CrossFire breakdown of time, CB (Calories burned), MV (Met Value) and Equipment

Czechfan

Cathlete
Hi,

I'm back with Cathe's other new awesome dvd breakdown for CrossFire, so please enjoy.

CrossFire Workout DVD: FULL WORKOUT NO PREMIXES
Format: Warm-Up (6:30), Fitness Blast (8.50), Firewalker Tabata (4:55), Circuit Blast (22.45), Plyo Tabata (5:20), Stretch (6:45) - Total Time 55:05 CB= 676 MV= 9.0
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Blue Firewalker Loop, a pair 3,5, and 10 pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell,a set of Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker

Premix #1: CrossFire Plus Core 64:09 ( Blue Firewalker Loop, a pair 3,5, and 10 pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell, a firewalker band, a set of Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker) CB= 786 MV= 9.0

Warm Up
SEGMENT ONE: Cross Fire Fitness Blast
Firewalker Tabata
SEGMENT THREE: Cross Fire Circuit Blast
Plyo Tabata
Bonus Core
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #2: Timesaver Low Impact Tabata 17:56 (a set of Slide N Glide discs)
CB= 172 MV= 7.0
Warm Up
Low Impact Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #3: Timesaver Firewalker Tabata 18:09 ( Blue Firewalker Loop)
CB= 184 MV= 7.50
Warm Up
Firewalker Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #4: Timesaver Plyo Tabata 18:31 (a pair of 3 and 5 pound dumbbells)
CB= 172 MV= 7.0
Warm Up
Plyo Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #5: Timesaver Plyo Tabata + Firewalker Tabata 23:27 ( Blue Firewalker Loop, a pair of 3 and 5 pound dumbbells ) CB= 236 MV= 7.50
Warm Up
Plyo Tabata
Firewalker Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #6: Timesaver Triple Tabata 28:04 ( Blue Firewalker Loop, a pair of 3 and 5 pound dumbbells, Slide N Glide discs) CB= 294 MV= 7.70

Warm Up
Low Impact Tabata
Plyo Tabata
Firewalker Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #7: Timesaver Fitness Blast + Firewalker Tabata 26:59 ( Blue Firewalker Loop)
CB= 284 MV= 7.70
Warm Up
Firewalker Tabata
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #8: Timesaver Circuit Blast 35:59 (a pair 3, and 10 pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell, Blue Firewalker Loop, a set of Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker) CB= 393 MV= 8.0
Warm Up
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #9: Timesaver Fitness Blast/Plyo Tabata/Core 33:14 (a pair of 3, 5 and 8 pound dumbbells) CB= 405 MV= 9.0
Warm Up
Plyo Tabata
Bonus Core
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #10: Less Impact 56:16 (a pair of 3, 8, and 10, pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell, blue Firewalker Loop, Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker)
CB= 688 MV= 9.0
Warm Up
Low Impact Tabata
Bonus Core
Cool Down/Stretch
Premix #11: No Tabatas 53:56 (a pair of 3, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell, blue Firewalker Loop, a set of Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker)
CB= 627 MV= 8.50

Warm Up
Bonus Core
Cool Down/Stretch

Premix #12: CrossFire Extreme 73:44 ( Blue Firewalker Loop, a pair 3,5, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells, one 15 pound dumbbell, a firewalker band, a set of Slide N Glide discs, tubing for use as a marker) CB= 909 MV= 9.0

Warm Up
Low Impact Tabata
Plyo Tabata
Plyo Tabata
Firewalker Tabata
Bonus Core
Cool Down/Stretch

Have fun!;)

Nora

This is really helpful! Thanks so much for doing this for BOTH workouts! Now if only my dvds will arrive....

Hi,

these CB's seem a little high. I did Crossfire pre-mix #10 ( low impact) and burned 264 cal according to my HRM. I wish I would burn 600+ like this says. How are these calculated?

