Daily Check in Sun July5

pwmatt

Cathlete
Good Morning all.

I never made it to the check in yesterday. i did something new for me. I did an outside run - 2.27 miles. I walked a little in the beginning, but the majority of it was running. I even through in a couple intervals. :) So, today, my inner thighs are sore. I think that is weird. Would you expect that after a run?

Conni, I've HEARD about that chicken! Can you let me in on your secret? My grilled chicken never turns out right. It's always underdone on the inside and overdone on the outside. My answer is precooking it in the micro and finishing it off on the grill. What do you think?

Tammy, how were your rooftop firworks?

Beck, I feel your DVD player pain! Nice recup though :) did you get the rain?

I can hear the kitties meowing for me, so I'm off to the shelter.

Good morning !

Off to walk on the bike path !

Yes, Phyllis, we got LOADS of rain !!! It did stop long enough to see the fireworks though. :)
DH got another DVD player all hooked up for me but right now EVERYTHING plays in BLACK AND WHITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least it plays, has sound etc, but I'm hoping we can figure out the color !!

Phyllis, Connie's the expert, not me, but lower the temp !!! If you are cooking on the grill and it's overdone on the outside but not thoroughly cooked on the inside that's usually the problem.

Good run outside. I would think YES taking a run outside is something different and will challenge your muscles in a new way ! Good going !

Have a great day !

Becky

Good morning!

Phyllis - I'm loving FB. Good going on the run. I commented on your FB wall about it.

Becky - I'm glad you got the fireworks in.

I am getting off track again with the workouts. With all the running, stress, then working this weekend and getting behind on EVERYTHING... I am really out of sorts. I WILL workout today if it kills me. I'm one week into meso 3 on STS and sooo behind but I'm going to just pick up where I left off. I don't even know what is on for today but I need cardio bad!

My life should go back to normal after the wedding but my weekends are totally filled up between now and the middle of September.

I'm working this weekend.... on a short break but now back to work....

Jane

*Good Morning Glories*

Today is a cardio day, probably CC#8.

Jane ~ Planning a wedding is a lot of work. I'll have to look you up on FB.

Becky ~ Enjoy your walk today. It looks like another nice day here.

Phyllis ~ Rooftop fireworks were spectacular...getting out of there, not so much, LOL! Great job on your run yesterday...I agree with Becky, you probably challenged your muscles in different ways.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear my chicken "gets around"!;)

Phyllis - Good for you on the run yesterday, I wish I enjoyed it more, but it just isn't my thing. I enjoy walking with CC though. If you are getting into the running thing I would highly recommend it.

Today I did 4DS KB. Tomorrow I start FF Feb 07 rotation.

As for the bird - No go on the microwave, it saps the juices right out of the poor guy. Season the chicken heavily,( I love McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning ), then bake it in the oven first at 350 degrees ( Breast - 30 minutes, Thighs - 35 minutes ), brush with sauce ( recipe follows ) , then grill for about 5 minutes per side at medium heat, just enough to carmelize the sauce and make it crispy!

BBQ Sauce

1 Tbsp. Veg Oil
1 Clove of garlic, minced.
1 1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Mustard
1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Worchestshire sauce ( spellcheck please???)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tsp Liquid Smoke

Heat oil on medium high, saute garlic until fragrant. Mix the other ingredients and add, bring to boil, then reduce, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add Liquid Smoke. Let cool.

I really love this sauce on chicken! I hope you do too!

MMMMMMMMMMMM Connie ! I'm going to try this too !!
Thanks for sharing but why do I suspect that you shared the recipe so I won't keep popping over to have it whenever you make it ????:p;);)

We had a great 70 minute walk on the bike path and then to Dunkin Donuts for a lite iced latte.

Becky

Yum... that sauce does sound good Conni!

I did HIS/LIS double cardio premix and STS abs - pilate style.... I feel a lot better!

YAY Jane !!! I love that premix ! and pilate abs BURNS !!!

Connie, I saved your recipe as "Connie's Famous BBQ Chicken" !:D;)
I'm going to make it one night this week.

Conni,It was delish!! I'm using that recipe to make the chicken for my DD's party next Sat! Thanks! :)

I am so happy you guys like the chicken!! I do love to cook, and my family are willing guinea pigs!

Becky, you are welcome any time. You just never know what is on the menu !;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.