Commit to get Fit & Lean for March 2014

Hello all. What a week I had. Wednesday was my rest day, but then so was Thursday and Friday :rolleyes::mad:. Thursday we had DS's awards night for basketball. What a rip off. It was $8 pp and they served hot dogs and each kid was allowed one cookie for dessert. WTH? Then they were selling raffle tickets for silly prizes, and of course, the kids wanted the prizes so we had to buy tickets. It was so expensive for something so cheap. Anyway. .. Friday I was just too exhausted from the week to workout. I had my post ob meeting with my AP on Friday and that went very well. He loved the lesson and kept saying I was an excellent teacher. I am looking forward to the write up now, lol. I should get it by the end of the week.

Today I had a training class to go to for peer coaching. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. My class starts up again on Wednesday and I want to incorporate some of the things I learned in the session, more planning to do, lol.

Anyway. . . wasn't today gorgeous? I walked the dog twice. Once this morning and once more in the evening before sunset. I had to wear my hat and coat this morning, but at 5 I was able to walk him with just a heavy sweatshirt on. .. a good sign, ;) We have to turn the clocks forward tonight, hopefully this means spring is getting the hint, lol. My parents are still in PR enjoying themselves. They come back next week. My dad was telling me it was 85 there. Lucky!

Cookie- I think the same thing with all these cuts. What is left to cut? Before Cuomo gives out $20,000 bonuses for bogus teacher ratings, he should restore State aid to what it was before he started cutting it and chopping it up. I swear, I think LI should be its own state. I wish it were, lol. The talk is that they are going to cut more teachers. I already have 30 in each class, why not 35? why not 40?

Amelia- how are you liking the total gym? Is it easy to store when you are done? Do you like the instructional dvd?

Belinda- going strong with P90X3 still I see? Great job! I walk the dog even in the cold because he needs it,especially when he is in the crate and we are at work all day. It is worth the walk, even if it is only 30 minutes, because it is focused exercise and it calms him down, believe it or not. It also has been good for me too, believe it or not. I clear my head after work by walking him and not having to talk to anyone at all. I focus on the walk and him, and I don't even look at my phone unless to check the time.

Deb- did I read this right? Did you do a headstand in yoga? That is amazing! Great job!

Waving hello to Melissa!

BBL

Kristin

Good afternoon,

Today is a rest day! I did walked the dogs.

Kirstin - that is expensive for a hot dog and one cookie:eek: I always hated to wast money on silly/inexpensive stuff, at least your kids had fun, right? That's all that matters. You are so good walking your dog, I started walking them again too. Couldn't with all the snow we had. I also wore a light sweater yesterday, today I had a winter jacket on. It's only in the 40's today. Tomorrow it's in the 60's:D I hope this is it! I am so ready for spring.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

Hi all. I had a very productive day, I must say. I caught up on my grading, I got my hair colored, DH and I met with a landscaper and came up with a plan for our bare backyard, and I walked the dog and got in a tough workout. I did Cross Fire today.

This week should be good. I feel like I am off to a good start. We shall see. . .

Belinda- the kids had fun, but I just kept thinking with the entrance fee and the tickets and what we already pay for my son to play. . . it was too much money. I guess it's worth it though. How'd your dogs like the walk? My dog is becoming more and more "mine". He responds mostly to me and when the kids or DH get mad about, I ask in a sarcastic voice, "I wonder why he is responding only to me? Hmmmm. . ."

Okay, I will bb tomorrow!

Kristin
Kristin

Sorry for a quick check in, just got home from final hockey game in season.
Took dogs on a long walk, got 8.5 miles in and did PUB. Should sleep well tonight.
Will read and reply more tomorrow.
Cookie

Hi,

I ran yesterday but took today as a rest day. I'm missing that hour of sleep but happy the days are longer and a bit warmer. The ice/snow is melting around our house but still can't see the grass. I saw the poor deers looking for food today in the woods but not much for them:(

Belinda - It was a nice weekend and perfect weather for dog walking:)

Kristin - You had a tough week but it looks like your starting out on a good foot this week. One cookie is too much of a tease:)

Cookie - You had a good workout today and sleep should be good:)

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I am starting STS M3 W3 and P90X3 Block3, Week 11 today:D

Cookie - hope you slept like a baby after that walk?

Kirstin - hope you week is better. I will go for a nice long walk today. You are always around your dog, that's why he responds to you. Both my dogs respond to me too.

