Covid in USA

Posting again because I am nervous about DH receiving the vaccine tomorrow. He is "forced" to receive it because his job requires travel. A few of his co-workers have already been so sick from the vaccine that they had to take a few sick days. I would love a reliable vaccine, but I feel that we are being fed what we would like to eat. We are supposed to believe the vaccine wasn't rushed, yet the push to develop the vaccine was literally called "Operation Warp Speed". LOL.....or not.
As for the Vaccine, I got it like almost three weeks ago. I feel fine. I got the Moderna one. I don't know if it is because of the Moderna one, but the only thing I had was an achy arm, but that wasn't too bad for like two to three days.

My mom had the shot too, but I don't know if it was the Pzifer or Moderna. She got a little sick with it and won't take the second shot.

I don't know if it was because I was younger, but I didn't have the problems like my Mom did. But, we both are O negative. So, I don't think it is our blood type.

Also, they say don't take Tylenol or Advil before and after the Vaccine.

In my opinion if you react with the flu shot then should be monitored or not take it. But, other then that it the cure is worse then the disease, but if you look at it that you are helping others because you won't be a carrier of the real Covid I think that is better!

Jennifer Denny

As for the Vaccine, I got it like almost three weeks ago. I feel fine. I got the Moderna one. I don't know if it is because of the Moderna one, but the only thing I had was an achy arm, but that wasn't too bad for like two to three days.

My mom had the shot too, but I don't know if it was the Pzifer or Moderna. She got a little sick with it and won't take the second shot.

I don't know if it was because I was younger, but I didn't have the problems like my Mom did. But, we both are O negative. So, I don't think it is our blood type.

Also, they say don't take Tylenol or Advil before and after the Vaccine.

In my opinion if you react with the flu shot then should be monitored or not take it. But, other then that it the cure is worse then the disease, but if you look at it that you are helping others because you won't be a carrier of the real Covid I think that is better!

Jennifer Denny
I can't wait until I get my vaccine. I agree with you Jennifer Denny, that at least with the vaccine you are not carrier of the Covid and helping others stay protected. Of course, everyone needs to make their own decision regarding the vaccine. I'm 62 with no allergies or particular health issues, but I won't getting my vaccine until late April or May, or even late Summer or early Fall. Hopefully, most of the states will have it figured out - this is a huge logistical nightmare for many states since they have never been in this situation. But I trust, we will get through this mess.

I live just outside Boston, it’s not so great here. I had stage 4 cancer in 2019(beat it!!) and had barely been back to work 6 months when covid hit. I work in a supermarket. I can’t wait to get my vaccine, hopefully by the end of this month.
I know I’ll have a reaction to it cause I had one when I got my flu shot and then both times after I got my shingles vax. I don’t care, people all over work are getting covid and id rather not find out the hard way that I’d have a severe case.
2 people I know have gotten it and died.

Had my second shot about a week ago. Had a good immune responce, meaning that I had a low grade fever, nothing over 100 and some leg aches for about 24-28 hours. Oh, and I was tired too.
Then I've been fine.
Glad to be a very small part of getting this crap done and over with
I go for my second in 2 weeks.
Posting again because I am nervous about DH receiving the vaccine tomorrow. He is "forced" to receive it because his job requires travel. A few of his co-workers have already been so sick from the vaccine that they had to take a few sick days. I would love a reliable vaccine, but I feel that we are being fed what we would like to eat. We are supposed to believe the vaccine wasn't rushed, yet the push to develop the vaccine was literally called "Operation Warp Speed". LOL.....or not.
I totally understand your concern and it is shared through many. I don’t have any words of wisdom to ease your mind. It is hard especially when
In is mandated by employers. I had my first one and will be receiving my second in 2 weeks. It’s a tough time with all of this.

Just reading everyone's experiences with loved ones, friends and those on our front-lines and would like to send you a distanced ((Hug)). I'm in BC, Canada. The second/third wave here has been very, very bad. People risking their lives by helping to care for us are getting very sick and of course, some passing. I think just due to us having a healthcare system for everyone is why we have come out of it better than our dear neighbours in the USA. That's probably all.

I had it back in late July. I had a little sore throat, and (TMI) diarrhea, extreme fatigue (not being able to get up at all) for about 17 days and overall it was a fairly mild case (I'm 42). However, the after-effects lasted to just up to 3 weeks ago. I ended up in emergency for chest pain and was scared of blood clots (I know a young man who died of Covid caused blood clot), but the ekgs etc. Showed just perimyocarditis.
What I'm really scared of are my parents who both have pulmonary conditions. It is such a time now of heavy sorrow. My husband's hours were cut, but our financial hardships have not been as tough as some others. It's just the weight of all of the collectives losses and grief we are taking on now. People are isolating (as clearly we ought to) and dying alone in their homes. It's just terrible.
Elsie, is perimyocarditis a minor thing? I worry about this most of all - I had Covid at Christmas and am still dealing with extreme fatigue every week or so. I'm sticking to intermediate and low key workouts because the first time I worked out post-Covid my heart rate spiked to 150 doing tricep kickbacks. :/

My blood type is type A+ and I definitely think there's a correlation! Glad you are finally feeling better!

