COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR JAN 10, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I will start another round of STS:) If I start today, I will be done April 15, which is perfect! We leave Germany on May 1! I talked to my husband about our furniture pick up (houshold goods), we decited to have them pick everything up around April 15 or even later! I still can do a heavy weight workout until them, I am very happy about that! Once everthing is gone, I only can do circuits workouts with light weights, Insanity and running! I will figure a plan out after STS!

I feel bad for cutting my rotation 2 weeks short, I really love this rotation! I will do this rotation again once we in the US!

I will start with M1 D1 + abs today!

Have a great Monday and workout, everyone!

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be cardio and Chest/Back. Not much to say today really...start of another long week... :confused:

Ohhhh...NO...I'm not going through menopause, either! (thanks Helene) :eek:

Belinda- Have fun starting STS again....someday I will do it again. I'm sorry, but living out of an RV and traveling wherever you want to go?? now THAT is living!! :D Wow....great story about your DH! So I want to know more....how is it that you just didn't settle there permanently? And the kids too? Because of his job?

Kristin- So glad you are liking STS!! I did especially enjoy ab circuits....what a variety!

Melissa- Where were you in CT yesterday? I was in CT yesterday....New Canaan.If there is one cardio I dread, it's Drill Max....especially the ultra blast!

Cookie- Glad you enjoyed your party!! And to answer your question about the whining...I absolutely put a sock in it for her....LOL I made her New year's resolution for her...to quit her bitchin'! lmao.

Lori- I swear....I will answer fb!!! I did read it, though and was definitely amused!!! :eek:

Deb- Ohhhh boy.....you too with the menopause....I highly highly highly doubt it for me, but you never know I guess. Good luck with your appointment. And you know, I did Jillian's yoga once and was sore from it too!!

Hi to Trish and Amelia!!

BBL

Morning girls,

Checking in from the train. I started my last week of sts today, chest & back. I went to bed late so I dragged through most of it and ended up hurting my back in the last segment trying to get my barbell back up on the squat rack after deadlifts. I hope it's better in the morning. I planned to do a mat workout before my cardio.

Belinda - wow, I guess the planning is in full swing! And you picked tax day, no less! Hope you don't wait until the last minute to file like we do.

Iris - Menopause?? How old are you again?? Lol. I'll have to read back and see what that's all about;)

Ladies, have a great day. I'll catch up on personals once in the office.

Hallo,

Just a quick check in! I am done with D1 plus extended stretch! I ran out of time, will do abs later this afternoon.

Have a great day and workout, everyone! BBL!

Morning everyone!

Belinda: I love the story about your DH too. So sweet, and going strong after all these years. I hope we get to meet some day now that you are going to be State side. :)

Lori: Not waking up with DS in bed? You must have really been tired. That's the best kind of sleep min you.

Cookie: So when are we doing dinner? Propose a date (No Monday, Tuesday or Friday). Iris and I are not going to let you get away like this! Glad you are enjoying the rotation because now that I am feeling better I am sinking my teeth into it.

Iris: So I am a little bit sore this morning (both surprised and not surprised) but I still feel like a million bucks. I am rejuvenated and ready to bring it on. The January rotation it is. I'll look for Zumba classes and we can both try one.

Melissa: That story about biotch leaving early but threatening those who do should really make it to HR. She doesn't even set the same standards for herself. Those are the worse people. LAST WEEK IN HELL! Woohoo! Congrats on Finishing STS.

Kristin: Glad you are loving STS. Those workouts make you feel so strong outside and inside I love them. Remember to watch what you eat just in case you start getting more hungry than usual.

Heidi: Massage therapist cool. Nice to know you can help make people feel better. WTG on the workouts.

Deb: So awesome that you make all this homemade italian food that I usually buy canned like sauces. I hope you feel better today.

