Crazy, Strong and Loving it for May 28, 2010

jsutera

Cathlete
Wow. This is a first. I'm starting our thread today! Probably because I'm working from home this morning since it's a half day (and who really wants to waste time in traffic just to turn around and do it all over again a few hours later??) and because I had a fab workout this morning. Scott, Jo and I rode it out in Ride this morning like fiends, the instructor on Friday's is awesome! Before that, we did a little bicep/tricep work in the weight room, nothing too crazy but good to get some weights in before the longgggg weekend.

How's everyone doing today?? Ready for the weekend like me??

Jessica - I am soooo jealous that you get a 1/2 day!! You better enjoy it.

Today will be my rest day. Supposed to be doing a race tomorrow morning. Um, really not sounding like so much fun right about now LOL. I would have loved to have done a super easy run this morning as it rained last night and cooled back down to a manageable temperature. Hope it is cool tomorrow morning....

TGIF - Doing the Happy Friday Dance!

Clearly Jess recapped for both of us, but this morning's Ride class was my foray back into heavier cardio after the cold I've had all week...and for the record, DOMS from STS still in full effect, four days later.

Heather - good for you on the rest day...I really need to heed those more often (beyond the four I had last week of course and two this week so far from illness!) :)

Hey Girls!

You all start at the crack of dawn, huh? :eek: SOunds like some great workouts.

Welcome, Jo, to the check in! How fun to have you and Jessica here!

Today I would have loved to run, but my youngest son is home sick. His last fever was last night, but he tells me his throat hurts. ANyhow, I'm planning on doing the original Bootcamp in a few minutes...

It's my DH and my 22nd Anniversary today! Wish we could celebrate, but it's looking like that won't be happening. :(

Clearly Jess recapped for both of us, but this morning's Ride class was my foray back into heavier cardio after the cold I've had all week...and for the record, DOMS from STS still in full effect, four days later.

Heather - good for you on the rest day...I really need to heed those more often (beyond the four I had last week of course and two this week so far from illness!) :)

Yes, you do need to take more regular rest days Jo. You are WAY worse than me. Don't worry - the fab ladies on this forum will keep you in check ;)

Heather - what race are you running?

Today was cardio and I didn't like what I had on tap for the day so I chose Low Max. Haven't done this one in a while. Had a really good workout. It's amazing how much harder a workout is when the humidity is so high. I sweating like crazy. I did all segments and blasts except the last one because I ran out of time. I'm at work today due to the holiday on Monday. I have to do invoicing. Yay.

HR STATS:
61 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
42 minutes above zone
509 calories burned

Love when I see over 500 calories burned! :eek:

Jessica - It's called the Rock 'n Stroll. It's the first year for it and it's in conjunction with a weekend event called Riverfest (http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/)

Chris - hope your kiddo is better. Happy anniversary!!!!

Debbie - glad you had a good cardio session. I haven't done that one in ages either.

Jo - you will definitely be "checked" on the rest days around here!

Today was cardio and I didn't like what I had on tap for the day so I chose Low Max. Haven't done this one in a while. Had a really good workout. It's amazing how much harder a workout is when the humidity is so high. I sweating like crazy. I did all segments and blasts except the last one because I ran out of time. I'm at work today due to the holiday on Monday. I have to do invoicing. Yay.

HR STATS:
61 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
42 minutes above zone
509 calories burned

Love when I see over 500 calories burned! :eek:

NICE WORK!! I need to pull out Low Max soon, I finally have the full version of it - I had the DVR'd version I pulled from FitTV a long time ago and only recently got a new step that came with Low Max. Now I want to give it a shot. I love seeing 500 cals burned too ;)

Good Morning,

I went for a walk after work last night in the park forgot my hr monitor so I don't know how well I did. It has been so hot that I am exhausted after my walks and the humidity has been horrible it really makes me not want to walk 2 miles I want to quit after the 1st one but I keep at it.

Chris-happy anniversary

Debbie-I was going to do that workout tonite we will have to see how I feel after my walk.

Jessica-sounds like a fun morning, I to am jealous you only have to work half a day.

Jo-we will all make sure you get a rest day. I have to remind Debbie to do abs.

Heather-enjoy your rest day and good luck in the race today.

OMG..this day is flying by!!! I'm outta here in about 30 minutes...:D

Chris - Happy Anniversary. Sorry to hear that your son isn't feeling well, though. That stinks...

Debbie - ^^^5's on Low Max. That workout has a serious dread factor for me. Glad you enjoyed it and had a serious calorie burn to boot!!!

Heather - good luck on your race tomorrow. That's a cool name for a race..:cool:

Roxie - way to squeak out that 2nd mile. It's a good feeling when you're finished!!

Jess & Jo - sounds like you two rocked your workouts this morning. Shout-out to Scott too. Is he as all-out as you two are?!?!? I can only assume he has to be in order to keep up..:p

Nora - what workout/calorie burn are you going to blow us away with today?!?!

