Crazy, strong & loving it for April 29, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

Sorry, I haven't checked in in days:confused: just too much going on. As you all know, we had the movers/packers here on Tuesday/Wednesday. On Tuesday mother nature decited to sent us hail:rolleyes: all our grates got wet/soakeD, meaning the movers couldn't put anything in those. We had to wait until Wedesday for them to get us dry grates. So Tuesday because of the hail ( I mean, the streets/grass was covered in snow/hail! It looked like winterwonder land:eek:), WTH? The movers slowed down because of that, they wanted to pack us up in one day, meaning pack the entire house up until they are done! That didn't happend. So, on Wednesday they showed up with not enough grates:rolleyes: nor did DH and I saw any securiety tapes around on all our grates, DH stopped all the movers and had them drive him to the WH, I have a lot of antikes! To make a story short, we had to clear housing (our house on base) on Thursday at 9 am. I had DH change that until after lunch. It wasn't enough time to clean and get our stuff out of the house:rolleyes: We moved into the hotel (on base) yesterday. I was so beat! We also had to take the dogs to the vet to get them the health certificate, othewise they can't fly (which can't has to be in a 10 day window) Haven't worked out since Monday, I believe? Can't even remember? Now I have to unpack all our suitcases again, since they are all way to heavy. I will sent same boxes to my DD's house in DC:p We will fly to Atlanta Sunday, May 1. We will stay there for a few days, DH needs to check out our RV (make sure, everything is running and ready for the long drive to El Paso, TX. Once in El Paso, we have to pack our stuff up in our house, clean and get the house ready for sell. I will get a good workout in today and tomorrow. I doubt I will get a workout in on Sunday before we leave?? Have to walk the dogs good before they fly.

I missed you guys! I will be back later!

Have a great day and workout, everyone!

Last edited:
Well the rest did me good. I got up and got in a good shoulders/bi/tri workout followed by some Core Fusion ab work, all while watching the royal wedding, haha!

Here's how it looked:
Shoulders - straight sets
Overhead presses w/dumbells
lateral raises
overhead press w/barbell (I like the difference in using the two styles of weights)

Bi/Tri supersets:
SS#1
barbell curls
tricep extrension

SS#2
incline curls
kickbacks

SS#3
preacher curls
dips

all done 3x16 or 3x20 (for dips).
Did two 10 minute segments of Core Fusion Pilates Plus for the core, nice 'n toasty! Though I'm still DYING to run today, it's gorgeous out. Too bad work gets in the way, boo!!

Nora - SO HAPPY your new diet is leaving you with more energy. I had a feeling that might happen. And yay on seeing results - I'm sure they are there, you work SO HARD!

Belinda - oy on the moving drama, sounds pretty stressful, hang in there and safe travels!!

TGIF ladies, SO ready for the weekend!!

Today was cardio again and I did a quick Cardio Coach workout and then did a stretch.

I chose CC #8 but only did the warmup, Challenge #2 which is the two - 8 minute jogs and then did the cooldown. I ran the first 8 minutes at a 4.0 mph which isn't really fast, but for me its a good jogging speed and the second 8 minutes I did at a 4.2.

I chose Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch and it felt really good. My inner thigh was getting tight again with the jogging.

CARDIO STATS:
33 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
12 minutes in zone
18 minutes above zone
267 calories burned
1.75 miles travelled

My car is in repairs, we will get it back in a week. Hopefully I'll be able to ride my motorcycle next week to work. Looks like it'll be a bit chilly but no rain. Crossing my fingers!

Belinda - I certainly don't envy you. What a pain. I can't believe you got so much hail! Wow, this weather is crazy everywhere!

Jess - Nice workout, girl!! You go!

Nora - I'm so glad to hear you are eating more, I believe I've mentioned that to you before? Anyways, glad to see you have more energy! {{{hugs}}}

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today is going to be cardio of some kind depends on if we go fishing or not. Was outside yesterday and got a nice burn going but not from exercise.

Debbie-that was quick work on your car.

Belinda-doesn't sound like any fun at all and really stressful take care.

Chris-I only wear my bikini to the lake and to lay out in the sun not where there is people.

Nora-good job with CLX I am thinking about doing another round after I finish with KCM.

Jess-nice workout.

Hiya Girls!!

Holy cow, Belinda! your post made me exhausted!!! I can only imagine how you feel. I know you did all this traveling/cleaning/packing once before when you came to the states. This sounds even bigger!

