Daily check in, Thurs, April 20

SRP

Cathlete
Wow - am I the first, or did I miss something?

Today will be the Gauntlet, and all weight work will be legs. I also need to stretch, because somehow I forgot to get a good one in yesterday.

We're enjoying some rain right now, but if it dries out later, I may also try to find room in my flower beds for a few tomato plants, since the tiller is broken and I can't till up a spot.

Tomato planting is not going as expected. I planted 8 from seed, along with two pepper plants, several months ago. Bought them a special grow light, kept them all warm and toasty all winter. But darn it, they're not growing. They're just the puniest things! So the other day I actually had to go out and BUY plants. x( And they're not the special variety I wanted, either. Oh well, such is life.

Happy workouts, everyone!

Good morning Shannon and all who follow,

We must be the earlybirds today, I didn't think so though!:7

Today was Cardio Collectibles warm up and step portion, the SB Blast challenge and stretch, then Coremax 2.

Have a great day, it is shaping up to be a beautiful day here in Ohio!

Good morning Shannon and Conni. We are expecting a warm sunny day in PA today too. We really need the rain though. There are burn bans everywhere. I have too many errands to run tonight, so today has to be a forced rest day. Everyone else enjoy your workouts!

Daily Check-in

I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching again last night. I just finished Boot Camp, and my energy is slowly returning. I modified the airborne jacks and struggled through the terminators, but I really enjoyed the rest of the workout. This is definitely one of my favorites with super challenging core work. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Robyn and Annette, I am praying and hoping to read updates from both of you soon.

Where is everyone this morning?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

GS Legs for me today. I guess it has been a while since I did that one.....OUCHIES! That workout is killer. I will definitely need to put this back into my weekly rotation.

I'm late...hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Good morning ladies

Enjoy the Gauntlet Shannon. That is always a tough choice whether to plant tomatoes from seed or just buy the plant....I just love fresh tomatoes though, I can already taste the salsa...:)

Conni...good workout. We share your weather today, but it might rain tomorrow...

Robin...okay....I will try and get you some of our rain....:)

Heather...good job on Bootcamp...it really is hard and goes quite fast..

Tammy...I agree about GS Legs..in fact all those GS workouts can get you...:)

I am doing a superset of my own Leg exercises, a 5 mile run and Bryan Kest yoga.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Fitties!!

I think we are missing Jane & Phyllis, who usually start this for us each morning!! :eek:

Shannon, have fun with the Gauntlet! I did that Monday!}(

Yesterday OMG, besides my weight work, I ended up taking 2 long power walks , then a short walk in the evening with dh for a total of close to 10 miles!!!

This morning's workout was SS & PP chest & back x2, AbRipperX and Cardio& weights step only premix. I'm READY for a good protein fruit smoothie!!:9

Carole, I can't wait for fresh tomatoes too! I put salsa on EVERYTHING!!!!! MMMMMMM:9

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!!

Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Imax 2. My sister is in Metro Hospital Sick she has Lupus and have been dealing with this for years now. So please pray for us. If I am not too tired after my visit with my sister this evening. I’m planning on doing Muscle Max. But, if not tonight than tomorrow. My Core Max is being delivered today Yippee.

Have a bless day.

Teddygirl~

Hey Everyone!

Just finished a nice kickbox combo combining BodyCombat with Cathe's CK intensity drills. I've got late appointments so I'm going to sneak in 45 minutes of yoga to stretch the legs and hips. Had an awesome day yesterday lots of presents and warm wishes and my surprise...no cake...that's okay, Mom made an old fashioned butterscotch pie with whipped cream:9 My Girls gave me 2 CD's some Radiohead and Jack Johnson, I love that mix!!:)

Shannon enjoy your leg work, too bad the plants didn't progress as expected. Will you plunk them in the ground anyway? It's amazing what natural rain and sunshine can do for even the puniest plants!:)
Peppers are tough to grow here, they take so long but they sure are worth it.

Conni, sounds like a good mix!

Robin, running errands can be quite a workout somedays!

