Commit to get Fit & Lean January 2016 - 2023

Hi,

Walked this morning in the rain with DH and Cooper. I also did SBF D25 Band Mini Target for Posture + Bounce and Stretch Single Song by the Police. Love her bounce workouts.

Debbie - thank goodness our AC is working again. It was 89 upstairs. I do all my barre workouts either on the kitchen counter (have to watch the dog) or in my gym. I hope the heat wave is gone. It cooled off nicely this morning.

Cookie - XTrain is one of my favorites Cathe's weight workouts. Love the music in that one too. We have 2 AC's, the upstairs one wasn't cooling anymore. It's fixed now. I am glad too. It got very hot on the 2nd floor. We stayed mainly on the mail area where we had AC and basement. DH and I have no plans. We trying to figure out what we will cook for the 4th of July. DH wants some vegan nachos and pizza.

Have a great day.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside & Gym Style legs at the gym. It was still humid but after the rain it was so much better. I hope it stays like this for a while.

Belinda - Nice workouts! It's great you were able to get your a/c fixed so quickly:) 89 degreeso_O in the house, crazy.

Cookie - I agree with Belinda X-train is a great series. We have a 17th birthday party (was supposed to be last year for her 16th birthday) on July 4th. It is a friend of the family so all my SILs & BILs will be there. We used to spend in at my in-laws together, so this will work.

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
It's still humid here, even after thunderstorms. Did CL Hard Strikes LI Boxing, and boy is my hair absolutely wild now! Humidity and sweat do not make for anything resembling beauty over here.
Deb, I agree Xtrain is great. The change of scenery and purpose hopefully does make the 4th easier for your family. Memories are so powerful.
Belinda, TG you were able to get your ac fixed so quickly! We'll prob have pizza sometime over the weekend. My dd and her partner are supposed to be coming in, and we usually get it once w/them here. How are your sinuses doing? My dh was teasing me that half the trash this week was tissues!

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. I also went to the gym but for some crazy reason decided to do step-ups with a jump. Not a good idea:( I'm so mad at myself because I know I can't do high impact and it was a cement floor . . . lesson learned. I'm icing it as I type:)

Belinda - I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Vegan nacho's sounds interesting, I saw a recipe using peppers for nacho's that looked so good.

Cookie - My hair is crazy too, not sure what I will do if I ever move to Florida:) You are so right about memories being powerful. Pizza sounds like a good idea for the weekend! Are you sinuses feeling better?

Have a great weekend:)

'Morning!
It's still humid here, even after thunderstorms. Did CL Hard Strikes LI Boxing, and boy is my hair absolutely wild now! Humidity and sweat do not make for anything resembling beauty over here.
Deb, I agree Xtrain is great. The change of scenery and purpose hopefully does make the 4th easier for your family. Memories are so powerful.
Belinda, TG you were able to get your ac fixed so quickly! We'll prob have pizza sometime over the weekend. My dd and her partner are supposed to be coming in, and we usually get it once w/them here. How are your sinuses doing? My dh was teasing me that half the trash this week was tissues!

'Evening!
Did Xtrain legs and a walk today. DD and her partner are here for a visit, so I was glad to get both in before they arrived. Yesterday when doing the CL Hard Strikes, I saw Al in it. It got me thinking about some of the other background exercisers in Cathe's videos. I still miss CeDee and Lorraine.
Deb, hope your knees are doing okay. It's been hard for me accept I can't do what was easy previously, My sinuses are doing a bit better, thanks. Hope things go well tomorrow with creating new memories.
Belinda, how are you doing? Hope you're feeling okay. The vegan nachos do sound good.

Hi,

I walked with DH and Cooper this morning. Than I did SBF workout. I been cleaning out my mudroom. I like how it looks.

Debbie - the recipe you mention sounds yummy. Mine are with corn tortilla instead of chips and vegan cream. Sorry about the high impact. I learned my lessons a long time ago. It's just not worst it, IMO! Hope you feel better today.

Cookie - thanks for asking. I feel great. The vegan nachos are award winning nachos. If the come out amazing I will post the recipe. My DH got a pizza brick oven last year. We will make our own vegan pizzas.I did end up buying pizza dough instead of making it. I went to Whole Foods yesterday. FOK has a pizza dough I probably will make in the future. I cook everything from scratch and fresh. If I get a little break, I will take it. Great job on XTrain legs.

Good night.

Hi,

Today I took a rest day. Going up steps and any movement lateral hurts my leg. At least walking forward is ok but I will see how it is tomorrow before I go for a walk. I really did miss it today since it wasn't humid.

Belinda - Nice workouts! I would love to have a pizza brick oven. I bet pizza in the oven is so much better than you can get out:) Are you painting your mudroom?

Cookie - Nice workouts! Enjoy your visit with dd & her partner. Will they stay for a couple of days?

Good morning,

DH, Cooper and I walked 2.5 miles this morning. It was nice and cool outside. I also did SBF stretch for today.

Debbie - sorry to hear you still not feeling well. Maybe take a few day's off before you start walking again. It will not hurt you. I will let you know how the pizza comes out today. We painted the mood room not too long ago. I just went through things and reorganized it. I am always looking for ways to make it work better for me.

Cookie - hope you have a great Sunday today. I will let you know how the nachos came out.

Happy 4th of July! Stay safe!

Here is a picture of my plant based nachos :) DH and I made today. So delicious! Took us almost 2 hours to make it. It was very time consuming but worst it. I am glad DH wanted to help. The next time I would cut the plant based crema and plant based cheese sauce in half. Add more jalapeños. Can't wait for the oven brick pizza tonight.

