Commit to get fit and lean for Aug 9, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

Today is a rest day, but DH wants to go for a bike ride:rolleyes:

I will be back for personals and to report my workout.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Morning,

DH and I went to brunch this morning;) After b-fast we went on a bike ride. We went for over an hour, that was fun.

Of to enjoy the rest of the day.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Morning Belinda..enjoy your rest day:)

My sister called me last night and asked if i could babysit my little niece...of course i couldn't turn that down...cant wait to see her today. So after babysitting i will come back home and do MIS Chest,Back & abbs.

Cookie-Have you left for your vacation yet? Have a fabulous time on the beach. 4 weeks until the marriage..wow,i bet thier excited! Im sure it will be just fine.

Helene-I try to eat clean but i usually end up wrecking it all at the end of the day by eating some cookies are something....:rolleyes: But like Tom Ventuo says(author of Burn the Fat,Keep the Muscle)..." If you eat 35 meals a week, one or two bad snacks will not stop your progress" I eat 5mini meals throughout the day. I keep track of my food at myfitnesspal.com. Have a good workout or rest day today:)

Trish-LOL, yeah there is alot of hip action in that latin dvd. She gives a break down of the moves but she is not very good at saying which leg to start with.

Hey to everyone i missed..gotta get ready to babysit. Have a good day:)

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to everyone!

Punka - I know I love to babysit my nieces and nephew too! Do you have kids of your own? I don't so I guess that's why it is so much fun (we just get to spoil them and then go home)!!

Bayner - It sounds like you are having a wonderful day, a bike ride sounds like a lot of fun. My DH has a bad hip and really can't handle that kind of physical activity. I wish he could - not just for him but for the selfish reason of it sounds like a lot of fun!

Pinny - PUB? I have such a hard time keeping up with the initializing of workouts!! Whatever it is I hope it went/goes well for you!

I am happy to report that I am on the third day of quitting smoking and I haven't scratched out anyone's eyes or anything! It is actually going really well and I cannot believe how quickly I can see a difference in my stamina. Did step blast and premix #1 of step, jump and pump this morning, mowed the lawn, and prepped a planting bed/bird bath area in my back yard. Oh yeah and I went food shopping (OK I'll admit there was one lady that was REALLY close to having her eyes gauged out, but I was really good and held myself back).

Anyway, I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend and I can't wait to post again!

Good afternoon girls,

My lower back is acting up again:mad: As long as I'm standing it doesn't hurt:D I plan on running or walking on the TM for at least 30 min. while my sauce is cooking (takes about 2-3 hours). Heating pad the rest of the time:p

My DH said I should just take an alleve or advil. I try not to, but what do you guys think?

Belinda - Your bike ride sounded like fun. Our bikes need air in the tires from not using them for so long:D

Lori - Are you working today too?

Amelia - Have fun babysitting today. Are your kids good when you w/o?

Cookie - Have fun on your vacation. Did you bring any copies of Clean eating magazine:D Maybe the "piece of paper" will mature your son. I'll use your son and DIL as a guideline for my son someday.

Trish - Just starting Meso 3 but I think Meso 2 will be my favorite of all 3. Great job with the scale:)

Iris - Have fun with PUB today!

Maudite - Are you using the patch or are you going cold turkey w/quitting smoking? Congratulations!!!!

Helene - Looks like you had a busy day yesterday . . . way to get a w/o in:)

Gianna - Hope your enjoying the day. Do you still have a lot of family in NJ?

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

Hi Ladies:)

Im sooo happy this is my last night shift for the weekend! Its been a long time since I have done 3 night shifts in a row and I forgot how much I don't like them!:confused:

I got up 9:30 today and went for a long run with my running partner. We did 20 kms. It was a good run to. I didn't get tired and I didn't get a bad belly. Sometimes when I push myself to go further I get a bad stomach. Im thinking tomorrow may be a legs day and a short run. I am also hosting a jewelry party on Tues night so I need to get things organized for that.

Belinda** Sounds like you had a great rest day! Im looking forward to spending more time with DH when the kids are growen and gone;) Right now it just seems like life is such a rat race. He does what he wants, I do what I want, working full time and 2 kids...it doesn't leave much time for downtime! He as been giving me a hard time about spending more time out in the wilderness...as if I am sleeping in a tent! Puh-lease!

Ameila** Did you have fun with your little neice today? They grow up to fast..LOL...and I just finished saying to Belinda that I can't wait for the kids to be gone so I get more down time! haha! How is the job hunting going?

Iris** What was the result of your MRI...or did you get it yet?

Deb** I AM working:( but thats o.k. It is quiet time for me when I come to work b/c there is no one else around and I do things at my own speed. Right now I feel like lying down and taking a nap!

Trish** Good job with the weightloss!!! I will cross my fingers that you are on a roll!

Cookie** Happy Birthday! Your vaca sounds heavenly right now! Im sooo jealous! I had to giggle when I read the pj story:p I think my 2 kids are going to give me lots of sleepless nights, wrinkles and grey hair. I caught DD in another lie yesterday. Im not sure how else to tell her that no one likes liars!

