Could we leave a message to Sony?

Janie,

Please come back and take back what you said about being an idiot. Your post made me sad! :(

I'm glad you contacted them. Sony screwed up big time and they should know that Cathe is a big deal to us! I don't agree that you were stepping on her toes. And they aren't going to "punish" us by making us wait longer. This is a giant corporation! I don't think it hurts to voice a complaint when it is totally warrented. It's clear from their response that they handeled your complaint in a serious and professional manner.

Again, you're not an idiot.

Amy

Thanks everyone,

Sometimes I stick my nose where it doesn't belong. I think I'll move on now. I'll probably stir things up in the future, (because I have a lot of Janieizims in me, just the way I am) but hey, it is not meant to hurt anyone.

Take care everyone, I'll see you at the next post.

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

I know I'm probably going to get flamed here, but I think Janie did the RIGHT thing in emailing Sony about her disatisfaction about a service they are providing. In fact I was a bit confused about how many people thought she was sticking her nose in where it does not belong. I asked my DH who also works for a large company (I do as well) and he agrees with me. There are several reasons -

First - it adds credit to SNM's anxiety over the DVD's being late. Not only is the producer complaining, but the producer's customers are. This is a hot product and delays are not acceptable. If enough of us complain, the next time SNM uses Sony to produce the DVD's, they will be extra careful to make sure nothing happens so they won't get the complaints again. That's SOP in corporate America.

Second - the old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" idea. The more voice SNM has behind their complaint, the more likely Sony will realize that a process is amiss and fix it.

Third - each and every one of us is a possible Sony consumer. Issues like this can affect opinions on Sony and their other products and services. Sony deserves the opportunity to explain what happened, what they are doing to fix it, and how they will prevent such mix ups from happening again. We all make mistakes - it's how we deal with such mistakes that make the difference in what kind of company (or person) we are.

Now I'm not advocating that everyone email Sony and voice a complaint, but if you feel strongly about this, and feel that you want to be heard, then there is no reason not to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.