Debbie - you are getting into running lately….good for you. Woke up really tired this morning:(

I will be back to report my workout. Have a great Monday, everyone.

Morning girls,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day even though I cleaned up the house after work and was completely exhausted :eek: I guess last weeks TOM and my calorie deficit is catching up with me. :confused:

I'm so looking forward to today. I plan on going for a long bike ride at the park by my self :D Later I may jump on the total gym and do some lower body.

Kristin- Great job with Cross fire yesterday. I need to start walking my lab again, she's in a fenced-in back yard but I know she misses those walks with me. She's getting older too, going on 10yrs old now. She's getting grey around her mouth :(

Cookie-Awesome workout and walk girl. WTG.

Belinda-great job on your walk yesterday

Hello to Debbie, Melissa & Kelly

bbl

40 min leg workout done + 15 minute bike ride - I'm wiped :confused:

The leg workout was 6 exercises @ 3 sets of 20 on the total gym. I finished with core. My legs were all wobbly when I got off. The bike ride had me gasping for air, I did a mile and a half. The bike i have shifts gears, luckily I looked up the instructions online to see how to use them or I would have never got up those hills :eek:

ok. now to see what to eat. over and out.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

STS D31 (Chest/Back), Stretch Max#2 and 3 mile walk is done. Tonight I will do P90X3 Deccelerator.

Nice job, Amelia!

I will be back in the morning. Have a great day, everyone!

Hello, hello!! Had a bit of a struggle getting back on track last week, but I'm feeling great today. I did Couch to 10K at lunch, and have PLB scheduled for after work. Gotta try and play catch up here :)

Sounds like a great workout Amelia!

Cookie, my fave workouts are probably step. I started with Kathy Smith, very basic choreography, and after a while of being bored with that, I saw a commercial for Cathe on FitTV, so I recorded her workouts, and haven't looked back :) I also enjoy kickboxing too.

Debbie, Nice job on your run! I enjoy the treadmill, I find that I'm crazy sore if I try to run outdoors/on the ground. I'm ready for warmer weather too. It's supposed to be close to 70 here today, then snow tomorrow. :confused:

Hello to Kristin, Belinda, and Melissa! :)

Hello all! What a day! I had a student throw up in front of the entire class, poor kid. He was really embarrassed. I felt so sorry for him. The good news today. . . we got a pool! I am so excited! Summer cannot get here fast enough, lol. The boys are excited too. I met DH at the pool store after work and they were all looking at the different set ups and toys. We had a tiny 10 foot pool in our old house. Well this pool is 15 X 26. It is huge! I cannot wait to swim in it. Summer should be great!

Kelly- I love PLB. I haven't done it in months. Maybe I'll throw it in this month ;)

Cookie- way to go on that long walk and PUB!

Deb- I'm starting to miss that hour of sleep as well. Feeling like I can go to bed now, ha! I agree, one cookie is a tease!

Amelia- I think house cleaning is a workout in itself! Is your lab a black lab? I think they are beautiful dogs.

Belinda- when we got back from the pool store the dog said hello to everyone, but then went crazy over me, lol. He was waiting for his walk ;)

Waving hi to Melissa!

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, I got JS 3-pack from last weekend, not this past one. So, it is the one w/barre, cardio abs, step and stride and barefoot fusion. I really like it. Will get the dance and tone ones sometime. I always feel happy when I'm done with her workouts.
Kristen, I bet your dog loves the walks, and I also destress and think things thru so much better w/walking. I'm w/you on feeling ripped off on $8 hot dogs; I used to dislike it also. Plus, I don't like hot dogs!
Amelia, I am so pitiful w/changing gears, I get the chain off the bike! How was the ride? How long was it?
Kelly, how do you manage to do a workout in the evening? Kristen does also, and I'm so amazed by it. How's the company competition coming along?
Melissa, we miss you.
Deb, have you always been a runner? The weather today got quite nice, but not snow is predicted again on Wednesday and Thursday!
Did some of step blast this morning. Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked last night; a dog wanted to go out real early this morning and ... Good thing I like them.
Cookie

Hi,

I took a yoga class today. It was beautiful out. I had off but ran a bunch of errands. One was to get a new microwave because ours had a small fire when DS cooked something but no metal was involved so not sure why:confused:

Belinda - I didn't want to get up either:) Great workouts for you today!

