Daily Check In, Saturday April 7, 2007

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning,

DH is the same, no change as of now. If he doesn't wake up by Monday, they will be doing surgery to give him anothe implant so that his muscles can function calmly and they can then wake him up. We are going one day at a time, obviously.

Today is supposed to be KM, but I really don't like that one too much, so I am doing Amy's KBX and ab work of some kind.

Good Morning Fit Friends!

Connie, does that mean the infection is gone?
How are YOU doing????
Your strength and outlook is amazing and I admire you and the way you are handling such an awful situation.
Just please remember to get extra rest if/when you can and to eat. It is awesome that you are keeping up the workouts!!!
:)

We got a burst of snow last night that left everything COVERED!!!
I was in my winter pajamas and bathrobe on the couch and had a fire in the fireplace last night, drinking hot chocolate !! That's very cozy and comfy but I don't want it after getting a TAN in the 85 degree heat!!!!!:eek: :eek: :(
It's only 19 degrees this morning. Unreal.

Today is KM for me too and I don't like it. It's the only Cathe DVD I ever got rid of !
I'm thinking of a walk/jog with CC or a bike ride in it's place.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!:7

Good morning Conni and Becky and all that follow....

Conni - I too admire your strength. It does sound like the infection has been handled if they are considering another implant. You are smart to take care of yourself so you can be there for him.

Becky - I emailed you back.... I believe Coach Sean would be a PERFECT sub for KM! Also you can add on the LCDs from your HCExtreme DVD.

Today's workout is a 45 min SS run and I'll be using the iTread 40 minute SS w/o I downloaded. I'll just add on five minute.

Have a good one! It is a COLD Saturday here in NC. 28 degrees!

Good Morning Girls!

I am running on EMPTY this morning. Late night last night!:eek: I was up early this morning as well. ACK!

I am meeting a friend for an outdoor run in a little while. I haven't hit the pavement in quite some time....This could be painful! LOL

Happy Saturday Cheetahs!:7

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is a rest day, but I'm going to do some stretching.

Conni: (((HGUS)))...your strength is admirable. I know how hard these days are.

Becky: I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hates KickMax...enjoy your date w/Sean;)

Jane: Let us know what you think of the iTread.

Tig: Enjoy your run...I can't wait to get outside to run.

Hiya guys!

It was Bootcamp for me this morning...first time doing that one, and I liked it.

I got 8 and a half hours sleep last night, so i am feeling MUCH more together then yesterday!

It is cold here too...25 degrees as I was driving into work this morning!

Conni...keep us posted...know my prayers will continue for you DH, you and your family.

Off to get some tax returns done!

Deb

Daily Check-in

Mission accomplished! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. God was with us last night in a powerful way, and He really had His angels around me. I could feel the prayers yesterday afternoon when He saved me from a serious car accident. I was driving to a session with my counselor who has an office next to our church. A large white truck was speeding down an intersecting street. The driver ran a stop sign and came within an inch of crashing right into the driver’s side door of my small car. By the grace of God, I was able to swerve to the right while he slammed on the brakes and missed hitting me by literally an inch. If I survived that kind of impact, it would not have been pretty. Considering his high speed, I am so amazed that he was able to stop in time. I know without a doubt that God had angels watching over me. I specifically prayed over my car yesterday, and I am so glad I did. Needless to say, I was a little shaken by the time I arrived at my appointment. I shared an update on my life with my counselor, and we prayed together because we did not have time for a full session.

We went to the men’s club as planned. I prayed outside while the other girls delivered gift bags to the dancers and served them a huge tray of fresh fruit. We also blessed the women and children at a local emergency shelter for women and children who are breaking free from domestic violence. I went inside and was so blessed by a little boy who joyfully thanked us and told us how much he loves Jesus! He was so excited to receive presents. The children are not able to attend school during their stay for security reasons. The abusers could follow the children from school to the safe house. The women in this place just left desperate situations. It was a blessing to add a splash of joy to their Friday night.

I left my car at the shelter, and we all squeezed into a Suburban and drove to the area of town where the prostitutes work. It is an unseasonably cold weekend in Texas. It was in the high 30s, which is way too cold for Texas prostitutes. None of them were working last night. We prayed because we prepared these bags specifically for them. We drove around and could not find them. But God provided a way. We met a woman who knows where the prostitutes live. We delivered their gift bags to them! One of them shared with Emily that she is 12 weeks pregnant and wants to turn her life around. I got to hug one of them. She was so surprised and grateful. The living conditions are deplorable. It broke my heart to see women living in such poverty. I know where they live now, and it is close enough to my office that I can drive there and pray over the place on a regular basis. God really answered prayers last night because this was a safer environment to reach out to these women. We were not in the best part of town, but it was safer than the street corner where they work!