Maudite** COngrats on putting those cigs down! I would be a royal *itch if I had to give up something that I enjoyed..even though its not good for you. I don't have any bad addictions, only coffee and I don't think thats to bad.

Helene** NIce to meet you! You have had a few new members join. Im usually more on the ball with checking in but in the summer time I find it harder to sit to a computer. Im kinda wanting it to rain so I can get some work done IN the house!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Yesterday I did GS UB's and I am soooo sore today! Ugh! I can barely lift my arms!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

hey girls, just finished my workout. I was tired before starting it but i knew i would feel better once i got it over, i drank a protein shake before too and i feel better:)

Iris-How was PUB today? Did you tear it up?;):p:)

Maudite-LOL, im glad you made it out of the store with any fights. CONGRATULATIONS on third day smoke free. It gets easier every day you do without them. I quit about 8yrs ago when i found out i was pregnate with my DD...its hard at first, but you can do it:) I have two kids,Elizabeth who is 7 and Dalton who is 4. Great workout today..your a busy bee;)

Debbie-Sending your back healing vibes...i need to buy a heating pad,mine has disappeared. Everysince my kids were little ive taught them to not interupt mommie during her workout time unless its an emergency(when they were smaller i would WO during nap time),so for the most part there good.

Lori-Awesome workouts girl! Have a nice time at the jewelry party! Im going in the morning to my DH's job to fill out an application, his boss said i was 'in' so im excited about bringing in some extra money! I will only be working on mondays and tuesday for right now...

ok,talk to yall in the morning:)

Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone. I enjoyed a rest-fest on Sunday. I did manage to bake some healthy bran muffins form an Oxygen mag that the family actually likes!

Deb - I get inspired by Tosca's Clean Eating series & the Eat Clean Mags, but some of the recipes are just too bland and DO NOT pass the test with the fam. So, I apply what I can. To follow her advice 70- 80% of the time is good for me.
SO sorry about the back, tak ethe alleve/advil - every now and then is fine, why suffer? Incorporate more stretches.......if it persists, see a physio.
A few relatives in NJ, but mostly I see friends there. My close family has all moved to Florida.

Maudite - Day 3 and no casualities? Congrats! That is fantastic. Stay strong, it will get easier with each day that passes.

Lori - 12.5 miles!?!?! And not even tired? Fabulous.

Belinda- a bike ride & brunch.....you do rest days well. Great to have an active DH.

Amelia - Great WO. Juggling your own little ones, babysitting & still getting in the wo......pat yourself on the back.

Well, it is Monday morning here. Had a great run this morning with DH (he is serious about his new commitment to fitness - so happy about this - as he doesn't have the best fam health history) Off to work now. In box is overflowing.......Have a happy Monday girls.

Hello again....

Amelia- Well I kind of tore it up today...I've had some strength issues the past couple of months...I've definitely lost some, and I"m trying not to let it discourage me....because I know I can always get it back! I'm glad you felt better after your workout!

Lori- Great run today!! What jewelery party are you hosting? I am a huge fan of Lia Sophia! And I won't get the results until tomorrow of the MRI (I'm assuming).......

Deb- I hope your back is feeling better soon!! I have the same problem time to time.....

Maudite- Congrats on 3 days!! I have gone back recently due to stress (not heavy) after quitting for a year and a half and am trying to figure out the best way to can it altogether.....*sigh* There is a social group here called Non-Smokers Paradise...would love for you to come check out!

See you guys tomorrow

Deb - cold turkey . . . I truly believe it is the only way to go. Of course I say this after having quit for about two years and going back!! This time though I know my triggers and am going to avoid them like the plague.

Pinny - I will definately check out the group. I'm sorry to hear that you went back I know how hard it can be and how disappointing it can be when you start up again. At least you not smoking heavy (you have to look on the bright side).

Hello everyone,

Maudite: Well done on the third day and on staying cool in the store. The momentum keeps building and each day you can celebrate a new achievement.

Amelia, Belinda and Lori: I am impressed by everybody's workouts! 20kms, biking on rest days etc. You are all a motivating group that's for sure.

Deb: I have been fighting back issues for nearly 20 years. And though I try to stay away from meds as much as possible, Alleve really works for me. When my back is really bad here I have to take one and a half though (which is what I had been prescribed) and that usually does it. If you can get a little relief from the pain, sometimes it helps to relax the contracting muscles. Depending on the problem with your back pain, be careful how you stretch it. I was actually over stretching my lower back especially with yoga and it took me 10 years to learn not to do that anymore. I hope you get better soon.

Iris: I think we are all (the entire forum) hoping for good news from your MRI. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully things get a little easier soon.

Gianna: where are you located that it is already Monday?

Amelia: thanks for the MFP info. I created an account today and I like it a lot better. I just finished reading lose the fat burn the muscle and am trying to incorporate the advice. The MFP website is nice because you can tailor the percentages you want to consume and the day is better divided. Thanks a lot for the info.

I managed to get KickMax in today even though the husband is still sick and the kids are still full of energy. Tomorrow is Disc 4 and yoga in the evening after work. Should be a fun day if my arms hold out.

See ya all in the morning.
Helene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.