daily check in Jan 10

Hi everyone!

Well I took a sick day today as I'm still not feeling 100% better. Boy I think I slept enough the last 2 days for Jes, Katie and Wendy!! It's as if my body is trying to catch up on all the sleep it's been lacking the last few months all in one shot! I can't tell you all how I HATE that I don't have the strength to workout still! I am so envious of all your wonderful and kicka$$ workouts:eek: :+ !! I still don't have much of an appetite (that's how I know I am REALLY sick, lol!) but I've started eating some almond butter to try to get some protein back in me and tonight I am eating some brown rice,veggies and tofu along with some soup. I hope by tomorrow I will start to feel like my old self!

Wendybdh, oh please don't feel the need to apologize, we all knew what you meant:7 :D !! Seriously I will send out a few prayers and good karma in the hopes that we will be hearing some good news from you very soon:7 I wish you the very best of luck and keep us posted!

Katie, I really hope the baby feels better soon!!

Jes, I just checked out the updated pics.......wow you guys look really good dressed up like that!!! Very cool costumes, did you win any prizes?????

Sandra, just when I thought I got over all of it, my body is telling me obviously I am very mistakenx( Although I am getting some of my appetite back, I really am not eating enough to be able to do a Cathe workout without keeling over. I also feel awful because it feels now that I've screwed up the entire Jan. rotation that I really wanted to complete...oh well I guess illness isn't something that can be scheduled...ughhh!

Carole, glad you are feeling better!

Wendymin72, your Clyde is just gorgeous! What a personality he seems to have:D! Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

I am soo itching to work out right now, I think it's driving me to madness.........I may just take out my Yogazone power yoga tape and see what I can do.

Someone I believe asked about Yogazone workouts earlier....I really like this series although it seems to have become exponentially easier after adding Cathe to my regiment. I still like to use it on light days. I may seem to be in the minority here but I absolutely do not mind at all having a male guide my Yoga sessions........I have tapes by Baron Baptiste and Bryan Kest and I think they are both wonderful instructors. Whether male or female, as long as they do their job well(making me feel thoroughly worked out and calm/centered, etc.), that is all I care about:) :)

Thanks everyone for you well wishes. Turns out she has an ear infection. So, we have her on antibiotics. I will be staying home from work tomorrow to be with her. I just put her down for a nap thinking I could do some cardio, but I really don't think my 3 hours of sleep are going to get it in the energy department. I will have to wait until tomorrow. I plan to do part of SB and SJP. SB is so much fun I look forward to doing it.
Oh, and I did ME yesterday. Still one of my favs.

Katie

Ah, Katie, the ear infection blues. Sorry to hear it. You'll be back at work by Thursday at the latest. My son had tubes put in at 14 months, and never had another ear infection. My daughter didn't have tubes because she "only" had 6 ear infections her first year and didn't qualify. Good luck getting some rest.

Susan

Hey all! i went ahead and did ME lower body premix and Allstep for more cardio. maybe i should get less sleep more often!!!

Sandy: good to see ya! glad you are getting the sleep i lost. at least someone is getting to use it! ABout the pics....yes, we did enter a contest and the band got to pic their fav and the audience participation also got to pic a winner seperately. we won the band's pic and got one of their dvds. whoo-hoo. no big deal, but it was fun. all night guys were comming up to Jay going "hey Hef! you're awesome! party at the mansion later?" it was hysterical really! i posted that so Carole could see jay with gray hair. I like it!!

Katie, ear infections are a bummer but hopefully the meds will help soon.

later!

jes

I've never done a check-in before -- this is great!

I'm following Cathe's January rotation. I'm enjoying it very much and I'm realizing that a planned rotation is really good for me.

I did PLB today (first time). I liked it a lot -- but the first exercise on the ball nearly killed me. The rest of the workout was fine, but I just could NOT master those ... well, it's where the heel of one foot is on the ball and your press up with the other.

YIKES!!! I thought I had good balance and strength. Apparently not. It kind of freaked me out how poorly I did those. DRAT! I failed those miserably.:eek:

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout. :)

Marla G.

Welcome Marla G.!!! Well if it makes you feel any better you are not alone......those stability ball exercises nearly killed me when I first tried them. They are still difficult but with practice you will get the hang of them}( :7

Thanks, Sandy -- that does help. I kept stopping and look at the TV wondering if I just wasn't doing them the way I was supposed to. They were SO difficult for me. Sigh.

Is there any other exercise I can supplement to become better at those (what are they called, anyway?), or do I just have to do PLB more often?

Marla G.

Marla, Welcome! I hope you check in with as much as you can. Don't feel bad about that stability ball work - it is sadistic. Sure, you could do the hamstring and floor work in her other videos; PLB's floor work with the stability ball is her most difficult, IMO. So, increasing your strength and endurance with other videos can help. Personally I've found that the best way to get better at the PLB stability ball work is..........to do the PLB stability ball work................frequently x(

Cheers, and good night!
Sandra

I must be outta my mind!

Cut ctx:kickbox short (skipped arm drills tonight) in order to watch a show...well, the show wasn't even on! lol So I decided to make up for the arm drills I left out and threw in ctx: step and intervals for the first time-cardio portion only. That was a fun one and I only got totally confused on the very last interval...I just did repeater knee lifts until it was over. lol The rest I caught on to pretty quickly. I'm so proud!:+
Have a good night ladies!

~Wendy~

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.