Cycle Max and Spin Bikes

Shelbygirl

Cathlete
Okay, time to "'fess up". How many of you bought a spin bike when you heard about Cycle Max? For those of you who did get one (or already have one), what kind did you get?

I'm looking and could use some suggestions for a solid, low maintenance spin bike.

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

I never even concidered a spinning bike until I read that Cathe was doing a spin dvd. :)

I had spinned at the gym a few times and had my you know what handed to me! I am a runner and it whipped my a@#!

I bought the Spinner Fit from spinning.com. It is $600 and you make monthly payments, which works best for me and my budget. You get 6 dvds and they are great! I joined their dvd of the month because I like them so much.

I am a creature of habit and run mostly, but this spinning bike has ignited a new interest for me. I am LOVING it!

Cathe's CM is tough!

Hope you find something you like!

Gloria

I bought the Spinner Fit from spinning.com. It is $600 and you make monthly payments, which works best for me and my budget. You get 6 dvds and they are great! I joined their dvd of the month because I like them so much.

Gloria, I looked at the Spinner Fit bike last night. How long have you had it? Any problems so far? Thanks for your feedback! :)

Thanks for the responses and links. I appreciate your help. I am finding spin bike shopping to be a bit overwhelming. (I bought my car quicker!).

One question I have is which is better - a chain or belt drive?

Shelbygirl, I purchased the Proform bike from Dunhams since I found a coupon online. I did Cycle Max but only did about 65% of the workout due to much needed adjustments on the bike which I found out during the first ride. I would recommend bike shoes or cycle shoes plus gloves.

I bought one when I heard CycleMax was coming out. I have never been on a spin bike and never rode an outdoor bike for exercise before.

I researched several and sat on several and chose the LeMond RevMaster PRO. I really do recommend it. I chose this one because it seemed the sturdiest, quietest and was easy to adjust (seat, handles). I narrowed my choices down between the Lemond Revmaster PRO vs Lemond Revmaster SPORT. I chose the PRO because the handle bars were a bit thicker in girth, which made it more comfortable and because the handlebars were shaped a bit different and had more of an upward diagonal (multi-grip handles), which made it more comfortable in "2nd and 3rd position". It also has small front wheels to move around fairly easy (although, I decided to just put my bike in one spot and leave it). The PRO also accepts the Lemond "Pilot II" which is a bike computer (the SPORT does not). I also noticed a difference in adjusting the tension of the bike - both Lemonds were very smooth and "real time" (not sure if that makes sense). Some other bikes when I adjusted the tension weren't smooth and seemed to take a little longer.

The bike came with cages for shoes but I went ahead and swapped the cages out for clip-on shoes - makes a world of a difference IMO! The bike also comes with a pretty good seat but I swapped the seat out for a seat with a hole cut out in the center to prevent any pressure.

@ShelbyGirl - I hear that belt drives are better. I am told they are quieter, smoother and give increased inertia. I know my PRO has a belt drive and the bike is super quiet and super smooth. When I was shopping around, what I didn't like about some other bikes was that it wasn't smooth or quiet. I do NOT know if those had chain drives, but I do know mine has a belt drive.

Another thing I like about my bike is every adjustment has a number on it. So if someone else in your household rides, they can adjust the seat and handlebar to their position and you can easily and quickly change it back to your position (you write down the number for the up/down/forward/back seat, up/down/forward/back handlebars). I don't see there being any maintenance needed on this bike.

This bike was much more expensive than the other bikes I looked at, but I found it for a GREAT price brand new and am so glad I got it.

HTH!

It's funny you mentioned the LeMond RevMaster Pro and Sport. I actually just tried out both of these at a local fitness store and I LOVED them (especially the Pro). I suspect now that I've seen these, it's going to be hard to select something less. Another one I tried that seemed really solid was the Livestrong L S9.9IC, which was close in price to the RevMaster Sport.

Would you mind telling me where you got your RevMaster Pro? You mentioned the great price you recieved, but everywhere I've looked, the price seems to be about the same.

Thanks!
Shelbygirl

I bought one when I heard CycleMax was coming out. I have never been on a spin bike and never rode an outdoor bike for exercise before.

I researched several and sat on several and chose the LeMond RevMaster PRO. I really do recommend it. I chose this one because it seemed the sturdiest, quietest and was easy to adjust (seat, handles). I narrowed my choices down between the Lemond Revmaster PRO vs Lemond Revmaster SPORT. I chose the PRO because the handle bars were a bit thicker in girth, which made it more comfortable and because the handlebars were shaped a bit different and had more of an upward diagonal (multi-grip handles), which made it more comfortable in "2nd and 3rd position". It also has small front wheels to move around fairly easy (although, I decided to just put my bike in one spot and leave it). The PRO also accepts the Lemond "Pilot II" which is a bike computer (the SPORT does not). I also noticed a difference in adjusting the tension of the bike - both Lemonds were very smooth and "real time" (not sure if that makes sense). Some other bikes when I adjusted the tension weren't smooth and seemed to take a little longer.

The bike came with cages for shoes but I went ahead and swapped the cages out for clip-on shoes - makes a world of a difference IMO! The bike also comes with a pretty good seat but I swapped the seat out for a seat with a hole cut out in the center to prevent any pressure.

@ShelbyGirl - I hear that belt drives are better. I am told they are quieter, smoother and give increased inertia. I know my PRO has a belt drive and the bike is super quiet and super smooth. When I was shopping around, what I didn't like about some other bikes was that it wasn't smooth or quiet. I do NOT know if those had chain drives, but I do know mine has a belt drive.

Another thing I like about my bike is every adjustment has a number on it. So if someone else in your household rides, they can adjust the seat and handlebar to their position and you can easily and quickly change it back to your position (you write down the number for the up/down/forward/back seat, up/down/forward/back handlebars). I don't see there being any maintenance needed on this bike.

This bike was much more expensive than the other bikes I looked at, but I found it for a GREAT price brand new and am so glad I got it.

HTH!

Ditto on everything Gobias said! I have had my LeMond RevMaster Pro for almost 2 years and absolutely love it. Whisper quiet, micro adjustments on the seat & handlebars for a perfect fit, smooth tension increase/decrease, and the Pilot computer which measures RPM's, HR, distance, time, calories burned. Knowing the RPM numbers help to keep me working hard and in the zone. I got a great deal since I purchased the floor model and they threw in the computer and a mat for $1049.00. I also switched out the seat for a better one with cut outs. Can't wait to try out Cyclemax!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.