have been lurking for a while .. and trying to decide where to do my check in .. LOL .. you ladies are all so motivated and kick butt!!! Nice to have a place to go filled w/such a combination fitness maniacs, cardio haters, runners, and fitness freaks!! think I fit into each one of these catagories .. LOL!

Yesterday .. did cardio coach #5 at lunch .. and taught a 60 min. pilates/yoga class ... my core is a bit sore from the pilates!!

today is leg weight work at the gym at lunch ..and a 60 min. cardio step class tonight ..

Hope all of you have a wonderful day .. and great workouts!!

;-) :D

Good morning everybody.
Today is back and chest, probably a little abs. My legs totally need a break after working real hard the last 3 days.
Sounds like everyone has great workouts planned for the day. Hope you all have a great one!
Maeghan AKA megadoo

Morning Ladies,

I was off yesterday, took a vacation day. Yesterday I did PLB followed by a 30 minute jog. I haven’t done PLB in over a year, but let me tell you that workout is the da-bomb definitely DOMS in lower.

This morning I did one of me favorites Imax 2, love love this workout.. I am so excited…Low Max is being delivered today can’t wait.

Katie - if I may ask, what does your PLB rotation look like. I started another 12 weeker on Monday. And planning to use PLB and GS Legs quite a bit. Thank you :)

Teddygirl~

Good morning all. I'm running a little behind, so all I have time to say is a collective "good job/have fun" on all the above posts. Today is a leg day and I'm thinking Legs and Glutes. Have a good one all.

Teddygirl - I'm actually doing Cathe's August 2004 rotation "Body Fat & Legs/Glutes" It had you doing a lot of lower body weight training(two to three times a week). I don't have PS Legs or S&H Legs, which to rotation calls for a couple times, so I replaced those with GS Legs. It's a really good rotation because it focuses on lower body, but you still do enough upper body work and cardio. I did add some addtional cardio on the weekends and little extra ab work.

Katie

Katie - I will do a search to find it. Isn’t PLB a great workout. I did not match Cathe on weights, don’t want these legs to bulk. But I am feeling it today. Thank you :) :)

Teddygirl~

Bad start to the day today, toilet troubles x( plunging and bailing and YUK!!!!x( I was looking forward to a good workout but ,why do I try non-Cathe stuff, TLT's just okay, Janis Saffell just okay, the floor part of Kick-it will get more intense as I get used to her choreo but the step part (the part I was looking forward to the most) SUCKS!x( JMHO:7 Surely these very fit instructors can't be that fit from doing their own stuffx( I ended up bailing on Janis and doing the IMAX3 step only premix, StepBlast challenge and MM upperbody premix, I know that you know that Cathe is simply the BEST :) I'd better finish disinfecting the bathroom x( x(

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.