CTX series or TimeSaver DVD??

FirmNurse

Cathlete
I have been using Cathe for about 6 months now and finally have recovered enough (90%) from my Labyrinthitis (like Meniere's disease) that I "got" in March, to be able to do high impact cardio. Before the best I could do was strength training as I barely had the balance to walk.

Thanks to these boards, and others, I continued with my fitness routines, but modified as I got "better". My dizziness will probably continue for another 8-9 months, but that is a whole other story.

Anyway, I just purchased the CTX series and also the TimeSaver DVD. I have been reading the posts and now I have a question.

I need to lose some of my fat layer (about 10 pounds) especially the lower body. I have built some GREAT muscles with the S&H series.

Which of these would you concentrate on first? I would love to have fast results for fat burning. I have read that some people swear by the CTX series for more fat loss.

I have done a week with the CTX, using each of the workouts once. It's tough! Wow! So, anyone with any time and info to share with me, I thank you.

Jackie, I am glad you are feeling better. I have the ctx and love them a lot. Hi intensity and the work outs are shorter so I can add on some of my favorite pilates at the end. Leaner legs is a killer, but I love each and everyone of the ctx tapes and love them

I am sorry I can't help you with the timesaver dvd, but I really think I would like to get it, I like the idea of a shorter cardio work out so I can make sure to get my pilates in too. A friend of mine that posts on this board told me the timesaver wasn't as intense but still a good work out and she thought they were more fun.

I want to see what others say that have both work outs as well. I don't think we can go wrong doing Cathe's tapes.

I would love opinions too, for all you Cathe lovers. The dvd sure looks like it would be a blast.

Jackie, take care of yourself and I hope you feel 100% better soon, take care.

Debbie:) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;-) :D

I just received the CTX series last week, and have tried most of them out so far. (I plan on starting a CTX rotation on Mon.) So far I love it!!:) I'm truly sweating and feel like I've had a pretty good cardio workout within those thirty minutes. I also have the Timesaver DVD and as much as I love it, I have never really used it as a one a day thing. I always use it as an add on to other workouts...which is great. But CTX just seems so much more complete to me and IMHO I think for fat burning CTX would be better, b/c it is more intense. But I haven't started my rotation yet, so I'm sure that there are many more experienced here who can give a more informative answer. I hope this helps a little though!! :) :)

Hello!

I have had CTX since they came out - they are great! I also have the Timesaver DVD, but have just run through the whole thing once. I love CTX because they were all designed as shorter workouts. Timesaver uses pieces from several parts of the Intensity Series plus some bonuses. Both offer variety in less time, hit all body parts, and promote fat loss. I prefer CTX for its continuity. As far as fat loss goes, that is hard to say. Either one, with a super clean diet, should accomplish good results. I have also used the premixes on other DVDs to mix things up a bit. Well, for what its worth, that's my 2 cents!

I don't have TimeSaver so I can't make a comparison. I can only say that if you are looking to burn some fat through cardio, CTX has some tough cardio workouts that are very versatile. I've never used CTX as is. I use different segments from different CTX workouts and put them together according to my purposes, or I do my own combos using the CTX workouts with Cathe's other workouts. It has kept me from getting bored. I can also say that LL will definitely more than trim those legs.:)

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.