Trish: So how was your weekend of mayhem? :) Time to go "rest" at work. Maybe I'll start calling work active recovery from the kids. :p

Amelia: And did you get the snow you were hoping for. We had great snow up here. The kind that you don't mind the kids eating it's so fresh and clean. We had great fun sledding on Saturday.

OMG, I think I just caught up on personals. :eek:

Have a great day everyone.

I'm back.....

Belinda - Sounds like you had a fun day with the family before they left:) While we were on vacay, we got to play some card games (i.e. UNO). It was fun. Really should do more of that stuff at home. The RV travel/living sounds like a dream to me!

Iris - Just read the post...lol, I would have thought preggers, too!! Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon. It really sucks when you work hard AND eat clean and the results are going the opposite direction of your goal. Keep your head up;). P.S. Your diet/exercise website sounds awesome:cool: Bet you guys could make some money on that if you opened it up to the public:D Btw, I finally made it to chapter two in my ACE book. While it is all really interesting, my memory sucks! Please tell me there is not a substantial amount of anatomy on the test:eek:

Amelia - How was your eating over the weekend? Uuuughhh, I've been in a post-holiday rut with the eating. I do really well all day (at work), but the evenings and wknds are sabotaging me. I had apple crisp a la mode out with my bookclublast night and donut holes all weekend. I know I just need to wean myself off the sugar, but it sure takes a while:confused:.

Lori - So, how long do you think it will be before you quit your job? You've got clients coming out of the wood works:p

Kristin - So glad you are liking STS! I'm going to miss it and will probably start it over again in the fall. P.S. read your success story...you look amazing!!

Cookie - How was the suprise bday party? Was your bff really surprised? Hhhhhmmm, you've got me nervous about starting the jan rotation next week:eek:

Deb - All that dozing/napping yesterday sounds like my cup of tea!

Helene - Glad you're feeling better! The weekends are better since DD's theater class in the city ended, but still busy. That eliminated about 2 hours of running around. Funny about work being active recovery...it's so true. I just sit and sit and sit....all day long!

Melissa - Too funny about the biotch! The HR department has a winner on their hands with her;) So, 5 days and counting....

Heidi - WTG on B&G! It is still my all time favorite LB wo. If you haven't tried the B&G Leg Blas premix, give it a go one day. It's killer!

I tried to create a wo with the blender over the weekend....it was a no go, but I did my own mash up of Intensity + 4DS LIS + a little BM. It was fun! Hope I can get the blender working soon.

Well, I think I'm caught up! Chat later chicas!

Btw, I am tracking my exercise & diet on loseit.com. If any of you aren't tracking your meals/exercise online, but want to (or are but want to switch to a new site), check it out. I've used a few and like loseit the best (partially because I fell in love with their iphone app, but love it even more now that I am using the website). What I really like is the friend feature which alows you to share your information with your friends (you decide on how much) so you can see each other's meals and exercises, weight loss (or in my case, gain!). If you decide to use it, let me know so we can connect.

Abs are done!

Kirstin - which STS rotation are you doing? Can't decite which one I wonna do:eek:

I will be back with personals later!

Nice job on the workouts girls!! Swapped butts and guts standing legs (all) and floor abs for intensity today. Not sure why I would subject myself to that again lol except it's addictive lol.
I wish I had the money for sts especially now that it's on sale. Does everyone here have it??
How many of you are training other people? That's like a dream of mine that I'd like to make a reality so any advice from those of you doing it would be greatly appreciated :)
Enjoy your day peeps!

Hello ladies!

I decided to take a rest day today. I need to gear myself up for Cathe's January rotation :eek:

Belinda, so glad you can get a full STS rotation in! I love that program so much. I'm trying to get my bro to do it instead of P90X but he is leery since a "chick" teaches it. I said whatever, these chicks have bigger arms than you! He said he will try it now lol.

