Cross Train Xpress - what are your thoughts?

macbeanur

Cathlete
This is one of the daily deals today and I am wondering if I should purchase it. I have almost all of Cathe's workouts and have pre-ordered the new series...and yet I keep wondering if I should get this one, too. I'd love to hear what those of you who have the series have to say.

It's a steal at that price. I don't do these workouts often because they get "lost" in my library of DVDs, but when I dig them out I enjoy them.

They're great when you want to have a short spurt of cardio, some ab work, then focus on strength training a different muscle group each day in under an hour.

I also like the All Abs bonus section and the Upper Body Split add on.
(Plus it's fun to see Cathe as she looked 13 years ago.)
Definitely worth adding to your collection IMO.

I love CTX ! My favourite is kickbox, I like to do it twice, the kickbox part! If you search there was a lot of positive things said on the forums 10 years ago about this set, how people were going down in dress sizes from using the set over 6 days a week, and a couple of months. Beware, leaner legs is known as meaner legs ! LOL

I like CTX. I am not a hardcore exerciser so anything under 60 minutes is great for me. I did kickbox this morning. I haven't done any of them more than once because I just got CTX on one of the daily deals earlier this year, but I like the fact that you get a little cardio and then work one muscle each day. This is doable for me:) The price was a great deal.

Totally worth buying. I sometimes just do the cardio portion of Step Intervals or All Step. They kind of remind me of the step portion in Intensity, not as hard, but you definitely get a nice burn. Leaner Legs is by far one of Cathe's hardest leg workouts...it's short, but very intense. Love it!!! Just so much variety, price is right...go for it.

I'd get it for the CTX Upper Body and Abs alone!! I get some great definition doing the UB workout! I like the cardio too, it's short and in my opinion more intense than the short cardio in the 4 Day Split series.

CTX is not one of my favorites at all. I will say I have only done the cardio portions of the set and just didn't find them that fun. I prefer 4 Day split much more. Lots of people love it though!

Last edited:
I purchased this two years ago on sale. I thought I just had to have it and it practically collects dust. I have done the all upper body once and the kickbox 2 or 3 times. I realize it is hard for me to work circuits into my routine. I am sure for those who really enjoy circuits love this series. I just dont use it like I thought I would.

I reach for half of this one often. I like doing upper/lower body splits four days a week and really enjoy both Leaner legs and the Upper body split. The ab work is short and intense. I do go really heavy for the upper body and pause the dvd. Leaner legs I'll usually do as is. Two days later and I'm still feeling it. I don't use the cardio dvd that often. If I do I'll usually do two of them together for the cardio of the day.

I love this dvd. It is one of my favorites. Leaner Legs is a very effective workout. I mostly use disc 2 with the upper body workout, Leaner Legs and ab work, and I would purchase it for this disc alone.

Thank-you all for your posts! You can also count on cathletes to come through! Definitely sounds like one to add to my collection...for leaner legs alone it sounds like.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.