Costco Coming My Way

melagras

Cathlete
They finally announced in today's paper that Costco is coming. There have been rumors flying around for months now. Is there any major difference between Costco and Sam's Club? I find it interesting that one of the Sam's Clubs in my area relocated less than 3 miles from Costco's new location.

I now live in an area where we only have Costco (no Sam's) but a long time ago when I did have a choice between the two stores, I preferred Costco. I can't give you an up-to-date comparison but I can say that I truly love Costco. The Costco return policy is amazing and generous, and pretty much no questions asked. I've returned everything you could imagine without hassle: leather couches, blenders, clothing, opened but yucky spices, produce that wasn't up to par. My local Costco also has an expansive selection of organic foods, both fresh, canned/packaged, and frozen. Buying organic at Costco has been a huge money saver for us (it helps that I'm a Food Nazi and never let anything go to waste, but that's a story for another day...).

Lisa

We have both in my area. I prefer Costco, for the reasons Lisa stated. It doesn't hurt that there is a Costco close to my home. I do a weekly shop there.

We have both in my area. I prefer Costco, for the reasons Lisa stated. It doesn't hurt that there is a Costco close to my home. I do a weekly shop there.
They finally announced in today's paper that Costco is coming. There have been rumors flying around for months now. Is there any major difference between Costco and Sam's Club? I find it interesting that one of the Sam's Clubs in my area relocated less than 3 miles from Costco's new location.

There is a difference in how they pay their employees Costco employees average $17 per hour while SAMs club is a little over $10. I choose to support a company who pays a living wage.

I way prefer Costco! They have much better customer service. Probably cause their employees get paid much much better,and have better benefits so its easier to be nicer to the public.

The organic produce is great!

My only complaint, its kind of far away, so we only go a couple times a month, but really stock up when we go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.