Debbie: Glad they can fix your car! Sounds like a good mix of cardio and stretch today.

Roxie: Hope you get in a nice workout! It must be so much easier being off from work, no? I can't imagine going fishing and NOT getting a burn.

Jess: Cool deal on the good workout today! Core fusion is VERY cool.

I was actually thinking of doing it, but then took out Cathe's Lower Body Blast Barre bonus. I really like one and I knew it was 20 minutes. Well, plus warm up, it was 25. And then i did take advantage of the PERFECT running weather, and went for a run at the park. GORGEOUS there today. The flowers and the trees blooming. It smells like perfume in the air! It was a nice run! though my legs were a bit sore.

Going to do some chicken on the grill tonight! I'm excited!

Hi NOra! Also glad to hear you're feeling better with eating better! those moments make ya say, "DOH!", right? You take care of yourself so good there, and finally you found the missing piece!!

Hi girls!;)

I'll check in now since I just finished my workout late, but you can blame on Kate and William.

Here's today's workout:

Chalene Extreme- Burn Circuit 3= 32 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 262

Sumo Squats with Overhead Press #12 R12
Lunge with Calf Raise #25 R12
Squat with Lateral Raise #10 R12
Lunge with Frontal Press #15 R12
Squat with Calf Raise #20 R12
Sumo Squat with Delt Raises #10 R12
Squat with Double Overhead Press #15 R12
Lunge with Lateral Raise #15 R12 (Up 3 lbs from last week)
Sumo Squat with Calf Raise #20 R12

Turbo Fire- Fire 30= 33 Min
Met Value= 8.50
Calories burned= 383

Turbo Fire- Abs 10= 10 Min
Met Value= 5.0
Calories burned= 68 Min

Total calories burned= 713

Ok that's it for me just now, but I promise to comeback for personals later. I gotta go eat I'm starving after my workout.

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good Evening,

I forgot to post my workout from this morning. I went for a walk around the neighborhood with the wind gusting up to 47 mph, it was a 2 mile walk with hills. Layed out in the sun again today for and hour added to burn.

Stats:
33 min
17 in the zone
147 min hr
172 max hr
244 cals burned.

;)Hi girls!;)

Belinda- Please just take it easy you have a lot on your plate with moving from Germany to the US. That's no small feat so just take care we know its a crazy time for you right now and not being able to workout like you are used to in the midst of moving and movers and all of that. Just consider this accrued rest days very much earned being called in. Take care and have a good move.;) Besides, I think you get Xtra points for moving, that is a workout.:)

Jessica- Nice shoulders, bi's and tri's work there and Core Fusion Abs too! Sounds like a winning workout, WTG!!! I got up early to watch the Royal Wedding, it was awesome I loved Kate's dress and William and Harry looked very handsome in their uniforms. Yes, I'm feeling better with shorter workout times and eating 1500 calories a day that includes alot more protein and vegetables than I was eating before and drastically reduced fat. Of course today I feel tired I'm blaming it on Kate and William.:p

Debbie- Sorry that your inner thigh is acting up on you getting tight and very uncomfortable when you run, double darn. I'm glad that Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch does help with that. I'm sorry about your car being in for repairs. Did you get a loaner car while yours is getting repaired? Please take care and rest that thigh and do gentle stretches. ;) Yes, I'm feeling better more energy and just over all feeling better with big changes in my diet and limiting my workouts to 75 minutes max a day. It seems to at least make me feel better I'm keeping a food journal as well, that's new, whatever it takes.;)

Roxie- I hope you were able to get in some cardio today. Good for you getting into your bikini and looking good in it, Bravo!!! Be proud of that, well done. Oops, I see you posted that you did get a nice blustery walk in, gees strong winds too, I guess you could say you got some wind resistance too that'll probably increase your calorie burn. :D:):cool:

Chris- Wow, what a great workout you had on tap for today with Cathe's Lower Body Blast Barre workout. I've done that one before and its killer on the legs, that gave me DOMS and I never get leg DOMS not even with STS Plyo Legs. Oh my, and then you went for a run too? Double Wow, I bet your legs are feeling a bit sore. I hope you had a nice stretch afterwards. Glad you got to get out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine during your run today, good stuff! Yes, I'm hoping these changes I've made will help to achieve the results I want. At least its a good game plan and I'm stickin' to it.

Ok, girls that's it for me tonight. Get some rest and sleep well and I'll see ya at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.