Kristin - That would be terrible getting sick in front of everyone hopefully he will be able to joke about it in a couple of days. A pool hopefully now that you bought one the nice weather will follow, you will have an awesome summer. I wanted to let you know I didn't do a handstand alone it was assisted by the instructor;)

Amelia - It was a beautiful day for a bike ride, I'm sure by you even better! You are really getting your monies worth with the total gym:)

Cookie - Did DD get back yet? I'm not a fast runner, did about 2 5ks but I do like the feeling after a run. Don't you wish you had a doggie door on mornings like today.

Kelly - It sounds like your back on track. I don't like to run in the streets unless it's a trail/path because with my luck I wouldn't be paying attention and get hit.

Melissa - Is this week your Spring break?

2 mile power walk done today. I've got to finish laundry and do some vacuuming

Have a great night. BB tomorrow:)

Hi girls,

I did Turbo Fire 45 this morning and I just walked my dogs for 50 min.
I will do P90X3 Agility shortly.

Cookie - which JS did you get? I am confused:eek: Didn't know you had another one before Sunday?

Debbie - I am still tired, lol! I think, all my workouts are wearing me out;) Did you find a new microwave?

Kirstin - congrats on the new pool! You and your kids will have so much fun this summer.

Kelly - good job on that run.

Amelia - good job on that power walk today.

I will be back in the morning. Good night, ladies!

Good evening,

Finished P90X3 AgilityX awhile ago. I know, I will be sleeping like a baby tonight:p I am beat!

Good night, everyone!

Hi,

I didn't have much time tonight so I did B&G floor work only. I always forgot how much tougher floor work is with the ankle weights:)

I barely needed a jacket today:cool:

Belinda - I almost did Agility but when I looked at it didn't think I had the energy tonight:eek: You did lots of workouts today!! You should sleep really good.

Waves hi to everyone, hopefully enjoying the fresh air today:)

'Evening!
Belinda, last Saturday I bought the 3-pack she had put up, I think it may have been walking for weight loss. Anyway it had cardio abs and now I can't remember the other two. The 3-pack she put up this week has two new ones but I already had the strength one on dvd. Well, since I felt I had your permission, I ordered that 3-pack this morning! Talk about instant gratification - the download went thru quickly (miracle living in the middle of nowhere), and now I can't wait to do it. Looking forward to doing the dance one tomorrow.
Amelia, 2 miles today - you sure are racking up the steps. Has work drama calmed down? I agree, you are getting your money's worth on the TG.
Kristen, a pool!!! How wonderful and exciting. That will be wonderful. My youngest got a dog when he was in hs and now he's out of college two years. Anyway, "his" dog lives with us and follows me around. He carries a blanket, sets it up, and just sort of supervises whatever I'm doing. We were just saying he's getting older, b/c he no longer will come down the stairs to supervise my working out. I love this dog, and my son is not ever getting him back. I will allow visiting privileges tho.
Kelly, how's your weather? We're getting ready for yet another storm. But I'm hoping it is the last one this season.
Waving hi to Melissa.
Debbie, that's strange about the microwave. What kind did you get? We only use ours pretty much for reheating items, but it is definitely getting a little tempermental. I bought an electric tea kettle two weeks ago that my dh just hates. It sounds like a small airplane when it is heating the water.
Took a rest day today b/c I hadn't taken on in a bit, and needed to get some work done this morning before going in. Spoke to one of my sisters on the phone this evening, and managed to get in 1200 steps while chatting to bring me over 10,000. Still have that streak going on.
Cookie

'Evening!
Belinda, are you still shopping? JK I put some stuff in my cart and went back to check out and all but one item was out of stock. I gave up. What did you get?
Amelia, how are you doing? Please just don't say it is warm and sunny there! We're getting an ice storm. Did you go for a walk or bike ride today?
Kristen, I'm hoping for an ice/snow day tomorrow. It is so nasty out there now. I could barely open my mailbox, it was so iced up. The latch to the dog kennel was even worse. Hope Baxter was able to run around in your yard.
Kelly, do you go hiking? We've gone to Colorado a few times, and it was so beautiful there. Hope you're doing well.
Deb, you sure are mixing up your workouts! Running, yoga, P90x3, ... Good for you.
Think we're going to lose power from the ice. It must have gone out during the day for a few hours also. Did JS Cardio Barre and Walking for Strength wo. Managed to get in 11 miles today. That's a lot of running around!
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.