Iris, I was in Bristol, CT. Hey New Canaan isn't too far from me, maybe 35 min away or so. It's so pretty there. One day maybe I can afford to live there...hell who am I kidding ;)

Helene, so you're doing the Jan rotation too? Do you have all the new workouts? I don't have STS total body so I will have to sub something in there. Oh yeah I let HR know about the biotch in my exit interview this afternoon :D I put it in writing and did it verbally. He asked if I thought about a higher position and I said honestly, I would never take one because it would mean she'd be my boss and I've never met a more unprofessional person in my life. Let's say it was supposed to take 30 min and I was in there for 90. It felt good to let it all out.

Trish, I am with you on the post-holiday eating!! Once I started that sugar I can't stop...and I was doing so good! Today wasn't too bad but nighttime is the worst for me so we'll see. Thanks for the loseit.com info! Right now I'm using Spark People which I like so far. Hopefully it will get my butt in gear!

Heidi, if you can afford it I say definitely invest in STS! It is awesome and so much fun. You get great results from it too! I used to train but once I got my desk job I stopped. I was thinking of picking it up again; it's really a fun job!

Amelia, how much snow did you get? I'm hearing 12+ inches for us tomorrow into Wednesday...which means oops I have to use another sick day hahahahaah. Really though I hate winter.

Hello to Deb, Kristin, Cookie, and anyone I might have missed. Have a great night!

Evening!
Belinda, so do you have room for all of us in the rv? Glad you're able to do sts before you have to pack most things up.
Melissa, so you in for the Jan rotation also! It's tough! Glad to have the company.
Amelia, are you snowed in?
Lori, how many did you train today? How much sleep do you get?
Iris, what was her response to your resolution for her? How are you feeling today?
Helene, you'll l ove and hate this rotation. Tomorrow is muscle max plus a 30 min steady state run! I'm giponna sub in 4 ds lis for the run. If I start at 4(!) I can get it in before work; after, I'll be too tired.
Kristin, are your coworkers into exercise? Wish mine were but my birthday friend is a runner. She's going to a conference with me toasted the end of this week. It will give us something else to talk about. She teaches 8 th gr English.
Deb, how's your dh feeling? Have things slowed down for you at all?
Trish, is studying for ace also motivating for w workouts? Did it bug you to ha e to go into the city on your day off?
Heidi, I like Intensity also. Look at this month's rotation - you might like it.
Today wasImax3 and I'm worn out now. It would help to get more than 4 hrs sleep
Cookie

Hey girls, can't believe i haven't checked in here all day:eek: We've been snowed in all day here:eek: We got about 6-8 inches then pounded by sleet and guess what, its not melting and not suppose to until at least Wednesday:confused:

Anyways....

Today's workout was CCV5 then i did Upper body on PH! about 87mins and 750 calories burned.

Belinda- awesome job on your workout girl!

Trish-eating going good, did have a brownie today but I logged the calories so i was a good girl,lol. Glad to hear you found a calorie log that you like!! Why isn't the blender working for you? That stinks! Hope you get it working soon. I have to download high reps again so i can use it...arg. I used the blender the other day and i really like it, very useful tool...gotta love Cathe!!

Helene-Glad your feeling better!! I took the kids out today to play in the snow..they loved it but man it was so cold!!

Cookie-Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep, hope you get some tonigt! awesome job on Imax3!

Melissa-Have fun with Cathe's rotation! Glad to hear you got all your frustration out about that biotch! Good job;)

Iris-Have a good workout! It doesn't feel like the start of the week with the kids home:confused: there driving me nuts!

Heidi-I wish i owned STS, not yet! Nice job on intensity today!

Did i forget anyone? Yay, i caught up with personals!! Helene...high fives:D

Disc 4 of STS done! I gotta tell you, not loving all the push ups. When we had to do teh last set of push ups I was seriosuly ready to cry. I am doing most of them on my knees :eek:. Oh well, I am still feeling the burn, believe me!

