Could someone comment on the new Kickboxing.....

nkuangel

Cathlete
That is the workout I am most psyched about, I am a kickboxing instructor myself and just don't know how Cathe comes up with her kicking and punching combinations.
Is it similar to KPC or does it just have the same feeling. I am particularly interested in the crazy punching combination that is shown in the preview, you know the jab cross jab, hook upper hook upper. Anything you guys could tell me would be awesome I have to wait till tomorrow to get my dvds but will probably not be able to do the workouts till friday at the latest.

Thanks
nkuangel

Hi nkuangel,

I just received my workouts yesterday, and couldn't wait to try out the kickboxing workout. Like you I was psyched by that crazy punching combination on the preview. I love this workout. Only wish it were longer. It is 30 minutes long, but Cathe throws everything into those 30 minutes. The punching is great, as are all the kicks. It is easy to grasp, and lots of fun to do. I can't wait to do it again.

It's not similar to KPC in that it doesn't put together very complex combos. She does only 2-3 moves per combo & then has you do high impact drills w/those moves.

The intensity level is also much higher than KPC, although it's a shorter workout.

Speaking of the crazy jab, cross, jab, hook, uppercut move. I almost gave myself a bloody nose doing it this morning! Doing an upper cut I punched myself real hard in the nose. Did I feel like an idiot! I was just glad DH wasn't home to see it!

Personally, I like the technique/form in this workout problably more than KPC or KM and the time flys as you do it. I did it cold,like I have done with other Cathe kickboxing workouts, but it was doable. The core work got me on this one.

I did this one this morning and LOVED IT!!!! I liked that the intensity level was high and that there weren't so many repetetive combos as there are in KPC and Kick Max. It was so much fun and a perfect 30 min. cardio workout. The warmup was also great.

I did this workout today and was not that impressed with actual kickboxing segment. It wasn't long enough to get any sort of real sweat going, so I did it twice, then continued with the workout. I knew these 4 day split workouts would be short on the cardio, but I didn't realize I would barely feel it. Though adding the tough leg and core segment did make for a good, solid workout, I must say I was hoping for more kickboxing. I thought the core segment was terrific; a very tough 8 minutes and my abs are feeling it. I also really liked the way she did the leg workout, with the four rounds. I thought it was a better leg workout than B&G, actually.

Now that I've done this one, I like it a lot better than I thought. It was a perfectly killer little workout. How hard I was working out acutally snuck up on me and I'm a bit sore today. I took a rest day and will do BC tomorrow. To me, the music is the biggest drawback to KB. It is quite repetitive and just not that motivating to me. Anyway, it is a great little sweatfest and I found the cardio factor and leg work to be just killer enough and again I say...sneaky. I was quite surprised to have a bit of DOMS today. The ab work is VERY, VERY good. Now that I've previewed and after tomorrow done all the workouts once, I can't wait to do them again next week giving at least 110%! Woo hoo!!!!
Angela:7

I did this one yesterday. I did the premix of weights first then cardio. I liked it. It moved quickly and is easy to modify. There are a lot of jacks in it(imo). The set up of the combos felt similiar to CardioSWeatfest by Tracey Stahele for me, just not as long. I think my favorite part was the standing core work at the end.

I think it is an excellent workout. KPC is still my fav Cathe kickbox workout but this one definetly takes second place.

Jenn

>Speaking of the crazy jab, cross, jab, hook, uppercut move.
>I almost gave myself a bloody nose doing it this morning!
>Doing an upper cut I punched myself real hard in the nose.
>Did I feel like an idiot! I was just glad DH wasn't home to
>see it!

I almost did this myself but I managed to avoid it somehow. I know I was in danger of it a few times when I was really getting intensely into it.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

I really like the kickbox workout (and the leg work that follows).
It DOES seem too short all by itself (partly because it's so fun: I'm just getting into the punching at the end), but it feels just the right length as a prep for the leg work. I didn't think much of the ab work when I was doing it (and I sat on a balance disc for the in-out leg move, because I felt I needed to add more challenge to it), but when I tried out some of the moves in Kelly Coffey-Meyer's new step-boxing workout while I was previewing, I could feel some deep ab DOMS going on).

To me, it isn't really like any of Cathe's previous KB workouts that much, though there are elements that remind me a bit of both CK and KM.

The only thing I don't like about this workout is that 2-3 songs are repeated several times during the workout (there are other songs as well, not repeated), and while they aren't bad songs in themselves, it gets a bit old: too much 'déjà vu'(or 'déjà entendu'!).

All I can say is "Wow!" I did the kickbox yesterday AM, loved it. Better than either KPC or KM. It did feel sorta short compared to her other cardio workouts, but you get alot done in that 30 minutes. Like I stated before, I am doing the Slim Series and Pilates for my weights right now, so I did the Kickbox and then the Slim Series "Firm it up" lower body workout. It was interesting, pretty tough actually.
This am, I plan on trying the LIS cardio portion. I love that Cathe understands we do not have to workout for hours at a time to get the job done, I love the shorter more intense workouts. They hold my attention, and I work harder knowing I have a set amount of time to get it done.

Thanks Cathe!

:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.