Cycle Max Question

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
I bought Cycle Max and don't have a bike. Is there an alternative to spending $500 for a spin bike? That is totally not in my budget right now. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

No, I don't have a gym membership or the digital download.

It is a good idea b/c I could play the workout on my iPod.

Why didn't I even think of that?

I have access to the wellness center where my husband works.

Amy, I have been searching and searching because I can't afford $500 either! Well, look what I found at Wal-mart! Its a brand new item and when I saw it in the store, they hadn't even put a price tag on it yet. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I sure hope this'll do for Cycle Max. Its a great deal!! Although its called an "exercise bike" it IS a spin bike, right? :eek: I've never been on a spin bike in my life... but I'm about to get on this one! :D Wish me luck. I hope this info helps you as well!

Gold's Gym Cycle Trainer 310 Exercise Bike
Walmart.com: Gold's Gym Cycle Trainer 310 Exercise Bike: Exercise & Fitness

Craig's List

Knowing that I was going to be getting this DVD, I started watching Craigslist for spin bikes. I got one last week (really nice too!) for $125. Used it yesterday, and it was awesome! Loved the DVD.

Christine Marie said:
Amy, I have been searching and searching because I can't afford $500 either! Well, look what I found at Wal-mart! Its a brand new item and when I saw it in the store, they hadn't even put a price tag on it yet. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I sure hope this'll do for Cycle Max. Its a great deal!! Although its called an "exercise bike" it IS a spin bike, right? :eek: I've never been on a spin bike in my life... but I'm about to get on this one! :D Wish me luck. I hope this info helps you as well!

Gold's Gym Cycle Trainer 310 Exercise Bike
Walmart.com: Gold's Gym Cycle Trainer 310 Exercise Bike: Exercise & Fitness

Yes Christine, it looks perfect and what a great price! GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

conniejj said:
Knowing that I was going to be getting this DVD, I started watching Craigslist for spin bikes. I got one last week (really nice too!) for $125. Used it yesterday, and it was awesome! Loved the DVD.

Connie is right...you can find amazing deals on Craigslist! We sure have! Just be sure you take someone else with you if you go to anyone's home! Smart to be cautious!

Yes Christine, it looks perfect and what a great price! GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Thanks DebbieH!! I got it yesterday and its already assembled and in my living room waiting for me to hop on and get my butt kicked by Cathe! I'm both excited and afraid LOL. :eek:

Christine Marie said:
Thanks DebbieH!! I got it yesterday and its already assembled and in my living room waiting for me to hop on and get my butt kicked by Cathe! I'm both excited and afraid LOL. :eek:

The only thing you need to be afraid of is running out of water and a dry towel! The workout flies by...trust me, you'll feel sooo worked and you WILL need to wring your shirt out, but it's such a blast! Have FUN!

I am going to buy one of the bikes like that - I think.

Do they take up a lot of room? My exercise area is rather small and I have to use it for all my workouts.

Do they take up a lot of room? My exercise area is rather small and I have to use it for all my workouts.

My bike takes up a considerable amount of space, slightly more than the upright did. The handlebars stick straight out so they make it hard to tuck the bike into the usual spot, but it is so worth its bulk lol. I took the ride with Cathe yesterday and had the usual "i think i'm going to die/Cathe's trying to kill me" feeling, so its definitely effective and worth it!!

Christine Marie said:
My bike takes up a considerable amount of space, slightly more than the upright did. The handlebars stick straight out so they make it hard to tuck the bike into the usual spot, but it is so worth its bulk lol. I took the ride with Cathe yesterday and had the usual "i think i'm going to die/Cathe's trying to kill me" feeling, so its definitely effective and worth it!!

Christine, Yah, you did it!!! Bet your heart was-a-pumpin'!!!!

Amy, it just all depends on how much room you have. It spin bike def takes up less space then a treadmill or elliptical. I think you NEED. One! :D

Hey Gratefuldog,

What kind of noise are you hearing? On mine, the chain does make a grinding (clicking?) sound while i'm pedaling and when i turned the resistance up tight, the flywheel made a whirring noise. If you hear the same sounds, then we'll call it normal because i was also wondering if those noises were normal. :confused:

~Christine

yep Carolyn, I'm quite certain we're hearing the same noise. I hear that grinding/clicking sound coming from my chain too. I also had to turn my tv up lol. I'll assume its "normal" for our particular bike since we're both hearing it. Have you heard the whirring, almost whistling noise from the pad pressing down on the flywheel when tightening the resistance? :confused:

...but hey, I'm just so happy to have found a spin bike at a reasonable price for Cathe's workout that I guess I'll just keep turning up the tv and spinning/grinding/whistling away lol :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.