Okay, so as soon as I get out of here...18 minutes and counting...I'm going home to work triceps and CCV4 on my bike. TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK...:D

Jo - WELCOME!! How cool that you are Jessica's sister! And cooler still is the fact that you workout too. That's uncommon most of the time in families. I have one brother and he works out too, but usually only twice a week. Glad you joined us! Ouchie on the DOMS but isn't it just such a great ouchie?

Nora - Wicked workout yesterday girl! You smoked it! Nice job! Honestly, I don't know how you do all that.

Jessica - Nice workout this morning! Cool that you can work at home today. I had to come in to do invoicing since Monday is a holiday. :( Oh well.

Heather - Good luck on your race tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!

Chris - Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear about your son, I sure hope he feels better soon. :( Have fun with Bootcamp!

Roxie - What workout are you going to do tonight???

Melissa - Have a great rest of the day! And enjoy your workout. Low Max doesn't have a dread factor for me, but I really hate the last blast. I usually just do the step to segment 7 and skip the blast. LOL!!!

Oh what a beautiful day....:D

Just completed CCV4 (holy quad burn batman) & CTX triceps. Got a good burn in the tri's with this one and my bi's are sore from last night so I be a happy camper!! I am actually standing over my keyboard right now because I am soaked from head to toe and cannot sit in my chair...:eek: TMI??? Maybe, but I know you know how great that feels so I don't mind sharing!!

Okay, this sweaty Betty is off to take a shower. As soon as DH gets home we are taking DD mini-golfing. She asks us if we can go mini-golfing EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT....I'm not exagerrating. So this will appease her until tomorrow!!!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!

Awesome job - have a great weekend!

Oh what a beautiful day....:D

Just completed CCV4 (holy quad burn batman) & CTX triceps. Got a good burn in the tri's with this one and my bi's are sore from last night so I be a happy camper!! I am actually standing over my keyboard right now because I am soaked from head to toe and cannot sit in my chair...:eek: TMI??? Maybe, but I know you know how great that feels so I don't mind sharing!!

Okay, this sweaty Betty is off to take a shower. As soon as DH gets home we are taking DD mini-golfing. She asks us if we can go mini-golfing EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT....I'm not exagerrating. So this will appease her until tomorrow!!!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!

:p;);)Hi girls!;)

I'm sorry I never made it back for personals last night as my internet connection wasn't working, ugh!

I'm checking in now with today's workout:

Insanity- Max Interval Circuit= 60 Min
Calories burned= 942

Jessica- Wow, you like to start your workout early, but it does sound like a great workout and its always fun when you can workout with a friend to spur each other on, WTG!!

Heather- Wow, good luck on your race tomorrow. What distance is it? Its a good call to rest today so your well rested and ready for tomorrow's race. You'll do great!:)

Jolene- I didn't realize that your Jessica's sister until I read Debbie's last post, that's so cool.;) Ah yes, STS DOMS are the gift that keeps on giving for a while. I remember those. I'm sort of itching for a new rotation to start but know I should take a few days off after I finish up Insanity which I'm in week 7 of 8 total. I'm sort of anxiously awaiting Turbo Fire, I love kickboxing and love her engergy and music she uses. Hang in there with STS its awesome and I'm looking forward to starting another round with STS. You will get results and I know I did, nothing cathe like end results but hey, I'll take what I can get.:D
Great workout today for both you and Jessica, WTG!!!:cool:

Chris- Congrats on your 22nd anniversary!!! I hope you do something spectacular as soon as your schedules allow. I know how that it is when you little ones get sick. I hope he feels better soon.;)

Debbie- Great job with Low Max today! I know that's a killer workout. I think its one of those sleeper workouts because you don't think it will kill you since its low impact, ha ha ha, but as you know it definitely does. I hope your knees are feeling ok now. Thank you for your kind words about my workout yesterday. I'm just plugging along as best I can and staying in the good fight with working out.

Roxie- Nice work on your walk after work last night. I wilt in the heat now with MS. I understand about the heat taking energy and sucking it right out of ya. I'm proud of you that you still stick with it despite the temptation to quit. Good luck with whatever workout you do tonight, just have fun and keep water on hand.;) ps. Chalene's new workout coming out in June is Turbo Fire and is a Beach Body product.

Melissa- ^^^5's on CCV4 on your bike, that's amazing! I know how much fun and how challenging Cardio Coach can be first hand but I do them on my Treadmil with my AC on. LOL!! Hey, its what works for me as a member of Club MS.:p Great job Melissa and have a wonderful weekend!

Ok, ladies have a great weekend. I won't be checking in tomorrow because I had to move tomorrow's workout to Sunday. Tomorrow we're having the DirectTV guy come out and switch us from Comcast for TV. We'll still keep Comcast for internet, and they'll be out to work on our internet Tuesday, so I'm hanging in there with my fingers crossed on a working internet.

Hellos, hugs, take care to Belinda, Wendy wishing you all the best and good health.

Hugs!;)

Nora

Good Evening,

I went for a walk in the park and instead of 2 miles I did 2.5 it was hot a miserable but I did it now if I could just have that attitude with wts.

Stats:
40 min
38 in the zone
139 min hr
151 max hr
259 cals burned.

Chris, I just got an email that stated the official release date for Turbo Fire will be June 18th. Just thought I'd share.

Hugs!

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.