Elsie, is perimyocarditis a minor thing? I worry about this most of all - I had Covid at Christmas and am still dealing with extreme fatigue every week or so. I'm sticking to intermediate and low key workouts because the first time I worked out post-Covid my heart rate spiked to 150 doing tricep kickbacks. :/

My blood type is type A+ and I definitely think there's a correlation! Glad you are finally feeling better!
Hi. I don't know if it's really minor thing, however I faired okay with it. Cardiologist said that it might be recurring or that I might not ever get it again. I have not been back for a follow-up CT Scan yet. I'm probably gonna wait until myself and DH are vaccinated as I am feeling fine now aside from dizziness (but I do have a recent history of sleep disorder and related seizures, so that could be the culprit). Like yourself, the Covid after-effects lasted some time. I went periods where I couldn't remember my last name. Very scary.
We do not yet know what the co-morbidity effects of this is fully going to be (ie. Organ and tissue damage, rise of auto-immune conditions etc.) Or how we as a society will try to do the work to handle it. I think a lot of people will need some level of disability assistance personally.
Anyway, hope you are recovering. If you're concerned about your heart, please see a doctor.

Everyone take care!

I feel most people follow the safety guidelines, but I wish more people would take it seriously. We have stayed away from my mother (80 yrs old) to protect her & she just got it from her apartment building. She has been in hospital for 12 days and is critically ill due to her pre-existing heart & lung damage from sarcoidosis. It is difficult not being able to be there with her, see her or talk to her without her crying. She has anxiety to begin with & this is making it much worse. I know the Dr.'s & nurses are doing everything they can, I just hope she is strong enough. My brother also went in hospital a few days ago w/heart failure & is having some procedures. I just want to thank everyone in the field that puts their lives at risk to help.

I feel most people follow the safety guidelines, but I wish more people would take it seriously. We have stayed away from my mother (80 yrs old) to protect her & she just got it from her apartment building. She has been in hospital for 12 days and is critically ill due to her pre-existing heart & lung damage from sarcoidosis. It is difficult not being able to be there with her, see her or talk to her without her crying. She has anxiety to begin with & this is making it much worse. I know the Dr.'s & nurses are doing everything they can, I just hope she is strong enough. My brother also went in hospital a few days ago w/heart failure & is having some procedures. I just want to thank everyone in the field that puts their lives at risk to help.
Oh ((BlakKat)). My thoughts are with you and you dear Mom & brother. Very sorry to hear this. It's so frightening when people have conditions already. I know I'm late getting back to the boards. Hoping she is alright.

Please accept my deep condolences to you and her loved ones. I'm just very sorry to read this.
BlakKat...my condolences... so sad
Thank you both! It's been a rough month, we also had to put our fur baby down. We were lucky to have her for 16 years. House is so empty feeling w/o her & I know we will eventually get another; it's just been a lot at once, so I appreciate your thoughtful messages.

I live in Florida and have been living my life normally since it started and I'm over it. Three people I know have come down with it and recovered 100% and one of them had Asthma. I'm lucky/BLESSED that it hasn't impacted me that much work is work and I have been working on a major project. My HEART goes out that have been impacted by it on a financial or work level. I had a trip planed and canceled it. I canceled it because I want to have a good time, and not because I was scared of it, If I get it, I get it and I'll recover. The BIGGEST impact / source of anger is for when I fly. I ALWAYS fly First and now all get on Delta is water and trail mix in a ziplock bag and the look of shame if you board first. They, claim it's temporary but I think it's long term. Anyway, I think I speak for everyone when I say WE WANT 2020 TO END!!!! that's my rant :)
Totally on the same page. If we look at the total overall death in the USA comparing 2019 to 2020 they are just about flat. I am not saying this virus does not exist...but the numbers don't lie. Even the CDC stated that only 6% of the reported deaths were actually totally from COVID. Not to mention the government was actually paying the hospitals at the first if they had COVID deaths. It started at 75k to 50k to 35k.
Numbers tell the truth. No doubt, I will get hate for simply speaking the truth. But the leftist media is culpable for being in cahoots with the leftist government to oppress people, take away their businesses and freedom.
If masks work, why do I have to wear one? It really is just oppression and theatre. And we all had it too and here we are to tell the tale.

With the second wave of Covid, I can't say that I'm not satisfied with something. A year ago, I was outraged that we were forbidden to go out. I was in a panic and even bought a coronavirus test on confirmbiosciences.com for the whole family. I was afraid of what was happening. Now I am satisfied that we can work without leaving home, buy food without leaving home, and even clothes. To be honest, I'm okay with it. Now I can earn more money and spend a lot of time with my family, which is the most important thing.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.