Could I be? Am I?

candori

Cathlete
Alright, I realize that I'm jumping the gun here, especially since I can't even do a pregnancy test for a few more days...but I'm dying to know. I'm having weird crampy feelings in my pelvic area. Could this be a reeeeeaally early sign of pregnancy? Please enlighten me. I'm driving myself crazy hoping and wondering. Can anyone here help me stop the insanity?

I can't stop thinking about it! Argh.

Hi there. It could be that you are pregnant, but it could also be premenstrual cramps, right? Hard to decipher! There is often bloating and slight cramping in early pregnancy, along with breast tenderness and swelling, just like with PMS! Argh. How frustrating! There's just no way to know until you take the test. :eek:)

Hang in there! The time will come!

Hi Angela! I have to agree with Michelle. The symptoms for both can be very similar. I guess you'll have to really wait it out to be sure. I hope the pendulum swings in your favor. I'll be thinking of you. Take Care!

My funny story

Hello,

Well, it could be! Funny, I don't ever read the Pregnancy forum, but your post reminded me of my first warning!

Two weeks after I had an unprotected evening with my hubby, I noticed that the premenstrual swellings were misplaced - instead of sore tender breasts, my elbows became terribly swollen! I couldn't bend my elbows!

And I turned to my co-worker at the office (stiff-armed) and said, "I'm pregnant. I know I am." And she said "NO WAY, you can't possibly know that!"

You know how you can do those at-home pregnancy tests the same day you miss your period? Well, my hubby and I stood in the bathroom and after I dipped the test stick, I ran and got a flashlight while we waited because I was SURE it would turn such a light pink we wouldn't be able to tell.

And we both stood there in complete and total shock when it was the hottest pink stripe you could ever imagine, like NEON pink, you could see it from the next county. We laughed and hugged clutching that darn flashlight.

The rest is history! But I guess I only wanted to say that I think women know their bodies very well and they are the first to know when they are pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you get good news!

Dawn P.

Switch Am I? to I AM!!

Pregnant that is!!!! I'm going to have a baby!!!!! How unbelievable! I must have looked at that test 30 times before it actually sunk in. I'm so thrilled I can hardly sit still. My husband and I want to shout it from the rooftops...but I realize that we should wait a bit before sharing the news. How long did everyone else wait before telling family and friends? Today is mother's day and I would love to tell my mom that she's going to be a grandma.

My mind is reeling and my body is doing all kinds of funky stuff. Cathe, I want to thank you in advance for keeping me in shape for the next nine months. I know that your tapes will help keep me motivated. (AND...by the way, how sweet of you to remember my first name...you are incredible!) Hope the plans for the new club and new tapes are going well. Will the new tapes be pregnancy friendly??

I pretty much know the basics of what to do and what to avoid...and I've read nearly all the posts on the forum. I know it's vain, but I'm already a little nervous about gaining too much weight, especially because I'm so short (4'11"). How much should I gain in the next few months? Anyone have tips on how to stay on course with an exercise program? Any tapes that were especially helpful? I'm really hoping that everyone will be kind enough to share their experiences. I learn sooooooooo much here.

I know, I know...I'm babbling...but I can't help it...I'm going to have a baby!!! WOW! Thanks for listening. I'm off to a nice Cathe workout to blow of some very excited steam!!!!

RE: Switch Am I? to I AM!!

Congratulations!

I am so happy for you. I too remember how excited I was when I saw the initial test. I wanted to swing from the treetops.

Just remember to listen to your body. It will tell you a lot.

Sheila Watkins

Congratulations!

What wonderful news!
Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy baby!
Erica

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thats so great to hear! Oh I can feel your excitement from here. I remember looking at the test over and over too. I called my husband and said "honey, are you sitting down?" It is the best feeling in the whole wide world, isn't it? Keep us posted on how things are going. After this video project is completed I will be more active on the forums again. Until then, big hugs to you and your family!

You ARE! How coooooool! So happy for you!

I just took a test two weeks ago, and I still have it sitting there, and I keep looking at it... I just can't believe it's positive! I keep thinking, I need to go get another test to be sure.... :D

Do you know how far along you are? I'm waiting as long as possible, but this is my 2nd pregnancy, and I have way too many reasons for doing so to list here ! LOL! I've read that it's recommended to wait till you pass your first trimester, but really, why wait if you don't want to? You tell everyone when you and your hub feel like it's time!

Congratulations!

Congratulations Angela! What a Mother's Day present!
For our third, we found out right before Father's day. Its kinda neat!

Don't worry about your weight gain right now. Pretty soon you may start feeling "icky"; sometimes you'll crave certain foods , sometimes you may be turned off by certain foods. Just listen to your body and try to work out or get rest, whatever you do, you'll feel better! And remember to drink lots of water, even more than what you usually do.

This forum is full of great info. Also read a great book by Clapp. Its all about exercise and pregnancy. Its very motivating.

Let us know the due date!
Joyce

Oh, a big, BIG "congrats" to you!!!

Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy (and baby!)
--Christine

Thank you, thank you...

I appreciate everyone's warm wishes and congratulations! It's so wonderful to have the support of my online Cathe buddies, since I haven't really told anyone. However, we couldn't hold out, so we told our families on mother's day. It was incredible! Everyone was so thrilled it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

So far, things are going well. I've had a few bouts of ickiness, but it's not so bad. My mood swings are a little shocking as are the size of my breasts!

I haven't been to the doctor yet (I've got an appointment on June 14th). From Babycenter.com's calculations, I'm due on January 20th. I still go through periods where it doesn't seem real. It's just hard to fathom that my body is actually making another human being. What a miracle.

Hi Candori!

I'm so glad things are going well. Also, that your family is so supportive and happy for you. How nice!! Keep us posted on how you are doing.You are right, it is truly a miracle what takes place in nine months within you! ENJOY every minute of it.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.