Daily Check-In TGIF!! 12-8

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness folks....

Oh, I'm soooo glad it's Friday!!:)

Yesterday the DM Ultra Cardio really wasn't that bad. It was a good calorie burner!

Today is GS BSB. I haven't done the GSs UB in a while. I am expecting some pretty significant DOMS.

Have a good one!

Daily Check-in

Good morning! Brrr! It is cold in Texas again. I woke up around 3:00 a.m. because I was shivering! I am so glad it is Friday so I can look forward to a cozy weekend at home.

As a word of warning, it is not a good idea to return to the Slow and Heavy Series and lift as heavy as you can after months of nothing but cardio and lighter weight workouts. Mercy! My shoulders were sore for a good 48 hours. My triceps and biceps are sore this morning after Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps yesterday morning. I jogged on my rebounder to warm-up yesterday morning. I am really enjoying weight training more when I do 20-30 minutes of cardio first as an extended warm-up.

I am feeling peaceful and free of stress during this holiday season. It is amazing. I am back on track with packing meals and snacks again, and I feel great. I have no desire for additional food. Planning a week of menus in advance makes eating clean so much easier. It frees my mind from thinking about food on a daily basis. I just eat what I planned to eat. It only takes a few minutes every night to pack everything for the next day. I am keeping my choices simple, so there is not a lot of preparation. My pastor’s sermon series on winning the battle in the mind is really helping. I am also listening to my Healthy Self-Talk CD every day. I am completely satisfied with my meals and snacks, and I have abundant energy. Glory!

All the sugar from my Thanksgiving celebration is out of my system, and I am simply amazed at how sweet green beans taste! I cleaned up my eating a little more this week by choosing organic low fat cottage cheese. I really cannot taste the difference, so I will stick with it.

Friday is fun cardio day, and I am looking forward to experiencing the Body Max 2 cardio blast premix for the first time this morning! :7

Jane, enjoy your Gym Style workout. I have a question for you or anyone else who wants to chime in here. I already have and love Gym Style Legs. I alternate it with the Muscle Max upper body premix. Are the other Gym Style workouts must haves? I am currently enjoying my Slow and Heavy Series rotation, but I want to rotate with another series after a few weeks. I have and love the Pyramids too. Do I need the Gym Style upper body workouts, or would I get the same benefits from doing the Muscle Max upper body premix twice a week instead of the each of the Gym Styles once a week? What is the difference in these workouts? Which do you prefer and why?

Happy Friday and blessings to everyone!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning Heather... The GS UB workouts are excellent strength building workouts. Of course S&H are strength-based also. I just like variety and the little differences that Cathe puts in each of her series to keep the muscles guessing. Before I got the GSs, I subbed the MM UB premix also. It is all about variety and how much you desire in your rotations. I also love being able to grab the exact workout Cathe has listed for that day. Those are the main reasons I have all Cathe's w/o's.

Glad to see you doing so well. I am about the embark on the holiday baking mine field this weekend. I hope I can hold it together so I can see some good results from this month's rotation.

Oh, BTW, the pyramids are among my favorite of Cathe's workouts!

Good morning all.

Heather, I am in agreement with Jane. I love changing things around.I also enjoy using the band in the GS. It makes the WO more intense for me. SInce They are under an hour, you can still do your cardio warmup first without eating up too much time. PUB is one of my favs also, but if I want to challenge my body, I need variety.Speaking of GS, I'm gearing up to do chest and tris this AM. Then, I'm off to finish my Chrismukah shopping. Heather, I started out stress free this season, but I can feel it creeping up. TGIF!! Phyllis :eek:

WOW, it must be the season for the GS series...everyone is doing it this month! LOL Enjoy ladies! }(

Jane, So you survived ultra dm cardio? Hmmm...I guess I'll HAVE to give it a go one of these days. I can't allow myself to look like a wimp you know!:p

I took a rest day y'day. My cold is really buggin' me right now. I may rest again today too but I'm not sure yet.

Y'day was supposed to be a run and today I have GSBS&B on the schedule.

I'll see how I feel later and then decide what I will do...

Have a great day!

Daily Check-in

Thank you, Jane. I am planning a 3-month rotation for the new year. I definitely like to change rotations every month. I am thinking about doing the Slow and Heavy Series one month, the Pyramids one month, and the Hardcore Series one month. I am just trying to decide if I want to alternate Gym Style Legs with the Muscle Max upper body premix twice a week or take the plunge and go for the rest of the Gym Styles. I have read reports about 72 push-ups in the chest warm-up! I think that is what kept me from ordering before. Best wishes for this weekend with all the holiday baking. Try chewing some sugarless gum while you bake. I traditionally bake on Christmas Eve. I will likely have a treat on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but I am not planning another week of celebration eating like I did for Thanksgiving. ;-)

Phyllis, set aside time every day to enjoy a segment of Stretch Max or Total Body Stretching. Cathe’s voice is so soothing to me. Have fun shopping. :)

Wendy, I hope you are feeling better today. If not, please rest. It is better to have 2 rest days in a row and allow your body to recover. I love your new avatar. Adorable! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

B & G for me today...

Jane: You're an animal girl...may the DOMS be with you!

Phyllis: Happy Chrismakuh shopping!

Heather: Your outlook is so positive...it's catching! The GS's are a must have if you enjoy the S & H's.

Tig: I hope you feel better soon.

Hello to all that follow....TGIF:7:7:7

Good FRIDAY morning Girls!

I did a mini-made up weight workout yesterday. With only #5 pound weights, I did bi, tri and shoulders. I don't know if it's good or pathetic that I feel it in my biceps this morning (the only one I doubled up on) :eek: Also did a few planks and some stretching.
Now I need to keep it consistant and gain some muscle back!

I've noticed I haven't gained any weight during this almost 4 month break from exercise but unfortunately I KNOW I've lost muscle. :-(
Not good!

Anyway, I'm thrilled it's Friday.....and hope everyone has a GREAT one!!!:D

Good morning,

Jane - Kudos on that cardio fix yesterday, I am duly impressed!

Heather - I love the GS upper body DVDs! That whole series compliments itself very well, imo. I am not even interested in the SH series because I think I have the best of both worlds in the GS series.

Today was B & G ( supposed to be a premix but I can't resist doing that whole workout.) This is one of the most well thought out workouts that Cathe has put together, imo. Great mix of weighted, non-weighted and floor exercises. The ab sections are great too!

Have a great Friday!!!

I did half of IMAX 1 today for my workout, haven't done step in a very very lonnng time and my feet knew it.

GS BSB is done... I keep forgetting that the time listed on the back of the cover is wrong, it says 62 minutes but it is only about 51 minutes long.

Tammy - the DOMS has settled in for a long stay I believe in my calves. GSL did a number on my calves day before yesterday with those calf raises... that's what happens when you don't do those regularly! I think DM UC yesterday just put on another layer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.