Completely off topic --- Any Nascar fans here?

T

trevor

If so---favorite driver(s)?
Mine is Jeff Gordon. I find Nascar drivers to be more accessible and likeable than most sports stars.
Anyway thought I'd ask.
Trevor :)

DH is a Nascar fan (Earnhardt was his fave) and I was watching the end of the race today with him and his Dad, and for the first time I found it kind of fun to watch. Of course, they probably were wishing I would shut up cause I kept asking so many questions!

Happy Father's Day Trevor!

Andrea

Hi Trevor, I have been a Nascar fan since my ex boyfriend got me into it about 6 years ago. My driver is Kyle Petty, I just picked one when I started watching and stuck with him, he is doing better this year. I also like Rusty. I have been to Pocono and Dover tracks which is a lot of fun. Have a great day, have to go work out. Mary

http://plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxwave.gif[/img]

Thanks for the well wishes Andrea! You're so sweet for remembering me! :)
I've been following Nascar for probably 3 yrs. now and I still get confused on some of the rules.
Gordon is easy to root for because he wins alot but I think I like him more because he is pretty much the most despised driver by the other drivers' fans and I know it kills them every time he does well! lol! :)
I'll say one thing, those guys are laid back and most haven't forgotten their fans. They seem genuine and I do not get that feeling at all from any of the other major sports.
Take care Andrea!

Hi Meg!
Kyle is a neat guy. That's cool that you root for him. And yes, he does seem to be picking it up a few notches this year which is really great to see.
I'm not too far from Dover or Richmond. I might try to hit the fall Richmond race if I can.
Take care :)
Trevor

Hi ,Trevor!

Late here...but jumping in to wish you, or should I say, I hope you had a nice Father's Day! Hope your day was very special. Speaking of other sports, sorry about the Orioles and the INDIANS!!! Go Indians!:7 (Not really sure where they are going to end up this year?)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi ,Trevor!

Hey Deb!
The O's are actually OVERACHIEVING! So that tells you how bad they are!
Thanks for the well wishes....I had a great crab cake lunch to observe Father's Day! Broiled, not fried!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Hi Trevor!

And belated Happy Father's Day - hope your 'youngins' as they would say in Nascar are all doing well!

I married a bona fide redneck who has followed Nascar since its inception - his favoritie driver is Harry Gant, if that means anything to you.... Anyway, he has season tickets to the Coca Cola 600, and for the previous two years I was able to find other things more pressing than to go, but not this year! So we did the whole Nascar thing - camping in an RV and all of it! Whew! This is a different culture!

Anyway, I do follow it, for love of course, and I'm with you on the Gordon thing. I like to pull for him simply because he is so villified. I couldn't believe how many people boo'ed him as he was coming around in the introduction - and Rusty Wallace. I tend to pull for Mark Martin, just because my DH likes him otherwise. I also like Jimmy Johnson, because he has a nice humble quality for being so young and talented. I agree with you as well, that these guys really understand why they are successful - the fans.

As we watched the US Open golf tournament yesterday I was reminded of this - some of those guys are so sour with the crowd. Can't they remember that they are entertainers really? Without the crowd, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing?

Okay I'll stop now - probably way more than you wanted to know!

Cheers,
Colia

Another Gordon fan

We've been fans for years. I started off pulling for Jeff because nobody liked him. Then I saw what a good driver he was. I also pull for Tony Stewart, been following him ever since his rookie year. Dale Jr. is another favorite of mine. My husband likes Michael Waltrip and actually got to meet him at a fan club.
Colia, I'm so jealous of you guys. The Coke 600 is my favorite race of the season. We've gone to it a few times but we're too far away this year. We went to the CA. race this year. We've gone to the Martinsville race many times, since it's my hometown, we have a free place to stay with my family.
Trevor, I have a friend that's gone to the Richmond race and says it's a blast. Bristol is another fun track too.

Sharon

Hi Trevor,
I just started getting into NASCAR since I joined a fantasy nascar pool. I have 6 drivers all year. I usually have Sterling Marlin, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Burton and Dave Blaney running and Kyle Petty and Skinner on the bench. I am 13 and 2 so far. I am a HUGE World of Outlaw fan. Have you heard of them. Favorites are Steve Kinser, Stevie Smith and Craig Dollansky. That is my true passion.
Tracy

I'm usually a lurker here, but couldn't pass on this thread. I'm a huge NASCAR fan and absolutely love Sterling Marlin. Is that the greatest name, or what? Anyway, it's nice to finally meet all of you. I've learned so much here over the past months.

Carole

Hi Carole!

I'm not a Nascar Fan, (sorry Trevor!) but wanted to say it's nice to "see" you here! Do you have any of the Cathe tapes? Would love to have you post with us anytime. BTW, Sterling Marlin~Cool name!!! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Tracy!
You sound like you are really into it. I must say I didn't know at first what you were talking about with the World of Outlaw but I searched it and it's the sprint cars, which I think Jeff Gordon ran when he was young. Those look like fun to drive! Ever meet any of those drivers, or Winston Cup drivers for that matter?

Hello,
I have met many of the WoO drivers. Have my picture with 4. I goto 2-4 races a year. I live in MN so they don't come too close to here. Fargo, which I live 2 hours from, they are there 4th of July weekend. I have been going to the Knoxville (Iowa) Nationals for 12+ years. That is the Daytona 500 of sprint cars. I was at Steve Kinsers house last year. He is named the King of the Outlaws for good reason. He is the best that will ever get into a sprint car. You are right about Jeff Gordon. He was a sprint driver. I think I have seen him but don't specifically remember. My brother is a HUGE Gordon fan also. Tony Stewart owns a sprint. Danny Lasoski is the driver. The company I work for has a small sponsorship on his car. I just love it. I didn't want to get so much into NASCAR because sprints and football is already my passion and I can't take the stress with another sport - ha ha. Now that Cris Carter has retired I could scale back on the football - Na maybe not.

Have you met any drivers? I am trying to think of what your football team is? Was it Seatle - no the patriots? Can't wait for fall............

Tracy

God girl! Wash your mouth out with soap. The STEELERS Baby!! I despise the Patriots, especially after last season! :)
I haven't met any drivers yet but am keeping my eyes open for autograph sessions, etc.
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Yes, yes! My favorite driver is Ricky Rudd. Looks like his string of incredibly bad luck is starting to break. I really hope he decides NOT to retire at the end of this season! I also really like Dale Jarret. Haven't met any drivers yet, but I'm hoping to someday. Haven't gotten to a race yet either--too expensive, but I'm working on it. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.