Could we leave a message to Sony?

janiejoey

Cathlete
Hi there everyone,

Just wondering if we couldn't leave a message to Sony and tell them to hurry it along with our Cathe's DVD's?

Janie

Ann,

Not good enough. They should do all 4 DVD's twice, in one day!

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

I really did leave a message to Sony about our delay, here is the reply:

Jane,
I am very sorry about the delay. There was a computer error in the planning process and your disc 2 metal parts were never sent out to our Pitman facility. Because of this error we are doing a corrective action and as soon as the process is corrected we should not have to worry about this type of error again.
We are working on getting a 48 hour turn around out of our Pitman Facility today to complete the late title. As soon as I get an anchor schedule date, we will call Chris Williams and give him a time to pick up the late discs.
On behalf of SONY DADC I would like to say we are deeply sorry for this mistake and we will do our best to make sure your product is done correctly.

Thank you for your e-mail and we look forward to continue doing business with Cathe.

Have a wonderful day,

Christopher Olesen

In the Ask Cathe forum under "Not the update we were hoping to post"

Janie

I can't believe Sony. How could they have made such a mistake. That is so crazy. They have had this stuff for weeks now and they know the order is for four DVD titles, yet they only processed three. Someone didn't catch the mistake until Cathe's crew was going to pick up the product. That is insane that no one caught this sooner. I guess someone there is snoozing on the job and not checking paperwork. Oh well, I guess since we've all waited this long, another week or so isn't too bad. Yeah right!

How is a message to Sony doing anything when Cathe already stated the problem and is getting it rectified? Sorry, but I would think that endless phone messages from fans might cause bigger problems in the long run. A few extra days isn't going to cause anyone to keel over. Just my thoughts.

Debbie

Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Debbie,

Your right, I shouldn't have e-mailed them. I hope my impatience didn't hurt anything.

Janie

The people who answer the phones and emails are not the same ones who ship the product. Calling and emailing Sony will not cause delays or issues. In fact, it's good for them to know that customers are upset with them for not providing product in a timely manner.

WHOA! I'm sorry, but I don't think it was your place to step in. This issue is something that Cathe should handle, not her fans/customers.

Atimen,

I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot.

Janie

>WHOA! I'm sorry, but I don't think it was your place to step
>in. This issue is something that Cathe should handle, not her
>fans/customers.

I think Janie's intentions were all good, and looking at the response she got, she wasn't out of line.

>I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot.

Not at all! Just a very enthusiastic (and getting impatient) Catheite!;)

>How is a message to Sony doing anything when Cathe already
>stated the problem and is getting it rectified? Sorry, but I
>would think that endless phone messages from fans might cause
>bigger problems in the long run. A few extra days isn't going
>to cause anyone to keel over. Just my thoughts.
>
>

I completely agree with this. Cathe gave us the reason already.

Janie,

Don't worry about what you did. Believe me, many of us thought of doing the same thing but just didn't actually do it. Maybe Sony does need to know that people are upset that way they will be more watchful. But knowing what a huge company Sony is, they probably wouldn't care anyways.

It's all good, Janie. No harm done. I was thinking that if tons of people called and/or wrote it might have gotten kooky, but no worries. We're all excited.

Debbie

Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

I agree. No harm done. Janie, don't sweat it. To a certain extent, a lot of Cathe fans here feel very protective of her and maybe there was some of that feeling that fuelled your response to Sony. You certainly have done no harm. I am sure Cathe is strong willed enough to give them a right bollocking on her own though, successful business woman that she is!

Clare

Janie, I didn't think you were an idiot at all, but it just seemed too soon to jump before Cathe had her say.

Sorry about that, I wouldn't want you too feel that way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.