So it looks like we will be hit with another big storm Tuesday night into Wednesday. I am thinking schools will be cancelled. I hope so, because I hate driving in it!!!!!

Belinda- I see you started STS again! yea! I'll be asking you lots of questions. My workout card called for 15 # dbs for the overhead press today, but I could only do ten with decent form and then stopped. then I tried to bang out two more but my arms were shaking and my form was awful.

Cookie- my friend at work, Katy is a personal trainer and nutritionist. She was the one who convinced me to clean up my diet. She also has done fitness competitions. She is awesome and inspires me!

Melissa- If you ahve isck days left why not use them whether it snows or not. At this point what do you have to lose? I would stick it to them over there! Too funny about your bro. My DH is watching me with STS and I think he is very interested, yet won't admit. . . yet. ;)

Heidi- Just got STS for Christmas and I am loving it.

Trish- Thank you, that is so sweet. I am loving STS. Are you doing any kind of rotation now?

helene- not feeling overly hungry yet, bu tI have cleaned up my diet since Christmas, and I am back to eating every 2-3 hours, so that could be why.

Iris- I love the ab circuits. I am mad at myself for not getting it sooner. All the variety and you can add them on to any workout really. BTW- I think it is funny half of us thought you were preggo the other half thinking menopause. . . two entirely different ends of the spectrum there, lol.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Okay, hello to Amelia and Deb!

night,
Kristin

Hi,

A lot of late night check-in's tonight:) I'm always awake lately at this time because I fall asleep on the couch almost as soon as I sit down:( I did Amy Bento's Rumble . . . I liked it not too fast paced though.

Belinda - Hmm, Cookie maybe on to something how about a Thread R/T you pick us all up;)

Iris - The Dr. is leaning towards perimenopause for me but is taking a bunch of tests. She was even talking bioidentical hormones with me:confused:

Helene - I guess I cook italian food best but everything else is hit or miss:) I hope you meeting doesn't go to long tonight.

Cookie - DH is finally having some relief, he's cut down on pain meds but still won't run or do legs for awhile.

Kristin - It does look like your going to have a snow day . . . just wish these storms were spaced out a bit:)

Melissa - That woman is something else, who does she bother when there's a snow day and at home?

Amelia - You probably going to be snowed in for days. I guessing your towns don't have any equipment for all of this snow & ice:(

Trish - I'm thinking of starting STS again. Are you doing a 3mo. rotation? It looks like you maybe getting more snow than me again:confused:

Heidi - I don't think I could ever tire of Butts & Gutts.

Lori - Have you been getting as much snow as we are in the states?

Goodnight everyone:)

Good evening,

Havening some nice DOMS going on in my shoulders!

Cookie - of course, I have room for all of you in the RV, LOL! Hope you get a good night sleep tonight, nothing worst than not getting enougth sleep! IMAX 3 is a tough one, wtg!

Iris - my husband is in the military (in the US Army), you never settle anywhere permanetly. We moved an every 2 years in our 28 years. My kids went to collage in the US, that's why they in the US and we are in Germany.

Trish - yeah, on your last week of STS! What are your next plans? BTW, I don't do taxes, DH does that! I wouldn't know how to do US taxes, lol! We had a lot of fun playing games with the kids. I will check out that website. BTW, nice mix of workouts today.

Helene - I hope to meet you guys too one day.

Heidi - I have STS and love it! Nice job, on B&G today.

Melissa - enjoy your rest day.

Amelia - awesome job, on your workouts today.

Kirstin - don't worry about the weight or doing the push ups on your knees! My first time doing STS, I couldn't lift more than 10 lb(had back problems), still got awesome results! Today was the first time I did all those push ups on ny toes, yeah! I guess, Insanity helped! LOL! If your arms were shaking, you had the right weight!

Debbie - that's an idea! LOL! Nice job, on AB Rumble! Go start STS today, then you and I doing it together. Kistin is already a week ahaid of us, lol!

Good night, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.