Daily check-in Oh, so glad it's Fri! 3-9

luvtorun

Cathlete
YES the weekend is almost here!

Tammy - I hope your mom is doing better. Let us know when you have a chance.

Heather - When I read your post, I had to laugh with you! I've been thankful for "extra padding" a few times myself!;)

Today's workout is PLB and I'm really looking forward to that one. I'll have to do it later tonight but weights are not hard for me to get in later as cardio is. I have to go to the store after work and it is a definite have to!

I have a busy weekend coming up. My stepmom's mother's 90th birthday is tomorrow and there is a party to go to tomorrow. Also DIL's baby shower is Sunday and I'll be tied up with that all day.

Have a good one!

Morning Fit Folks!:)

Jane, How is your son doing? Have fun with PLB tonight. A birthday party and your DIL's shower in one weekend? Lots to do! Have a good time!:)

Tammy, Any news on your mom? (((hugs)))

Hi Phyllis, Connie, Becky, Heather and anyone else I may have missed!:)

I have Legs and Back on tap for today. I'm not doing ARX until tmrw since I just did it yesterday.

Yoga X last night felt great! I made it through the entire work out and I'm so glad that I did!

Good morning all!

Jane, what a busy weekend you have lined up! Wow, 90 years old! that's domething to celebrate.

Wendy, when I had the x wo's, I never did yogax. The lengthof it made it too forbidding.

B&G leg blast today. That is quite a wo!

TGIF

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good morning Wendy, he is doing better but still hurting quite a bit at the end of the day. He went back to the doctor last week and they told him it would be another 5 to 6 weeks to heal completely. He has an appointment to go back in three weeks for a check. They took followup x-rays and he lost 40% of his L1 vertebra. I know he will heal, he is young but the only thing that worries me now is a chronic pain syndrome developing from this. In my profession, I've typed on patients who have chronic pain and it doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Thanks for asking!

ETA - good morning Phyllis!

Phyllis,

Yes, Yoga X is VERY long. I don't do it in full every week. I've shortened it or done other (shorter) yoga work outs instead several times. I really love Yoga X but 90 minutes every week is a bit much for me too. lol

Jane,

I completely understand your concerns about the chronic pain issue. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Take Care!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

There is no change in my Mom...thank you for your continued prayers and (((HUGS))).

Yesterday I did a 30 min treadmill walk and Eion Finns Power Yoga For Happiness 30 minute quickie.

Today is PS C/S/T.

Jane: Thanks for the update on your son. I will continue to pray for his recovery. Have fun this weekend and eat a piece of cake for me:9

Phyllis: B&G Leg Blast is quite a workout!! Has your son made his college choice yet?

Tig: How many more weeks of the "X" do you have. Congrats for hanging in there!

Annette: Did you warm up?

Conni: What rotation are you doing this month?

Heather: :7 Thanks for putting a smile on my face:7 I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself...I've done that a few times myself. Thanks for your continued prayers.

:* :*

Tammy, DS was accepted to The College of NJ and that is his first choice. So even though the decision is not definite, I'm 96% sure that's where he will go! How about your DS? Honestly, I'm so relieved to be done most of his stuff, but DD#1 is in 10th grade and we have already started with PSAT planning and SAT prep planning! DD#2 in in 8th grade, do she's not far behind either!

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good FRIDAY Morning Girls!!!

Tammy, thanks for the update. Prayers are not stopping!

I got a little more than 5 hours sleep last night so that is better than the night before.

It's gonna be 59 degrees with some sun today!!!!!! We're finally going in the right direction!!! Fingers are crossed it stays and just keeps getting warmer and sunnier !:7

Today on the rotation is PUB, which I'm heading off to do now. Also would LOVE to get in a walk this afternoon. One where I don't have to BUNDLE UP!!!}( ;)

Have a good one everybody!:D

Tammy,

I'm in week 9 so I have 4 more weeks to go if you count the final recovery week. :+ I am ready for a change but at the same time I will miss the work outs (and Tony's antics) when it is over.:-(

Good morning,

Prayers are nonstop for both Tammy and you too Jane! Hopefully recovery is going to be better all the way around.

I am kind of doing the July 03 Fat loss and Definition rotation, but with substitutions. I did CTX upper body today, and added ab hits. I may do Imax 6-10 intervals tomorrow and then hi/lo from Christi. We shall see! Imax is on the schedule, but I just did the first 5 intervals the other day, so I may just pick up on that idea.

I love CTX upperbody Connie!

I just finished PUB and even completed every single bicep curl (using 8, 10 & 12 # weights). I did Amy Bento #1 abs instead of abs on PUB .

Now I am ready for my day!:D

Way to go Becky, I can't do 12 lbs on the biceps in that workout, I would fall over unconscious!

I had forgotten how much I like CTX Upper body. It is more endurance oriented, which I like.

Tammy, eventually I did, I am continuing to pray for your mother.

I did CTX Kickbox today for my workout, cardio only, then I have to go grocery shopping so I will be walking around Wal-Mart a little later.

Hope you all have a great day.

Pray for safe travel as the group from our church that is in New Orleans are starting their journey home today.

Hi girls!
I am new to the forums and would love to check in. Help me stay accountable.
I just finished my first P90X rotation last week. Now I am getting to stuff that I have missed.
Last night I did my very first cardio coach. #4 on my spin bike. It was hard but fun. I had done spinnervals before and wasnt sure if I would be able to listen to a workout without watching it! Well this thing is so hard that you dont need to watch!
This weekend I am going to do body max 2 for the first time. My DS gave it to me for christmas and can you believe I have not tried it yet?? Cant wait.
Starting the week after next I am going do 3 weeks of the instensity series rotation to get me back into Cathe.
I would love to go to the road trip. I am in Central Jersey so it cant be more than 2 hours away.

Phyllis- Very impressive that your son got into College of NJ, that has been very difficult to get into. My neice is in the third year and Loves it! My son is a senior this year too. Looks like he will be going to Rutgers. I also have a 10th grade DD!

Tonight I will be doing a 3.5 mile walk on the treadmill.

take care everyone!
Lori

doing a quick peek at lunchtime and noticed we have a newcomer. Welcome Lori!! This checkin really helps keep me accountable. The people on this thread are great! Look forward to getting to know you.

Well folks, I napped my way right through my opportunity to do Legs and Back today (LOL) so I ended up at the gym tonight. I did Itread set 14/45 mins. AWESOME run! I will do Legs and Back/ARX tomorrow instead!

Later!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.