Deb

Hi Deb,

I got the info from the workout manager the breakdown info is from there. If you go to the workout manager and select CrossFire workout and select the Premix that applies to the one you did and it will show the same as the info I compiled and posted earlier. All info does come from the workout manager using the Met Values and Calories burned as provided for that premix. The same goes for TO THE MAX and all its premixes. I did not make these up on a whim they came directly from the workout manager you can even check for yourself. Its been mentioned before about the Met Value and Calorie burn a while ago and people disagreeing or having different results with their individual heart rate monitors showing different calories burned etc. I recall that the answer given then the purpose of the info in the workout manager is to give you a good honest ball park numbers/ranges. Now heart rate monitors will likely display different info also in can vary depending on ones own individual fitness level. That was the answer given in the forums. I hope that was helpful.

Great workout by the way~;)

Nora

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about the Calories Burned and Met Value. Am I correct in understanding these are different for everyone depending on fitness level, energy expenditure, etc? If so, how do I use these values?

Thanks!

Hi Stacy,

I'm not Cathe or a fitness professional, I'm just one of you. I know from years of posting to this forum this subject has come up. I do know that an elite athlete will likely burn more calories doing the exact same workout than an average person because their personal fitness level is higher. For example some our elite US Olympic Track athletes will burn alot of calories and they will consume alot more than you or I because their bodies are conditioned to burn more fuel and need that to power through their workouts. Now if you had that elite track althlete wear a heart rate monitor that showed calories burned and have them do a Cathe workout they'd probably burn more than the average person who is also wearing a heart rate monitor doing the same activity. I believe this is where a persons own individual metabolic burn and calories they burn on a average day and their diet and fitness level all figure in to the equasion of what they will burn interms of calories. Believe me, I wish I could burn elite athlete super fitness level type calories but I can't. I'm sure there is a mathematical formula or something that is used in the workout manager but I don't know what it is. My effort in copying and pasting info from the workout manager for cathe's to new workouts and all their premixes was just to give myself a general idea of what my own calories burned where for a given workout or premix. I thought that it was helpful to me to compile this because I personally like to know the following: What equipment is needed for a workout/premix, the calories burned, and the met value so I'd have an idea of the intensity of the workouts. Stacy, I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding it was only my intension to share the info so others would find it helpful to them as well. I only compiled via copying and pasting the info so it would be in a helpful and useful manner to printout and put inside the dvd jacket of the two new cathes workouts. I bet you could find more info online about this. I'm pretty sure calories burned varies on how efficientlly your body burns calories, diet, and individual metabolism so as I understand it there is not a blanket amount of calories burned that applies to every individual because that would not take into account the above mentioned variables. I hope this answers your question. ;)

Nora

Hi,

It's great that you compiled this for all of us, and appreciated :). I knew it came from the Workout Manager, just commented because I did the pre-mix and only burned a measley amount of calories compared to what they list there. Makes me wonder if it's my HRM that is out of whack or what.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Deb

Hi Deb!;)

I can tell you that my Treadmill and Stationary bike both are equipped with builtin heart monitors and calories burned and they never agree with my wristwatch type heart rate monitor either. So, I just use the workout manager because it seemed to be closest to what my heart ratemonitor tells me. I personally, tend to go by the workout manager because its at least in the ball park and in the range with my heart rate monitor. That's been my personal experience with them anyways.

Take care;)

Nora

Of course the breakdown isn't going to match everyone but you can see the relationship between how much you burn in various premixes to the main workout. I didn't get close to that amount either. I do like that you included the equipment needed for each & times. For me, I would select between the plyos, tabatas, or combination of those & circuit as an add on to a running workout & balance out total time spent, and specific activity vs. energy expended, I'm only going to do these twice a week (one TTM, one Crossfire). I think the main workout is good for that though too.

The breakdown here did make me go and recalculate my BMI, BMR, and BF because those things have changed, as well as my fitness level. My diet isn't quite as strict as it was last year & the year before, and that really could be better.

Premix Breakdown!

Dear Nora,

Just wanted to THANK YOU so much for this super handy breakdown you did for both of Cathe's latest workouts. I know it's tedious and time consuming, so thanks for doing this for all of us!! This is very helpful, and MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Marcia

Hi Marcy,

Your so welcome, I'm thrilled its helpful for you too. That was my intension when I did this. At first I did it for my own convenience then I thought the rest of you might like to have this handy as well. I'm happy to have been helpful.

Take care!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.