Heather, I love BC core work too! Med ball abs are my fave:)

Tammy, GS legs are the toughest for me too, it's a love hate thing for me. Slow motion lunges speak for themselves}(

Carole, have a good one, I get distracted by Bryan Kest, yummy yoga eye candy:*

Becky enjoy that smoothie, you earned it!

Teddygirl, your sister is in my prayers. It's so hard to see a loved one in pain ((((hugs)))) to you.

Lorrie, I am very curious about Powerstrike workouts, I've fallen back in love with kickboxing this past year, fun and effective!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Thank you,

Sometimes life just seems so hard for me its' like one thing after the other (it never ends) I feel like giving up most time but thank God I have you guys and Cathe to help keep me sane. Thank you :) :) :)

Teddygirl~

Hey all!

Shannon, sorry about your tomatoes!

Teddygirl, my thoughts are with you. Life *is* a struggle, no doubt. Don't give up though, better days will come. They always do. <<<hug>>>

Today is gorgeous here! I got out early for a nice bike ride. That's all for today though, because we think we may finally have found a house, and are busy putting an offer together, etc. Of course our agent is out of town, worst luck.

Happy workouts, buff chicks. :D

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Teddygirl - I'm sure praying for your sister. Lupus is not an easy thing to deal with.

For those who are interested ... the tomatoes are history. I tossed all those wimpy, ungrateful seedlings out into the woods. I decided to keep the peppers since even though small, they seem pretty healthy. I will plant the store-bought tomatoes, and they'd better behave themselves.

Morning ladies. Today was GS BSB plus C&W abs, then a 30 minute run. Tomorrow is my rest day and I think I'm going to need it!

Teddygirl - My thoughts are with you and your sister!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Hi y'all!:)

MM upper body premix + abs and a 60 min. fast paced walk pushing DS in the stroller!;)

Have a great day!:+

HI, everyone:
Today was a 1.5 hour class that consisted of boxing (with sparring partner) (I got hit in the snoz this morning and it still hurts), jumping rope, kicks of all kinds to a person holding a very large pad, and some kungfu 6 stance drills. Whew! Anything that makes me sweat that much must be good for me...I think. Now I need a big nap, but i have to get some work done first. And the bossman seems mighty crabby today.
Have a good workout all.
Suzanne

Hello everyone,

I still haven't worked out since I've been back, and I think that's why I'm low on energy. I'm definitely doing something today. I'm leaning towards a cardio coach and MM or some other total body workout.

Teddygirl, you and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers as are Robyn and Annette. Teddygirl, my sister also has lupus -- actually she has stage 4 lupus nephritis, but she still has a good deal of kidney functioning. Those flare ups are the worst. Since she started with Cathe, she's been feeling much better. She still has setbacks, but none which have required hospitalization in the past year and a half since she really upped her fitness level. Right now she's coming out of a flare up so she's been limiting her exercise to cycling. I hate seeing all the pain she's in. She didn't go on vacation with us because of the lupus -- you know, the long trip aggravates the joints, leads to swelling, her blood pressure goes up, etc. I really hope your sister feels better soon.

Carole, Shannon, and Becky, don't hate me, but I've been enjoying fresh tomatoes from my garden for the past month. :) In fact, I ate so many the night I got back to town I made myself sick, and ended up going to bed at 7:45pm. :+ Mmmmm, I love fresh tomatoes. I didn't plant any peppers or okra this year, but I think I might plant some this weekend. Okra is another favorite, and it grows pretty fast.

Do any of you plant herbs? I love, love, love fresh Italian basil, rosemary, and thyme. I also have cilantro, Mexican tarragon, and Thai Basil. For some reason the Italian parsley I planted just hasn't grown at all. What other herbs do you grow?

I've got to get motivated. Not following a rotation leaves me in a limbo where it's easy to get sidetracked, so maybe I'll just pick up where I left off with the August rotation. My last day of that one was a Thursday, so it kind of works out nicely. I'll let you know later.

Sorry to babble, but thanks everyone for just being here. It really helps!
Pamela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.