We learned that there were 4 women in a local homeless shelter last night and drove over there to bless them with the extra gift bags because we had enough for them. Two of our girls went inside to deliver them, and one of the men went with them. The other guy stayed in the car with us. We take a few men with us every year to drive us around from place to place and provide security for us. While we were waiting outside the shelter, we saw a group of homeless men on the front porch. They were very upset because it appeared that they would be left out in the cold all night, and they were hungry. The shelter is on a lottery system because there is only room for so many people every night. The three of us girls were crying over these hungry men and could not just sit there and do nothing. Jesus commands us to feed the hungry, and feed the hungry we did. The guy who stayed in the Suburban with us got out and took their orders. He asked them what they would order for dinner if they could have anything they desired, and he told them that God would feed them. We ordered a pizza for one and drove around to the grocery store and an assortment of fast food restaurants and picked up everything from pizza, fried chicken, biscuits, mashed potatoes, burgers, and fries to cookies, candy bars, Pop Tarts, and blue Powerade! By the time we returned, the front porch was empty. We prayed and realized that they unexpectedly got in for the night. That was actually an answer to our prayers because we did not want them to spend such a cold night outside, but we were hoping that they would be out there long enough to enjoy the meal we provided. The manager of the shelter is very hesitant to allow special food to be brought inside because fights break out over it. As we were making our purchases, I kept telling the group that we should buy extra in case anyone else showed up. We did, and I am so glad. The men who were with us were on the front porch talking to the manager, and he was not budging. We were praying fervently. We promised these men a special meal, and we did not want them to leave them with the impression that Christians would make a promise to them and not deliver. One of the men peeked outside the window and was so excited when he saw us. I think he was surprised that we really did what we said we would do.

After praying passionately, God gave us favor with the leadership. They invited us to come inside since we had enough to share with everyone in the shelter. We provided a Good Friday feast for these men, and they actually got to enjoy it in a warm and comfortable dining room instead of outside on the cold front porch. Everything we bought was unclean junk to me, but it was manna from heaven to these men. They were so delighted. The joy on their faces was priceless. Feeding these men was the highlight of the night for me. Just imagine how much you love and look forward to enjoying a meal at one of your favorite restaurants. Most of us take that for granted because it is so easy for us to get what we want when we want it. I was also once again humbled and amazed at how little it takes to bring joy to people who have nothing. Emily’s husband told these men that the sky was the limit when he asked what they wanted. We would have bought anything for them. They were not greedy, and their requests were so simple. One of the men asked for a chicken wing because he knew how expensive a chicken breast would be. (We bought a whole box of chicken breasts and wings for him!) We are rich to most of this world. It does not take a lot of time or money to make a difference in this world. Love changes hearts and lives. Love is the most excellent way.

All in all, my experience last night demonstrated to me one more time that is it so much more blessed to give than to receive! I would do this every week if I could. My heart is so full this morning, and my cup runneth over. God is good! Have a blessed Easter weekend.

Hugs to everyone. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, love, and support.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Heather.... I am at a complete loss of words... just know that you made my Easter.

Tammy - you asked about the iTread.... I did the Steady State, vol. 11/40 and it was incredible. I can't recommend this one enough and I KNOW you will love it. It is not true SS... there aren't any sprints but it is a fast run at times... at one point she had the joggers (the settings I use) going up a 5% incline at 5.8... I couldn't do it..., BTW the runners were heading up that hill at 6.8!!... it was at the end of the run. This is something for me to strive for. I took it down to a fast walk at about 4.2 and still kept the 5% and I could definitely feel it. The music is fabulous in this one. I heard Push It at one point. Grace has a different style than Sean but she isn't annoying at all and she is very motivating. If you want to try an iTread... this is the one to try.

Hello All:

Just a quick check in for me as I'm very busy today but I did do Kick Max this am - I think I like KPC better but it is done. I'm not really into Kick boxing much I once had one of the PowerStrike and immediately got rid of it - just not my thing. Tommorrow is my scheduled rest day.

I really liked the itread 11/40 too as I did it this past Wednesday I think and it was a nice through run for me . This is the one I ended up purchasing after using up the other two free codes lol but I'm really glad I have this one too.

Conni continued prayers for your hubby.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Heather: :* :D Thank you for sharing this wonderful holiday story with us. I can only imagine how joyous you felt last night and this morning. The hope and heartfelt joy you shared last night will come back tenfold to you. OH ~ I am SO glad there was an angel on your shoulder yesterday afternoon. Have a wonderful Easter Sunday tomorrow.

Jane: Thanks for the iTread 11/40 report. I just feel so dirty when I stray from Coach Sean...like I'm cheatin' on him:-( .

Tammy.... did you download any free ones using those two codes that were posted? I'll definitely being using Sean more but it was nice to mix it up a bit. :)

Jane: I did get two free downloads and I also signed up for the 3 month package deal. So I downloaded iTread 11/40 and two iSculpt Ballets. I did iSculpt Ballet#1 today and let me just say my outer thighs and a** are killing me....:7

I think I'll be doing the iSculpts on my rest days.

I still like Coach Sean better;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.