Could use some advice about getting rid of old exercise videos

BAM

Cathlete
I know this has been talked about before and I guess I'm looking for validation on possibly getting rid of my old fitness videos. Yep, like lots of you, I have a ton of them. Here's the part that's holding me back on making a decision. I used to workout a lot and loved it! For the past 3 years, I've been very limited to doing any type of exercise, even walking at times, because of all the muscular issues I have. I always figured at some point in time I will be working out again to the same, if not better, capacity that I used to. With that belief, I felt I didn't want to give up any of my videos. However, it is now 3 years later and nothing has changed for the better in my body as of yet. I do have PLENTY of dvd's to work out to so there's certainly no lack of choices. The videos are taking up enough space that I wouldn't mind clearing but I want to look at this in the proper perspective given what's going on in my life. I'd like to not regret this down the road if I chose to get rid of them.

I would so greatly appreciate your feedback on this. :)

Thank you!
Bam

I got rid of EVERYTHING that wasn't Cathe. I donated all my Firm and Tracie Long stuff to our local library. I got the best results with Cathe and she stays current with the science. Now I am starting to look over my Cathe library and taking note of some of the videos I no longer do. I have steered away from long steady state cardio and find those DVDs are starting to collect dust. But I cannot bring myself to get rid of them...you know, just in case I want a blast from the past! So my advice to you would be to dump the ones that you are never going to use again and/or have old ideas as far as exercise science goes.

Thank you! That's what I need to hear more of. I really think that I truly do want to get rid of them but because of the attachment and all the joy they brought me, I'm having a hard time. That was something that was just for me. I spent many years building up that collection and am proud of it. Perhaps I feel that it is erasing an accomplishment in my life. :( I guess I have to try to think of it differently.

Congrats on clearing out your old videos. But there are those that are really hard to have join the donation pile. Holding on to Cathe videos are always an ok thing to do. You can't totally have the past go bye-bye, especially the great ones!!! :)

Bam

Likely for me, since I started working out Cathe seven years ago, I quickly realised how easy it was to slip into hoarding various program.

I decided not to buy from other instructors in case I was not happy with the quality of program. Well I still bought few program, kettleworx being one of them:(:(:(. There are only few of them I liked but till I do not really reach for them. The first I collected during the beginning of my fitness journey are collecting dust in my storage. Regardless of the attachment I am going to get rid of them.

Just as Nancy quoted above with regard to long steady pace program, I will refrain myself from adding more from now on. I do go with science and Hiit has just proven to work the best for me!

I will get of any dvd I no longer play! I need so much space.
I need to get rid of few equipment I no longer use as well:eek::eek:

You do not need to get rid of all of them. Choose the one you know for sure to reach for in future :)

Hope you manage to detach yourself from them!

All the best,

Last edited:
I don't know what DVDs you have but if you don't want to donate them, you do have other choices . You can sell them on amazon. You can trade them on videofitness.com.

After I found Cathe I quickly started adding to my collection and old DVD's never got used again. I started selling mine on Amazon to make some money to buy more Cathe workouts! I have very few left from other instructors...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.