Attachments

• Nachos 2.jpg
    Nachos 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
Happy Fourth!
Took today as a rest day. DH slept later than me and then wanted to go for a walk, but I had already drank 2 cups of coffee, and that put a kabosh on the walk idea! DD and her partner are here til tomorrow. We usually have my mom and my eldest son every Sunday anyway, so it was good to have more folks at the table.
Deb, oh no, please take it easy on your knees. It's not worth rushing their recovery.
Belinda, your dinner looks great and am looking forward to hearing about your pizza.
One of my dogs has been so anxious with the fireworks the past few days.

Happy 4th of July!!
Hi,

I woke up and I felt a lot of improvement with my knee. I decided to do a short walk. I will continue to take it easy until I am healed.

The party was really nice it was outside and it was a beautiful day. It was a very small party so it was nice to be able to talk to everyone.

Belinda - A nice long walk, Cooper must love it, also great weather. Your vegan nachos look delicious and could a photo in a food magazine:)

Cookie - LOL on the coffee, when we are traveling my DH will not even have a sip of coffee because he says he will have to stop every 10 minutes. We heard fireworks in our neighborhood and I was wondering how all the dogs were doing.

Good morning,

Walk outside and SBF D20 Buttl Lift = 27 min + Single Tight Work = 11 min is done.

Debbie - awww...thank you! I took the picture in my dining room. I had a mess on my kitchen counter, lol. Sorry your knee is still bordering you. Please take it easy. I am taking it easy on the workouts too. Meaning I am not adding any CL until my knee/shoulder is healed.

Cookie - Cooper was fine with the fireworks in the distance. My neighbors had a lot of fireworks last night. Cooper was very anxious when my neighbors started with fireworks last night. Luckily it didn't lasted like it did every year. Sorry about your dog :( Well, the pizza experience was a disaster. The pizza stove fell on the floor with the pizza :( We need more practice making pizza. Maybe it was the pizza dough from Whole Foods. Even with flour it was sticky like clue? Practice makes perfect!

Have a great Monday everyone.

'Evening!
Boy, the weather is just perfect today! I'm loving it! Got in a long walk w/dh and an Essentrics wo. Had a CL low impact hiit planned, but my back is talking to me, so I listened.
Deb, how's your knee today? Does it bother you going downhill? I remember there's more stress on them going downhill. Hope you're doing okay. My neighbors put on a real show with fireworks. It's either crazy or amazing. I was watching the Macy's one on tv and his out my window at the same time, so the poor dog was going crazy. Luckily only one of them gets bothered by them.
Belinda, uh oh on the pizza! King Arthur Flour has a good pizza recipe, if you want to try it. I think it was their recipe of the year last year or the year prior.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside, it was nice out. My knee is showing improvement, even the stairs are getting better.

Yesterday morning at the food store, I saw a Mom I knew well when the kids were in school. We haven't seen each other in 12 years. It was so much fun to catch up. I guess our town has grown so much that you don't see people for years:confused:

Belinda - Nice workouts:) I'm sorry your pizza didn't workout, but practice makes perfect. TG the fireworks didn't last long, we have been hearing them for the last week.

Cookie - Nice walk, our temps go back in the 90's tomorrow. We were able to see fireworks from our window but lucky enough it wasn't too close to be noisy. My knee stopped hurting on the downhill, now just when I sit on the couch, I like to bend my legs and that's not working.

'Evening!
Did Xtrain bi and tris burn sets and Essentrics for my back. Was going to walk this morning, but then it started thundering. A few minutes later, it was a downpour! DH is away on a business trip and it seems strange to not have him here after so long of him never leaving!

Deb, it feels so good to catch up with long-last friends! Glad your knee is doing better.

Belinda, hope you're doing well. What kind of pizza oven do you have?

Hi everyone,

I walked early this morning and I also did SBF D30 UB2.

My doctor wants me to go to physical therapy for my shoulder/arm. I still a lot of pain.

I will be back later to catch up on personals if not tomorrow. Good night.

Hi,

Today was a walk outside. We had bad thunderstorms tonight but luckily we didn't lose power, lots did. Our condo in FL is getting hit with hurricane Elsa. We received a notice to bring in deck furniture. We weren't allowed to ask the maintenance guy because they were very busy and he is our go to guy. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

Belinda - Nice workouts! PT sounds like a good idea. There are so many around here so guessing must be helpful.

Cookie - Nice X-train workout! It will be interesting if he likes the business trips or would prefer Zoom. My niece & her husband work from home but had out of town business trips but their companies are still doing zoom.

'Morning! Checking in with low impact hiit done!!! With dh out of town, I was able to get it done early and am glad since it's a busy day. Will be able to get in a walk later hopefully.
Deb, sure hope your condo is ok. It must be hard to be not there and hearing what might be going on and not knowing. How are your knees? My dh took a little bit to acclimate to online but now loves it. He's told his company he's not coming back in, but this trip is a site visit, so he had to go. He also teaches a grad course in the fall and was hoping it would be online again as well. That's a huge change from before.
Belinda, are you still dog sitting? PT is a good idea and hope you can get scheduled in soon. Sorry you're in pain.

Good morning,

SBF D31 Make you laugh & sweat LB Cardio 90's style = 23 min plus an 60 min walk outside is done.

Debbie - I sure hope your condo is ok too. I talked to my friend who lives in FL. I hope it passes and not cause any damage. Fingers crossed! I went too PT years ago with my back problems. It is very helpful. You learn a lot on what to do and not to do.

Cookie - great job getting your workout in early. Yes, I will be watching Cooper until Friday. I have my first PT tomorrow morning.

I am getting ready to go to DD's condo to let the washer repair guy in. DD's washer stopped working.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.